True facts you can't get yourself to believe

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Liquidacid23:

Scrustle:
Super position. How can something be in more than one place at the same time? And how does observation change where it is? Are the particles camera shy or something? I just can't wrap my head around it.

quantum mechanics are not for the sane to understand :P

also superposition is one word

you forgot to add this

BiscuitTrouser:
You can fit the ENTIREITY of humanity into a match box if you removed ALL the space (up to one plank) from between all the neutrons and electrons and crushed them all together into LITERALLY solid matter. It would also be a black hole. To scale an atom is pretty much ENTIRELY empty space. The reason when you smash a brick with your fist the emoty space doesnt bend or move is because the repulsion between atoms and nucleus's and electrons is THAT strong when in the BILLIONS that you cant push against it. How cool is that.

hmm... our politicians are mostly hot air then. literally.

That there was internet before the year 2000. I'm not even that young and I still can't picture it

MissGinaKid:
That there was internet before the year 2000. I'm not even that young and I still can't picture it

I remember those times, the internet was a scary place then, if you could get on....

All I can say is thank God for safe search now.

Agow95:
I just can't get my head around the fact that some people, idiots you might say, take Yahtzee seriously.

I used to enjoy it, but never took it seriously as he just rehashes common hate for games and how 'consolised' everything is.

My 2 facts I can't believe:

Some people believe consoles, or being multiplatform, suddenly makes something inferior (apartheid much).

and That some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it doesn't snow in the Southern Hemisphere, as well as having 30+ degree days on Christmas (celsius), around 90+ Fahrenheit.

rapidoud:

Agow95:
I just can't get my head around the fact that some people, idiots you might say, take Yahtzee seriously.

I used to enjoy it, but never took it seriously as he just rehashes common hate for games and how 'consolised' everything is.

Some people believe consoles, or being multiplatform, suddenly makes something inferior (apartheid much).

and That some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it doesn't snow in the Southern Hemisphere, as well as having 30+ degree days on Christmas (celsius), around 90+ Fahrenheit.

whoa whoa whoa, it doesn't snow in the southern hemisphere, like at ALL? What the FUCK!

I find it hard to believe that the arrow in the knee joke became old after like a month but Twilight jokes are somehow still funny.

rapidoud:

That some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it doesn't snow in the Southern Hemisphere,

it does snow in the Southern Hemisphere... i've been to a ski resort in chile

Liquidacid23:

rapidoud:

That some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it doesn't snow in the Southern Hemisphere,

Ya it's probably when the North has summer, the south has winter, or at least that's how I understand it...

Zepherus14:

Liquidacid23:

rapidoud:

Ya it's probably when the North has summer, the south has winter, or at least that's how I understand it...

winter there is like June to August

rapidoud:

Agow95:

it has snowed in Austrlaia..you can even go skiing

but yeah 30 degree chrsitmas does throw some people off

PotluckBrigand:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PotluckBrigand:
Snipper-snap

And that, my good man, was my existential crisis, utterly terrifying isn't it?

I can't either, and I never will, and the whole thought of it scares me. Also, if you're not well know no one will ever know you existed and they don't even care that they don't know.

I'd actually love to know how other people deal with it .

its beyond my controll, I cant do anything about it

but I CAN go and pick up my preorder for ME3 in a few weeks...I CAN go to the gamestore during lunch to see if they have a game I want

and I CAN read spawn comics and improve my own drawing skills

so I think about that instead

SPARTANXIII:
People watch Twilight.................and enjoy it!

Yeah, MLP is pretty popular these days.

DUHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO U C WAT I DID?!1?1!1one?1!

OT: It's been said before, but Schrodinger's Cat sends me in to a fuming rage whenever it gets brought up.

Oh, also... I have a ridiculously hard time wrapping my head around the whole "gravity bends time" thing. Headaches abound >.<

That people believe people who happen to not believe in the "New big thing." are somehow less of a person than them.

Religion, video games, thought processes, stances on what constitutes as justified murder, etc.

Elementary - Dear Watson:

rollerfox88:
That if the height of a single step on a flight is 2mm different to the rest, 80% of people will trip on it.

I cant bring myself to believe that we are that uncoordinated as a species...

Someone has been watching Big Bang Theory...! :P

Or the Big Bang Theory has been watching me...but no, I havent been watching this, I still only have the 4 terrestrial channels :(

rollerfox88:

rollerfox88:
That if the height of a single step on a flight is 2mm different to the rest, 80% of people will trip on it.

I cant bring myself to believe that we are that uncoordinated as a species...

Or the Big Bang Theory has been watching me...but no, I havent been watching this, I still only have the 4 terrestrial channels :(

Really? I thought they turned the signal off! You must really live out in the Styx? :P

rollerfox88:

Really? I thought they turned the signal off! You must really live out in the Styx? :P

Its either being switched off in March or April - the day I turn the TV on and nothing happens is the day I spend more money on the Freeview thingy. And not quite the Styx - I live in England.

rollerfox88:

rollerfox88:

Its either being switched off in March or April - the day I turn the TV on and nothing happens is the day I spend more money on the Freeview thingy. And not quite the Styx - I live in England.

I know, that! :P I do too! Ours was switched off over a year ago! I thought it was done! Guess its a long draw down! I wonder when they will move onto the radio! :S

Apparently ducks can fly. I refuse to believe this. Duck Hunt is a lie.

rollerfox88:

I know, that! :P I do too! Ours was switched off over a year ago! I thought it was done! Guess its a long draw down! I wonder when they will move onto the radio! :S

How strange...according to the postcode checker, I have until March 7th. Maybe they started at the top and worked their way down? (Im in Portsmouth).

I wanted to say something clever about the dimensionality of hilbert spaces.

To be honest though, the inconsistency in the England cricket team's batting is something that confuses me even more. Seriously, they seem to go between best team in the world and rank amateurs at the flip of a coin.

I don't understand how the signal from the mouse through the machine and then to your monitor is instantaneous. I simply don't understand how the same instant that you move the mouse that so many things happen that then allows the mouse to move on the screen.

The true colour of the Sun is white.

Women taking dumps.

Something that is completely unfathomable.

double post

sorry.

Fawxy:

Oh, also... I have a ridiculously hard time wrapping my head around the whole "gravity bends time" thing. Headaches abound >.<

I just try to ignore physics and hope it goes away.

Liquidacid23:

Scarim Coral:

So I guess I go with Pluto is in fact a planet! I just feel that denining it's a planet at all, it's a like a big screw you to the Greek who discover it in the first place and Hades himself.

so I guess you want us to continue to believe the world is flat too? I mean wouldn't wanna give a "big screw you" to all those ancient Greek scientists who claimed it was :P

But they did know the world was round in and around 500BC. At least not the crazy ones.

Pink is not a real colour.

That if you got 57 random people in a room together there is a 99% probability that 2 of those people will share the same birthday.

F*** I hate probability.

That coffee doesn't actually cause a buzz until thirty minutes in...and even then it lasts for only a few seconds. Stuff gets me wired, though it may all be psychosomatic at this point.

thaluikhain:
Oh, people voting Princess Diana's death as the most important thing to happen in the 20th century. Fuck.

Deary, deary me, really?

The fact that I can't swallow is that I started High School playing the second Half-Life, and will probably finish High School before getting a go on Half-Life 3 :(

Darn it, I misread what you had typed.

Sorry. ^^;;

I've been told I that I am lazy, but I tell them that I move over 10,000 km on a daily basis. Some people still don't understand what I mean.

uhddh:
Pluto is a planet god damn it.

i was sad too but then i found out that there are many Pluto sized balls of ice is the kuiper belt

TheRightToArmBears:
At some point in the past, my parents must have had sex. I just... can't accept it.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. *pats*

The Red Goblin:
Consciousness can be created.

You weren't conscious when you where just sperm and egg, but at some point your consciousness came into being. And when you die it (arguably) will stop existing.

This has always spiked my curiosity. However if it was ever created or destroyed at any point is arguable. Modern science is pretty much in the dark about it.

OT: Sometimes while I'm walking I'll look at my legs and think, "How the hell am I doing that?"

Liquidacid23:

Scarim Coral:

So I guess I go with Pluto is in fact a planet! I just feel that denining it's a planet at all, it's a like a big screw you to the Greek who discover it in the first place and Hades himself.

so I guess you want us to continue to believe the world is flat too? I mean wouldn't wanna give a "big screw you" to all those ancient Greek scientists who claimed it was :P

erm, the Greeks knew the world was round...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked