70.9% (195)
70.9% (195)
No
28.7% (79)
28.7% (79)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Do you have a phobia?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Seaweed, If it touches my foot I suddenly can swim better than michael phelps to get back to shore.

neil1990:
Triskaidekaphobia, look it up. It's pretty interesting

Fear of the number 13? I know that without having to look it up, sadly enough. I found myself on a website boasting a list of phobias on it once, it's a word you don't forget too easily.

I hear this is quite common in some Asian countries, along with the number 4. They go so far as to re-number floors in appartment buildings so that floors 13 and 4 are missed out. In China the number "four" is pronounced similarly to their word for "death" which is where that particular superstition comes from. That's what you get for playing too much Silent Hill.

OT: I can't deal with insects, spiders, heights, needles or cutting of skin and I really don't like flying in an aeroplane. But I wouldn't call any of them phobias because I don't display the typical symptoms of a bonafide phobia. I overreact and I'll do anything to remove myself from the situation, but it's not severe enough to be classed as a phobia. I'm just a wimp!

Elementary - Dear Watson:
Needles... Needles and syringes!!! Definately the most horrifying scenes in bioshock is watching him stab himself in the forearms! Truely scary stuff!

then you will love my tattoo

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/e579426026f70d8be7c83ed570ba6db8/l.jpg

it's a syringe that was put there with a needle :P

Fucking spiders, man. All of the spiders near where I live are totally harmless, but I swear to god I refuse to go into a room with one in it without some sort of long object to smash them with. I slept with a long bread knife under my pillow for a few weeks after seeing literally two (admittedly quite large) spiders in my room. I swear I would probably go insane if I had to sit in a room with a spider on each wall.

Spiders, motherfucking spiders.

I have a fear of deep water, specifically the ocean. I'm fine in swimming pools, and in shallow water, but put me in a large body of water where I can't see the bottom and I get the creeps.

On a related note, I'm utterly terrified of shipwrecks. Just looking at one gives me chills.

Liquidacid23:

Needles... Needles and syringes!!! Definately the most horrifying scenes in bioshock is watching him stab himself in the forearms! Truely scary stuff!

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/e579426026f70d8be7c83ed570ba6db8/l.jpg

That's pretty sweet... freaks me out a bit to look at it though! :P

I forgot to add before that the phobia of needles in not so much the needle itself, but the fact that it enters the body! I hate the thought of anything that shouldn't be in the body being in there! Splinters stress me out, and the thought of ant kind of transplant makes my skin crawl... I will also kill any wasp that comes near me, little bastards! The worst one though is needles... they don't just enter the body, they leave something in there too!

Liquidacid23:

That's pretty sweet... freaks me out a bit to look at it though! :P

I forgot to add before that the phobia of needles in not so much the needle itself, but the fact that it enters the body! I hate the thought of anything that shouldn't be in the body being in there! Splinters stress me out, and the thought of ant kind of transplant makes my skin crawl... I will also kill any wasp that comes near me, little bastards! The worst one though is needles... they don't just enter the body, they leave something in there too!

so what about piercings then...

I've got a pretty bad fear of heights. Even standing on a chair is uncomfortable.

I have a few ones here and there. I get really grossed out by wet paper which is my weirdest one and spiders scare me once they get a little large but that's a common fear

Fear of crowds. I just never feel safe surrounded by people

TheTim:
I have severe arachniphobia, i can't be anywhere near them or i flip out.

God i hate spiders.

This is my answer

Spiders are the Bane of my existance

Liquidacid23:

Some everyday things I can live with, mostly by not looking into them too much and coming up with my own ides...

The initial peircing scares the hell out of me, but then the area around the piercing heals, so eventially the earring isn't actually in the body as such, there is now just a hole in the ear it goes through... its different say to someone sticking the earring into their ear, without it exiting, and then just leaving it there! That I don't like at all!! :(

Like all the kids who used to stick staples in their arm at school because they thought it was cool! It wasn't! That is just horrid to me! It hardly goes in, and doesn't do damage, but it WAS in the arm!

I had a spliner in the palm of my hand once that I couldn't get out... it was too deep, and you couldn't even see which end it had gone in! It bothered me and bothered me, but all I ended up doing was pushing it in further... eventually I got a sharp knife, and sliced along side it, creating an opening on my hand that I could get it out of! Left a nasty scar, but I was instantly releived! It had got to the point where all I could think about was this thing in my hand, and it becoming infected, or somehow fusing with my body and becoming permanent...!

no i dont think so, i dont like train or heights but thats many do to the danger that is associated with them and i can easly get over it. so no i dont.

Liquidacid23:

Like all the kids who used to stick staples in their arm at school because they thought it was cool! It wasn't! That is just horrid to me! It hardly goes in, and doesn't do damage, but it WAS in the arm!

that tattoo in the pic was done pick'n'poke.. that means no gun I put a staple in the end of a pen and stabbed myself leaving one tiny dot of ink at a time for hours :)

I have a phobia of being on something man made, but it's metal [like a bridge].

So i can be in a house or something concrete just fine. Except parking garages. Those also scare me.

As i'm getting older heights are scaring me more and more as well.

Liquidacid23:

that tattoo in the pic was done pick'n'poke.. that means no gun I put a staple in the end of a pen and stabbed myself leaving one tiny dot of ink at a time for hours :)

Then I hope you realise the way in which I am justified in calling you a freak, good sir! :P

Fair play to you though, I doubt many people without the phobia I have couldn't even do that!!

I don't know if it's a form of claustrophobia, but I don't like being in very crowded areas (like a concert) and be smack dead in the middle. But it's not like I'm afraid of going into elevators and airplanes. Also, I have a paticular fear and hate (probably because it happend to me more then once that they tried to use my leg as their new chewing toy) of dogs.

I have had an irrational fear of volcanos ever since I saw one of those videos in elementary school. Other than that just minor claustrophobia.

I have a fear of being touched, parasites, and pregnancy, though I feel like the parasites and pregnancy goes hand in hand. Fear of things living inside other things.

Well, phobias are irrational, and no matter what my therapist tells me, fearing big groups of humans is totally rational. They can just turn into a mob anytime and gang up on you anytime.

Yeah, I don't particularly like stairs, mainly in towers or castle like places. I've got stuck a fair few places because of the stairs.

I really hate spiders. I still squish them, because my wife would never let me hear the end of it. It usually involves a giant wad of toilet paper and a lot of screaming.

Saladfork:
I saw a topic on irrational fears awhile back and I started wondering how prevalent that kind of thing was.

Note that by 'No', I don't mean 'I am not afraid of anything', just that 'I am not afraid of anything that can't actually cause me serious harm'. Being afraid of bees if you're allergic, for example, is completely rational.

I should also point out that I mean a phobia that you are aware of. It's entirely possible that I might have a phobia of blue-coloured monkeys, but having no experience with them, I couldn't really say.

yes, of liberals and conservatives. They seem to be everywhere

Needles and loud, sudden noises (Balloons, thunder, explosives)

im scared to touch most types of insects. if there is a cockroach in my house that is just too damned big, ill just leave it and hope it goes away forever. ive trapped like three of them in the bathroom.

i am also afraid of fire/getting burned. i have never used a lighter.

I have an ungodly fear of spiders. Not like "Ew it's a spider I'ma chase him out the room with a rolled up newspaper" kind of fear, no. I panic when I see a spider, to me they really are the most horrifying things on this Earth.

Firstly, your username is made of win! :D

Secondly, as I'm not too worried of needles, I will say that that scene also freaked the crap out of me! D:

But that's for another phobia I have (Yay! Segue! :D).

OT: I do have a pretty large number of fears. One of them include damage to the wrists. Needles, blades, anything freaks me out. I immediately hold my arms close to my body.

I also shit my pants when I see spiders. However, that's only if I see one in real life and it's larger than a quarter. If I see a picture in one or see a giant one in Skyrim (I'm still not entirely sure why people are scared shitless when they see them in the game. It's just a game. :P) I can reason with myself that it's not real. If it's smaller than a coin, then I can just brush it off or just leave it alone. However, anything larger than that I freeze up and scream like a little girl. <_<

I do have a fear of heights but I don't know if I would class it as a phobia as it only goes into phobia levels in certain situations.

Mice and rats due to a childhood trauma I would rather not describe. Mice scare me but if there's a rat? Well damn, I literally panic and scream in fear running away. Their beady little eyes ... But hey, at least I don't get queasy fighting giant ones in rpg's anymore.

Arachnophobia, my hand got jumped by a huge spider when I was little and ever since then they've scared the shit out of me.
Thank God for cats, best defence I have against the bastards!

I have a huge fear of solitude. Not being alone, but being alone for extended periods of time with no one to talk to or way to pass time. Unable to understand how long it has been going on, or what to think about, or even if to think at all if I'm unable to tell anyone. Limbo or purgatory, whatever you may call it. Solitary confinement, yes.

Everything else is minor. Heights, maybe, but I love climbing and falling. Public speaking, hell no, I'm socially uncaring.

I have a fear of standing on wobbling surfaces. Things like ladders or tables just scares me if I'm standing on them, mainly because I think that it'll collapse and I'll fall and injure myself somehow.

Clowns, I have no idea why but I freak the fuck out when I see a clown, I wont be in the same road as a clown.

They ain't fucking friendly.

A phobia is irrational, being scared of falling to your death isn't irrational, that's a survival instinct, same goes with spiders, spiders can eat your face, that is not an irrational fear.

Clowns, I don't know how they do it but they can fuck you up 8 ways from Sunday.

I actually shot an arrow at a Clown once, missed, the only reason I missed was because I was so scared, if I was relaxed and aimed right I would have totally hit him.

I have a fear of the dark. I have a phobia that someone's always there.

Seriously, though, I am a bit scared of the dark. It's a fear that goes away if I have a weapon in my hands. For instance, doing midnight patrols in the military was a piece of cake, since I had an assault rifle with me. Take away my rifle, and my imagination kicks in. All those things I can't see, rocks falling down a small cliff when I turn around. Suddenly, everything around me comes alive. When I have a weapon in my hands, all that anxiety goes away.

I'm also quite afraid of dark water. Clear water, like at a pool or something, that's all cool and all, but if it's dark and muddy, I ain't going in there. How am I supposed to wrestle a shark if I can't see it? Never mind the fact that it's a lake inland, but I need my shark-wrestling crystal-clear water. Heck, even slightly visible will do.

Other than that, I'm pretty fearless. I don't mind heights, or wild animals. There's just one more thing that gives me these cold, deathly chills. Our unit's vice commander. The man's a demon, I tell ya. One look from him will freeze your blood solid. He's and all right person by all means, strict and fair, but he still has this barely contained, primal fury that he wears on his face at all times. He says "give me twenty" and we'll be stuck in this perpetual push-up mode where we're too scared to stop until he gives the word.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked