Unpopular Opinions

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 26 NEXT

Drudgelmir:
A pretty tame one by comparison to most of the posts here;
I believe that if someone I dislike dies I should be able to continue vocalising my thoughts after their death.
Q.E.D.
My P.E. teacher killed himself when I was at school, I hated that prick. He ridiculed me, took the side of the bullies and gave me detention for refusing to do forward rolls (yes really (at 6'10" they're not easy to do)
I continued vocalising my thoughts after his death and even people that didn't like him suddenly started remembering him in a fond light, what fucking hypocrisy is that?

Another of my views is that...
Being bullied for being gay or of a different race does not make you special. Bullying someone for something they can't change is wrong regardless of what that thing is, and just because you're a gay, black, polish hindu (not actually happened but exaggerated for comic effect) does not mean you should get special treatment and that all bullying should be dealt with with the same punishment and detest.
These people don't bully because they're being bullied, they're just pieces of shit that need to be dealt with quickly and forgotten about.

Also;
As an Englishman,
The French, American, Indian and German cultures are fascinating and to be respected.

Brad Shepard:
My unpopular opinion? More then liklely the first comment I ever got crap over on this site, that Suicide is the cowards way out.

Damn right. And I've seen the trauma it leaves behind, for them it's over but the hurt it causes for others is insane.

Hate crimes exist not because the victim is special for being some minority but because if I kill a black guy by lynching i'm not only targeting that one guy, i'm sending a message to EVERY black guy that you're not welcome and I have the right of it because I can string up some innocent black guy and get away with it. The law is there because hate crimes don't target an individual but his entire community. They're absolutely necessary.

Scorpid:

Drudgelmir:
A pretty tame one by comparison to most of the posts here;
I believe that if someone I dislike dies I should be able to continue vocalising my thoughts after their death.
Q.E.D.
My P.E. teacher killed himself when I was at school, I hated that prick. He ridiculed me, took the side of the bullies and gave me detention for refusing to do forward rolls (yes really (at 6'10" they're not easy to do)
I continued vocalising my thoughts after his death and even people that didn't like him suddenly started remembering him in a fond light, what fucking hypocrisy is that?

Another of my views is that...
Being bullied for being gay or of a different race does not make you special. Bullying someone for something they can't change is wrong regardless of what that thing is, and just because you're a gay, black, polish hindu (not actually happened but exaggerated for comic effect) does not mean you should get special treatment and that all bullying should be dealt with with the same punishment and detest.
These people don't bully because they're being bullied, they're just pieces of shit that need to be dealt with quickly and forgotten about.

Also;
As an Englishman,
The French, American, Indian and German cultures are fascinating and to be respected.

Brad Shepard:
My unpopular opinion? More then liklely the first comment I ever got crap over on this site, that Suicide is the cowards way out.

Damn right. And I've seen the trauma it leaves behind, for them it's over but the hurt it causes for others is insane.

Hate crimes exist not because the victim is special for being some minority but because if I kill a black guy by lynching i'm not only targeting that one guy, i'm sending a message to EVERY black guy that you're not welcome and I have the right of it because I can string up some innocent black guy and get away with it. The law is there because hate crimes don't target an individual but his entire community. They're absolutely necessary.

Relax, I meant by no means that dealing with crimes against minorities is not important. And I said nothing about hate crime laws.
My issue is people being bullied because of something they can't change and this applies in every case including race, sex, nationality, age, height etc. When it targets a community I accept that is bad, but I meant individuals. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Not being sexist, but I've not found one female comedian that I've found even remotely funny. In all the sitcoms I've watched, it's never been the females that have made me laugh. Are women just incapable of comedy? I'm genuinely asking this.

If I kill a black guy and there is no way for the government prove that it was racially motivated, lets say fit of rage over a bar fight, I won't get a harsher sentence for the fact he was black. Also bulling has been charged as a hate crime for the same reason, but not nearly as often.

Sacman:

TheDrunkNinja:

Well done, sir. I have thought the same many times.

Enough with the doom and gloom, people!

...<.<

...>.>

..... Awesome sax.....

Relish in Chaos:
Not being sexist, but I've not found one female comedian that I've found even remotely funny. Can women just not do comedy?

If you're talking about Lisa Lampenelli oh you're not alone she's probably one of the least funny active big name comedians I know.

-Dr. Who is a mediocre show at best and fucking terrible at worst.

-There should be few limits on what people can own in regards to firearms.

-After spending some years growing up near a native reserve in Canada, I really can't bring myself to give a fuck about what happens to them.

-I think Transgenderism is not an "acceptable lifestyle choice", but a mental illness and should be treated as such.

-Open doors immigration is a fucking retarded policy and immigrants who commit serious crimes should be deported.

-Concerts suck.

-I'm more entitled to my money than other people. Not unpopular, but other people seem to think different.

Autism is a terrible thing to have or live with and anyone who praises the disorder as a good thing or even an evolution of humanity is most likely misguided or off in the head.

I do not care about any savants it may come with, but I have been around people with aspergers long enough to know that they are pretty much living a very miserable existence as I had to be around these types of people for years and I wish I could have those years back to be honest.

I mean they have to grow up pretty much being the most unlikable people on the planet due to their lack of ability to get out of their shell if things they like and constantly having this bizarre superiority complex as there is no one more of a douche than an aspie. I bet they feel like they can't say anything right and deep inside have low self confidence as a consequence as this, but at this point sympathy from me for them is near-impossible for me because rarely do they ever actually try to fix their problems and only seem to beat themselves up over their problems.

How is this in anyways evolution? If this is than humanity is going to have some serious issues down the road because autism pretty much gips off one of the most important aspects of people, the expression of ideas and cooperation to make great things. Autistics rarely cooperate and often keep to themselves or are stone headed to the point where they shut out anyone with new ideas or different ideas just because "they don't like them" and not giving any better reason than that while often expressing themselves in a very poor fashion and never improving on it.

edit

Double Post

Relish in Chaos:
Not being sexist, but I've not found one female comedian that I've found even remotely funny. In all the sitcoms I've watched, it's never been the females that have made me laugh. Are women just incapable of comedy? I'm genuinely asking this.

I agree the majority of female comedians are awful, Bridesmaids anyone? there are some that I like, Jessica Stevenson wrote Spaced and shappi khorsandi and sarah millican can be quite funny.

*Erects Flame Fortress*...

I hate Elitists. And not just PC Elitist, but Console Idiots. Y'know, those people who go along the lines of "PC IS SO MUCH BETTAR!1! I MEEN LUK AT THE GRAFFIXX AND MODZZ!!! CONSOLES R FOR RETARDS!!1!", and those people who go along the lines of "ECKS-BAWKS/PS3/WII FTW LOLOL, UR (Rivaling Console) SUX!1 AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON PC!!". I play both and they are both very fun. Consoles are no better or worse than PC than Chocolate is to Vanilla.

Prepare to flame me, but here are my opinions:

I believe anyone who is mentally retarded (Brain dead, people with downs syndrome, fundamentalists) should be put down, not because of there disability but because unless they become the next Albert Einstein, they contribute nothing to society. They are a waste of time and money both for our education system and the people who take care of them. Except for autism, I have autism and can complete in 5 hours what takes people 5 days. The human race needs this trait

I am against the death penalty: I believe instead that death row prisoners should be given life sentences and EXPERIMENTED on. Since they are not leaving anyway, imagine how many diseases and disabilities we can cure with experimentation. You are probably thinking "Dude that's inhumane." or "They have rights too!", No they don't: They forfeited those rights the instant they committed the life sentence crime.

I believe anyone who willfully denies scientific evidence and logic in favor of religion should be exported to some far off prisoner colony. I have my own beliefs of an afterlife, but the difference between me and religious people is I keep my beliefs to MYSELF.

I believe that there should be a law restricting the stupid and religious from reproducing. Society and the human race in general have no need for the willfully ignorant and the stupid.

Go ahead, hit me with your best shot

hulksmashley:
*Dresses in a fire fighter's suit, and puts up flame shield.*

My unpopular opinion is that I believe atheists are just as close minded as the christians they claim to hate. Really? You only believe in something you can logically prove? You don't think there is anything in the entire universe that might be beyond your comprehension? You are so smart you can understand everything that has ever been?

Really?

They try to be logical, but it comes off as arrogance to me.

Another unpopular opinion, is that science and religion don't conflict. They are fundamentally different, and are answering fundamentally different questions. Science is answering the "How?" Religion is answering the "Who?" and the "Why?" questions. I don't see why people have a problem with it.

*Hides in corner and hopes for no responses with mean curse words in them.*

There are alot of asshole atheists and alot of asshole theists, ive probably called more atheists dicks than theists because while theist propagators come across as condecending with their trying to save me atleast it comes fron the right place (most of the time), reddits atheism page is a fine example of know it all arsehole circle jerking each other.

I think THE defining characteristic of atheism is the ability to say i dont know and be ignorant and have the ability to change your views. Whats the point in saying im sceptical if you are unwilling to turn that inward and critically assess your beliefs and end up being more ignorant and fundamentalist than those damn theists you despise

What happened before or during the big bang? i dont know.

How did life start? I dont know ect

But religion rubs me the wrong way because it makes a virtue out of this ignorance and calls it faith and then exploits people by taking their wealth and forcing them to submit to an authority that shouldn't exist.

Also theism and science dont collide, but scriptures proclaiming knowledge that conflicts definitely do.

OT: I think wage labour is a mechanism designed to keep the poor, poor while increasing the wealth of the rich.

I think Noam Chomsky is a genius and is correct on political matters 99% of the time

Ron Paul sucks, deal with it

I don't hate right libertarians (only controversial to those on the left). Who knows. Archanocapitalism might work, but i can never see it being implemented without it being abused.

If you describe yourself as a democrat or a republican or a conservative or labor ect then you are an idiot.

Scotland should be independent.

Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1

I believe that there is not a divine law that says lavatory seat must always be down. I believe that if sometimes I have to lift it up it will not kill you to sometimes have to put it back down again.

Try being the only man in a house full of women while holding that opinion and you will see just how unpopular it can be :o/ lol

I don't think EA are the most evil company in the world, in the grand scale of things they aren't that bad.
I just don't enjoy PC games sitting at a desk is too much like work, and I don't really like strategy or hardcore fps games either so there isn't much I can't just do on console on my massive bean bag of win...

oh and i really liked dragon age 2, never played the first \o/

Internet atheists are way, way more annoying than Christians. And infinitely more preachy and arrogant. The belief that through simply being atheist you are somehow superior and smarter than all those sheeple-Christians is beyond retarded. The "but christians killed a lot of pplz in the middle ages!!!!11" and "but religion caused 9/11!!1!!" arguments are also retarded, because this is about as true as saying "The Catcher in the Rye leads to celebrity murders". People and their stupid interpretations are at fault, not religion as a concept. And whenever I hear an atheist say they "believe in science", I ask them if they could recite the second law of thermodynamics, or at least explain the theorem of Pythagoras. They usually can't. All this is coming from an atheist, mind you, I just think that the don't-stick-your-beliefs-up-my-throat thing goes both ways.

The military are contract killers for their government, no matter how they justify and rationalize what they do.

All drugs should be legalized, even the hard ones, and their distribution should be controlled by the government. It wouldn't affect the amount of the addicted in any significant way. The amount of OD's, however, would go down significantly due to the government making sure only the clean product is distributed. Also, the organized crime loses a whole venue of income, and thus no more shit like Pablo Escobar's reign of terror or Mexican cartel wars. The key thing is strict governmental control of quality and so forth so as to avoid unnecessary health risks. Drug contraband, of course, must be made absolutely impossible. But, naturally, the first country to implement all this gets to see their parliament building burned down on the first day all this takes effect, because most people are stupid and retrograde.

I am a woman (To some that's not exactly correct) as a transgendered person with papers that have a F on them (Not an M), i should be treated as such. I couldn't give an F what my genes say. People who get hung up on genetics saying exactly what we are have a narrow-minded, tunnel-vision view of the world.

Everyone- regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, socio-economic background should be treated with equality and consideration.

Pot should be legal.

I HATE the star wars prequels, and the transformers movies. They are terrible.

Ron Paul has SOME good ideas, but too few to be a good president.

The GOP scares me with how extreme many of them are now.

I am spiritual, not religious... I don't believe in A god... just the forces of nature.

cats are better than dogs

World of Warcraft (and blizzard by default) are terrible (now). They have gotten lazy, and repetitive. While other companies are trying new things, sadly the brain washed masses are loyal to their overlord masters, and too ignorant to give anything else a try.

Shooters are ruining gaming.

Anyone on any form of government assistance should be force into drug testing, and manual labor. If physically unable then data entry or some sort.

ALL reality tv shows should be banned. Especially the "talent" shows. If you have real talent submit demos and hope a label picks you up. Like real artist do.

Abortion should be a woman's choice and no others, she has to carry it, she decides.

I believe child molesters should be put to death.

hip hop hasn't been "good" in 25 years..maybe 20.

Pearl Jam was the ONLY good band to come from Seattle (In that era).

The US needs to cut it's military spending in HALF, we'd still out number everyone on the planet combined.

Marriage should be taken away from being a religious institution (Because it's not), it should be a contract between two people with clearly defined terms. That way anyone of age can be married.

All three x men movies were terrible, with 1 being the least terrible. First class was great!

I think Obama is a good president, he's trying to do what he thinks is right for the people.

People with a dissenting opinion from mine have the right to have it, but not the right to attack me, or insult me for mine.

Melanie McGreevey:

Pot should be legal.

Whoa, slow down there, bro, I've never seen an opinion more unpopular than these two.

eevangoh:

Melanie McGreevey:

Pot should be legal.

Whoa, slow down there, bro, I've never seen an opinion more unpopular than these two.

lol just how i feel.

Melanie McGreevey:

lol just how i feel.

Are you fucking serious?

You cannot under any circumstances forfeit your rights, they are not able to be taken away regardless of what you have done.

Just because you contribute nothing does not make you a bad person.

I am undecided on my opinion of the death penalty however if it is enacted it must be a utility meant to protect people from dangerous individuals re-offending, not a form of punishment. In fact all laws and imprisonments must exist to protect the public, not punish criminals. Prisons should be more about rehabilitation, not persecution.

There is no such thing as being too far gone.

eevangoh:

Melanie McGreevey:

lol just how i feel.

Are you fucking serious?

it's called sarcasm..get over it.

Rikomag132:

DarkRyter:

Rikomag132:

It may be extreme, but I agree. Earth is ridiculously overpopulated by humans, and it is really taxing on it's resources. Global warming would also be easier to counteract, seeing as we wouldn't have as many people driving around in cars, and not as many people using power (as in electricity). If there aren't as many people to supply with power we might just be able to survive on renewable energy (I may have used the wrong word, if so, solar power, wind and such), which would lower pollution A LOT.

OT: 1st world countries are assholes. 1st world countries are the main reason for global warming.

Notice how the first world countries are the ones who produce the most Co2. Also notice how almost all of the huge Co2 producers are located North of Equator. Guess where the global warming has the highest effect. That's right, south of Equator. We make the shit, the others have to deal with it's effect (for now).

How in balls name is China NOT red as a cherry?

Because China doesn't have a very large Co2 emission. In 2011 it only had 5,3 metric tons.

I respond with this chart I pulled off Wikipedia

According to their numbers (from 2008), at about 7 million metric tons, China had the most CO2 emissions, beating the US by about 1.5 million metric tons. China's growing industrial base puts out tons of pollution, and the only reason I can think of for why China would be so low on your chart is if it was done with per capita numbers and China's massive population drove their figure down.

First: All ideologues (whether political, religious, or what have you) are idiots who do not engage in legitimate critical analysis of their own beliefs and as such cannot contribute anything meaningful to a discussion on a relevant topic. As such, they should be instantly ignored by everyone else. This means much of the Republican party should probably just be ignored. Many Democrats probably are guilty of this too, but my big qualm with the Democrats is that they're not as cohesive of a party as the Republicans and can't get shit done much of the time.

Next: all people who try ti justify opposition to gay rights or gays in general are stuck in a backwards, outdated, irrelevant, ignorant, bigoted mindset and have no place espousing their beliefs in public. Such thinking--"this group of people is different, so we can fuck with their rights"--should have been left behind long, long ago. Preferably sometime around the dawn of humanity.

Next: Canada is not real.

Next: Richard Dawkins and his ilk are ignorant, belligerent, close-minded morons who don't know that much about the religions they claim to oppose so intensely. Their stance of "oppose religion everywhere" and "religion is the root of all evil" and whatnot is the exact same rhetoric used against atheists by many more religious people/groups. Further, their refusal to accept and extreme condescension towards anything religiuos indicates that they don't actually want to engage in any sort of discussion, they don't want to talk about anything of real substance, they just want to take their biases and force them on the rest of the population while seeming "holier-than-thou" and wiser than the rest of the population just because they don't think God is real or that religion is a good thing. Fuckheads. (Yes, I realize I'm being condescending and coming off as offhandedly dismissing here, but I don't care to type out my response to this accusation).

Melanie McGreevey:

I don't think those are unpopular opinions. Most Star Wars fans seem to hate the prequels with a passion (see MovieBob's The Phantom Menace review), and it's generally agreed upon that the Transformers films were terrible.

Melanie McGreevey:
I am a woman (To some that's not exactly correct) as a transgendered person with papers that have a F on them (Not an M), i should be treated as such. I couldn't give an F what my genes say. People who get hung up on genetics saying exactly what we are have a narrow-minded, tunnel-vision view of the world.

So people who use science are wrong because it doesn't agree with you? No, I completely disagree.

I don't think homosexuality is genetic whatsoever. I think it's a lame excuse that the LGBTQ community uses to force acceptance. I don't think it matters one bit if it is or isn't genetic, and they should be accepted anyway, but I think humans are genetically built hetero, and that environmental factors make one a homosexual.

Considering there is no accepted proof of it being genetic so far, it's actually very possible that I'm 100% right.

eevangoh:
Internet atheists are way, way more annoying than Christians. And infinitely more preachy and arrogant. The belief that through simply being atheist you are somehow superior and smarter than all those sheeple-Christians is beyond retarded. The "but christians killed a lot of pplz in the middle ages!!!!11" and "but religion caused 9/11!!1!!" arguments are also retarded, because this is about as true as saying "The Catcher in the Rye leads to celebrity murders". People and their stupid interpretations are at fault, not religion as a concept. And whenever I hear an atheist say they "believe in science", I ask them if they could recite the second law of thermodynamics, or at least explain the theorem of Pythagoras. They usually can't. All this is coming from an atheist, mind you, I just think that the don't-stick-your-beliefs-up-my-throat thing goes both ways.

While I do agree that many internet Atheists are fucking insufferable, I don't think it's quite true to say they're all worse than internet Christians. This place is a good example (there are some nasty atheist quotes on there too, though).

Th3Ch33s3Cak3:
I think that universal healthcare is a good idea.
I think that the price of college in the U.S is too high.

The popularity of these statements depend on where you live. If my country decided to copy America's health-care and education system, its entire population would explode in pure rage.

Naeo:

Canada is not real.

What?

Naeo:

Next: Richard Dawkins and his ilk are ignorant, belligerent, close-minded morons who don't know that much about the religions they claim to oppose so intensely. Their stance of "oppose religion everywhere" and "religion is the root of all evil" and whatnot is the exact same rhetoric used against atheists by many more religious people/groups. Further, their refusal to accept and extreme condescension towards anything religiuos indicates that they don't actually want to engage in any sort of discussion, they don't want to talk about anything of real substance, they just want to take their biases and force them on the rest of the population while seeming "holier-than-thou" and wiser than the rest of the population just because they don't think God is real or that religion is a good thing. Fuckheads. (Yes, I realize I'm being condescending and coming off as offhandedly dismissing here, but I don't care to type out my response to this accusation).

Amen.

Okay, here I go:

Euthanasia should be only used in exterme cases, you only get one life.

There are a lot of things that we don't know with science and what we have is out Best Guess thing, we have come a long way but there's still a way to go to the truth.

People should get out of organised religion and find God themselves that listen to a priest read out words.

Marijuana should be legalised, but not the 'street' versions that have been alterated. Marijuana from the plant.

Israel should get out of Palestine and be transported to Mars where they won't bother people.

Melanie McGreevey:

Yeah, I don't get it. It's like some people would rather bite off their own tongue than use a different pronoun than the one you are assigned to by your genes. It doesn't hurt them in any way, so I dont see why they get all bent out of shape about it.

Melanie McGreevey:

All three x men movies were terrible, with 1 being the least terrible. First class was great!

I kinda liked the first two X-men movies, but I agree on First Class! Magneto and Proffessor X had a serious bromance going on in that film. <3

OT: I'm a feminist. Thats a pretty flipping unpopular opinion to have on this site.

That Kony 2012 stuff? Disregard most of the Kony argument for a second, but that's where it came up. But I overheard people saying we can't exactly invade because Kony has child soldiers with him and we might kill one. Now hang on a second...

We really can't attack an army because it has child soldiers? Doesn't that just tell every warlord out there to gather the kids and give them AK's because we're to afraid to shoot a kid? If it has a gun and wants to shoot at us, we should return the favour. I'm all in favour of killing enemy child soldiers.

*flame shield up*

Call of Duty is a good franchise, and Activision is the best company out there. They should partner up with EA and make Call Of Battlefield.

*Starts running for life*

No but in all seriousness, all I can really think of right now is within the gaming area. An unpopular opinion from that would be.. I don't like Mario. In the slightest. I've tried it, and I have never liked a single game. I don't know why, it just doesn't fit well with me.

hulksmashley:
I realize these are responses to things posted pages ago on this thread, but I was busy taking a 9 hour long engineering licensing exam yesterday and was to exhausted to respond. (A side note that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I just really really want to say it: FUCK YEAH THAT STUPID EXAM IS OVER WITH!!!!!!!!)

That exam was fucking horrible. I took the FE exam yesterday to. What discipline did you take in the afternoon?
Sorry to go off topic.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked