Other people's opinions you just can't accept! Everybody gets one!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Bloodtrozorx:
A debate that I had just yesterday "Korn is still relevant and making good music"

They have never and will never make good music nor be relevant to anyone who isn't a 13 year old Juggalo.

Your sir, just took Daystar's #1 spot on my list. I love Korn. I grew up listening to them. I met them at the Carolina Rebellion, they're nice guys. Prepare to rue the day you insulted Korn... Well, what are you waiting for? Start rue-ing.

People who complain about smoking..like when you see people walking past a smoking area and they start flailing their arm about and coughing..for gods sake..that must be some pair of lungs you have because these people are sucking it in..

Only been told this once.
"You can't be professional in (game title), because you don't have the genes for it"
I find this way of thinking very depressing. It's like giving up on a game before you've played it.

rutger5000:
Allas you're wrong. Smoking is not going to be an factor limiting your number of offspring. Besides I don't think the world is overcrowded anymore. Ghandi sat this: "The world has enough for everyones need, but for no ones greed." I believe this to be true even now, and also in the far future. We're are a clever species, we'll figure something out to make the heavily populated planet continue running as it is.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

I doubt that myself. I think it is much more likely that there will eventually be a mass famine due to our insatiable greed, resulting in a massively reduced population.

Khayl:
That Adolf Hitler is the Antichrist, the worst human ever to live,
and an unsuitable topic for discussion.

Sure i get that the dude did some pretty heavy stuff, and alot of people lost their lives to stop his ambitions (my own grandfather included), but that was almost a century ago.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, he was quite a great man. He turned a nation that had been humiliated in front of the whole world into an empire greater even than Julius Caesar's, Alexander the Greats, or even Napoleon.

But Ive learnt to keep this particular opinion to myself, for obvious reasons.
Im not a racist, im just interested in military history.

I would love an awesome game based on Nazi Germany. Sure, we have Company of Heroes, but you don't get to BE them, see things from their side. they are ''the enemy'' in just about every ww2 game.

Heres hoping that the next Creative Assembly title is Third Reich - Total War :)

Yea I lost all my Jewish friends because I told them that I read Mienkamph and felt more pity than hate for him afterwards. Dude had a rough early life. Can see why he turned out like he did.

Also Irn Bru tastes like stale piss. Would rather drink Monster than that crap.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Khayl:

Sure i get that the dude did some pretty heavy stuff, and alot of people lost their lives to stop his ambitions (my own grandfather included), but that was almost a century ago.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, he was quite a great man. He turned a nation that had been humiliated in front of the whole world into an empire greater even than Julius Caesar's, Alexander the Greats, or even Napoleon.

I would love an awesome game based on Nazi Germany. Sure, we have Company of Heroes, but you don't get to BE them, see things from their side. they are ''the enemy'' in just about every ww2 game.

Heres hoping that the next Creative Assembly title is Third Reich - Total War :)

Yea I lost all my Jewish friends because I told them that I read Mienkamph and felt more pity than hate for him afterwards. Dude had a rough early life. Can see why he turned out like he did.

I beg to differ, das Dritte Reich was definitely nowhere close to the magnitude of the Roman Empire.
The Roman Empire lasted much longer, covered more countries, etc.
Hitler wasn't even close to that, although he probably had an ego that would have gone well with a real empire.
Also, I respect your opinions, as far as opinions go, buuut imho, having a slightly harsh past does not excuse killing more than 6 million people.
There is no excuse for such athrocities, and nothing that happened to him is even close to being an excuse.

Opionions I can not accept:
1. Racism.
2. One sex is inherently superior.
3. Communism is the way to go.
4. Anarchy is the way to go.
5. Racism.
6. Sexism
7. Religious Fundemantalism trying to tell others how to run their lives.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Dexter sucks.

In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks. Even Spartacus. I see a lot of people loving that show, it just shows how shitty TV really is when that show is considered a stand out.

Theres my unpopular opinion. I never really say that anywhere else because hey, opinions and all that, but since this thread is specifically for those unacceptable and unpopular opinions :P

Also, I agree, Domino's is bad and anyone who likes eating there should feel bad, then get a real pizza and feel good again.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Dexter sucks.

In fact, name any TV show and theres a 99% chance it sucks. Even Spartacus. I see a lot of people loving that show, it just shows how shitty TV really is when that show is considered a stand out.

Theres my unpopular opinion. I never really say that anywhere else because hey, opinions and all that, but since this thread is specifically for those unacceptable and unpopular opinions :P

Also, I agree, Domino's is bad and anyone who likes eating there should feel bad, then get a real pizza and feel good again.

The Twilight Zone, Sopranos and Sons Of Anarchy are some really great TV-shows, your opinion be damned!

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Khayl:

Flames66:

rutger5000:
Allas you're wrong. Smoking is not going to be an factor limiting your number of offspring. Besides I don't think the world is overcrowded anymore. Ghandi sat this: "The world has enough for everyones need, but for no ones greed." I believe this to be true even now, and also in the far future. We're are a clever species, we'll figure something out to make the heavily populated planet continue running as it is.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

I doubt that myself. I think it is much more likely that there will eventually be a mass famine due to our insatiable greed, resulting in a massively reduced population.

That's from man in black right? You're right people are animals. I wouldn't call them dumb or dangerous, but we're just animals and under the wrnog conditions we can be dangerous. But that hardly matters now does it. Most accomplisments of humanity were in fact accomplisments of individuals or small groups of individuals. As long as intelligent individuals keep thinking about the problems of people, a status quo will remain.
When discussing an oncomming apocolips you'll have to realize that almost everyone before you was almost entirely wrong about it. Shortly before artificial fertilisers became widthspread people also predicted mass famine to come over the world in a decade or so. I think the exact same thing is happening now with genetically enhanced grops.

Also regarding Hitler. I wouldn't call the formation of the Third Reich a great achievement. It was a fluke that occured due to the failure of Brittain and France. It imploted within 15 years. Even when you're willing to be 'objective' and ignore that he treated millions and millions of humans to be bellow animals. Hitler was still a ignorant arrogant fool. He discarded many of the worlds greatest scientist and engineers, given his enemies a great advantage. He wasted many recources and manpower to destroy what could have been a slave-force, he fought through Russian winter, declared war on Russia and America, etc etc. Hitler was a mad men blinded by his own world view and misplaced feeling of supriority. No he was not a great man, and no his accomplisments weren't great.

American Beauty is a good film.

I don't care about anyone in that film, they are all complete morons who choose to sort the shit in their life out in the most retarded way imaginable.

I don't like Geaorge Carlin.

it's not that I disagree with all his views or don't find him funny it's just.....meh. :/

Pulp Fiction is Tarantino's best movie.
no you are wrong his best movie is Reservoir Dogs just for the Diner scene at the beginning of the movie Tarantino made a bunch of guys sitting and having a meal interesting. Hell Pulp Fiction is worse than Inglourious Basterds is better because again he made a bunch of men sitting in a bar exciting and tense. His movies don't have to be action packed his real skill is the ability to make scenes where people are sitting at talking to each other amazing to watch.

Secondly that its alright to bash on Nazi's because of all the terrors of a few. No im not a German i lost my Great Grandfather in that War and he was Australia just as i am but i can see why people can just be All Nazi's are the evil of earth. No like us they were People who died for other people, people they cared about just like our men did and they should be respected for defending those people.

Jack the Potato:

That Dominos is ever an acceptable place to get pizza from if there are other options. Don't even bother telling me you like Dominos, because that's incorrect. Dominos is inferior to just about every pizza place I've ever been to barring one or two. It's... edible I guess, but I don't care if it's a couple bucks cheaper, I will always be willing to pay a few bucks more for pizza that isn't shit. Their buffalo wings are awful too. Dry and over-breaded and lacking on sauce. Bleck. I will never accept that anyone considers Dominos to be worthwhile, and nothing anyone can say will convince me to do so.

So true, I hate Dominos and here in the UK it is expensive as fuck and still people choose it over the much cheaper and superior Pizza GoGo
If you live in the UK you owe it to yourself to try Pizza GoGo, everyone of my friends who tried it only go there now.

Mine is the idea that going out on a weekend and spending loads of cash on drinks and dancing to shitty music is a great way to spend your nights. I'm sorry but the blokes are always louts and the woman are short skirted shrieking idiots. Cannot see the appeal!

The war vs Casual gaming.

I'm sorry, but whenever an elitist starts an argument that says "Bwuh casual gaming is bad for the industry because BWUH", my ears wants to melt off. Look a game is a game. If mommy, grandma and that weird lady at the supermarket likes farmville, let them play farmville.

xXTheParadoxXx:
I'm not sure if this is exactly unpopular, but Americans cannot do TV comedy properly. All of their sitcoms are crap. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Father Ted, Spaced etc.

Maybe you just haven't seen Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Man this thread is going sour. Had to dig through a lot of shit to find something interesting.

But just to piss in this ocean of ripped intestine:

People that have the "opinion" (quoted 'cause it's not like it's theirs to choose) that evolution is 'just a theory' and therefore not actually true, and that global warming is leftist propaganda and no precaution and further scientific investigation is necessary.

And as a bonus because I just finished reading The Pale Blue Dot: The opinion that scoping out space and exploring alien worlds is a waste of money with no real world immediate benefits.

And to make it fit with current times, that projects like the Large Hadron Collider and the Chandra X-ray Observatory and similar is a waste of money with no real world immediate benefits.

bartholen:
Inglourious Basterds SUCKS and Quentin Tarantino is a smug, self-important prick who is so full of himself that he is just about to burst.

Awww... only one?

Omitting what you think of that movie, it's not an unpopular opinion you have on Tarantino. He is an arrogant prick. Everyone knows that. Hell if you walked up to him and said that to his face he'd probably agree.

Like, on the Pulp Fiction DVD, he recorded a short clip of himself presenting the movie to the viewer, and at one point he says (paraphrased): I'm not gonna do one of those director's cut things because I made my movie right the first time around

He gets away with it because he's a good filmmaker; No matter what you think of his films, the guy knows what he's doing.

The Dark Knight isn't as amazing as everyone says it is. It's a decent movie but only made so much money because of Ledger's death.

'I have an opinion hence you must accept it' or 'all opinions are equal'

Especially when someone uses this to protect their "opinion" on something factual e.g. 'Well my opinion is that the pyramids were more likely build by aliens then slaves' no, we have evidence to show that one is most likely correct so no matter how strong you "opinion" is that doesn't change fact. Its the same as no amount of incorrect people there doesn't make what they think is correct.

"I love the Big Bang Theory. It's so Funny!!!!"
My Reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=oep4mRpmrkQ

Any ignorance about the natural world; Denying evolution, Denying pollution, Thinking Artificially planted forests are good.

Xenophobia. Racism tends to deal with religions and different skin tones and noticeable facial differences. Xenophobia covers everything and includes neighbouring countries.

Welsh people who think the Queen should gtfo.
English people who think every other country in Britain is like England.

Smoking. I believe the people who smoke are weak willed. They probably started when they were young because they were forced to, or wanted to and cannot quit. Doesn't help when people light up in places you cannot escape; Waiting at a bus stop, sitting down on a PUBLIC bench eating food. If you are going to kill yourself slowly, AT LEAST HAVE CONSIDERATION FOR THOSE WHO DON'T.

rutger5000:
A Friend of mine believe Glee's version of creep by Radiohead to be better then the original. The only reason I didn't start to an argument was because he was gay, and they're allowed to have some quirks.

That's rather homophobic. You're implying that because of his sexuality, he's allowed immunity from his opinion being challenged. You imply homosexuals have quirks. In case you haven't noticed your whole life, everyone have their quirks. You also imply they are allowed as if some higher being dictates who is allowed to have a quirk and who isn't.

"I live on the internet and have never had an opportunity to enter into a sexual relationship, therefore I won't ever bother trying".
I don't want to be mean here but seriously, don't be so pathetic. It's not hard to find somebody. There is somebody for everyone. And sex is fun.

Live Life.

I cannot accept the belief that Steam sales "cheapen intellectual property." Looking at you, EA!

None. And i mean that. I accept every opinion in the world as valid.

What i don't accept, however, is people trying to enforce their opinion on others who doesn't want it.

For example, if Al-Queda wants to hate the USA or the west, i don't give a shit, but when they start their terrorist actions, then the Government gets an A-OK til kill the sons of bitches.

Tipsy Giant:

xXTheParadoxXx:
I'm not sure if this is exactly unpopular, but Americans cannot do TV comedy properly. All of their sitcoms are crap. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Father Ted, Spaced etc.

Or Louie, or the Life and Times of Tim, or the Simpsons, or Futurama, or South Park.

rutger5000:
A Friend of mine believe Glee's version of creep by Radiohead to be better then the original. The only reason I didn't start to an argument was because he was gay, and they're allowed to have some quirks.

That's rather homophobic. You're implying that because of his sexuality, he's allowed immunity from his opinion being challenged. You imply homosexuals have quirks. In case you haven't noticed your whole life, everyone have their quirks. You also imply they are allowed as if some higher being dictates who is allowed to have a quirk and who isn't.[/quote]Pretty sure he's not being serious dude.

So I guess that's an opinion I could mention: That anything is off limits to be joked about.

Spot1990:

Tipsy Giant:

xXTheParadoxXx:

Or Louie, or the Life and Times of Tim, or the Simpsons, or Futurama, or South Park.

Didn't like Louie, it felt too obvious, all the jokes were reused from some other shitty sitcom...... Shame cos his stand up is great!

People who say art has to be a specific way or it's not "real" art. My old art teacher gave me an F on a painting project just because I painted an outline on the main focus to make it stand out from the background. I did everything according to the guideline but he said "real art doesn't have outlines" WTF I think if you put energy and love into something you're making than it can be considered art.

I actually think that the newer episodes of The Simpsons are just as good as the old ones, they are all great, but there were some shitty episodes in the first 10 seasons as well. Episodes in the newer seasons like the WoW or Tow Truck, or just about every Treehouse of Horror

Young Earth Creationism.

Jack the Potato:
What are opinions of other people you encounter in your life that you can't bring yourself to say "well I'll just have to accept it" and instead flat out REFUSE to see how anyone could think that way?

Lemme just go ahead and BAR the easy ones like racism and also any that are political or religious (go to Religion and Politics for that shit).

And please, let's keep it civil here. Let's pretend our caps lock keys don't exist in this thread. :P

For me:

That Dominos is ever an acceptable place to get pizza from if there are other options. Don't even bother telling me you like Dominos, because that's incorrect. Dominos is inferior to just about every pizza place I've ever been to barring one or two. It's... edible I guess, but I don't care if it's a couple bucks cheaper, I will always be willing to pay a few bucks more for pizza that isn't shit. Their buffalo wings are awful too. Dry and over-breaded and lacking on sauce. Bleck. I will never accept that anyone considers Dominos to be worthwhile, and nothing anyone can say will convince me to do so.

EDIT: Changed the title to be more clear.

Only one? Eh okay.

Enough of the fucking pony hatred. You continuously bash people for liking MLP and calling us children, when you go right around and act like a bunch of children by whining about it. If it bugs you, ignore it. Don't go into a pony thread and bitch and moan, act like the fucking adults you think you are and IGNORE IT. Just as I ignore the religious threads, the Twilight threads, and every other such shit.

kthxbai

I'd agree with the idea that the majority of US TV comedy is rubbish. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are not counterexamples. CYE is not funny, at all, not once... I can't even identify where the jokes are meant to be. It's like some alternative-humour language I've never been taught a word of.

Arrested Development is - I'll grant - occasionally entertaining, but not quite the work of genius it's been made out to be.

Mind you, Archer has me in stiches, so I guess there's always some counterexample.

Except for Australian TV comedy, which is utterly and universally shite without exception. It's weird because Australians are some funny buggers, and their stand-up can be hilarious.

Sorry, rest of the world, but the UK still reigns supreme when it comes to the TV comedy (and particularly comedy-panel shows).

- Vanilla is a "Plain" flavor.
- Alcohol or drugs are a decent excuse for doing complete unacceptable things.
- Violence is a male trait, or most patriarchal theory taught in gender study's.
- Non-religious people have no moral basis.

That is about it I can think of right now. Basically any of these that get brought up in conversation I cant help but question and/or criticize.

Tipsy Giant:

Spot1990:

Tipsy Giant:

Didn't like Louie, it felt too obvious, all the jokes were reused from some other shitty sitcom...... Shame cos his stand up is great!

What about Lucky Louis? There's a godawful laugh track but most of the jokes came from his stand up. The scene where his daughter keeps asking "Why?" is one of the greatest things I've seen on tv.

That fighting games are good.

Combos. Confusing-as-shit controls. Way-too-serious asshole players. Really unbalanced online matches. The list goes on and on...
Or maybe I'm just really bad at them.

I just really disagree with DOCTOR WHO being the best tv show ever.
I dont really care for it, and I watched an entire season of it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked