Killing spree in Hungary... with a twist

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

When I read the subject and it said "with a twist" I assumed this would be a story about someone going on a shooting rampage that brought people back to life with each bullet.

Matthew94:

He didn't have to cut them out of his life though.

Great, you made me laugh at a dismemberment joke, now I just feel a stab of guilt

ElPatron:

werewolfsfury:
they should have given him a warning shot with a taser into his leg.

- If it hits, it's not a warning shot
- Taser electrodes can be stopped by clothes. People with hoodies have escaped taser shots in the head without incapacitation
- Tasers are quite effective, but you can't be 100% sure of incapacitation. People on drugs can shrug off the shock.
- There is no such thing as a warning shot. If you have a gun, you NEVER point it at something you don't want to hit, so you keep the muzzle facing the threat. Shooting at the air can cause an innocent person getting shot from more than a mile away, shooting at the ground can cause a ricochet

that's the joke. sorry I forgot to put /end sarcasm on it

Looks like he got a sword and stabbed a bunch of people. With a sword.

bojackx:
You guys are being very offensive, you need to cut it out.

Looks like some one can't withstand a little jab (good lord, I hope that works).

Can a mod please shut this thread down. I've read the first page and every comment is just taking cheap shots at it. I find it reprehensible that a bunch of people can just make fun of the fact that someone did despicable things to their family. None of these individuals have done anything relating to a discussion regarding this matter.

ElPatron:

Chairman Miaow:
I was referring specifically to sprees.

All of these used melee weapons.

Unek, William - 21 kills, unknown wounded, 1954
Unknown Soldier (India) - 22 kills, unknown wounded, 1950
Hedin, Tore - 9 kills, 20 wounded, 1952
Unknown (Philippines) - 32 kills, unknown wounded
Wirjo - 20 kills, 12 wounded, 1987
Formentera, Arsenio - 17 kills, unknown wounded, 1968
Unknown (India) - 14 kills, 2 wounded, 1936

I can get you more, if you insist

Anything ya'know, within the last 50 years?

C F:
I'm assuming he had the option of choosing either a point-and-shoot route

Gunfire isn't a matter of pointing and shooting.

Of course, melee weapons take the most brutal approach. I have seen people on the Escapist who consider firearms too violent and brutal - we should defend our homes with baseball bats! LOGIC!

There is a lot of emotional baggage when pointing a gun at someone. During WWI it was found that most people will not shoot the first time they have an enemy on their sights. That's where the "silhouette" targets come from.

Anyway, it takes a special kind of brutality to point a loaded gun at someone unless you're a kid and you don't understand the consequences.

Chairman Miaow:

Oh, so you are cherry picking?

Jia Yingmin - 12 kills, 2000

Bai Ningyang - 12 kills, 5 injuried, 2006

Wirjo - 20 kills, 12 wounded, 1987 (Again, because you missed it)

Unknown (Ukraine) - 7 deaths, unknown wounded, 1997

Shi Yuejun - 12 kills, 5 wounded, 2006

Duong Van Mon - 12 kills, 6 wounded, 1998

Qiu Xinghua - 11 kills, 2 wounded, 2006

ElPatron:
There is a lot of emotional baggage when pointing a gun at someone. During WWI it was found that most people will not shoot the first time they have an enemy on their sights. That's where the "silhouette" targets come from.

Anyway, it takes a special kind of brutality to point a loaded gun at someone unless you're a kid and you don't understand the consequences.

Soldiers going off to war? Oh, yeah.
People who never wanted to kill, but are put in the situation anyway? That's an ordeal.
But we're talking about a muderer here, someone whose actions are likely driven out of pent-up spite against their target. While it's far from any actual justifaction, I'm assuming it at least makes the choice to point a loaded gun (or in this case, go all hack-and-slash) at them easier. Perhaps it's unfair of me to do so, but I never expect a murderer to worry about morality or act the way any other human would.

C F:
People who never wanted to kill, but are put in the situation anyway? That's an ordeal.

You do know that the Allies were convinced that the Axis soldiers would invade hospitals and burn sick people alive, throw babies in the air and stab them with bayonets, right?

The Germans thought the Allies would gauge off the eyes of the soldiers they captured and spread them in bread.

In Vietnam, the rate of people willing to shoot was 75%.

So much for people "who never wanted to kill".

ElPatron:

C F:

You do know that the Allies were convinced that the Axis soldiers would invade hospitals and burn sick people alive, throw babies in the air and stab them with bayonets, right?

The Germans thought the Allies would gauge off the eyes of the soldiers they captured and spread them in bread.

In Vietnam, the rate of people willing to shoot was 75%.

So much for people "who never wanted to kill".

8 years as an 0311 0317 and served in 2 foreign conflicts... didn't specifically want to shoot people... but when it came time I had absolutely no problem nor did most of the people who I knew... shooting someone is far from personal... now maybe if I was shooting close friends or family it would be different.. but shooting random people you've never met is rather detached... most of the time people have problems with it AFTER the shooting is done not before especially first time shooters... also, in my experience, most of those who aren't willing to shoot are doing it out of fear and cowardice for themselves not for concern over who they are supposed to be shooting at

Liquidacid23:
most of the time people have problems with it AFTER the shooting is done not before especially first time shooters... also, in my experience, most of those who aren't willing to shoot are doing it out of fear and cowardice for themselves not for concern over who they are supposed to be shooting at

That's an observation I have found as well. If we take into account that the people serving in the US are volunteers and grew up in the 80's-90's, their condition to shoot for the first time is very high because of superior training methods... and the fact that they are very likely to have been exposed to videogames, which allows some people to ease in the idea of killing humans.

After it, some people will laugh at how the target trip and fell, some won't sleep at night.

I still think that to untrained people shooting is quite personal, specially if they are from the same city. Not the same thing as being sent thousands of miles away to do it.

ElPatron:

I still think that to untrained people shooting is quite personal, specially if they are from the same city. Not the same thing as being sent thousands of miles away to do it.

depends... I mean some kid shooting up his school or someone shooting up their place of work sure it is kinda personal because he sees all those people everyday and knows some of them... some guy living in NYC or another huge city shooting random people on the street.. not really because even tho he lives there there are so many damn random people around all the time it's wholly impersonal.. still tho stabbing is always more person simply because of the fact you have to close on the target and put a lot more effort into the action of doing it than sighting and squeezing

untrained people tend to hesitate a lot which i think is a lot of the cause of how bad they do.. it's not that it's personal shooting those random people it's just they are stopping to think about it... I don't think it has anything to do with it being personal but more to do with them stopping to contemplate the whole situation they are now in.. when shooting you should not be thinking about anything only acting on training and instinct which is why we drill all god damn day and night to ingrain those into us

FoolKiller:
Can a mod please shut this thread down. I've read the first page and every comment is just taking cheap shots at it. I find it reprehensible that a bunch of people can just make fun of the fact that someone did despicable things to their family. None of these individuals have done anything relating to a discussion regarding this matter.

It's disgraceful, I agree.

Mods, I would appreciate it if you would razor attention to this thread and lock it.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

FoolKiller:

Mods, I would appreciate it if you would razor attention to this thread and lock it.

true the mods need to try an carve this kinda of behavior out of this forum...

Liquidacid23:
true the mods need to try an carve this kinda of behavior out of this forum...

It's about the 5th time this pun is used.

ElPatron:

Chairman Miaow:

I am willing to bet he will try to narrow it down again!

"Oh it can only be using a sword!" or "oh it can only involve children between the ages of 12 and 15."

Captcha: Clown around

bwahahaha! The captcha knows this thread too well!

FoolKiller:

People die every day its no big surprise, this one is just more interesting than most, and the euro posters cant whine about guns or go

so they have to have SOMETHING to say!

Making sword puns, man whatever happened to sharp wit? These puns are almost like Nazi jokes, Anne Frankly they are starting to get just as dull.

Shame he had to cut so many people from his life. :c
EDIT: I'm going to Hell aren't I?

you people bitch at American for guns, yet this guy was able to get a killing spree with a damn sword?

Jegsimmons:
you people bitch at American for guns, yet this guy was able to get a killing spree with a damn sword?

yup.. now see in america he would never have hurt so many people... some high school kid would have shot him first

Oh my gash you guys. Spear me the jokes, please. It's not funny no matter how you slice it. I don't think you understand the severity of the situation of the situation (make no mistake, it's very shivere). I mean really, what sword of guy makes murder puns? I think you all need to shank about what you've done here.

...Yeah, that joke was weak, I really butchered the delivery. It was a knife try, though.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Liquidacid23:

Jegsimmons:

yup.. now see in america he would never have hurt so many people... some high school kid would have shot him first

no, high school kids have katanas because they think its cool, college kids have guns (they meet the minimum age)

Jegsimmons:

Liquidacid23:

Jegsimmons:

no, high school kids have katanas because they think its cool, college kids have guns (they meet the minimum age)

eh yeah I forgot this generation's kids are all weeaboos... damn shame

Liquidacid23:

Jegsimmons:

Liquidacid23:

eh yeah I forgot this generation's kids are all weeaboos... damn shame

damn shame indeed, they keep thinking Naruto magic bullshit is the ninja way and they end up not ever scoring a kill.

kids these days dont know shit about ninjas...or pirates for that matter.

FoolKiller:

Calm down sir, we're just having a bit of fun. I'm pretty sure most people here understand how bad it must be for the family, and no-one's exactly taking stabs at the family (I couldn't find any better phrase to use there).

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

I lol'd.

FoolKiller:

Yes it should be locked up. I am quite incised about this thread and feel this particular thread needs to be cut off the main ball of yarn (so to speak). The thread should be seperated from its current status as being unlocked. There are many points on contention in this thread, and they are taking me to the edge.

And hear I was hoping for something crazy. A large cutting/stabbing weapon is not exactly a twist...

ElPatron:

Chairman Miaow:

It isn't really cherry picking to ask for relevant results.... and while interesting to see all those sprees with melee weapons, they are all from China or Korea judging from the names. No wonder you never hear about them.

Honestly though, I don't care about this subject, I find the argument of gun control to be horribly boring, so I won't post again. Post again if you want, I will read it, and I will reply if you want to ask me something or have something very interesting to say.

Jadak:
And hear I was hoping for something crazy. A large cutting/stabbing weapon is not exactly a twist...

To the Escapist it is. Every other semester we get another thread about a shooting spree.

Also, the "twist" was also a failed pun. You know, stabbing and twisting the blade? I know, it didn't work at all.

Chairman Miaow:
It isn't really cherry picking to ask for relevant results.... and while interesting to see all those sprees with melee weapons, they are all from China or Korea judging from the names. No wonder you never hear about them.

Ukraine and Australia are not exactly in Asia. Anywhoo.

There are a lot of melee sprees in Europe and the Americas, but I did not add them because there was a point when the killer used a firearm.

Doesn't mean that someone with a bladed weapon can't kill a dozen people and wound dozens more.

FelixG:
I am willing to bet he will try to narrow it down again!

"Oh it can only be using a sword!" or "oh it can only involve children between the ages of 12 and 15."

(... )and the euro posters cant whine about guns or go

FYI, I am European.

EDIT: Come on, France and Germany are the top two countries with more guns registered. We have loads of guns here.

edit: fail, wrong thread

Argh, can't delete post... oh, well

nikki191:
yep a pile of people slaughtered and people on here not only dont give a shit its something to laugh about and make jokes about it.

Well the jokes are funny and there's not much else that can be done. Nobody is laughing at death. Nobody is saying "Haha people died they deserved it lol I hope someone has sex with their corpses".
The joke here. Is the sword puns. Not the death. K?

Captcha: Double-cross. Fantastic. the Captcha's getting in on it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked