3% (24)
>10
2.5% (20)
2.5% (20)
Fuck you, I'm fabulous
6.2% (49)
6.2% (49)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How many relationships have you been in?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Just 2, but it looks like that's 2 more than the average for this site. Honestly, I regret both of them and am glad that they didn't go further than they did. Both girls were very wrong for me.

Daystar Clarion:

TheBobmus:

Daystar Clarion:
Just the one.

And 9 years later, I'm still with that lovely girl :D

Yes. I'm a stud.

I don't mind you worshipping me.

Since you were 15 or 16 then?
Only a brief profile stalk, to check that it wasn't since 11.

Nice to know, given that I started dating my girlfriend around 16, and am still going 2 and a half years later!
Late bloomers, unite!

If it's not too personal, did you both go to Uni, and if so how close by?

We both went to the University of Lincoln.

She studied law and I studied law & criminology.

Thanks for replying, just interested to know as my girlfriend and I are in different universities in London.
Now I shall go add this information to my closet shrine of candles and pictures of you. Got a haircut planned anytime soon, by the way?

For me, just two. There was a girl who stalked me from across the state after band camp, in junior high. I'm not counting that. There's also a girl who wanted to be my "girlfriend" when I was on a tour in Mexico before high school, not counting that, either. I've been close friends with several girls while growing up, but had my first "real" girlfriend in high school. Yeah, she had dumped her last boyfriend for me, and my naivete was washed away when she left me for my best friend.

I met my (to-be) wife the summer before my Junior year, and we've been together ever since. 10 years and counting.

Seven, I believe. I used to be the only guy in a friendship group of girls in secondary-school that had an overwhelming amount of girls for some reason, so everyone assumed they fancied me since I was attached to a penis and we got on well.

The first two relationships ended when we realised we were just friends and were being silly. The next ended when the girl realised she preferred women more and she wasn't willing to stop cheating on me. The fourth girl I lost my virginity to and I thought I loved, but when I moved away I realised everything had gotten routine over time and we'd become entirely different people with very little in common besides going out.
The next relationship was glorified fuckbuddies, where the girl was cheating on me with at least four guys, and trying it on with both my closest male and female friend at the time. The next girl after that I had a Disney-esque love for, and she did me, until she realised she was attractive and could get the guy she'd secretly been wanting to bang for four years.

After that, my last relationship was with a girl who eventually dumped me because she suddenly thought she was far too attractive to be with me and I wasn't making enough money, despite the fact that she herself was not making any money and I was working every hour I could just to have food and the ability to see her.

Seems I kind of lost it over the years. *Shrug*
Still, for the moment I'm just happy being on my own and having fun with friends, concentrating on my studies, and trying to find my place in the world. The closest I'll have to a relationship in the near future will likely be friends with benefits, but weirdly I'm okay with that.

I'm 27 and I had 5. In retrospective 3 of them were a horrible waste of emotional ressources, one could have been wonderful if wo both wouldn't have been too busy to give it the time it needed back then and the last was an experience so painful. It shattered the last tiny bit of hope I had finding the right person for me. So by now I've given up on relationships entirely.

TheBobmus:

Daystar Clarion:

TheBobmus:

Since you were 15 or 16 then?
Only a brief profile stalk, to check that it wasn't since 11.

Nice to know, given that I started dating my girlfriend around 16, and am still going 2 and a half years later!
Late bloomers, unite!

If it's not too personal, did you both go to Uni, and if so how close by?

Thanks for replying, just interested to know as my girlfriend and I are in different universities in London.
Now I shall go add this information to my closet shrine of candles and pictures of you. Got a haircut planned anytime soon, by the way?

I have the weirdest boner right now...

I'm actually due a haircut now that I think about it.

1. But it was many years ago and didn't last long.
I haven't really tried to get into a relationship at all.

More than I care to...

Jonluw:
One night stands don't count.

...oh. Then I've had 1 relationship.

This thread is full of a worrying amount of bitterness and self-doubt. There's people uninterested in complex emotion for those who like that, and people looking for a comfy loving relationship for the other types. Cheer up all!

Jonluw:
Hiya escapists.

What the title says, basically.
How many girlfriends/boyfriends have you had?
One night stands don't count.

You're free to tell us any entertaining stories from your relationships while we're at it.

I forgot my entertaining story,

I started dating this girl on the second (2nd) of the month. My birthday was the twenty-second (22nd) of this same month. To top it off it was my 21st birthday. Now I had made plans with my friends something like 4-6 months before hand and had already declared it a no girlfriend thing, and as a result everyone elses GFs had made other plans. Come my birthday my new girlfriend starts throwing a fit about not being able to spend my birthday with me and proceeds to do her best to make me feel like shit, including texting my best friend to tell him to get me shit faced so I can forget about her. this friend told her to quite being a bitch and let me enjoy my birthday.

Probably should have realized something wasn't right at this point, but stupid me was with here for almost a year and a half.

I've had zero, because I can't find anyone with enough incommon.
I've only met one girl that I naturally connected with and she was a lesbian.

Daystar Clarion:

TheBobmus:

Daystar Clarion:

I have the weirdest boner right now...

I'm actually due a haircut now that I think about it.

*ahem*
I'm going to light a celebratory stick of incense for the altar.

3, marrying the 3rd.

One, but that was two and a half years ago

I'm twenty or so that's what my mother tells me. I've been in nine, not counting little flings here and there.

High school was . . . interesting. I won't lie, I was a bit of a womanizer back then. I always knew what to say, charm was on point, but most of it was really shallow. I don't regret most of it, though. (I do regret all the girls I hurt) But it was very much a learning experience that helped me become the man I am today.

I'm currently in a relationship, though. Been over a year now. I don't plan on getting into the double-digits.

probably 7-10, had a bunch of one-1.5 monthers in there where i liked the girl, but after that time realized that it wasn't going anywhere, besides somewhere that will end horribly, so just ended it and we stayed friends.

however, just got out of another serious one a month ago (probably my 5th serious girlfriend) and i can't stand the girl entirely anymore, i don't think i've ever met someone who is so self absorbed and immature, i have no idea how she was hiding all that from me for 6 months. it baffles me.

i like relationships, but i can't seem to find one where i don't end up getting lied to or cheated on, or the other person doesn't have the same intentions that i do in a relationship. (i've literally had girls date me for the "social stigma" as me being another notch on the belt. i was so appalled by it that i just turned off emotionally for at least a week after that would happen.)

Doclector:
I ain't just playing the dating game on hard mode, I'm playing it like it was dark souls. It just ain't worth the effort and inevitable humiliation and pain to me.

Dude! I use the same terms to describe dating difficulty too! For some people it's like Halo on easy and for others it's like playing on legendary.

I find it interesting how there's a spike at 4-6 in the poll...

Still, I see the first three options are overwhelmingly the most popular.

I choose one but would just like everyone to know that there should be a saying like
I am more fabulous than a FLAME THROWER!!!

Shotgun Guy:

Doclector:
I ain't just playing the dating game on hard mode, I'm playing it like it was dark souls. It just ain't worth the effort and inevitable humiliation and pain to me.

Dude! I use the same terms to describe dating difficulty too! For some people it's like Halo on easy and for others it's like playing on legendary.

To be honest, I think I saw the "I'm not ugly. I'm playing the dating game on hard mode" thing on memebase or 9gag.

I made up the bit about dark souls myself, though...

I have been in one actual in love relationship. It lasted 3 years, so that wasn't bad. She left me for another guy and I haven't dated since, only random hookups that haven't meant much.

I guess I just lost trust in people and haven't been able to fall in love again. I don't think I'll ever be in another relationship for awhile, I've already been single for a year and a half now and I'm happy being single.

I would like to find someone and I don't want to, maybe I'll just adopt a child one day to give my love to someone who needs it more. :)

I've not been in a relationship before. I'll further throw it all out there by saying I've not ever had sex and I haven't been really kissed before either.

Probably it's because I'm relatively picky about guys I'm attracted to, yet I'm afraid of rejection so I am approaching nobody and I haven't had occasion to venture out very much lately. Or before in the past.

I'm hoping to change that one of these days.

Zero, and though I'm not very bitter about it I am pretty lonely.

Though that might change in the near future. Like, maybe, really maybe. Met a girl a few months back, got the know her and the more time I spend with her the more I started to like her. I asked her out as well, we're going to see Chronicle tomorrow, and that alone is a pretty big step for me, one I never dared to ask before. Now I just need to work up the guts to tell her that I like her.

Technically, I've had seven, three of which were over the Internet. Though they were the most successful of all my relationships, (in terms of length if nothing else) I'd rather they not count.

So I've only been in four relationships, as far as I'm concerned, with a combined length of nearly two months. I'm still friends [more or less] with two of them, but the other two I'm completely fine with never speaking to again.

I am 22 and have been with the same girl since I was 16 so ya :P

I have Aspergers, and the two longest relationships I've had have both been with ladies who also have Aspergers... It was kind of weird, honestly.

One hand, it was nice, because in both cases it was easy to be blunt with them, and I found it pretty easy to relate, but on the other hand, they were both quite emotionally stunted. In some ways it kind of felt like the stories I've heard from ladies dating really harsh nerdy guys. I'd get ignored for internet research on politicians they shipped together into gay couples, or have trouble getting them to discuss feelings or relationship things.

I'm pretty high-functioning as far as Aspergers goes, but I'm still an awkward, nerdy guy. It was weird being the one with the most tact and subtlety when it came to social things.

I'm 18 and still stuck at 0.

Though depending on how things go, I may have started one by the end of the week.

I'm eighteen, and I've been in over 13 relationships in my life, starting when I was 14. However, I would only count three as ever being "serious," meaning past the 6 month marker.

Also, I am very interested with the thread's poll. I was not expecting that many 0's or low numbers, and now I feel slightly bad. Good news though, I am still a proud virgin, so don't start making judgement calls at my fabulous ability to get women! I am a more respectable fellow than most (but not by much, in fairness, hah!).

Daystar Clarion:
Just the one.

And 9 years later, I'm still with that lovely girl :D

Yes. I'm a stud.

I don't mind you worshipping me.

I lo'dl

OT: Still on my first; a bit rocky though.

it rounds to zero. its about 0.00001.

this is due to the fact that i don't count girlfriends before high school, and each year it counts a tenth as much as the last.

since i got over the silly "you need a girl friend to be cool" thing (were still good friends btw)i have felt fairly uninterested in romantic affairs (i don't have enough time, and why can't i just have friends who are girls?)

Age 21, and I've been in one, possibly. It was a long-distance thing with a Scottish girl I met on holiday when I was about 16, so it barely counts, but still. Though there are two girls at work (one who's just recently started on my section, part-time) who I'd quite like to get to know a bit better... :P

0. I used to care about it but now realise most if not all of that pressure came from what I thought you were "meant to do".

I have come to realise I simply don't care and don't want one. If I meet someone I really like then that's great and I would be up for it but I'm not going to go looking for shit.

0, I really don't see the appeal of relationships. And I don't mean that in some creepy net dweller forever alone kind of way.

One night stands and no strings attached sex are all I'm really interested in. That's why bars and clubs are so great. If you hook up with someone there's no next day protocol. You might grab some breakfast together and then never see each other again.

In an actual relationship I'd just end up getting bored very quickly and probably end up pissing off my partner, we'd probably never talk again and it would probably ruin what would have other wise been a great friendship.

Poerts:
I'd get ignored for internet research on politicians they shipped together into gay couples.

Quite possibly the single weirdest sentence I have ever read. And I read Bizzaro literature.

2 internet relationships. 0 real life. 17 years old. I can really only think of 2 or so people in real life I'd even have a chance with that I'm attracted to, considering I'm a short (5'4") and skinny guy.

Even then, having a cleft lip and palate, no matter how fixed it is, really doesn't help in the being attractive department.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked