Deep within Bloodborne’s random dungeons, it’s possible to uncover a very unique Easter egg item that’s all about Yharnam’s sacred ritual of wedlock.
Yes, you can get married in Bloodborne — or more accurately, you can try and fail miserably. Hunters just can’t catch a break, even in love. Keep reading to learn about the rare “Ring of Betrothal” with info on how it’s used, and where to get it for yourself.
Tracking down trinkets is hard enough, but doing it without a proper weapon is even worse. Find every transforming Hunter sword, axe or spear with our Bloodborne: Trick Weapons Locations Guide, or collect a complete arsenal with tips on the Bloodborne: Firearms Locations Guide.
Ring of Betrothal Easter Egg
Work-In-Progress: This key item is pretty mysterious. If we find other uses, we’ll list them here.
Deep within the final chalice dungeons, certain optional chests will rarely open to reveal a unique ring. This isn’t the kind of ring you wear, it doesn’t have any bonuses — instead, you give it away.
The “Ring of Betrothal” is a wedding ring the Hunter can offer to NPCs for a special dialogue sequence.
Check the ring in your inventory, it has the following description text. The ring, like other optional items without an obvious use, in the “Key Items” tab.
- The inhuman beings known as the Great Ones imbued this Ring of Betrothal with some special meaning. In the age of the Great Ones, wedlock was a blood contract, only permitted to those slated to bear a special child.
Where to Use the Ring of Betrothal
Notably it can be offered to Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods in Cainhurst Castle. When speaking with Annalise while the ring in your inventory, a new dialogue option will appear on the list.
Bow to speak with Annalise, and offer the ring with the “Propose Marriage” option to hear some unique dialogue.
- “Speak not, those words. We have little need of consort. Such a path would belike lead to further ruin. Thou’rt dear to Us. We would see not harm befall thee…”
Try it again, and Annalise will continue to talk.
- “Aah, still thy honeyed tongue… The thought alone sufficeth. Thy worth is too great. Now, speak no more on the matter.”
Go for a third time, and she starts to lose her patience.
- “[Laughs] Honestly!”
She turns the Hunter down, even after going to all the work to find her and join her covenant. But, she is a Queen and you are just a Hunter, it’d probably never work out.
Want to learn how to reach Cainhurst Castle? Check out the Bloodborne: Optional Locations Guide.
If you can make it to Cainhurst’s boss, just equip his unique crown to reveal her chambers in the arena. Just don’t forget to bow before the Queen to speak to her.
How to Find the Ring of Betrothal
The Ring of Betrothal is an extremely rare drop found in Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice Dungeons.
- To get this chalice, you’ll need to reach the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and defeat the Bloodletting Beast on the 2nd Layer.
For more dungeon information, including how to gather the materials required for the rituals, browse through the Bloodborne: Great Ihyll Pthumeru Chalice Guide.
- Input the glyph “4u6bqi97” and use a Fetid Offering when completing the Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice Ritual.
- The Ring of Betrothal is located in the Layer 1 optional area through the first door on your right.
We’re still learning how to use the Ring of Betrothal! If you’ve found any other NPCs with unique dialogue, let us know!
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.