32% (192)
32% (192)
Not press the button
67.5% (405)
67.5% (405)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Would you press the button

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I couldn't. Eliminating around 15% of this country's population for my little friend is seriously messed up.

I'd never think of it if the only intention was to have a slightly higher chance with girls - that seems stupidly desperate.

However, this sounds like a somewhat rash yet tempting way to partially solve the earths problem with over-population (its not like Im murdering them all - I'm rewriting history so they never existed in the first place), not to mention a lot of other things if I can specify which people (criminals, etc). So for that reason, Id consider it. But for the reason the OP is implying? Definitely not.

cyrogeist:
]

Colour-Scientist:
If it killed the all the ugly, fat, females? Then hell fuckin' yes. Otherwise... no.

so basically if they don't give you a hard-on then they should die?
no offence but that's equally fucked up.

You quoted the wrong person there. Unless I have some sort of subconscious, male alter-ego that posted that.

I can't deny that this would be an effective strategy. If there's one thing that gets the ladies hot, it's people who committed genocide for incredibly selfish reasons!

As Terry Pratchett said "If there was a button in a remote cave that said 'DO NOT PRESS! END OF WORLD BUTTON!!' it wouldn't have time for the paint to dry!"

I'd press it. IF only to see what happened.

Sure why not. And if i never existed i wouldn't care either way. Or perhaps never existed to have pressed the button in the first place.

Wannazzaki's head explodes due to paradox.

CODE-D:
Okay so theres this hypothetical button and you happen to be next to it.
If you press this button, 30% of (your gender)s will disappear from (your country) into nonexistence(as if they never did).
1. If pressing this button almost ensured youd get more attention from (the opposite of your gender) because yours was now more rare or rather just not as abundant, would you?
It may also rid the world of many people in that gender you dont like
or
2. It could be you?
3. What do you do?

1. Nope.
2. More reason not to press the button.
3. Destroy the button.

only a truely evil and idiotic person would press that button. unless it was big, red and said do not press then its understandable

No. Of course not. It would be interesting, but no. Mass murder. Shouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.

Misanthropic people make me misanthropic.
Well actually they don't because I'm a functional human being.

Why do all misanthropic people tend to be privileged, white, middle class guys?

I wouldn't press the button. I get enough lovin' as it is and being a genocidal cunt isn't exactly what I aspire to be.

Humanity sucks and teenagers suck.

However, you'd have to be the most egotistical dick to actually push that button and deny millions the chance at life, just because you have that outlook.

Think about all the partners, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, teachers, drivers, doctors etc. who just vanished!

Yes I would.

What button am I pushing and why am I pushing it?

Patrick Buck:
No. Of course not. It would be interesting, but no. Mass murder. Shouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.

Its not murder if they never existed.

Better to be the one pushing the button as to be one of the 30% that could potentially erase YOU.

Merely a survival outlook - the gender ratio is kind of moot as I've already met my lady

Nope, I would not press the button.
I don't get too much attention at the moment but that doesn't bother me, Won't kill 30% of about 2.5 million people (almost 850 000 guys, vanishing). Nope...

Hey, if you press the button and are an hermaphrodite, does that mean you only wipe out other hermaphrodites, or both genders? I'm just sayin'.....
I'd press the button, but only if it would kill the 30% of people better looking than me, or if I was in a bad mood or if it was thursday. And, Whats to say it doesn't kill all the ugly dudes and I become the worlds least attractive guy? Meh, this entire thing seems kind of petty, and I hope I don't have to do it Irl.

I have a couple of questions. A. Will I know what the button will do if I press it? And B) It'll be like the people who disappear never existed, right? So nobody would have any memories of them?

Of course, if I knew what it was going to do, there's no way I would press the button. I do okay when it comes to male attention (I'm a girl who games, likes sports and who works in a male-dominated industry; I've already got an advantage).

Xan Krieger:
As someone who said yes and that I would hit the button 3 times to remove 90% of men I wouldn't call it evil, I'd call it really desperate. I'm 22 and I've never been on a date. Like half of the people I graduated high school with have kids or are married. The loneliness crushes me so I voted yes.

Forever alone meme? Seriously, man, it's no big deal. 22 isn't that old, and I've only been on a few dates and had 2 sexual encounters, all with women I didn't like. If I could, I'd likely want to take them back. Finding an interesting woman can be hard, just be patient. Also, with 90% of men getting wiped out, you'd have a 1 in 10 chance of NOT being eliminated yourself.

Also, is that a screencap of Crysis in your avatar?

Every time someone asks a question like this I just read through the OP to make sure that the button doesn't directly ruin things for me...and then I press it. What? I like buttons.

I would not press the button as I am married and have the only attention I require. I would however not press the button even if I were not married as I have never had an issue getting the attention I require.

CODE-D:

Patrick Buck:

Its not murder if they never existed.

But no... I would know they have existed, and I know I caused them to go. I wouldn't know them, I wouldn't have seen them die, but I would have caused it. In other people's opinion maybe, it wouldn't be murder, but to me, I might as well have killed them myself. I think of myself as a bit of a dick, but not That much, just to get laid...

I'd do it, not for girls but for the opportunities for power and promotion.

Broes before hoes. Its a principal.

I can't believe we've gone the entire thread about debating this, and no one has bothered to give the Button we can all press:

C'mon, just one little click won't hurt

oh, damn. didn't read the post before choosing. I saw press the button and of course i did. if there is a button to be pressed then I will. unless I know that if I press it something terrible will happen.

Slayer_2:

Xan Krieger:
As someone who said yes and that I would hit the button 3 times to remove 90% of men I wouldn't call it evil, I'd call it really desperate. I'm 22 and I've never been on a date. Like half of the people I graduated high school with have kids or are married. The loneliness crushes me so I voted yes.

Forever alone meme? Seriously, man, it's no big deal. 22 isn't that old, and I've only been on a few dates and had 2 sexual encounters, all with women I didn't like. If I could, I'd likely want to take them back. Finding an interesting woman can be hard, just be patient. Also, with 90% of men getting wiped out, you'd have a 1 in 10 chance of NOT being eliminated yourself.

Also, is that a screencap of Crysis in your avatar?

I think primarily it's peer pressure, when you see all your friends married and with kids it's that desire to fit in, being a virgin in your 20s seems to be looked down on. Every girl I tried to get to date me refused me so I've been rejected a lot.

Also yes, good eyes. It's the part where you first notice how part of the island is frozen (and there's a bunch of dead North Koreans).

Mick Golden Blood:

Revnak:
Considering the OP at one point said this wasn't murder, I am going to assume that pushing this button sends them to the elemental plane of hookers. Also seeing as the OP refused to clarify whether or not I could be part of the 30%, I'm going to call this a win-epic win scenario.

On a serious note, no, because I am not a psychopath, nor a narcissist, nor a desperate freak. I'll get the sexy time when I'm good and ready, I'm just not ready yet. /falseconfidence

Mick Golden Blood:
evil and good are just illusions. There is no right or wrong, only goals to be met by whatever means you deem within means, or whatever kind of philosophy you happen to have.

One is not better than the other. It's like trying to convince a guy who likes fat chicks over skinny chicks. It's just a preference, and neither of you are wrong for it.

You say evil I say lemon.

Mick Golden Blood:
"I would kill approximately 75% of scum in my country, all males, yes, but they are 75% scum, so although I would obviously have better chance of getting laid, I would mainly do it for the good of the world in general."

Psuedo-nihilists always amuse me (or are you a psuedo-moral relativist?). Saying your actions would in the end be for the greater good then saying there is no evil. Ha! You can't have it both ways man, unless there's some pretty kinky stuff going on that I do not and may not want to know about. Maybe.

Wow, you totally missed the point. Or purposefully so... trolol? anyways, yes I can have it both ways, actually.

I told you, there is no good or evil, but means of accomplishing your goals. If my goal is to make the world a better place for those that live on it, then this would be a good start, I lower the population that creates deficits socially, thus increasing the general happiness of individuals in my country, plus less competition for jobs and obviously less competition for women.

Quality of life increases exponentially.

Ah, well then you aren't that easy to classify. So I will outline some issues with your goal.
1. You don't know that the only people that will be eliminated will be douches.
2. You're assuming men are more likely to be jackasses than women, which is a matter of opinion you have yet to give an argument in support of from what I have seen.
3. What about the decent or necessary people? If they will have simply never existed than it is way too difficult to make a valid argument as to what would happen, and if they simply up and disappear then it's going to be really awesome watching planes fall out of the air and 30% of the individuals in government positions suddenly have to be replaced. Once again, the possible consequences are too crazy to make a valid argument as to whether it would in the end be useful.
4. You have yet to make an argument as to what makes the vast majority of people so terrible. If I follow my own anecdotal evidence, I would say that the majority of men do not suck.

SirBryghtside:
Not the proper definition of manslaughter there.

Good, because I wasn't defining manslaughter, I merely used it as an example.

I happened to quote the section with manslaughter, doesn't mean I am talking specifically about that word.

Woodsey:
(Likewise, sarcasm doesn't become apparent just because what they're saying is completely retarded; it has to have some degree of intonation, which is always non-existent whenever someone says "I could care less".)

I could care less. That means I could care less... but I won't.

Honestly I don't buy that. I still think that people want to say "I could care less, if it was possible" but everyone got too lazy to finish the sentence.

Xan Krieger:
I think primarily it's peer pressure, when you see all your friends married and with kids it's that desire to fit in, being a virgin in your 20s seems to be looked down on. Every girl I tried to get to date me refused me so I've been rejected a lot.

Also yes, good eyes. It's the part where you first notice how part of the island is frozen (and there's a bunch of dead North Koreans).

I agree, there is a huge pressure in our society for men to find and bang as many women as possible in their younger years, then settle down and support a family later on. However, take it from me, I'd rather be a virgin than have done what I did. Both times sucked (the first few usually do, I bet), and I didn't enjoy the company of any of the girls I've dated. It's worth the wait in my mind. Go with the flow, looking for someone doesn't really work.

Thought so, I'm actually working on a custom Crysis level as I type this, so it stood out. Man, I need to take a break from it.

ElPatron:

SirBryghtside:
Not the proper definition of manslaughter there.

Good, because I wasn't defining manslaughter, I merely used it as an example.

I happened to quote the section with manslaughter, doesn't mean I am talking specifically about that word.

Woodsey:
(Likewise, sarcasm doesn't become apparent just because what they're saying is completely retarded; it has to have some degree of intonation, which is always non-existent whenever someone says "I could care less".)

I could care less. That means I could care less... but I won't.

Honestly I don't buy that. I still think that people want to say "I could care less, if it was possible" but everyone got too lazy to finish the sentence.

I was just pointing out that actual sarcasm isn't said completely straight, I still think it's retarded.

Someone said "I couldn't care less" wrong and it's somehow gotten a foothold.

Well considering that in order to get attention I A) need to leave the house, B) be relatively attractive and C) not BETA AS FUCK, it wouldn't do a damn thing except have a good chance of eliminating some of my best bros.

SirBryghtside:

Capitano Segnaposto:

SirBryghtside:
Can't tell if trolling... or just psychopathic o.O

Seriously, some of these gorram answers...

How is that Psychopathic? Your in a thread where, if you pressed the button, 30% of your Gender (may or may not include you) will die. I said that I would press that button if it would kill the Fat, Ugly females.

Also, what is a Gorram?

It was kinda the implication that fat, ugly females are somehow 'lesser' than other ones, who you'd have a problem killing. Cue loleugenics.

Sounds pretty psychopathic to me.

And 'gorram' is slang from the TV show Firefly, meaning God damn, but with no religion involved.

So your a Firefly fanboy? Okay, I will just continue to ignore everything you say. It will help me keep my sanity.

Rule Number 27 (Taken from the Internet Handbook): Run from those who use fake slang like "Frick" or "Patagh!" or the ever so not clever "Bantha Fodder". Which is exactly what I shall do.

No, that's homicidal, its insane, how desperate would you have to be to kill 30% of the male population, that's hundreds of thousands of lives, millions in some countries

Colour-Scientist:

cyrogeist:
]

Colour-Scientist:
If it killed the all the ugly, fat, females? Then hell fuckin' yes. Otherwise... no.

so basically if they don't give you a hard-on then they should die?
no offence but that's equally fucked up.

You quoted the wrong person there. Unless I have some sort of subconscious, male alter-ego that posted that.

no i quoted you there...unless someone else got on your account then in that case i'm sorry
or i messed up HARD editing that...in that case i feel retarded! and also sorry

Gander attention from a whole slew of girls after I murder about 16% of the human race?

Um... Do something I don't want to get something I don't want? No, thanks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked