If A Random Girl Walks Up and Punches You Would You Hit Her Back?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

No.
A girl tried to fight me once, I just redirected her force to make her fall, I never pushed her or threw a punch or anything.

Well after being shocked about the fact that some random woman punches me then I'd punch her back hard in the gut

If there was noone around, yes, because the white knights will kill you.

If not... I'd still most likely hit her back, but then I'd run like hell.

My initial response would be to give her a good shove. Firstly so she can't hit me again, and secondly to make it clear she should back the fuck off.

Shoving is a good clean defense for a man against violent women.

Well, I don't hit people at all. Not for morale reasons. Just 'cause I'd hurt myself more than them.
*shamefully shuffles away*
But to answer the actual question, gender wouldn't affect whether or not I'd hit someone.

Hmm... knowing me I would probably look her in the eye and say "I might have deserved that." If nothing else, it will probably cause them to take a moment to figure out what I was talking about.

Then there is the fact that even if I had never met the girl, odds are that I actually do deserve a punch in the face for something.

Depends. If it's some stuck up looking bitch who threw a punch at me cause her daddy didn't get her the latest iPhone. Ya she'd probably get a shove to the ground.

Some "I'll say larger woman" came and hit me I'd probably get her right back in the jaw.

I'm not sexist, but the one probably has more real issues as to why she would hit me and the same thing as to my reaction.

Provided I didn't catch the punch midair, I'm very quick.

I'm gona get outa this mud field now.

I'd get out of the way.

Also, who cares? It's a hypothetical situation.

JasonKaotic:
Well, I don't hit people at all. Not for morale reasons. Just 'cause I'd hurt myself more than them.
*shamefully shuffles away*
But to answer the actual question, gender wouldn't affect whether or not I'd hit someone.

Pretty much this.

I'm more likely to grab a picture with my cellphone and then call up the police, for either gender. The police are (usually) your friend. You pay taxes (hopefully) to keep them employed, use them.

Um... Maybe? Probably no. I'm pretty pacifistic plus I have no idea why she hit me. I'd probably ask why if anything.

No, but nor would I hit a man back. I'd make my best attempt at leaving.

Depends on the strength of the punch and the number of punches. if it's one weak punch than no. if she's wailing on me numerous times than i would try to wrestle her and grab her arms. i don't really think i would strike someone unless i really had too.

I can say 100% yes I would. It's happend on a bus.

Sadly I was raised among amazons so that whole don't hit women think got dropped by me by the age of 6. Women will mess you up one attacked me in a bar once might have deserved it acholo was involved anyay. I punched her then she tried to get her boyfriend to beat me up. He approched and I stood up grab the chair and hit him with it. That when you drop everything and run before the cops get there. Good times me and my friends still talk about it. Spelling might be off since this was done on a droid.

Hit back? You mean that as if wouldn't see a fist coming in my direction and dodge.

Jamash:

Shaved Apple:
Personally i would hit a girl if she walked up to me and punched me in the face if I didn't know her.

This sounds like premeditated revenge and makes you seem like someone who hates women and is just waiting for an excuse to punch them.

Dags90:
I'm more likely to grab a picture with my cellphone and then call up the police, for either gender. The police are (usually) your friend. You pay taxes (hopefully) to keep them employed, use them.

Do you live in some kind of police state? Where I live a picture is worthless unless there is an actual comparison. I once got mugged in front of a security camera and they literally couldn't do anything with it.

Also, is the place you live so boring that they will actually do anything about a random punch on the streets?

My local PD advised me to just make use of my right to self-defense and fuck attackers up because they can't chase after random street punchers.

I'd draw my gun and tell her to stri... Nevermind

It depends entirely on the situation, not the gender of the person.

Busy street with lots of people, a person smacks me in the face. Id get pissed, not hit them back though, and yell "WHAT THE F***!?"

Dark alley at night, a hooded stranger hits me in the face. Yes, hit them back (hopefully knocking them to the ground) and run for it - I can sense they aren't finished yet.

First i would ask 'what the fuck?!' and if the answer didn't satisfy me i would punch her back.

I have to get down to why with yelling, "what the hell?!" and stuff. Hopefully I could overpower her and grab her arms, if she continued assault.

To all the people questioning if she's hot that wouldn't matter because if she punched me in the face she's gonna get uglified soon enough.

Jamash:

Shaved Apple:
Personally i would hit a girl if she walked up to me and punched me in the face if I didn't know her.

This sounds like premeditated revenge and makes you seem like someone who hates women and is just waiting for an excuse to punch them.

I wouldn't punch a woman if they punched me, because apart from revenge, there's no reason to punch them back.

If I'm still standing after being sucker punched, then they're obviously not an immediate threat and for me to punch them back would vengeful and a use of excessive force.

I've been randomly attacked by strangers before, both sucker punched and also headbutted in the face, but apart from being bemused and slightly shocked at what just happened, I didn't feel threatened enough to need to punch them back.

If anyone, regardless of gender, attacks me, I wouldn't punch them unless I believed my life was in immediate danger. However if they continued their attack and became more than an annoyance, I would defend myself and restrain/stop them without resorting to striking their head with great force.

You win the thread. I don't know why it lasted for six pages after your comment. You are simply correct.

Shock takes over, not rage. People seem to be writing fantasy stories in this thread.

Grab her in a headlock, smirk diabolically and start noogying the ever loving crap out of her until she says sorry. Childish? Incredibly, but by god is it effective and a good way to avoid a law-suit.

...Hey not all of them have to be incredibly violent or passive!

I'm female. Honestly my reactions more likely to be standing there in shock going "what the fuck just happened?". Though if she kept attacking yes I guess would punch her back or try and subdue her and if I saw another girl punch a guy in the face I certainly would not hold it against him if he hit her back, only if beat the shit out her far beyond what was necessary (this applies if it was a guy too).
I assume the underlying question here is dose gender make a difference? if thats the case no.

Honestly I probably wouldn't and I would try to justify that by saying that I'm a pretty big guy and in all likelihood she's going to be smaller than me, so it wouldn't seem right. But still, even if she was just as big and strong as me I couldn't say I definitely would, even though I would hit a guy given the same situation.

This probably makes me sexist, but regardless of the situation there'd be that small voice in the back of my mind that said if I don't hit her, there's a slightly better chance she might have sex with me.

Jamash:

Other people have quoted you on this before but still; you were given little other information than "I would hit a women if she hit me", so what you seem to be suggesting is, if someone hit a women who has just hit them, that person must hate all women.

I can see where you got to that conclusion of him; he thought of the question, that must mean he was thinking about hitting women, and maybe that means he wants to hit women but was taught by society that it was wrong, so he came up with a situation that would let him hit women which would be socially acceptable, and wanted confirmation. That's still an extremely harsh judgement of character considering the information given.

Punch her in the face? Lord no.

Go for the neck.

In all seriousness it's one thing to talk about it, it's another when it actually happens and you have a combination of shock, adrenaline rush and probably anger.

I have no qualms with hitting girls vs. hitting guys if that's what you mean.

DarkRyter:
I'd probably sue her.

It is the most profitable way of going about the situation, and thus, is the best way.

This. I could always do with a few more thousands of dollars.

idarkphoenixi:
Well not to brag but I wouldn't need to result to hitting a girl if I wanted to subdue her.

Is it chloroform, pepper spray a taser or a gun?

I would just look at them awkwardly. I would do the same if a random guy punched me too. I'm a kinda passive sorta guy.

Rawne1980:
I would watch as my wife beat the ever living shit out of her.

Then shrug and carry on with my day.

Pretty much this. My GF is tough as nails with that.

nasteypenguin:

Jamash:

Other people have quoted you on this before but still; you were given no other information than "I would hit a women if she hit me", so what you seem to be suggesting is, if someone hit a women who has just hit them, that person must hate all women. Is that right?

I can see where you got to that conclusion; he thought of the question, that must mean he was thinking about hitting women, and maybe that means he wants to hit women but was taught by society that it was wrong, so he asked the question for confirmation that he can feel good about hitting a women if this situation came up. That's still an extremely harsh judgement of character considering the information given.

You're right, it is a bit of a harsh judgement based on the little information given, but it's precisely because of the lack of information given that gave me this impression.

When I read the OP, apart from the line about who could respond to this thread, it's basically just one sentence stating "I'd hit a woman..." I know there's slightly more to that, especially with the thread title, but that's the part that stood out to me.

It struck me as an odd statement to make, let alone make a thread for and it made me wonder what possible underlying issues would cause some to make such a statement and why they'd felt the need to create a thread in order to make that admission.

If he's added more information to his opening post, such as making it clear that it was a question he was asked by a friend and he wanted to ask the Escapist the same question, I wouldn't have got such a strange impression from that statement.

If somebody just came up to you and simply said "I'd hit a woman if she hit me", wouldn't you think it was a bit of a strange, unsolicited statement to make and perhaps question the thought processes of that person?

Also this may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but I with regards to the "it makes you seem like you want to hit women" aspect of what I said, "seem like" is the operative phrase (as is "sounds like").

I wanted to inform him of how his short statement came across, of the immediate first impression I got when I read that statement. I wasn't really accusing him of it, rather I was was showing him a possible way such a bold statement could be interpreted.

I probably could have worded it better and less confrontationally... perhaps subconsciously I was matching like for like and responding to that bold statement with one of my own, but however clumsily I may have worded my thoughts I'm still going to stand by them and say that this is the immediate impression I got when I read that statement.

I know that probably isn't the truth of the matter, but more often than not, how things first appear to the public eye is more important than the actual truth.

I'd roll into a Sonic Spin and knock her on her ass.

Then run.

I'm not the kind of person to hit anyone. So no, I would probably just look at them and ask why they had done it.

Dryk:
One punch? Probably not. If she started punching me repeatedly? Of course I'd fight back.

Mostly this. However, if the "one punch" scenario happened, I'd look at her with a confused look on my face and then go about my day, realizing that either she was having an off day or that, somehow, somewhere in the grand cosmic scheme of things...I deserved it.

Multiple attacks? Captcha says "lunchtime", and I'm servin' up a full course meal of pain.

Back off and ask what the hell they're thinking. I'm unlikely to hit a random person if they just hit me once. If she persisted... I'd probably just try to get out of there really. There's rarely any point getting in a fist fight.

Well getting blindsided, I'd be surprised and all like what the fuck? If she hit me again, I'd knock her ass out.

I'd definitely go all 1950s dad on her ass

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked