You can now remove one function/reaction/organ from your body with NO repercussions.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I would stop my cells from aging. If that doesn't count, then I would choose to no longer need sleep to survive. So much more time in life!

The stomach, so I never need to eat again!

DJ_DEnM:
I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

I don't think the people with CIPA would see it that way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain_with_anhidrosis

ravenshrike:

ImmortalDrifter:
Sleep. That's an easy one.

It has no proven purpose

Well, except for the fact that it keeps a normal person from going batshit insane.

Well removing the need to sleep is what I'm talking about. We need sleep, but no one knows why. Does sleep do anything but make you less tired?

DJ_DEnM:
So yeah. You can remove one thing related to your body. It can be bowel movements, it can be an organ, it can be (In some cases unfortunately) a tumor, etc. I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

You realize not being able to feel pain would be incredibly dangerous right? you'd quickly end up doing permanent damage to your body.

I'd remove sleep. I sleep a lot but then i hate sleep, it seems like a waste of time to me.

The refractory period for rather obvious reasons.

My heart.

Why?

I want to keep it in a jar....

Yeah I cant say I have a real reason....but that is a legit answer...just not reason!

I'd get rid of all the hairs that grow in weird places. Don't look at me like that, you know exactly what I'm talking about and no I don't just mean those hairs. It may not be a practical decision but still they're awkward, serve no purpose (anymore anyway), and are uncomfortable if you don't shave them regularly or because of it.

Yeah, I'd go with that 'aging' answer. I'd like my body to keep refreshing itself over time (i.e. digestion of food, processing waste, growing new cells, development of muscle, sleep, et cetera), but never have any of the problems of growing old over the years. Plus, do you know how fun it would be to be chronologically 145 and calling old people "sonny"?

This may be weird about me but I would trade pooping in favor of eating, digesting, then vomiting in a second.
I just don't like the down time of sitting on the toilet, plus the seat is usually always freezing cold.
So I'd get rid of pooping with no repercussions

The need to eat; cooking's a pain in the arse and I'm not a fan of food at all.

I thought about sleep, but I'm sure being up 24/7 I'd get bored fast.

halfeclipse:
The refractory period for rather obvious reasons.

So your life could be one big seizure/tetanus? Awesome.

My heart. Pretty much all of my family dies from heart attacks. Not having one would probably add years to my life.

I'd definitely remove my allergies. Having a human version of a hard reset anytime I get stung by a wasp sucks balls. Also, you'd be surprised by how many things have what I call "sneaky celery" in them.

DJ_DEnM:
So yeah. You can remove one thing related to your body. It can be bowel movements, it can be an organ, it can be (In some cases unfortunately) a tumor, etc. I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

There is a disease where people dont have the ability to feel pain - usually these people bleed to death from cuts they dont know they have, or overheat/freeze and die on particularly hot/cold days. Not tremendously unstoppable.

Personally, I would get rid of sleep. Id miss the dreams, but an extra third of my time...yes please.

I would probably get rid of my procrastination or my lungs. With the first I would get a whole lot of stuff done and with the latter I would no longer have asthma. Plus, no repercussions means I can do anything I want to without running out of breath.

I'd go with whatever functions maintain fat.

No repercussions means I could look good and not give a fuck.

DJ_DEnM:

You do know that's why diabetics have limbs cut off right? They lose the ability to feel pain in them, then they don't know they are injured so they get infections that are out of control before they are recognized and *chop* goes the part.

Pain also stops you from doing things that are beyond your limits, so without that you end up with torn ligaments and tissue, broken bones, and then you make those unrepairable because you continue to use them because you don't feel pain in them.

You probably just ended your life in a few year with that wish.

The terrible stomach pains I have.

People who can't feel pain live terrible lives, burning themselves, wearing out the arches of their feet, getting bedsores, stuff like that.

Probably if I could eliminate eating (and by association crapping), I'm lactose intolerant and so many times has surprise dairy ruined my day.

Hmm. Probably sleep. It would leave me with a lot more time.... to think.... maybe best not.

Hmm.... The function that converts excess calories into excess fat? I mean, with how easy it is to get food these days I don't really need fat reserves. My family has a tenancy to be overweight (apart from my mother. grr) so that would help with that, and all the implications to my health. Yea, I think I'll go with that.

Also, all the chocolate and bacon in the world without gaining an gram!

Jedoro:
so that I may stay 21 forever.

I see what you did there.

Anyways. I would get rid of the ability to smell bad.

My pancreas. It's already not working so it's just dead weight. Maybe I can run 1/16th faster without it lagging behind.

Hmmm. With absolutely no repercussions? I'd remove my arms and legs, but keep my hands and feet then I can cosplay as Rayman!

or Yahtzee.

kman123:
My pancreas. It's already not working so it's just dead weight. Maybe I can run 1/16th faster without it lagging behind.

Sorry I just had to post that.

Never needing to take a poop again and then...the world!

smearyllama:
Waste disposal. It just goes in one end, never comes out, never causes a problem.

Or it goes horribly, horribly wrong...

ImmortalDrifter:

ravenshrike:

ImmortalDrifter:
Sleep. That's an easy one.

It has no proven purpose

Well, except for the fact that it keeps a normal person from going batshit insane.

Well removing the need to sleep is what I'm talking about. We need sleep, but no one knows why. Does sleep do anything but make you less tired?

Not sure why I'm explaining this but we sleep because the brain needs to rest itself regularly, during sleep it's on a 'stand-by' of sorts. That's why sleep deprivation is one of the most devastating forms of torture we have.

Also, it is possible to die from exhaustion where I guess the brain just goes into a perma shutdown.

Hunger, I would never starve and the food can go to people who need it

hazabaza1:
My heart.
SO IT CAN'T BE BROKEN!

Bah, beat me to it...

More seriously... probably my lungs. If there's no repercussions, then without lungs, I have no need to breathe or intake oxygen to live... therefore, I can go anywhere... even a vacuum like space (albeit that space is bloody cold)

the need to sleep.
not the ability to sleep, just the need. I love me some sleep. I just want to be able to skip it if I feel like it.

Jedoro:
I'd remove my body's aging function, so that I may stay 21 forever.

Likewise, though I may wait a few years (raincheck?) because I'd rather not be a beardless/pimple-y 18 year old forever.

EDIT: Alternatively, maybe remove my ability to put on body fat beyond a certain point, or remove loss of structural strength from inactivity after a certain point (so I could go into space without losing bone density, or be able to put on muscle just by doing normal things (if you only lose muscle from disuse when you have at least 'X' amount then, until you reach that point, all muscular changes would be gains)).

No more excretory functions! YES!

I'd also get rid of sleep, if at all possible, and the whole chemical soup responsible for genetic senescence. Being 28 until the end of time or until something unfortunate takes my life away sounds like a good deal.

My lungs. Then go on to win every marathon, only to retire to a pineapple under the sea.

Next up would be the need for sleep. So much extra time, and never feel tired? Big plus.

DJ_DEnM:

so you want to have Congenital insensitivity to pain?

well bad news for you then:

People Who Feel No Pain Can't Smell, Either

To give birth painlessly is every pregnant woman's dream, but for people who lack the ability to feel pain, life stinks. Actually, they wouldn't know because people with congenital insensitivity to pain can't smell anything.

Researchers have discovered that these individuals who have a rare genetic condition rendering their lives pain-free also don't have a sense of smell. And they think they know why: Humans use the same signaling channel in the brain to both feel pain and sense smells.

http://www.livescience.com/13373-pain-smell-connection-110323.html

plus you have to watch every hour if you are not injured or you have not shat in your pants or if you haven't bitten your tongue off or part of your lips.

i know that pain sucks sometimes.

but your body hurts you only because it loves you.

Came to this thread to say I would remove my Heart...
After reading decide..... hmmmm....
Lungs.... Nice Idea but limited usefulness
Sleep... Sleep is for the weak.... But it doesn't really matter...
Aging.... Now THIS!!!!!!!!! I could still die but I could be young forever and also be capable of seeing the future....

So Aging....

Can I count functions that forces stuff out of either end (vomit/numbers one and two/'Aunt Flo'/etc.) as one whole function? If so, then that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked