In what situation is it socially acceptable for a 20 year old to date a teenager?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

When the teenager is 19.

i like how all the comments are about guys dating younger girls and not the other way around.

I knew a girl who at 18 dated a 15 year old boy. No one bat an eye. Hell people were High fiving the dude. Fuck you double standards.

Lufia Erim:
i like how all the comments are about guys dating younger girls and not the other way around.

I knew a girl who at 18 dated a 15 year old boy. No one bat an eye. Hell people were High fiving the dude. Fuck you double standards.

I would high five the 18-yo dude in a reverse situation also. Though maybe I'd be too envious to.

Lufia Erim:

In my first post I wrote how my mum is 6 years older than my dad.

Out of interest, does anyone know where the 1/2 plus 7 thing started?

Also, does that apply just to relationships, or, say, what celebs you crush on?

Age of consent here is 16, as long as consent is given with both parties I don't see a reason why not.

When they are 18 or above.

Maybe 17 at an absolute push.

Friend of mine who was 22/23 kept on dating girls who were 16/17. It was super weird, especially seeing as he kept on hitting on the customers, and he works with kids.

His current girlfriend looks like she is about 18 now, so at least that is an improvement.

Legally, it depends on the State laws about legal adulthood age. Socially, only if you get castrated afterwards; you creep!

Personally, PERSONALLY, I'd say I wouldn't be too weirded out if the teen is 17ish maybe, possibly add or take a year depending of additional circumstances.

That being said, something most responses seem to ignore is, social mores depend very much on the society in question and how the Escapist forumgoers feel about the issue is largely irrelevant to how OP's social circle will take it. This is the wrong place to ask this question, not because we're ignorant, trolls or anything like that, but simply because our opinion in general doesn't mean jack shit.

Either way, good luck OP, I'm assuming you ask because you care, so I hope it all works out fine one way or the other.

I remember when I turned twenty. I was instantly transformed into the mental and spiritual giant I am today. Needless to say, the power differential to the me of the previous day was literally immeasurable.

Yeah... what I'm going to recommend is abiding by the laws of your locality when it comes to matters of intimacy. Beyond that, if we're going to be redefining the boundaries of maturity, we should immediately do something about all the 18-year olds out there running around meddling in adult affairs like voting and war.

You'll have to define what a teenager means to you man. If you're 20, Nothing under 16 for sure and even that's pushing it a little I feel.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here