Is this really how they react to girls on XBOX live? (NSFW language)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Aeonknight:

Bvenged:

Aeonknight:
... since when was this new? Or exclusive to CoD?

I swear people will throw out any little video they can to demonize a demographic they aren't fond of. There are plenty of youtube vids of idiots being idiots across all game fanbases, across all platforms. I don't even play CoD anymore and this just seems like bait for the anti-CoD crowd to come in and have a field day.

And look who all showed up to party.

Well, the anti-CoD crowd isn't going to have a field day insulting a BF3 video, are they? Of course they're going to shoot down CoD when they see CoD whenever they can.

In that case, allow me to even the field.

Girls can be just as bad

And people on other games/platforms can be just as bad.

Seriously, if you don't like CoD that's fine. But at least hate it for the right reasons than the OP's knee-jerk bullshit.

CoD is easier to blame because so many people play it. Therefore you're going to see a lot more bad behavior. It really is as simple as that.

Tanner The Monotone:

Fappy:

I am using the term to describe "severely idiotic people".

Your still using a derogatory term to insult a group of people's intelligence, which is stooping yourself down to their level.

To be fair, it can be bloody hard to not use derogatory terms when you realise just how common they are.
"Well this is gay.. I mean, this sucks (realises this is still anti-gay) uuh, this is lame? goddamn it, this is totally not the bees knees!"

I go for, no hate behind the term = it's a-ok.

OT: stay classy internet. Though to be fair, the sheer stupidity and ignorance that permeates from gaming voice chats is omnidirectional; if they don't scream hate at you for being a woman it'll be for having blond hair or glasses or like skipping in planty places smelling the flowers.

artanis_neravar:
OY! Fuck you, don't lump me in with these douchebags.

Sorry mate, better safe than sorry. Your boat for Monster Island leaves tomorrow morning.

MammothBlade:
How many of you get this every time you play?

What do they do, look at your username and call you out on it? Or do they wait till you talk?

Really, is that the worst you got? Man that's tame compared to some of the shit I hear, and I'm a guy.

Just mute em tho eh?

Okay, on behalf of THAT side of my gender (we don't like to talk about them) I'd like to apologise. Unfortunately, that's COD players. Most of them are 10-16, and stupid kids. I've met several girls on xbox, and whenever I ask them about how the kids treat them, they always say the dumb kids say really sexist and misogynistic things. Personally, I would never say things like that to anyone (regardless of gender, sexuality or race) unless provoked. Seems like you just get the assholes.

EClaris:
I remember when that used to happen to me when I played Left 4 Dead, and a group that I used to pay TF2 with for a long time basically admitted to me that they only "let me in" to the group because I was a girl, and not my god-like heavy skills and humility. So it's not just CoD bros

To be honest, in Left 4 Dead, right after I got it I played online and a girl was playing as bill, hearing the old man talk like a school girl surprised me.

--------------------------------------

Whats new is really the question. Xbox Live is home to the douchiest of douche kids.

Aeonknight:

In that case, allow me to even the field.

Girls can be just as bad

Seriously, if you don't like CoD that's fine. But at least hate it for the right reasons than the OP's knee-jerk bullshit.

HAHAHA the British guy was hilarious, not sure who started it, but he had the best reaction to these people just keep good humor, it pisses them of more.

You know what the worst thing is with online guys... when you're getting on with a guy pretty well and you like chatting gaming and stuff. Then he says; 'Please send me a naked picture.' Okay that's a joke you think so you put 'Lol!' and then they pester you nonstop for one...

and you wonder if that's how they treat women they have known for a night or so in real life.

'Hi I'm Tom'
'Nice to meet you Tom.'
'Can I see your naked breasts now please?'

Like...wtf guys seriously. Have some perspective.

Call of Duty. Obviously only for the most mature and level-headed people...Naw, just kidding. It's fun and all. Not my kind of game, but that's because I love the obscure shit. Like Steambot Chronicles, I bet no one reading this even knows what that game is without having to look it up.

OT: Really, I don't understand all this complaining about how kids act toward girls in games. Sure it's horrible and all, but what we should be complaining about is how their parents obviously bought them a game intended for people more mature than them.

BloatedGuppy:

artanis_neravar:

Sorry mate, better safe than sorry. Your boat for Monster Island leaves tomorrow morning.

You can try to get me on that boat, good sir, you can try...

BloatedGuppy:

artanis_neravar:

Well I'm 22... you know I am okay with this. Death by Godzilla is probably one of the best ways to go out.

Ah, the mute button. What would I do without you?

But seriously, I honestly don't like talking on multiplayer for this reason. It's kind of sad when you're scared to talk to your teammates because you think they're going to harass you because of your gender. It's also one of the reason why I choose to use such a genderless username.

Most of the people I've played with haven't, but... when they do it's pretty bad :/

Fappy:

BloatedGuppy:

artanis_neravar:

Well I'm 22... you know I am okay with this. Death by Godzilla is probably one of the best ways to go out.

I'm sitting here thinking Monster Island sounds pretty awesome...

I bet it has a squidbear

nikki191:
i remember seeing a comercial on the discovery channel that had some game developer saying the future of gaming was multiplayer... i present this as evidence why hes stupid.

give people the ability to hide hehind being anonymous and their true character comes out which usually tends to be hatefilled, nasty, bigotted, harrassing and very occassionally and rarest of all. nice

That begs the question, can you be nice, but still be a troll >.> Not doing things like attacking a person over the mic, but locking them in the corner with a riot shield when the opportunity arises?

xXxJessicaxXx:

Fappy:

BloatedGuppy:

I bet it has a squidbear

That's where Bethesda hid Squidbear!? Okay now I am excited!

EDIT: I wonder if Marauder Shields is in my age range. I could really use his help capturing a Squidbear.

BloatedGuppy:

artanis_neravar:

Although now that I'm thinking about it, when you say monster island are you referring to Mole Man's base in Marvel Comics?

artanis_neravar:
Although now that I'm thinking about it, when you say monster island are you referring to Mole Man's base in Marvel Comics?

No no. It's an island full of horrible monsters. Also young males. It's a toss up which demographic is worse, so we just put them all together and let fate sort em out.

People frustrated by their failures with womenkind (or their psychological issues relating to them) have a good opportunity of taking it out on them in such a situation.
That doesn't justify them, or makes it anything other than shameful, but there's your explanation. And no, not everyone is like that.

The first one sounded like a 12 year old, would react like that if you were a guy with "butt" in your name. The 2nd one was your typical 17 year old "no0b pwn3r" that would use anything they learn about someone else in the game to make himself look funny. The third one was talking about the name before he even knew it was a girl. I got bored after that. But yea, it's a minority of guys that are like that, but on games like COD or Halo, they're gonna be all over the place, and even if they're not, there are so many guys that they're bound to pop up often enough. Just as many people go after someone if their name's stupid, they're not as good as them, or they don't sound like a typical newly-pubed male. I play Halo with my girlfriend often, and was surprised at how uncommon moments like these actually are compared to how common many people make it out to be.

Fappy:

xXxJessicaxXx:

Fappy:

I bet it has a squidbear

EDIT: I wonder if Marauder Shields is in my age range. I could really use his help capturing a Squidbear.

He's probably clearing the docks for you guys, he's awesome like that.

BloatedGuppy:
Jesus christ, those guys could be discussing philosophy and I'd still want to kill them. This is why voice chat is God's punishment for an evil world.

Really though, reprehensible. Ladies, I apologize on behalf of my appalling gender, and humbly submit that all males age 13-24 be sequestered on Monster Island.

Appalling gender my ass. Enough with the pussified horseshit. It's individuals that do this shit.

Appalling comment, more like.

I can't do much about this but a tip would be if you have thoughts like these to keep them in your head and just shut up, also grow up you stupid wankers.
*Reaction to the video*

xXxJessicaxXx:

Fappy:

xXxJessicaxXx:

I bet it has a squidbear

Well if he is being so thoughtful it will be kind of awkward when I capture him. I need to bring him back to the states to show everyone he is real and that I am not crazy!

To be honest, I'm not saying the reactions in that video are justified, but
1. Having a [Lady] tag is some pretty obvious attention grabbing. People get annoyed by that. I'd expect people to also be vocal if you had tags like [Bo$$], [Macho] or even [Sir].
2. Those reactions are treated in a vacuum. I want to know what she said before they called her a skank. And after. It's the logical thing to do before I judge.

Oh wow those guys are pathetic. I've played COD a lot and I've played with girls on it multiple times but I've never seen people react like that.

Fappy:

xXxJessicaxXx:

Fappy:

Well if he is being so thoughtful it will be kind of awkward when I capture him. I need to bring him back to the states to show everyone he is real and that I am not crazy!

Poor Shields he's always working for the wrong side D:

Freechoice:
Appalling gender my ass. Enough with the pussified horseshit. It's individuals that do this shit.

I see someone's taking themselves very seriously today. You even busted out the 5th grade curse words. I'm very sorry. My plan to send everyone to Monster Island was poorly thought out, and for this I apologize profusely.

Forlong:
Those guys obviously never touched a woman before. Whoops! Did I say that out loud?

Someone's probably beaten me to this but... no. :P

Anyway, Xbox live kids are douches? What? I was totally not aware of this news, I shall report it to the media immediately.

xXxJessicaxXx:

Fappy:

xXxJessicaxXx:

Poor Shields he's always working for the wrong side D:

He tried to save you from the horrible ending. It turns out Shepard's the villain and Marauder Shields is the hero.

And you killed him.

BloatedGuppy:

Freechoice:

I see someone's taking themselves very seriously today. You even busted out the 5th grade curse words. I'm very sorry. My plan to send everyone to Monster Island was poorly thought out, and for this I apologize profusely.

Objective complete.

Freechoice:

Objective complete.

Nice one Freechoice D: we were going to see the Squidbear and everything! *tosses fake (badly grown) moustache to the floor and storms out*

I remember that some friends and I pretended to be a girl once and used a girl's name on an online game, I believe it was css. The result was hilarious and the amount of attention you get is unbelievable.

Ahh... this is why I prefer the PC. Sure, we all go "OH MY GOD ITS A LADY!" but we're joking about it 95% of the time. There's none of this immature/harassing brony bullsh*t the TF2 nemu's servers. Long-live nemu!

Also, I hope all these men die in fires.

xXxJessicaxXx:

Freechoice:

Objective complete.

Nice one Freechoice D: we were going to see the Squidbear and everything! *tosses fake (badly grown) moustache to the floor and storms out*

Pick your mustache back up lass! WE WILL MAKE IT TO MONSTER ISLAND AND THERE IS NOTHING A SILLY GUPPY CAN DO TO STOP US! Squidbear is so close to being mine.

AND THEY SAID I WAS CRAZY! HA!

When a girl enters my lobby and talks I take it as an oddity but don't treat her any differently...unless she's beating me on the other team. I always try to stay in a comfortable 1st-3rd place in a lobby without trying too hard but for some reason they just make me want to play better. To impress them? I don't think so but I wouldn't rule it out subconsciously.

Thing that I've encountered playing COD on PC
other person: "Host leave you fucking fag"
me: "as someone who is actually bisexual, I would just like to say that I would have left, had you used some kind of polite language. Possibly a please. As is, no, I won't leave, and I'll hope against hope that this is a lesson to you."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked