Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 . . . 922 NEXT

PC game from 1990s or early 2000s

You are in a town where you can go to different places and help the locals. You could deliver packages, make cakes, make flags, and have a skate show where you skated spirographs. At the cake making place and the flag shop it gave you specification on what the customer wanted. When you delivered packages it gave you directions on how to get where you were going. At the skating rink you could skate whichever spirograph you wanted, you could pick the music, and you picked the color you wanted the spirograph. That's all i remember about it.

Could that have been Kinetica?[/quote]

No it's not i know about that game that's not it.Imagine a robot and instead of feet he a sphere or ball just like bb8 from star wars and you run a race againts other robotic characters no one in this game has feet only spheres

-The game has a dark atmosphere

-you farm color to give to strange women

-after some time these horrific guardians/wardens (i think thats what they were) return and you have to be cautious when giving the women the color or else youll have to fight the guardians.

Thats all i can remember, any help would be appreciated

xDeadly95:
Hi, I'm looking for an old pc game I played between 2003-2008, I don't think it was made for console. I could have found it on a games collection cd from a magazine or downloaded it online, but that wasn't a game you would find in a physical shop. Probably it was free.
It's a top-down 2d shooter, but the story should be the main focus of the game (so it makes it an action - adventure game). It should be futuristic. The main character you control is something like ball-shaped and I remember he had a weapon. There could be some change of pespective in some scenes as you go through the game, so it's not always top-down. It has 3 episodes: 1, 2 and an xmas special (less important). The second episode begins with you leaving your house and something like a meteor falls above it and destroys it.
Unfortunately I can't remember anything else, I hope to find someone who played it as me so that he should recognize it as he reads.
Thanks in advance.

Finally found it, it was "Pac-Guy".
Here's the link of a review that made me find it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/567608-the-pac-pack/reviews/57855

(this is a mobile game) i remember playing a game in 2013-2014 (not sure) about a block building game where you had to build small homes for people who you rescued from earth and had to make some kind of a small city and farm for blocks using machines or something and there was a robot which would act as your guide and you could visit other people's bases and stuff it was really good the game had a minigame where you would go to another planet(most likely earth) and there would be a small island and you had to rescue people and then bring them back later on you would have to build houses for them and stuff i really want to know the name of this game i've been searching for years and couldnt find it can someone please help me?

Brock Plock:
(this is a mobile game) i remember playing a game in 2013-2014 (not sure) about a block building game where you had to build small homes for people who you rescued from earth and had to make some kind of a small city and farm for blocks using machines or something and there was a robot which would act as your guide and you could visit other people's bases and stuff it was really good the game had a minigame where you would go to another planet(most likely earth) and there would be a small island and you had to rescue people and then bring them back later on you would have to build houses for them and stuff i really want to know the name of this game i've been searching for years and couldnt find it can someone please help me?

also should have mentioned that you had to control a character it wasnt like simcity or something where you didnt have a character, to place and break block the character had some sort of a gun (alot like gravity gun from other games) it used that to break and place block

hi I'm looking for the name of an old online pc game where you could go fight people as a team or free for all and there was a little caster guy and a warrior and ranger and rogue. those were the classes. the graphics are kinda bad like playstation one graphics or something, and I thought it was called ragnarok but that is a different online game and I cant find it lol.also you could do single or coops missions that helped you level up as well.

Hope someone can help with my pretty vague memories of a racing game I played when I was younger. It may have been an OG Xbox or even Dreamcast game, I can't really remember just how far back ago this was!

I remember it had a pit-like area with a garage that you selected/upgraded your car from.

I know it had a red Dodge Viper that was awesome, it could easily win every drag race. I know it had drag racing obviously, but I think there was some circuit racing too.

I also know there was a cheat of some sort where if you did something (button combo I believe) on a certain day of the year it unlocked a nitro upgrade for your car.

That's about all I can remember, hope someone remembers it!

Foreword: Just in case you, dear reader, know any of those games below, I'd be most grateful if you'd send me a private message, instead (or in addition to) replying in this thread. The reason is: I simply don't visit this thread very often and your reply could get buried somewhere within 40 new pages I won't have time to go through. Thank you.

Now to the meat: I'm looking for 2 games I've played at my friend's PC long, long time ago (almost 20 years ago).

GAME Nr. ONE:

- The game was definitely released in late 90' or very early 2000'.
- It was isometric, somewhat "point'n'click adventure" game mixed with RPG.
- Player could choose 1 of 4 characters to play with. There was a man, a woman, some kind of a beast-man (all I can remember about him is that when selected, he'd say "Igor... MAD!" or something) and either a short dude in duck-like helmet or actually a duck-man (it was too long ago for me to actually remember).
- 1st stage was in prison. The player escaped their cell by getting a key from a bread loaf. Later they had to talk to some guy that helped remove a slave collar they have been wearing.
- 2nd stage was in some docks. I vaguely remember the player had to buy a beer at a tavern for some drunk guy in exchange for something (I don't recall what it was... either a key or a potion).
- 3rd stage was on a ship full of zombies. I remember a moment in which the player had to use an invisibility potion in the right time to pass through a zombie-crowded area of the ship.

------------------------------------------------

GAME Nr. TWO:

First of all: Due to the game being about toys, let me say what I'm NOT looking for:
1) Toy Story based games.
2) Army-men (the lil' plastic soldiers) games.

Now to what I do remember about the game:

- 3rd person perspective. Perhaps there was an option to switch to 1st person, but unsure.
- The game was about toys, most/all of which were animal-like in shape, although many were bipedal.
- The toys have used guns to shoot each other.
- The game was happening in a living room (huge from the player's perspective, as you were playing as a tiny toy).
- The games mechanics revolved around switching characters by picking up special tokens with the character icon/portrait. Each character had an unique ability, for example a Cat could climb furniture and a Dragon could glide by pressing jump button repeatedly.
- As far as my friend told me, this game came pre-installed when he got his computer (Windows, probably 98 or 2000).

Thank you all in advance, and just as a reminder: I'd be grateful for sending me a PM if you know any of those games. Otherwise I might miss your answer.

Hello, help me it's been months that I'm looking for this game, I had played in a library when I was very small and I dream to play again after more than 20 years.

Release date: Between 1995 and 2000
Platform: Windows / PC
Type: Educational, cartoon
Purpose of the game: The game was happening in an island with a volcano, we had a view of the top of the island, there was a giant foot on the volcano and you had to reach the volcano to kill him (this is the final boss what). But for that it was necessary to make games / enigmas around the island to unlock the access to the volcano.

Thank you in advance !

(sorry for my english, I use a translator)

Hallo! I really need help in finding a game. I think it was during 90s and war-wind period. Was a strategy game/ turn base that was in medieval period. There are man lands separated by borders and u have one kingdom. When u skip turn a craven moves from town to town and u can sell/ buy weapons. You can shift the population around from farmers to workers to soldiers and to give birth, and when u increase taxes to much the peoples icons turn black cause they are mad. You send troops out like settelers but when they fight u enter in to a battle field where u can arm then and make control them like a real time strategy game.

Hi guys

Can you help me to find the name of an old ps1 game.

All I remember is that you are the pilote of a war machine and you have to aim with your weapon, each side of your machine you have a squad of infantry, if I remember well, it is a turn based combat, you target enemy robot or the infantry on each side and you must aim to your target.

let me know if you find what is the name pls :)

Hey can anyone help me find a old game i vaguely remember? Thanks! Here are some details about it:

-Its a kid game
-you are a tiny ninja in a giant kitchen
-you have to save your friends
-each ninja has a special ability (I.e i think either the blue or purple have tentacles for climbing)
-Its a puzzle platformer so you have to escape the kitchen unharmed
- Also it is a google chrome game

That is all i can specifically remember so thanks if you can find it!

Hi I hope some can help me

In the 90s we got a PC and I had a game and I think you was a yellow space ship and you was in a PC killing computer viruses.

I think the levels are laid out like a computer motherboard and you had to find the virus in like a puzzle map and shoot them, you could see all the motherboard chips and wires on the level.

Hey, I created a profile after finding this thread. Over the years, I've tried to figure out the name of a game I played for a bit while I was deployed and have zero clue as to what it is now. I can say, it is not Avencast: Rise of the Mage and I'm pretty sure it isn't Nox. I mention those as my searches always bring me across them. I think the title or the tag line had something about the birth or magic or return of magic or something like that.

The game is an RPG, I'd guess mid-2000s is when the game was made, based on graphics. It was an 3rd person action / rpg. I recall my character starting out in a magic school that was attacked (I think... not 100% positive on the story).

The main thing I recall about the game is as you used spells, it would physically alter your character. I used quite a bit of poison spells and developed this weird bug like legs that replaced my normal human legs. I think my head changed based on my use of blood magic or something. Each change would help to further enhance that type of magic.

Other than that, I'm really clueless on details, I played the game back in like 2009/2010 and I'm not sure when the game came out. If someone can finally solve this mystery for me, I'd be forever grateful.

Hi, I need some help.

I played a lot of Sega Genesis when I was a kid - so I'm pretty sure this is a Genesis game, but no matter how much I go through the countless titles google has given me, I can't seem to find it.
I think it was an RPG - but I really can't recall anything about the game mechanics except that it was turn-based.
You control a group of friends (classmates? I think it was two boys and one girl) going off to some sort of magical quest. The game begins with one of the characters waking up at home, I think he lives in a house in some sort of small village? The colours in the game are pretty bright and neon, I remember a lot of green.
There is one detail I am a hundred percent sure about: the loading screen/menu depicted an old witch, wearing all purple, stirring a kettle.

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of information, but if anyone can help me, I'd be so grateful. This has been driving me crazy for years.

Adam Deamer:
Hi I hope some can help me

In the 90s we got a PC and I had a game and I think you was a yellow space ship and you was in a PC killing computer viruses.

I think the levels are laid out like a computer motherboard and you had to find the virus in like a puzzle map and shoot them, you could see all the motherboard chips and wires on the level.

Is it Operation: Inner Space?

Charles Parker:
Hey, I created a profile after finding this thread. Over the years, I've tried to figure out the name of a game I played for a bit while I was deployed and have zero clue as to what it is now. I can say, it is not Avencast: Rise of the Mage and I'm pretty sure it isn't Nox. I mention those as my searches always bring me across them. I think the title or the tag line had something about the birth or magic or return of magic or something like that.

The game is an RPG, I'd guess mid-2000s is when the game was made, based on graphics. It was an 3rd person action / rpg. I recall my character starting out in a magic school that was attacked (I think... not 100% positive on the story).

The main thing I recall about the game is as you used spells, it would physically alter your character. I used quite a bit of poison spells and developed this weird bug like legs that replaced my normal human legs. I think my head changed based on my use of blood magic or something. Each change would help to further enhance that type of magic.

Other than that, I'm really clueless on details, I played the game back in like 2009/2010 and I'm not sure when the game came out. If someone can finally solve this mystery for me, I'd be forever grateful.

Holy cow, i finally figured it out. Searching Google for "poison magic blood magic school mutate arm video game" finally created a search that included an image of the game cover for "Dawn of Magic."

The game had 12 schools of magic (8 spells per school), as you used the spells, your body would morph.

Hi all fellow gamers. I just created this account because it's been bugging me for most of my adult life that I can't remember the name of this specific NES game especially since it was so difficult to me and I never finished it. I remember that you played as a white ghost wearing glasses and you went about collecting fruit if I remember correctly and I think after you've collected enough fruit or perhaps a special item then you are able to fly for a limited time. I remember that I used that flight to fly over most of the tough stages I encountered to finish very difficult levels. I am sorry that I don't have more details than that but any help would greatly be appreciated so I can finally go back and beat this thing.

Hey guys, there is an old horror game that my step dad used to play when I was a kid that i've never been able to find since. Sorry for the vague details, but it was a horror game on the PS2 I believe, the main character was a girl and the setting was a mansion. I believe there were zombies in the game, I somewhat remember her walking down a hallway, and a zombie like thing came out of a little indent/hiding space in the hall. But I know there was either a strong boss or an enemy early on that could only be seen when it's picture was taken. For example, you could look through the camera but not see it, it would only show on the picture taken. I don't believe the game was fatal frame, and I know it wasn't resident evil. Any suggestions?

Hi there. A few years ago I watched some videos about a game. I can't think of the console, but I think it may have been an early access game, so maybe PC. It seemed modern for the time (appr. 2014). It was a first person exploration puzzle game. It took place in an old, broken down building of some form, probably a kind of mansion. The floor had some large gaps, and you had to traverse the room and solve the puzzles by creating pockets of space where time was moved back to a point where the building was in a good state of repair, so the floor would exist again in that sphere. Whenever you placed a new sphere, the old one disappeared. I don't remember any enemies, You just had to make your way through each room. Any idea?

UPDATE: Me and my brothers (who both knew exactly what game I was talking about immediately, but also didn't know the name) were able to remember that it was a Yogscast video I saw, and the game is called Void.

Can someone help me? I used to play this game when I was younger it must have been around 2005 to 2007 you pretty much fly in a plane and you"re on a turret and you shoot down at soldiers and the camera is black and white with a little noise affect. id love to know the name

Can someone help me? I used to play this game when I was younger it must have been around 2005 to 2007 you pretty much fly in a plane and you"re on a turret and you shoot down at soldiers and the camera is black and white with a little noise affect. id love to know the name

jerrodq2:
Hey guys, there is an old horror game that my step dad used to play when I was a kid that i've never been able to find since. Sorry for the vague details, but it was a horror game on the PS2 I believe, the main character was a girl and the setting was a mansion. I believe there were zombies in the game, I somewhat remember her walking down a hallway, and a zombie like thing came out of a little indent/hiding space in the hall. But I know there was either a strong boss or an enemy early on that could only be seen when it's picture was taken. For example, you could look through the camera but not see it, it would only show on the picture taken. I don't believe the game was fatal frame, and I know it wasn't resident evil. Any suggestions?

If it wasn't Fatal Frame, then it's probably Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. There just aren't that many PS2 games with magic cameras in them... that and Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly doesn't take place in a mansion.

Hey y'all as the title says I can't remember this one game I used to play on the ps2
It has final fantasy like elements to it, turn based battle elements, rpg. Linear gameplay for the most part
What I mean by that is that you can't really explore just a straight path pretty much
The beginning starts off with you near a damaged mech(launched from space?) U reach the end of the map, chapter?
After countless "random" encounters. Then u come across this boss. You have a party of 2 and try to take him down
There was some strategy involved like being able to place on of ur units behind him and whatnot. I believe this was the intro part
Another chapter u got like a mechanized boss and play as a different 3 unit team
U got lvling up system with ap for skills and all that good stuff
God this game brings memories
Please helpe

Gamerhoe:
Hey y'all as the title says I can't remember this one game I used to play on the ps2
It has final fantasy like elements to it, turn based battle elements, rpg. Linear gameplay for the most part
What I mean by that is that you can't really explore just a straight path pretty much
The beginning starts off with you near a damaged mech(launched from space?) U reach the end of the map, chapter?
After countless "random" encounters. Then u come across this boss. You have a party of 2 and try to take him down
There was some strategy involved like being able to place on of ur units behind him and whatnot. I believe this was the intro part
Another chapter u got like a mechanized boss and play as a different 3 unit team
U got lvling up system with ap for skills and all that good stuff
God this game brings memories
Please helpe

Probably either one of the Xenogears / Xenosaga games or possibly Breath of Fire: Dragon Quater (which wildly departed from normal BoF games by having almost no magic and instead using AP).

RelativityMan:

dreameater2579:
Pls help

Looking for a game with the following characteristics:

1) Its a GBA game (I played it on an emulator)
2) stage fight/vs./1-on-1 combat whatever you call it
3) fights are with transforming mecha
4) its in jp. don't know if its been translated
5) 1 char. was a girl with a wolf mecha that had a forehead laser which turned into a laser rifle when transformed

Could it have been Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Assault?

I'm not sure I don't think Gundams have animal transformations. I could be wrong.

Hey all,

I've been scouring these posts for over a week now trying to find a specific game.
I've tried googling, asking friends and still no avail. I'm hoping some random guy from the internet now will help me.

It's very bare bones what I remember (But it was like 15 - 20 years ago).

The game was for PS1/Xbox/PS2.

It was a racing car game, but set in what I can only think of as an industrial era, and you raced against other cars.
The cars had unique weapons to them, and the characters might also be unique.
I don't know but there was also 'boss' levels where you would race against a boss car that was much better and faster, and had good weapons, giving a good challenge.

I can't think of any specific scenes or anything, but it gives me the impression of a futuristic industrial game. The vehicles were mostly futuristic that 'hovered' and had what looks like jet engines.

Hope helps anyone who can help me.

Thanks!

Sholofly:
Hi, i'm looking for an old DOS game from the eighties. It's about a grid you have toch pass all the lines of,square by square, without getting caught by An other 'line running' dot.

When you've completed a square it's filled. After filling all squares of the grid, the next level was a more densed grid. With a faster chasing dot.

In my memory , the graphics were very simple. Just lines andere two different sized dots.

On the commodore 64 the game was called Super gridder. But im sure i've played on a 386 PC. Anyone?

Resolved: The game is called Gapper

Okey so I need a pc racing game from 2000s era its birdview game like reckless racing (android) and you have some pickups for shooting and other things like that. The tracks are something like around mountain, with volcano and some desert egypt thing as far as I can remember. The logo/icon is some red face I believe like transformers and I think name starts with an M.

This one is just killing me. All i remember it was supposed to be educational, we played it on PC in school, sometime around the last 90's to maybe 2000. I remember it being represented in first person but i dont think you really moved, it was more point and click. And really all i know is that it was about running a business that for some reason i think was a paper factory or something? Like a very simplistic business/resource management simulator that 10-13 year olds could understand. No map or overworld that I remember, just pretty much moving around this office building.

pileboy2704:
Okey so I need a pc racing game from 2000s era its birdview game like reckless racing (android) and you have some pickups for shooting and other things like that. The tracks are something like around mountain, with volcano and some desert egypt thing as far as I can remember. The logo/icon is some red face I believe like transformers and I think name starts with an M.

Carmageddon?

Hello guys

I need ur help !
There was a game in ps2 or 1
it's an adventure game the character wears green and every now and then he stopped to drink water from little fountains in the jungle
sorry but that's all i can remember if u know anything about it please do tell
thanks

Okay so I remember playing an rpg game where you started off as a younger kid and the town you start off in is next to a coastline with a beach, and has a huge wall around it to protect the town from the monsters outside. I remember after you go out of the town you go to some ruins and some of the monsters are skeletons. Can anybody figure this out because I remember the atmosphere of the game being amazing but cannot remember what it is. If it helps, I think it was for Dreamcast or ps1. But if not I know it is an older game like that.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 . . . 922 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here