Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 24 NEXT

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

Perhaps they are the law. I doubt pokemon world has a written constitution, as that's more a western law thing.

Ah, like a feudalistic society. The Champion is the king/queen, the Elite Four are the upper nobility, and the Gym Leaders are the lower nobles that govern specific areas of the realm.

Which also means that the Champion is elected by virtue of being the strongest a la ancient Sparta, and I guess the Elite Four and Gym Leaders are appointed.

That... that actually makes an insane amount of sense. Which explains why everyone wants to be the pokemon master. But where do the professors fit into all of this?

They're the election officials that help all candidates go through the necessary procedures to be eligible for the chance to challenge the Champion.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 15: In which I ramble about legal terms

By the way, not next time, but the time after that, I'll be catching a Magnemite. Name time. By the way, I pre-emptively disallow any ICP references.

Also: Question: Which gym gimmic did you like the most?

I liked the one for Pryce's gym. Firstly, Pryce is a badass. But also because sliding around on the ice was fun.

Woo! unrealized shout out to me. I liked the water gym usually. Something about those puzzles are fun yet aggravating. As for the Magnimite let's go with Magnus.

I liked the one for Iris/Drayden's gym. Walking on the backs of dragons? Sign me up!

The best one, though, is my hypothetical steel gym, in which you have magnetized shoes and you have to change the magnetic polarity of the walls to walk on walls and ceilings as you make your way to the gym leader. Kinda like the Distortion World in Platinum, but with switches.

As for this Magnemite, I want him to be named Magneto, because I'm unoriginal and I just watched X-Men First Class for the third time.

sage42:
Woo! unrealized shout out to me. I liked the water gym usually. Something about those puzzles are fun yet aggravating. As for the Magnimite let's go with Magnus.

Ah, yes. I remember it was you now.

StorytellingIsAMust:
I liked the one for Iris/Drayden's gym. Walking on the backs of dragons? Sign me up!

But... there is one they fear. In their tongue... he is 'Dovahkiin' - Dragonborn!

StorytellingIsAMust:

The best one, though, is my hypothetical steel gym, in which you have magnetized shoes and you have to change the magnetic polarity of the walls to walk on walls and ceilings as you make your way to the gym leader. Kinda like the Distortion World in Platinum, but with switches.

That's pretty cool.

StorytellingIsAMust:

As for this Magnemite, I want him to be named Magneto, because I'm unoriginal and I just watched X-Men First Class for the third time.

Ah. That was a good movie, wasn't it?

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

But... there is one they fear. In their tongue... he is 'Dovahkiin' - Dragonborn!

StorytellingIsAMust:

That's pretty cool.

Firstly, that Skyrim joke was hilarious, thank you for that. Secondly, thanks, I felt really proud when I wasted an hour drawing a map and trainer/leader list that I promptly lost two days later.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

StorytellingIsAMust:

That's pretty cool.

Firstly, that Skyrim joke was hilarious, thank you for that. Secondly, thanks, I felt really proud when I wasted an hour drawing a map and trainer/leader list that I promptly lost two days later.

Skyrim is still funny? Who'd a thunk it?

I wouldn't count that as "Wasted" time. I made one of those before as well. It was themed around the legal system in some way. I don't remember how though...

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

That's pretty cool.

I wouldn't count that as "Wasted" time. I made one of those before as well. It was themed around the legal system in some way. I don't remember how though...

If anyone shouted Objection in your gym then it would be the greatest gym of all time.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

If anyone shouted Objection in your gym then it would be the greatest gym of all time.

I am actually a student of law, though not yet a law student. I remember going through the Phoenix Wright games, and I made a list of every constitutional/legal statute violation I saw. It appears that the concept of "Prosecutorial Misconduct" does not exist in that world.

Actually, during my DnD group, the characters got put on trial and had to defend themselves. They shouted "Objection" when a witness lied.

I liked a lot of the Gyms in Black and White, especially Elesa's and Brycen's

I like Skyla's as well despite the fact that, well it's extremely dangerous. Seriously if Pokemon and its characters were real her gym would be shut down by health and safety and god knows how many times she would get sued by injured trainers.

Come to think of it all the Gyms in Black and White are dangerous except for 1 and 2 and possible Elesa's.

Burgh's Bug type Gym, couldn't you smother in those honey walls.

Clay's Ground type Gym. How do you breathe down there? Last I checked there is very little oxygen undergound.

Brycen's Ice Gym. that curved ice path you take to get out after the battle, that's a big drop and you're on ice.

Drayden/Iris Dragon Gym. Once again that is a big drop.

Now moving onto to Nicknames for Magnemite. How about Mikan? Then again I'm only saying this as a tribute to one of my favourite Johto Gym leaders Jasmine or Mikan in Japan.

knight of some random number:
I liked a lot of the Gyms in Black and White, especially Elesa's and Brycen's

I like Skyla's as well despite the fact that, well it's exremely dangerous. Seriously if Pokemon and its characters were real her gym would be shut down by health and safety and god knows how many times she would get sued by injured trainers.

Come to think of it all the Gyms in Black and White are dangerous except for 1 and 2 and possible Elesa's.

Burgh's Bug type Gym, couldn't you smother in those honey walls.

Clay's Ground type Gym. How do you breathe down there? Last I checked there is very little oxygen undergound.

Brycen's Ice Gym. that curved ice path you take to get out after the battle, that's a big drop and you're on ice.

Drayden/Iris Dragon Gym. Once again that is a big drop.

Now moving onto to Nicknames for Magnemite. How about Mikan? Then again I'm only saying this as a tribute to one of my favourite Johto Gym leaders Jasmine or Mikan in Japan.

Wait, that's the one you get shot out of cannons with, right? .... Yeah. How the hell do these guys avoid civil liability lawsuits? Really good lawyers, I guess.

Anyhoo, I like Mikan and Magneto so far. I'd do it by gender, but Magnemite doesn't have a gender...

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

I am actually a student of law, though not yet a law student. I remember going through the Phoenix Wright games, and I made a list of every constitutional/legal statute violation I saw. It appears that the concept of "Prosecutorial Misconduct" does not exist in that world.

Actually, during my DnD group, the characters got put on trial and had to defend themselves. They shouted "Objection" when a witness lied.

That's hilarious, I've been thinking about using a trial for my group's next adventure myself.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

That's hilarious, I've been thinking about using a trial for my group's next adventure myself.

It was almost a full copy of the one from Neverwinter Nights 2. Sand (The fellow who's my Avatar) was their lawyer. But there was a shocking twist involved, too.

Yeah, I think it can work well. It's a "social skill" boss fight.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

It was almost a full copy of the one from Neverwinter Nights 2. Sand (The fellow who's my Avatar) was their lawyer. But there was a shocking twist involved, too.

I was thinking about modeling a trial after the one from Chrono Trigger. Great scene from a great game.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

I was thinking about modeling a trial after the one from Chrono Trigger. Great scene from a great game.

You know, I've never actually played the game. And I have little to no idea what it's about. I'll have to check it out.

But anyhow, one of the most important things is to have a back up plan should your players lose.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

You know, I've never actually played the game. And I have little to no idea what it's about. I'll have to check it out.

But anyhow, one of the most important things is to have a back up plan should your players lose.

Yeah, backup plans are important, aren't they?

Anyway, Chrono Trigger is awesome. All I can really say without spoiling anything is that it's about time travel and desperately needs a remake.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

Anyway, Chrono Trigger is awesome. All I can really say without spoiling anything is that it's about time travel and desperately needs a remake.

I learned that the first time my friend rolled two natural twenties, killing a boss that was intended to kill him.

I see.

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

I learned that the first time my friend rolled two natural twenties, killing a boss that was intended to kill him.

I see.

I had set up an epic chase through the streets and alleyways into all sorts of traps and ambushes and the party instead climbed on a rooftop and dropped ice storms from on high killing all the enemies and bypassing all the traps. I was stunned, to say the least.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

StorytellingIsAMust:

I see.

I had set up an epic chase through the streets and alleyways into all sorts of traps and ambushes and the party instead climbed on a rooftop and dropped ice storms from on high killing all the enemies and bypassing all the traps. I was stunned, to say the least.

Almost every member of my group had some form of ASD. So I relished the chance to see how they would fight changeless. They fought a bunch of Magi-Wraiths, which reflected magic back at them. Their response? To reflect the reflection and play spell-pong.

Another time, they were fighting Orcs, and through a very high Knowledge (Religion)/Bluff/Diplomacy chain, they were able to make them commit suicide by proclaiming to be an Avatar of Gruumsh. Fun times.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 4: In which we once again fail to understand stranger danger

EDIT: Question, I almost forgot: What game are you most looking forward to in 2012? For me, I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mass Effect 3 does.

CM156:

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 4: In which we once again fail to understand stranger danger

EDIT: Question, I almost forgot: What game are you most looking forward to in 2012? For me, I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mass Effect 3 does.

Not really looking forward to any games at the moment. Maybe Mass Effect 3. Most of my hype is directed towards the Avengers and Dark Knight Rises at the moment.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

Not really looking forward to any games at the moment. Maybe Mass Effect 3. Most of my hype is directed towards the Avengers and Dark Knight Rises at the moment.

Yeah, I've seen that quite a bit. I'm not much a movie-goer myself, though. The last film I saw in theaters was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Good movie, I think.

Well thats a pretty crappy gift. he should always give you a rare candy.

As to the question... I dont know. I keep hoping 2012 will be the year we get a (now) 3ds remake of R/S.

emeraldrafael:
Well thats a pretty crappy gift. he should always give you a rare candy.

As to the question... I dont know. I keep hoping 2012 will be the year we get a (now) 3ds remake of R/S.

Well, some of his gifts are cool. But this one? Rather sucky.

Well, that, along with Animal Crossing 3DS might be enough for me to shill out for the asking price. Yes. I love Animal Crossing.

If a gym's purpose were to troll the player, the vermillion city gym would be my favorite.

As for my anticipated game, I'd say "good people die" for the 3DS/ PS VITA cuz its the sequel to one of my favorite games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqGs441qzU

CM156:

Warriors Orochi 3 (English release) and Bioshock Infinite.

I'm also hoping that Relic officially announce Dawn of War III (they mentioned it last year I think).

ChupathingyX:

CM156:

I'm also hoping that Relic officially announce Dawn of War III (they mentioned it last year I think).

Tell me: Have you played either Bioshock 1 or 2? Are they good? I got them for Christmas, but I didn't yet get a chance to play them, before I left for school.

CM156:

Tell me: Have you played either Bioshock 1 or 2? Are they good? I got them for Christmas, but I didn't yet get a chance to play them, before I left for school.[/quote]

I played the demo for Bioshock and a I played it (a little) at a friends house also. I enjoyed what little gameplay I played (and the voice acting was good).

I intend to properly play them (at least the first one) before getting Infinite.

In other news, Mass Effect 2 arrived in the mail today (quicker than I thought) and I'm gonna go play it. But first I have to go through all the EA activation stuff *sigh*

The cool thing is that the game already comes with the Kasumi, Overlord and Shadow Broker DLCs.

The only game I've got my eyes on so far is Resident Evil Racoon City, I usually just wait and buy games on a whim.

Also quick question regarding the gym leader rematches in HeartGold.

Do I need all 16 badges before I can fight them again because I've got most of the Johto Leader's number except for Clair's. And I know I can fight Chuck on Wednesday night. But he isn't accepting my calls. Also night time starts at 8pm in those games right?

knight of some random number:
The only game I've got my eyes on so far is Resident Evil Racoon City, I usually just wait and buy games on a whim.

Also quick question regarding the gym leader rematches in HeartGold.

Do I need all 16 badges before I can fight them again because I've got most of the Johto Leader's number except for Clair's. And I know I can fight Chuck on Wednesday night. But he isn't accepting my calls. Also night time starts at 8pm in those games right?

I'm pretty sure you need all 16 badges.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 4.5: In which we zap to the extreme!

Off topic question time: I actually have two

Firstly, how many people got the reference in the title?

Secondly (And more importantly), who is your favorite video game side-kick/companion? From any game? For me, it would be Sand, from Neverwinter Nights 2. He's so sarcastic, and he resonates well with me. He's a lawyer, who's also a wizard. He's also Lawful Neutral, which is a good alignment and one I get along with secondly best (The first being Lawful Good)

Probably Junpei from persona 3, just cause he reminds me of my friend Jake. Akihiko reminds me of my friend Ryan, so I guess him too, but I did meet jake before ryan (by about 10 minutes) so if I had to save one from dying by letting the other die, i'd save jake.

... Plus i think Ryan would kill himself if only one could be saved.

Oh, are you gonna do the ocean routes as mini updates? sepcifically the one you go through early in game on Briney's ship and the broken down ship in the middle of the water? cause you really should, since there's an Ice Beam TM in the boat.

emeraldrafael:
Probably Junpei from persona 3, just cause he reminds me of my friend Jake. Akihiko reminds me of my friend Ryan, so I guess him too, but I did meet jake before ryan (by about 10 minutes) so if I had to save one from dying by letting the other die, i'd save jake.

Oh, are you gonna do the ocean routes as mini updates? sepcifically the one you go through early in game on Briney's ship and the broken down ship in the middle of the water? cause you really should, since there's an Ice Beam TM in the boat.

You know what? I'd forgotten about that one. I likely will, now that you mention it.

Also, I take it you didn't get the reference to "Zap to the extreme", correct? It's fine if you don't, of course.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

You know what? I'd forgotten about that one. I likely will, now that you mention it.

Also, I take it you didn't get the reference to "Zap to the extreme", correct? It's fine if you don't, of course.

Oka. pacificlog town would probably also be a good miniupdate, especially if you do Mirage island in it.

And no, I dont. If you want to send me it in a private message so as not to ruin it for anyone feel free, but i cant think of it.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

Oka. pacificlog town would probably also be a good miniupdate, especially if you do Mirage island in it.

And no, I dont. If you want to send me it in a private message so as not to ruin it for anyone feel free, but i cant think of it.

I don't think I'll be doing Mirage island, to be honest. Nor do I know if I'll be catching Rayquaza. But I will keep both in mind.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked