Capcom has revealed an announcement trailer and June 24, 2022 release date for Capcom Fighting Collection on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Capcom Fighting Collection is a new collection of 10 classic games from the developer’s dense catalogue, including a lot of Darkstalkers games, two of which have never been available in North America till now. Even better, they will all be playable online with rollback netcode. Additionally, the collection will include a huge collection of “official art, concept art, design documents, and more than 400 music tracks,” suggesting a lot of care has been put into this compilation.
Capcom Fighting Collection List of Games
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
- Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
- Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (First official release in North America)
- Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (First official release in North America)
- Red Earth (First release outside of arcades)
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Hyper Street Fighter II
If you are already intimately familiar with a lot of these games, then you’re good to go. If not, every game except Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo has a training mode, and you can now save mid-game now, which is simultaneously sacrilegious and spectacular. Likely most people will be experiencing Red Earth for the first time, unless they caught it in the arcade decades ago. Otherwise, its characters have only made appearances in games like Capcom Fighting Evolution. In any case, if you are a fan of classic and obscure Capcom fighting games, then the June release date of Capcom Fighting Collection can’t come soon enough.
Oh, and there is also Street Fighter 6 coming.