Escapism Melbourne 2010, details!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:
You could make some extra admirers out of cardboard tubes and crete paper.

Or I could credit my electric guitar and violin with personalities lol.

I dunno about creditting a violin with a personality... it's a bit too close to creditting midgets with souls for my comfort.

RhomCo:
I dunno about creditting a violin with a personality... it's a bit too close to creditting midgets with souls for my comfort.

Eh. It happens. I credit everything with a soul... although admittedly it is just the ONE soul I'm normally crediting everything with...

12TH of June eh?

I'll be there.

-Doughboy

Jack and Calumon:
I hate being in England, and a minor, and lazy.

Calumon: Could be worse. You could be fat!

Jack: I'm fairly sure the only Reason I'm not fat is because I play with you so much.

Calumon: ^^

You can always come to Escapism UK 2010. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind you taking a trip to london to meet a bunch of people you met online. Just tell them we promised you sweets and a trip to the arcade. They'll HAVE to let you go. You can bring Calumon too.

I'm amazed how many of these get-togethers are going on. What a wonderful community we have.

Escapism UK FTW!

We have t-shirts and Badges.

Ah... I remember last year's Escapism 09 like it was 18 hours ago (Usually any more hours and my memory get's REALLY fuzzy)

In that day I managed to:
1. Abandon my cousin at Ashfield train station because some guy said "You going to Townhall" and I am like "Um,,, yes?" and took me on an express train.

2. Beat up an unaffiliated little kid for spawn camping in a game of Lazer Tag...

3. Preform a rage gutterball in bowling, by throwing my ball down the isle while it was another Escapian's turn.
And last but not least (Well, your milage may vary)

4. Steal a Victorian Escapian's News Paper.

In retrospect I came off as a bit of a jerk.

Doughboy0:
12TH of June eh?

I'll be there.

-Doughboy

Hooray! More people!

I think we are on track to beating Sydney. Excellent.

1 month. Get your skates ready, kids.

Also, I used my psychic powers, and I can tell you that it will be cold.

Ahhh, pity this isn't a week later. We could've gone to see Alestorm!

I'd love to go, but the trip is too much of a pain in the ass. I don't have a license, so I'm not walking from the Hunter Valley to Melbourne, thanks.

So I just found out that I'll be in Melbourne from the 4th to about the 8th of July.

I totally want to meet people down there. Var and I will be catching up on at least one of the days. I don't know, a second Escapism maybe? I mean, can you people possibly imagine the sheer amount of awesome that would occur with Var and I in the same place?

This shit needs to happen.

D: You're inviting other people to our secret sexy meetup?
I guess they can come, but i'm keeping my pants on.

On a more serious note, I can't make the 12th's meetup, but early July is clear for me. Two meetups could be cool, I guess it depends on who can make it to either.

Labyrinth:
So I just found out that I'll be in Melbourne from the 4th to about the 8th of July.

I totally want to meet people down there. Var and I will be catching up on at least one of the days. I don't know, a second Escapism maybe? I mean, can you people possibly imagine the sheer amount of awesome that would occur with Var and I in the same place?

This shit needs to happen.

I agree. I shall discuss it with those awesome few who make it on the 12th. I should be free at least.

Varchld:

On a more serious note, I can't make the 16th's meetup, but early July is clear for me. Two meetups could be cool, I guess it depends on who can make it to either.

But varrrr.. you know how much I adore seeing you trail around in the cold stark naked.

ottenni:
I agree. I shall discuss it with those awesome few who make it on the 12th. I should be free at least.

Excellent! And make sure Marq comes, the metal bastard.

Labyrinth:

ottenni:

Excellent! And make sure Marq comes, the metal bastard.

It shall be done.

And hooray for community!

Okay. So I'm free from the 5th (monday) to the 7th (Wednesday) of July.

Pick a day people.

Labyrinth:

Pick a day people.

We shall discuss it next weekend whilst having a blast

Well I know that I'll be heading to Melbourne in a little over three weeks, oh well, seems I'll miss it. Even if I could go earlier I'd find it hard to find time to myself and I doubt my folks would be a-okay with having me spend the day with a bunch of guys I know on the internet.

And y'know what, even if it was in Sydney and I had the time on my hands would ye fellow Auscapists really want a 14 year old Red Dwarf fan cramping your style in doing...whatever escapism entails?

Elle-Jai:

madbird-valiant:
In in Adelaide and although I could probably drive to Melbourne on one tank of gas, I dunno whether I can be bothered. Also, it's Victoria, so... :P

Oi! That's "the beautiful, wonderous, fantastic, delightful and perfect State of Victoria" to you, pal :P

victoria the place to be, melbourne: one of the best if not the best city in australia!!

why woudnt you wnat to use a tank of petrol??

i think i shall be attending!

looking forward to it

RhomCo:

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:
I didn't mind Crackenham... being born and bred a Salisbury boy, it reminded of where I grew up. Especially all the mullets.

I continue to deny that is anywhere in Melbourne's outskirts. An ex of mine came from there too. Another valid reason to pretend it doesn't exist...

Okay... you can deny that place but then I'll just have to use Frankston as my example of Victoria's imperfection.

Eww Frankston...if it wasn't for my fiancee's family living in Langwarrin I wouldn't have to see that place for 2 weeks every year -_-

Anyway, I'm a Brissy girl and not there again until October.

Oh I am so there I live like an hour away from Melbourne....but which EB games do you mean?, the one on Elizabeth street or the one on swanston street.?

terribleyetfun:
Oh I am so there I live like an hour away from Melbourne....but which EB games do you mean?, the one on Elizabeth street or the one on swanston street.?

The one in Melbourne Central.

Escapist 5th Anniversary Photo Mosaic

Whatever else you do that day, you MUST submit something to this. Make it epic.

Labyrinth:
Escapist 5th Anniversary Photo Mosaic

Whatever else you do that day, you MUST submit something to this. Make it epic.

It shall be done!

Now where did i put that camera...

thenumberthirteen:

Jack and Calumon:

Jack: I'm fairly sure the only Reason I'm not fat is because I play with you so much.

You can always come to Escapism UK 2010. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind you taking a trip to london to meet a bunch of people you met online. Just tell them we promised you sweets and a trip to the arcade. They'll HAVE to let you go. You can bring Calumon too.

I'm amazed how many of these get-togethers are going on. What a wonderful community we have.

Escapism UK FTW!

why wasn't I invited ? do I smell or something? DO I?

Elle-Jai:

Another ex, another town.... Still in denial. Although at least that's near the Mornington Peninsula, a most delightful and frolicsome location :)

Varchld:

Labyrinth:

But varrrr.. you know how much I adore seeing you trail around in the cold stark naked.

I'm seeing a definite patten in you Aussie's, frolicking, nakedness....

Damn I wish I was in Oz.

ColdStorage:

thenumberthirteen:

Jack and Calumon:

Escapism UK FTW!

why wasn't I invited ? do I smell or something? DO I?

You're still welcome to come.

I would come, because I love all things Escapist, but I kinda live 5,000 miles away.

Sorry?

Bumping for visibility.

Vrex360:
Sounds kinda cool, unfortunatley I live in Perth so I'm about a thousand miles away.... still to all those in East Australia who can go I hope you have a good time.

Bah, Perth is fuckin' tops anyway.
Actually no it isn't :( If there was a Perth escapism there would be sweet shit all to do.

Is the Melbourne meet-up this weekend? I usually go away long weekend so it is a bit of a bummer on the timing.

Programmed_For_Damage:
Is the Melbourne meet-up this weekend? I usually go away long weekend so it is a bit of a bummer on the timing.

Yes it is. Don't stress if you cant make it, it is a bit late now. Anyway chances are it will happen again.

OMG THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!! Who's excited to be meeting at EB at 11am?? Still sending my apologies, I didn't have time to order the paper bag I'd need to show up :D

Elle

Labyrinth:

Pick a day people.

We had a talk and it seems right now all 3 days are free so it's up to you to figure out which you want, then me and nick will work it round that

BlueberryFalacy:
We had a talk and it seems right now all 3 days are free so it's up to you to figure out which you want, then me and nick will work it round that

Monday then. I had a chat with Var, he's also cool with this. Where shall we meet and what time?

Edit: Where are the damn pictures from yesterday?

Labyrinth:

BlueberryFalacy:

Monday then. I had a chat with Var, he's also cool with this. Where shall we meet and what time?

Edit: Where are the damn pictures from yesterday?

Para has them but i need to clean them up a bit and i'll iron out the final details with nick

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked