Girls, do you like men with facial hair?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Considering the fact that I've left puberty behind me for a few years now and still only need to shave once or at most twice a week I'm rather happy with positive reaction to clean-shaven and stubble.

Of course, it will never ever fill the void that's left by my tragic lack of beard. But I guess I'll just have to compensate with other manly things. Reckon I'll go do some bare-chested chainsawing again this weekend, perhaps it will finally cause my seventh chest-hair to sprout.

Hipsy_Gypsy:

SckizoBoy:

TehCookie:
Snippy

Yeah, I'll go with that... though I'll add that it also depends on how the facial hair grows out. Chinese people... or rather east Asians in general, just cannot do beards, like, at all. When we grow beards, it just goes downwards and unless you're older than sixty, it just looks sooooooooooo wrong. I can do five-o'clock shadow (which idiotically takes a couple days to grow) but that's about it. As for on other guys... nah... just... nah. (Except 'lawful evil' goatees, of course!)

For some reason, that reminded me of Lo Tae Zhao from the 1982 film, Flight of Dragons:

It's a fantabulastic film! I could never forget the name of that film, not once... especially considering how much my mum bloody well quoted it when I was young.

SckizoBoy:

Hipsy_Gypsy:
I think I put far too much thought into this post...

Just a tad! =P Do you have the perfect layout of your ideal man's facial hair?! XD

Haha! Now there's a thought!

Thank you so much i watched that movie so much as a young whipper-snapper i forgot what it was called so thank you so very much

Being into androgyny, I'm not super into facial hair, or even body hair in general on guys.

There are exceptions, though. I have the hots for Qui Gon Jinn, Albus Dumbledore(that's gonna come off as super creepy), Gandalf the Grey, and for non fictional characters, people like Aubrey de Grey.

As a whole though, the only place I'm super fond of hair on a man's body, is on his scalp. That includes facial hair, of course. I especially hate facial hair when it goes into the whole macho look in video games. Like the stereotypical "manly" video game protagonist.

In fact, the only reason I seem to like facial hair on any guys at all, is that I'm a major nerd and I have a wizard fetish. Androgyny for the win. Hairy face for the lose.

Depends on the guy. I'm quite fond of a well-trimmed goatee and mustache (as long as the guy can pull it off). And a bit of stubble is always nice for the slightly "rugged" look.

Of course, the disadvantage of stubble is the prickly sensation when he kisses you (which can be many different levels of uncomfortable depending on where he kisses you) but I don't know if this is a problem with a full beard.

Any girls with experience of fully-bearded guys want to comment?

Stubble? Hell yeah.
Anything else? Treading on egg shells.
Some people can look good with facial hair, but it's a very select few (mostly actors).
Most just end up looking like hobos.

My facial hair grows in a way that gives me a separate mustache and beard and then I also have a bald patch under my lip except for a little stupid goatee thing that would appear if I left it.

Essentially, my beard automatically grows out in a douchebag style.

I drew a picture for you guys:

It really depends on the guy to me. Some men look good with it, some don't.

Hipsy_Gypsy:
Snip

No, you're fine. I appreciate those pictures. ^_^

I rock a neatly trimmed and overall well-maintained chin curtain, and I don't give a damn if anyone else doesn't like it. It complements my long hair, accentuates my jaw, and I look silly without it; used to have a stache, too, but it grows in too weak and fuzzy, so I ditched it.

Reading this thread I remembered I needed to shave.
Trying for a goatee, but it's turning out like a fucking neckbeard due to my laziness.

Djinn8:
We men like to talk a good beard, but I was wondering whether that appreciation extended to the fairer sex. So girls, do you like a man with a beard or not?

What women find attractive is a guy who's comfortable with himself. If a beard/goatee/whatever helps you do that, then more power to you.

LilithSlave:
Being into androgyny, I'm not super into facial hair, or even body hair in general on guys.

Quick question out of curiosity, is androgyny a taste you find yourself mostly alone in or something more common amongst women?

Especially seeing as it's rather uncommon amongst men I think (not sure though, come to think of it I've no clue what exactly would constitute an androgynous woman).

Bara_no_Hime:
-snip-
A little facial hair is slightly scratchy when the lips are kissed - I don't want a Brillo pad attacking my chin.

I was ninja'd!

But yes, this. So much this. Plus I dislike having to deal with the rash afterwards, it just looks odd.

Hagi:
Quick question out of curiosity, is androgyny a taste you find yourself mostly alone in or something more common amongst women?

All over the place? All sorts of diversity?

I don't know, it's quite a question. I guess that more women are more comfortable or fond of androgyny than guys. There's a social construct out there that seems to much more define something as "gay" or "faggy" than what we'll easily define as lesbian. Heteronormative society seems very, very quick to judge a behavior as "homo" on men.

I think that women's typical opinion of what consistutes an attractive man differs from what a typical man defines as proper for a man to look like and "manly." Perhaps, then, women are a little more into androgyny than men on average, because men and women have different standards of what is attractive in a man on average.

That's just my attempt at answering a difficult question, though. Certainly some women like really "manly" men, but also there does seem to be a large subset of women out there who prefer more "androgynous" looks, even if we don't call them that. Thus a lot of the fictional characters designed as a fanservice with women in mind, are fairly androgynous.

I think that there's a large subset of women who don't like men who look like women, but who don't like men as masculine as many men would perceive masculinity. I don't think it's a thing of purposely going for androgyny, like me. It's just that they like a more gentle form of masculinity. Seeing a giant, bodybuilder of a man, often feels more threatening, than anything.

An androgynous woman would be a woman with a set of hips that are like a man's, or basically not very wide. Not very large breasts in comparison to the rest of her body fat content. Quite tall, 5 feet and 6 inches tall, or plenty taller. Having a fair amount of body and/or facial hair. The presence of an Adam's Apple(a surprising amount of women have this quite prominently). A more angular than round face. Oh, and wide shoulders. Specifically, wide shoulders in comparison to hips. A woman with wide shoulders, but not wide hips, is fairly androgynous.

Not all of them required, but some mixture of these things is androgynous. The only feminine feature I seem to like all across the board is round faces.

LilithSlave:
All over the place? All sorts of diversity?

I don't know, it's quite a question. I guess that more women are more comfortable or fond of androgyny than guys. There's a social construct out there that seems to much more define something as "gay" or "faggy" than what we'll easily define as lesbian. Heteronormative society seems very, very quick to judge a behavior as "homo" on men.

I think that women's typical opinion of what consistutes an attractive man differs from what a typical man defines as proper for a man to look like and "manly." Perhaps, then, women are a little more into androgyny than men on average, because men and women have different standards of what is attractive in a man on average.

That's just my attempt at answering a difficult question, though. Certainly some women like really "manly" women, but also there does seem to be a large subset of women out there who prefer more "androgynous" looks, even if we don't call them that.

An androgynous woman would be a woman with a set of hips that are like a man's, or basically not very wide. Not very large breasts in comparison to the rest of her body fat content. Quite tall, 5 feet and 6 inches tall, or plenty taller. Having a fair amount of body and/or facial hair. The presence of an Adam's Apple(a surprising amount of women have this quite prominently). A more angular than round face.

Not all of them required, but some mixture of these things is androgynous. The only feminine feature I seem to like all across the board is round faces.

Heh. That's about as far as I got :P.

Was eating at a fancy restaurant a while back celebrating my father's birthday when a random old lady commented on how androgynous me and my brothers looked. Didn't have a clue on if I was being complimented or something else.

Question popped back into my head when I read your reply. But I guess it'll have to remain a mystery.

Of little importance overall but nothing wrong with a bit of curiosity I reckon.

Thanks for your answer though :).

At least it seems I learned that I can appreciate a few androgynous features although the height preference is more out of practicality.

Good thing not all girls like beards, because I'd be shit outta luck if they did. I can't get a full beard, my mutton chops are non-existent. I can grow a goatee and a mo, but I don't like to... At times I've thought about going the Stark...

... but that's all I'd do.

I have a deep set phobia of beards so I'm entirely prejudiced when I say I can't stand a man with facial hair. However, I've asked a few of my friends whether they'd prefer a guy to have facial hair or none, and only my mother said she liked her men to have beards :|

Mostly, no. I generally dislike all facial hair. For some guys it is attractive, it does work, but usually it's guy with like hair just around the mouth or something like that. Maybe a goatee. I never like straight up mustaches and bears.

But...fuzz on the other hand. Yeah a guy with a little five o'clock shadow...for some reason I don't know why, but that's just extremely sexy to me.

As a guy who likes guys I'm answering this anyway, because fuck you all.

I don't like beards. I mean full-on beards. I hate those. It's an instant no-no with me. I like guys with those things... I don't what they're technically called. You know, when a guy has a little patch of hair just below his bottom lip. I love those things, but I don't know why. They just look awesome. 9 times out of 10 they make a hot guy even hotter.

My girlfriend commands what I'd call hipster stubble. Which i'm reaaaally not keen on.

And the fact that I'm 21 and I can't grow a beard. Moustaches are fine, they grow real bushy, but no beards as of yet :(

Yes, actually, though I prefer well-trimmed beards or goatees.

I tend to have a beard most of the time, simply because I can't be arsed shaving. Right now it's quite short and civilized for my new job, but at times it's full-on Viking.

I am a homosexual female. However, someone once asked me what I would do if a gun were placed to my head and the instructions "fuck a man of your choice or die" issued to me. Ultimately, I decided that my first choice would be John Goodman as seen in The Big Lebowski, pictured here about to introduce a sporting opponent to a world of pain.

So I suppose that that means that my preference is indeed toward men with facial hair. However, there is that big looming asterisk leading to the footnote of me not liking men at all, and Walter Sobchak just being the male sexual experience I'd despise the least.

A proper beard? Yuck. I find many variations of stubble attractive though. It all depends on the guy I suppose and what suits their face though.

My girlfriend hates it when I don't shave (which happens frequently, since I'm a little forgetful about that kind of thing), although last night, in the middle of her sentence telling me off for not shaving, she stopped and went "Actually, with that jacket, your stubble looks pretty damn hot right now." As soon as the jacket came off, she went back to hating it (but weirdly went back to liking it when I didn't have a shirt on). So basically, if I plan to not shave, I have to have a specific outfit to go with it so I don't get mauled.

Also, as a guy, I'm of the opinion that facial hair is pretty damn awesome.

Yes, but only if they are NICE beards. Not those stupid pencil mustaches, and you have to be able to rock said beard and maintain it. I also enjoy the 5 o clock stubble thing, only because I like the feeling when I rub my hand against it. Every time my friend gets a buzz cut, I have to rub my hand against it. Love it.

Facial hair is sexy~! (on men)

I'm a very hairy person so I look silly without my beard. I haven't had any women complain about my facial hair yet. Though I have to ask, why all the neck-beard hate? You should never doubt the neck-beard for it chooses its own fate from day to day!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked