Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 23 NEXT

My skype is dreiko-sama as I said above, and am still hooked on Shadowverse, but I will make an effort to stop grinding vampires and ninjas and play some bb tonight, toh!

Mori offered a drawing of Gamma-3 (Mu's older sister or something, who knows XD) so I expect them to announce a new GG or a patch for BB or even both. Maybe a couple of new games too like Xblaze which gave us the glorious Es. I don't know if I'll watch it live but I will watch it eventually, during my downtime I like analyzing matches. At a certain point it transforms from looking at players way better than you to comparing notes with a classmate so it's a different kind of experience but still fun :D.

K-sha I'm not sure I got your skype. If it is in there, it's a lot of text to go through and I do aplogize for missing it. Also which all fighting games do you play?

Oh, and is anyone else going to be getting Tekken 7? Tekken holds a special place in my heart from a child, but also just the Tekken tour last year really made me excited for Tekken again, it made me want to play.

Oh man, another SF2 version. I am actually hype, that is my favourite fighting game. I see they used the HD remix sprites, I wonder if they kept the gameplay changes, or if it is Turbo gameplay.

I have actually never owned a Street Fighter game, but everyone always talks about 2, and having that as a native game to play on the go, and the joy con controller will work as two controllets for that, so I'm a bit excited to check it out. Also, I never knew how much I wanted a game like Arms until I saw the full gameplay for it, and I have to say that I am almost sold on that one. Give me some more info and I'll get it first day.

You wouldn't wanna use the portable switch controller for fighters though, it has no D pad, only an analogue and you can't play fighters with analogues, you would wanna use the pro controller. Also apparently on their website they list blazblue among switch titles so if I get one game for portable play it'd be that lol.

i sent a request, and dont know why you didnt get it, i can pm you. as for fighting games I play; BBCF, AH3LM, Nitro+blasterz. I am thinking of trying to play revelator, or aquapazza a bit more. higher chance of xrd because no1 plays AP, which also seems to have input lag from the 1 match I played.

I might get tekken 7 but unsure. it looks like it'll be released in an odd time of year for me(complicated schedule)

Glongpre:
Oh man, another SF2 version. I am actually hype, that is my favourite fighting game. I see they used the HD remix sprites, I wonder if they kept the gameplay changes, or if it is Turbo gameplay.

It is apparently rebalanced again i.e different to HDR Remix and ST. Personally I never liked SF2 when it went super. SF2 Turbo is imo the best SF2 game but for some reason I am also excited by this announcement lol will definitely be using the old sprites though because those new visuals are ugly as sin. Even after all this time SF2T is still my favourite 2d fighter of all time I just hope it has the correct feel because I dont know what they did with the 15th anniversary version but that was messed up frame drops all over the place offline made it unplayable on PS2 for me and still bad on Xbox.

Never really got to play HDR. Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are fun additions (for ultra) but I would have loved to have seen more like Shadow lady and Mecha Zangief for instance.

Other news Baiken is announced for Revelator 2 which is an expansion pack for Revelator (not new game apparently so you can buy an upgrade or complete new disc) and she looks great. I have always liked the character but never really been that hyped for her but for some reason the way they revealed her has made me really look forward to her arrival even if I likely wont get much chance to play (as usual). A new character business ninja Answer has also been announced but he looked like one of the weaker (in visual flair) GG characters to me.

K-sha:
I might get tekken 7 but unsure. it looks like it'll be released in an odd time of year for me(complicated schedule)

I am definitely getting T7 I was quite impresed by my brief time with the game in arcades and apparently it has only improved since then. Dont think there is an actual solid release date yet just Q1 unless I am mistaken (possible).

I have heard March as rumours but nothing concrete. Their are also rumours of Dissidia arcade coming to consoles in March in Japan at least. Personally I dont buy that but it would be great if true although no Tifa would be a huge downside.

Baiken, Answer and new sequel for Xrd Revelator announced. Ps3/Ps4. You can upgrade your existing revelator copy with a dlc upgrade if you want to not buy the game again. Arcade version out in spring, console version who knows, I'd guess Autumn personally, for Japan.

update to stick selecting now that i tried another stick. it can be hard adapting even with the same gate, a lot of sticks are looser/tighter. I personally found it not too hard to do 236,623,etc moves after a few minutes. but had trouble dashing consistently.other player told me he can probably never adapt to a more arcade style sensitivity stick. thats why most people bring there own sticks to meetups/tournaments.

it still is easier to adapt to a new sensitive stick, since it took me a long time just to do moves consistently from pad to stick conversion. now if i went to an oct gate, it might take longer.

Good games were had with folks from this topic finally, looking forward to more in the future. :D

Bumping with Rev2 trailer:

Half the reason I would get SFII for the Switch would just be to have something for friendlies when me and my friends aren't doing Smash, so I wouldn't care so much with using an analog stick for fucking about. I don't think I want BBCF for my Switch because my fight stick wouldn't work for it right away, and a pro controller is expensive, and would be detrimental to my learning of the game if I get a stick anyway. Now, with modding I'm sure I could get the stick to work for the Switch, but unless I get the Madcatz TE2 I'd void my warranty doing so, and don't want to run that risk on such pricey sticks. Though I probably will get it for PC when that releases, just to support the scene for PC.

I am excited for Revelator 2 though, I actually didn't get a physical copy of it for my PS4, I'm running with a downloaded one because at the time I had no one else to play it with, so there was no reason to have a disk. Now I actually have friends to play with in person, so I'm excited to have a reason to actually get a physical disk outside of convenience.

You don't wanna get the disc for rev 2, that'd be way more expensive than just patching your rev into rev 2.

But I actually want a physical disc as is, this just gives me another reason to pick up a physical copy outside of my insanity. I initially bought it online just thinking it'd be something on the side to enjoy, rather than falling in love with the anime scene. I had already thought about doing so with just double buying Rev, now I have an excuse. Though I wonder if it will come with the DLC or not, because if it does, I haven't bought the DLC characters yet, and with Amazon prime I'd already get a discount, so I'd be looking at only paying something like ten more dollars for a physical copy with all DLC rather than paying sixty for a new physical copy, plus the DLC and then the Rev 2 upgrade cost.

Dreiko:
The thing with the capcom stuff is that if you are in the anime community, you're actually pretty isolated from it so you are not second rate status. You may have like a handful of people who also play SF come and participate and that's great of course but this environment where capcom gets first class treatment is actually fully alien to anyone in an actual scene outside of capcom. Why exactly is it even necessary to submit yourself to such a thing and spend all this money when you will be treated inferior. Just go to Japan for Arc revo or Toushinsai etc. Vegas is nice but Tokyo is better by far. I frankly just refuse to cede the ground, if just being big is all that counts then fighters are all trash compared to League of Legends or CSGO anyways lol. I am the quality over quantity type of person, an event can still be amazing and get you addicted even if it is small as long as enough impactful experiences occur at it.

Quality of quantity is something I wish more people would abide by. Honestly I would adore going to see the Arc Revolution Cup but that, and Japan in general, are sadly out of my budget even more so. Both are still something I also need to do once in my life.

klaynexas3:
But I actually want a physical disc as is, this just gives me another reason to pick up a physical copy outside of my insanity. I initially bought it online just thinking it'd be something on the side to enjoy, rather than falling in love with the anime scene. I had already thought about doing so with just double buying Rev, now I have an excuse. Though I wonder if it will come with the DLC or not, because if it does, I haven't bought the DLC characters yet, and with Amazon prime I'd already get a discount, so I'd be looking at only paying something like ten more dollars for a physical copy with all DLC rather than paying sixty for a new physical copy, plus the DLC and then the Rev 2 upgrade cost.

My instinct tells me that Rev 2 will contain all the dlc chars for the basic revelator in all versions and definitely in the disc version. All of them were completely free for a week or two anyways even if you didn't own the game so all you had to do was go on the psn and DL them. Look out so you won't miss out like that in the future.

It is, and I like that it was free to start, but I didn't get in on the game until a few months after launch, so I didn't even know about it while the characters were free

Maximum Bert:

It is apparently rebalanced again i.e different to HDR Remix and ST.

Oh geez, really. Well they probably aren't thinking it will be a tournament game anyway, so I am curious to see what they will change.

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are fun additions (for ultra) but I would have loved to have seen more like Shadow lady and Mecha Zangief for instance.

Yeah that would have been cool. Might as well go all out if you are going to add "new" characters. E.Ryu and V.Ken both look like the same characters, but I bet all they did was change the sprite colours, and add an extra hit here or there and a juggle state.

Based on a recent famitsu article, the upgrade version for Rev 2 will cost 2000 yen (roughly $20), Baiken has air guard cancels now, they have been somewhat simplified but her other moves are still there, the old chars will get tweaks and rebalances, some getting new moves like Ramlethal, also the story chapter added will be big but not as big as that of the base game.

Answer plays in a speed based rushdown style, can throw business cards like shuriken and teleport to them or hit you with a clone, he can set scrolls in the air and use them to do moves off of them like an air-stance. Lots of complex ninjaish stuff, which is exactly the kinda thing I like as a Bang player. :D

Glongpre:

Maximum Bert:

It is apparently rebalanced again i.e different to HDR Remix and ST.

Oh geez, really. Well they probably aren't thinking it will be a tournament game anyway, so I am curious to see what they will change.

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are fun additions (for ultra) but I would have loved to have seen more like Shadow lady and Mecha Zangief for instance.

Yeah that would have been cool. Might as well go all out if you are going to add "new" characters. E.Ryu and V.Ken both look like the same characters, but I bet all they did was change the sprite colours, and add an extra hit here or there and a juggle state.

I am excited to play it and hope the rumors of the Switch getting sticks is true.

Dreiko:
Based on a recent famitsu article, the upgrade version for Rev 2 will cost 2000 yen (roughly $20), Baiken has air guard cancels now, they have been somewhat simplified but her other moves are still there, the old chars will get tweaks and rebalances, some getting new moves like Ramlethal, also the story chapter added will be big but not as big as that of the base game.

Answer plays in a speed based rushdown style, can throw business cards like shuriken and teleport to them or hit you with a clone, he can set scrolls in the air and use them to do moves off of them like an air-stance. Lots of complex ninjaish stuff, which is exactly the kinda thing I like as a Bang player. :D

Being a digital upgrade on all platforms allegedly including PC is enough to for me to buy in order to support out of principal. No A.B.A makes me sad still but oh well. Also still no Bridget despite Daisuke admitting to him being the most popular character some point during the first Xrd's development. I still have yet to gain the level of attachment to Guilty Gear gameplay wise that I want so much but I am trying.

i wonder if rev 2 will be a new game or patch. if it's a new game, i hope that you can carry over virtual money/items, etc.
i don't mind either way, because even if it's a patch, you have to pay for the extra characters. So i wont mind having Baiken/dizzy for free in a new game.

K-sha:
i wonder if rev 2 will be a new game or patch. if it's a new game, i hope that you can carry over virtual money/items, etc.
i don't mind either way, because even if it's a patch, you have to pay for the extra characters. So i wont mind having Baiken/dizzy for free in a new game.

Its said to be both, like what the later versions of Street Fighter IV are. Buy full price or get the content patched in to your older game for less.

just another possible choice if someone's looking to buy a stick. I think the style looks better than the Hori Rap, Madcatz SF sticks in design imo. It seems like it's comparible quality too, with sanwa parts. though it also costs more than a RAP4.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-panthera

I fully expect Baiken and Answer to not be dlc chars but just bundled with the upgrade or disc of rev 2 like how the new story will be, if there is dlc chars, it'll be other ones like Order Sol or Testament or Robo Ky.

Rev 2 has been having a loctest since yesterday. Here's the changelist compiled until now:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S1IDtZTciRAlKxtGlEH5VUuqzMwUGTxNjz08wWXe0T8/preview

Tekken 7 finally has a launch date, and I am so excited now. It's gonna be my first Tekken game I would have owned since 4, and I didn't even really play that one much more than 3, or 2 for that matter. I'm a little disappointed it's going to be so much later in the year, but I feel I can wait.

K-sha:
just another possible choice if someone's looking to buy a stick. I think the style looks better than the Hori Rap, Madcatz SF sticks in design imo. It seems like it's comparible quality too, with sanwa parts. though it also costs more than a RAP4.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-panthera

Its pretty! But I cannot say because I have never used a Razer stick. I like my little Razer keyboard just fine though. I know last year two top Street Fighter players had an issue with their sticks malfunctioning in the same tournament. Maybe that inspired them to further up the quality but who knows?

klaynexas3:
Tekken 7 finally has a launch date, and I am so excited now. It's gonna be my first Tekken game I would have owned since 4, and I didn't even really play that one much more than 3, or 2 for that matter. I'm a little disappointed it's going to be so much later in the year, but I feel I can wait.

I played Tekken 7's arcade version a while back but lost my chance to play FR because I got DQed from demo testing because of how poorly the event was arranged. I to am very excited for the home port and need to upgrade my processor for it already.

Dreiko:
I fully expect Baiken and Answer to not be dlc chars but just bundled with the upgrade or disc of rev 2 like how the new story will be, if there is dlc chars, it'll be other ones like Order Sol or Testament or Robo Ky.

Still no A.B.A when means I hate the game still(lol, but really). Still I hope to pick up the game at some point.
I hope they will include at least four new characters as default. Then add something else as DLC.

Glongpre:

I want to play Ultra II as well.

Credible rumors about a Rev 2 demo when you digitally preorder the game have come up. It won't be too long now.

thats the only reason why i preordered digital bbcf. theres often no reason to preorder digital otherwise.

Some games may give you dlc or digital preorder bonuses etc. but yeah, the pre-load is probably the best thing you get for preordering. I think a SAO game gave you a different game as a bonus when you preordered one of the more recent ones, I remember this as the best example of a digital bonus.

https://www.generosity.com/explore?filter_title=evo#/search

So this year SRK are enabling donations for a ninth game again. This time it is for Make-A-Wish international and I support that.
I ask everyone viewing to consider donating to one of the following games. I'd prefer Skullgirls but I doubt that will happen. Still donating either way because all the money gets donated either way.

So just to post more information on Arms, just because I know Nintendo won't do a decent job explaining all of this. The game will have standard controls for a pro controller, so it won't require you to physically exert yourself to play for a while. Each character has three sets of arms to choose from, and you can have one arm be one glove with the other being a different one, so you'll have two attack types to work with if you so choose. There are five total characters shown, with speculation of more on the way, and more arenas as well, with arenas actually changing the environment to fight in, like Smash, rather than being more cosmetic. Double punching allows for grabs, and each character has a special attack, though with this looking like a game heavily based around mobility, it looks like those special attacks can leave you wide open, and you can be grabbed out of it as well.

Honestly, it looks different and fun enough that I might grab that one on its launch day.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here