Poll: Empire or Stormcloak?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Free Thinker:
I was Stormcloak until I actually talked to the NPCs in Windhelm. The Stromcloaks are racist bastards. Making the Dunmer live in slums, ignoring crimes against anyone but Nords, etc. So, I'm Imperial Legion now after actually listening to NPCs.

Though you have to understand. The elves kick the ass out of the Empire and made them sign a treaty which they basically rule over them. The nords don't like that since they are being told how to live and who to believe in.

How would you feel if the invading force came in, beat the shit out of your government and made the government their puppet. Also dude, since your going Empire, I hope you like the racist elves they serve the Thalmor who believe they are superior then man and are "Going to prove it one century at a time"

So yeah, no matter what side you are going to be serving some racist group. Also just to let yo know what else the Empire have done in the last 30 years for the Thalmor, who are also very racist to humans and the empire is listening to them like a loyal dog.

1. Ban the worship of Talos.
2. Gotten rid of the Blades
3. The cession of a large section of southern Hammerfell
4. Also hunt down anyone worshipping Talos and send them off to the Thalmor which they most likely will be torture and then killed.

So yeah, go have fun with Empire and their puppet master The Thalmor. I hope being under the Thalmor rule is a lot better then some racist nords.

Edit: Also I forgot. They also disbanded the Mages Guild as well for part of the Treaty.

Miyam2:
I picked the empire, because the stormcloaks seem kind of like religious terrorists. Seriously, they use stealth tactics to murder imperials because they have prevented the worship of Talos.

Not really, throughout the game they tend to engage the imperials on equal footing, they only seem to use guerilla tactics when deemed necessary.

Plus, it's one thing to kill for your religion, however it's something else entirely to fight to liberate your homeland, with your own culture and beliefs being suppressed by an increasingly inept empire. It's not just 'preventing worship', it's arresting all those trying to worship and sending them to a secret police force.

I went with the Empire and was glad I chose them. The one major gripe is that now I have a Legate who follows me around Whiterun with his sword unsheathed at all times. This would be fine if his voice didn't sound so dumb, I feel like the empire consciously put him in the town my house was at so I could babysit his dumb ass.

Empire, Because clearly the signing of the White-Gold Concordat is a ploy to stall for time in order to regroup and then totally fuck up the Thalmor. Ulfric is gonna screw it all up. Also, he's a racist c**tbag.

I might actually flip back to Empire, gah, stupid game with a decent moral decision.

PsyberGoth:
Empire, Because clearly the signing of the White-Gold Concordat is a ploy to stall for time in order to regroup and then totally fuck up the Thalmor. Ulfric is gonna screw it all up. Also, he's a racist c**tbag.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Great_War
Bingo. That is the only reason that the Emperor signed the treaty. The Empire can't wait to break the treaty, but they need to regather their strength and organize their people. There is only one group that benefits from a civil war in Skyrim. It isn't the Empire or the Stormcloaks.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

PsyberGoth:

Bingo. That is the only reason that the Emperor signed the treaty. The Empire can't wait to break the treaty, but they need to regather their strength and organize their people. There is only one group that benefits from a civil war in Skyrim. It isn't the Empire or the Stormcloaks.

Just one question. Does the Empire really believe they can recover after they lost so much? No more blades, no more mages guide, banning of Talos. As well as it seem they are letting the Thalmor more into their lands and watching over them like hawks.

Plus who to say the Thalmor won't get their own pay off politics within the Empire to make sure no one betrays them. Please tell me. Everyone saying "The empire is the only thing stopping them!" is bullshit. The Hammerfall people held on for five more years. FIVE. By themselves. I just want to hear how the Empire is going to recover after they gave up so much and are now being watch over. You can't tell me the elves know the Empire are trying to buy time and will do anything to make sure they stay weak.

Hell they are trying to keep this war on as long as it can. They want NEITHER side to win in one of the books you read for doing the Blades quest. If continue to rule by the Empire, then I can just see the Thalmor winning. If Skyrim is seperated then I can see the Thalmor trying to hold on to many lands (Or fighting in to many enemies) and losing.

Jove:
I sided with Stormclocks. I looked at it this way.

I disagree

Outcast107:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

PsyberGoth:

Just one question. Does the Empire really believe they can recover after they lost so much? No more blades, no more mages guide, banning of Talos. As well as it seem they are letting the Thalmor more into their lands and watching over them like hawks.

Plus who to say the Thalmor won't get their own pay off politics within the Empire to make sure no one betrays them. Please tell me. Everyone saying "The empire is the only thing stopping them!" is bullshit. The Hammerfall people held on for five more years. FIVE. By themselves. I just want to hear how the Empire is going to recover after they gave up so much and are now being watch over. You can't tell me the elves know the Empire are trying to buy time and will do anything to make sure they stay weak.

Hell they are trying to keep this war on as long as it can. They want NEITHER side to win in one of the books you read for doing the Blades quest. If continue to rule by the Empire, then I can just see the Thalmor winning. If Skyrim is seperated then I can see the Thalmor trying to hold on to many lands (Or fighting in to many enemies) and losing.

I keep seeing things like "Thalmor puppets" being thrown around. Hell, the biggest part of the treaty, the banning of Talos worship, wasn't even enforced until Ulfric used it as a rallying cry and started a rebellion. The Thalmor army in Cyrodiil was beaten and they were driven out of Hammerfell. The Thalmor aren't as strong as they would have you believe. They sure aren't paying off too many people then either. General Tullius hates the Thalmor and the Emperor hates them. I haven't met an Imperial who likes them. And the Thalmor was the group that I was alluding to about who wins when it comes to the civil war. The Thalmor haven't exactly won too many straight up fights and they no longer have the element of surprise. Honestly, an Independent Skyrim or the Empire could beat them.

Outcast107:
FUS ROH SNIP!

That's what i thought at first. But if you talk to enough people in the Legion, they don't directly serve the Thalmor. They hate the Thalmor just as much as the Stormcloaks, but are biding their time. I lack the knowledge of using spoiler tags, otherwise I would include an in-depth explanation. If you finish the Civil War questline on the side of the Stormcloaks, listen to General Tulias before you execute him.

Free Thinker:

Outcast107:
FUS ROH SNIP!

That's what i thought at first. But if you talk to enough people in the Legion, they don't directly serve the Thalmor. They hate the Thalmor just as much as the Stormcloaks, but are biding their time. I lack the knowledge of using spoiler tags, otherwise I would include an in-depth explanation. If you finish the Civil War questline on the side of the Stormcloaks, listen to General Tulias before you execute him.

Just type [ spoiler]Words[/spoiler] without that space. Like

Personally, I'm leaning toward siding with the Empire. My first play through I was all for the Stormcloaks, but every time I approached *any* city or town that supported them, all of the NPCs would keep up xenophobic/racist rhetoric (though I was a high elf). Thinking this was simply because I was one of the races in the offending dominion, I started a playthrough as a Breton. I'm *still* getting flak for not being a "true son or daughter of Skyrim". The Stormcloaks aren't just making enemies with the Thalmor and Empire (while they are in Skyrim); they are hostile against anyone who isn't a Nord. That just rubs me the wrong way (and seems impractical when trying to face the Aldmeri Dominion, the whole reducing possible allies and all).

As such, the Empire seems better posed to face off against the Aldmeri when the time is right, mostly because of

Free Thinker:
snip

I did and I'm glad that I join the StormCloaks. He knew the Thalmor was using this to make them weak. Yet didn't do anything to stop it. Thats to me, is just submitting to the Thalmor. I'm sorry but if The Empire is going to play like that when they know full well that they are being use and not do a damn thing about it then fuck them.

Also Ulric was in the right to challenge the old king to a duel and he won. Then he was called a traitor and murderer. So yeah, Empire does not seem the right choice for me.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
snip

Well look at it this way, why was there a treaty in the first place? Because if Hammerfall could hold them off then it proves the Empire could have won as well if they kept at it.

Peronaly I just fucking hate elves and refuse to be on any of their side. To me it just seem like they won in the end. So fuck the empire for giving up. Its better to die fighting then sing a treaty that basically fucks you over.

Also about the Talos thing. How would the elves feel if the empire wasn't enforcing the rule and found out that everyone was still worshiping Talos secretly? I doubt they would not be to please with that.

Also the reason I think that Hammerfall COULD handle on its own is because they are fighting in their own turf with their own set of rules. Look at Skyrim, its reminds me of something liek a Russian area. Always snows, terrible place to invade and not a lot of food to be grown. The Dominion would have a hell of a time trying to conquer that. So a independent Skyrim has just as much chance at defending Skyrim from the elves just like Hammerfall. Plus, The Stormcloaks are planning on attacking the Dominion when its ready.

Also yes, The Empire hates the Dominion and Thalmor. I just don't see how they are going to be able to "Gain" their strength back up when they gave up so much already. As well as I have also talk to some people of the Empire side of Skyrim. They seem just as fine getting rid of Talos and how Empire is running things (Which is poorly).

One more thing, A indepentent Skyrim means more Trouble for the Dominion. They would have to deal with three different types of regions. Cyrodiil, Hammerfall, and Skyrim itself to attack. Isn't that a better course of action then what the Empire is doing by just leaving Skyrim weak as it is? cause to me the Empire isn't doing that great of a job in helping Skyrim out.

Outcast107:

Free Thinker:
snip

I did and I'm glad that I join the StormCloaks. He knew the Thalmor was using this to make them weak. Yet didn't do anything to stop it. Thats to me, is just submitting to the Thalmor. I'm sorry but if The Empire is going to play like that when they know full well that they are being use and not do a damn thing about it then fuck them.

Also Ulric was in the right to challenge the old king to a duel and he won. Then he was called a traitor and murderer. So yeah, Empire does not seem the right choice for me.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
snip

Well look at it this way, why was there a treaty in the first place? Because if Hammerfall could hold them off then it proves the Empire could have won as well if they kept at it.

Peronaly I just fucking hate elves and refuse to be on any of their side. To me it just seem like they won in the end. So fuck the empire for giving up. Its better to die fighting then sing a treaty that basically fucks you over.

Also about the Talos thing. How would the elves feel if the empire wasn't enforcing the rule and found out that everyone was still worshiping Talos secretly? I doubt they would not be to please with that.

Also the reason I think that Hammerfall COULD handle on its own is because they are fighting in their own turf with their own set of rules. Look at Skyrim, its reminds me of something liek a Russian area. Always snows, terrible place to invade and not a lot of food to be grown. The Dominion would have a hell of a time trying to conquer that. So a independent Skyrim has just as much chance at defending Skyrim from the elves just like Hammerfall. Plus, The Stormcloaks are planning on attacking the Dominion when its ready.

Also yes, The Empire hates the Dominion and Thalmor. I just don't see how they are going to be able to "Gain" their strength back up when they gave up so much already. As well as I have also talk to some people of the Empire side of Skyrim. They seem just as fine getting rid of Talos and how Empire is running things (Which is poorly).

One more thing, A indepentent Skyrim means more Trouble for the Dominion. They would have to deal with three different types of regions. Cyrodiil, Hammerfall, and Skyrim itself to attack. Isn't that a better course of action then what the Empire is doing by just leaving Skyrim weak as it is? cause to me the Empire isn't doing that great of a job in helping Skyrim out.

All I know is I better get a "kill all Thalmor" DLC. Because regardless of who you are with, everyone hates the damn Aldmeri Dominion.

Ruwrak:
I've done the Empire great services during teh Oblivion Crisis. And I did not get a penny for it! Or a book about me!

So f em. Time to unleash some "Yourgh" and "Rash fo Dahn" on em :V

Edit: I am aware of the book "The Oblivion Crisis"
THey only name me in very small amounts as 'The Hero of Kvatch'. And then give all the glory to Martin. I say boo! I did all the hard work. He only surrendered his life by becoming the Avatar of Akintosh and turned to stone. Seriously.. I want at least a big bag o heritage-gold. :V

[DO realise that this is written for the sake of 'haha' not the 'OMGIMNOTGETTINGANYTHINGFROMOBLIVION' sweet 16 whining type of sake]

SPOILER-FUCKING-ALERT.

I know. I'm one of those silly bitches that hasn't finished Oblivion yet (and am finishing it before playing Skyrim). But seriously. Please be careful?

RedEyesBlackGamer:
snip

That we can agree on my friend. My Argonian blades hungry for the Thalmor's blood.

EHKOS:
Stormcloak. Being from America I hate how people charge in and take over. I'm really ashamed of it, and I know how it would feel to me and that feel sucks. Plus I hate authority and big groups of people trying to be the biggest authority so I fit in nicely.

Remember that Skyrim has been part of the Empire for centuries.

I myself went for Empire. The Stormcloaks seem to be way too fanatical, and while the Empire isn't perfect, it needs to stay together. United we stand, divided we fall.

I'm probably gonna go Stormcloaks if I ever get around to doing the Civil War storyline.

While I do not agree with their xenophobia, given that there are still elves that enjoy leaving in a land that does not like them gives me hope.

With the Imperials denying the worship of one deity was such an epic douchebag move, I feel justified in introducing their squishy bits with my Ebony Greatsword.

Besides, their name sounds cooler too.

Outcast107:

Free Thinker:
I was Stormcloak until I actually talked to the NPCs in Windhelm. The Stromcloaks are racist bastards. Making the Dunmer live in slums, ignoring crimes against anyone but Nords, etc. So, I'm Imperial Legion now after actually listening to NPCs.

Though you have to understand. The elves kick the ass out of the Empire and made them sign a treaty which they basically rule over them. The nords don't like that since they are being told how to live and who to believe in.

i think you have your elves confused, the Dunmer are basically done because when their gods died the big rock that was hanging over their capitol crashed and caused the red mountain to erupt, destroying Vvardefall and a tidal wave that destroyed the rest of morrowind. So of all the races in the TES universe no-one is as screwed as the Dunmer because their only choice is moving away from their ancestral home lands.
They had absolutely nothing to with the great war, except that i am certain there were some of them fighting in the Legion.

Kakulukia:
Stormcloak, if only because the Empire tried to murder me in the intro.
Though Ulfric's voice really gets on my nerves...

Really? I think he's got a good voice actor. Anyway, I (my character) took an interest in Ulfric, and since the empire tried to execute me, that's sort of sour. Plus, being leader of the companions, I'm friends with the grey manes. However, I do disagree with the extremity of Ulfric's stance, and the first stormcloak mission after initiation was something I felt guilty about doing, though I did it to the best of my ability.

Damn, this is a great RPG...

teebeeohh:

Outcast107:

Free Thinker:

i think you have your elves confused, the Dunmer are basically done because when their gods died the big rock that was hanging over their capitol crashed and caused the red mountain to erupt, destroying Vvardefall and a tidal wave that destroyed the rest of morrowind. So of all the races in the TES universe no-one is as screwed as the Dunmer because their only choice is moving away from their ancestral home lands.
They had absolutely nothing to with the great war, except that i am certain there were some of them fighting in the Legion.

Well, I heard that the reason the Dunmer are staying in the grey quarter is because they're to prideful to actually ask for help. Seems like a two sided coin to me.

Edit: As I carefully learn more without spoiling the story, I'm actually starting to regret joining the stormcloaks, as I disagree with them in some ways.

WolfThomas:
I might actually flip back to Empire, gah, stupid game with a decent moral decision.

Yeah, but how? Unless you haven't formally picked a side yet...

teebeeohh:

Outcast107:

Free Thinker:

Oh I know the Dunmer are not the Dominion but like I said they are still consider "elves" (Due to the name Dark Elves). Just saying that they are still outsiders and the Nords (Not all Stormcloaks but some) just don't like them and don't trust them. Since as well as they are not picking a side (Which they shouldn't have to in my opinion) but what can you expect from a warrior-like nation.

Plus, I think the best way to help get rid of the Nords racist remarks is to actually show that outsiders can help them (If you play as a non-nord). Heck that one guy who insults you in the city of windhelm you can beat the shit out of and he does sort of respect you.

Though just to say I don't mind the Empire, it just I don't like how things are turning out with them and the Dominion. The soldiers and the people might not like them but politics are totally different.

The way this thread has continued and ended in such a debate really goes to show how well formed Bethesda made this situation.

Murais:

SPOILER-FUCKING-ALERT.

I know. I'm one of those silly bitches that hasn't finished Oblivion yet (and am finishing it before playing Skyrim). But seriously. Please be careful?

I think that after 5 years of release date it's safe to say that? Or are we supposed to be silenced forever about things?
It's like saying that noone can say that Sephiroth is defeated :P

(besides, why have you not yet completed Oblivion? It's a cakewalk. A rather short cakewalk at that.)

TypeSD:
Then I took out a fort of Imperials (Liberate the Reach), who hadn't actually done anything wrong, yet. And were as far away from the front lines as it was possible to be whilst still technically living in Skyrim.

I noticed there was something going on when I first realized I could click away on the blue and red flags on those maps all these folks have laid out on their tables. My being a part of the Viking uprising was part random, part because I really dislike the Roman Empire looks and approach of the Imperials. After a bit that felt like being thrown into MW3 in a medieval fantasy setting, I found out that my Viking brothers are quite a bit selfish, ignorant and just as full of it like the next best man.

Good thing I am a chaotic neutral rogue, so I have little issues not completing a quest if I feel it's not the right thing to do for me. Clutters up my automated to-do list, though.

Note: Fireballs are more fun than bows & arrows. Enter the rogue Archmage!

Did Stormcloaks first on my 2nd char, didn't like it at all so I'm all for the empire on my main. They seem like they know more what they are doing, Ulfric seems to be a bit too ignorant.

binnsyboy:

WolfThomas:

Yeah, but how? Unless you haven't formally picked a side yet...

Sorry haven't picked a side, I haven't had a chance to play all week, so I keep thinking about what I'd do in Skyrim, I keep changing sides in my mind. Currently Empire at the moment.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Outcast107:

Free Thinker:
snip

RedEyesBlackGamer:
snip

All I know is I better get a "kill all Thalmor" DLC. Because regardless of who you are with, everyone hates the damn Aldmeri Dominion.

hehe, I like your thinking. The reason Why I joined The Stormcloacks is mainly because of the Empire becoming like dogs for the Thalmor.... even the Talmor embasador came to my small reunion for a peace Treaty... good thing I drove her out lawls. Besides that, I recall that in Oblivion you help remake the knights of the 9 as you for the General... somthing that those... bastards Empire decree on banishing its religion and demolish all shrines that are connected to Talos... all the hard work you went as a pilgrimage just to see it in ruins... and besides that... Ulfric was rather suprised and happy at the same time when he saw me near his throne. When I spoke to him *im Argonian* he told me * Hail my friend, it is good to see you back from Helgen!And so on until he asked me to join his cause. He may be *bad* but he has charisma! And besides that lol er... back when I 1st started my game I saw a bunch of Thalmor dragging a Talos woreshiper... they interogated me and they asked if I pray for Talos. I answered yes and they suddenly atk me * sons of Bs *

Stormcloaks or Empire...to me its just a usual day at the office; humans killing humans.

As an Argonian I just stay away from both, thieves guild all the way.

This is the hardest damn choice in a game ever.

Both sides have so many negatives to take into account... it's a tough one indeed

MiracleOfSound:
This is the hardest damn choice in a game ever.

Both sides have so many negatives to take into account... it's a tough one indeed

I sided with the stormcloaks. Partly because i'm a nord, and partly because I fucking hate Altmer. All of them. I can understand why the Stormcloaks hate the elves considering the religious repression and the forced treaty...

Skyrim confirmed for greatest moral choice in a game ever.

Empire!! Sure, they tried to execute me, but it was the Machiavellian thing to do! A successful ruler must not tolerate insurrection! Death to the elf-hating rebels!

Deathmageddon:
Empire!! Sure, they tried to execute me, but it was the Machiavellian thing to do! A successful ruler must not tolerate insurrection! Death to the elf-hating rebels!

The Elves are the biggest dicks this side Oblivion.

Fuck I love this game.

For everyone who's saying that the empire are total Thalmor tools, and the Stormcloaks are not? Go kill some stormcloak commanders in their camps on an Empire character. You find missives that show that the Stormcloaks are being heavily supplied by the Thalmor. Yeah. - They made a deal with the devil. Plus, there's a dossier showing that Ulfric was deliberately set up to start a rebellion in the first place in the Thalmor embassy. Both sides are Thalmor tools, so you can't join Stormcloaks for that reason - but at least the Empire it least upfront about having it forced through their teeth, while Stormcloaks are made a deal with their worst enemy to cause a rebellion that their worst enemy wanted and acted as if they're the only truly just ones.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked