Really Stupid Things You've Heard/Read Someone Say

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Easton Dark:
N.A.R.T.H.

National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality

to be fair it least it kinda seem their intentions are good...kinda
just misguided...really misguided

Vault101:
I know i'm just pointing out the obvious..but I jsut can't read it...that idiot doesn't get common fantasy clchies...

It's painful to read isn't it? Especially the last line, it's just so... cuckoo.

Vault101:

Easton Dark:
N.A.R.T.H.

National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality

to be fair it least it kinda seem their intentions are good...kinda
just misguided...really misguided

They think it's a disease... it's just so stupid.

A girl in my class in year 10 was sure the sun and the moon where the same thing, backed up by the logic you never see them both at time
*facepalm*

Easton Dark:

They think it's a disease... it's just so stupid.

I know..but thats better than wanting to burn them at the stake

mParadox:

Vault101:
I know i'm just pointing out the obvious..but I jsut can't read it...that idiot doesn't get common fantasy clchies...

It's painful to read isn't it? Especially the last line, it's just so... cuckoo.

hmmm...could be trolling

if not then then mabye the OP was young enough to be ignorant of Tolkein

Eddy-16:
A girl in my class in year 10 was sure the sun and the moon where the same thing, backed up by the logic you never see them both at time
*facepalm*

its like the sun is a is light bulb that gets "dimmed" by night time...

oh wait...that theory goes out the window since there are times of the day where you can CLEARLY see the moon (and look at the sun if your that dumb)

well when I was younger I once looked at the sun through a welding mask....which was pretty dumb

mParadox:
Oh oh! Here's one! It's a doozy~

............ suddenly wishing gun laws were laxer in Canada so I could find a pistol and end my existence, and thus my knowledge of that person and what they said.
Whyyyyyyy

Vault101:

well when I was younger I once looked at the sun through a welding mask....which was pretty dumb

When I was young, I constantly stared at the sun just to prove I could.

I wear glasses now. It's not related.

EeveeElectro:

Also this girl.
There's no way someone that fucking stupid can function properly.

I started to read through her twitter posts, i have never hated a person that ive never met before except her.

she inspires rage in me like never before, if i ever met her i would kidnap her and torture her to death, slowly.

Alternative:

EeveeElectro:

Also this girl.

I started to read through her twitter posts, i have never hated a person that ive never met before except her.

she inspires rage in me like never before, if i ever met her i would kidnap her and torture her to death, slowly.

I thought it was just a troll but she put pictures up of herself in a room covered in Bieber posters and holding the CDs that she's bought.
Either it's a really determined troll, or they're using someone else's pictures. Or seriously that retarded.

Either way, she'd going to be so embarrassed when she looks back on this.

EDIT: Hell, I was a huge Busted fan back in t' days. I didn't have any websites to project my love for them onto. I saw them when I could, have dozens of posters, all the merch, all the music, anything I could get my hands onto. I'd hardly shut up about them.
I'm embarrassed now for being like that :s God knows how she's gonna feel.

solemnwar:

mParadox:

............ suddenly wishing gun laws were laxer in Canada so I could find a pistol and end my existence, and thus my knowledge of that person and what they said.
Whyyyyyyy

Maybe it's because I don't like LOTR that much (I get confused by it shut up) but it doesn't seem like *that* big of a deal.

Vault101:

I know..but thats better than wanting to burn them at the stake

At least those... people... can tell that there are actually gays in the world, not straights that have been infected.

Too much stupid, I need some happy

Ahh, much better.

EeveeElectro:

Alternative:

EeveeElectro:

Also this girl.

I thought it was just a troll but she put pictures up of herself in a room covered in Bieber posters and holding the CDs that she's bought.
Either it's a really determined troll, or they're using someone else's pictures.

Either way, she'd going to be so embarrassed when she looks back on this.

Its a troll aparantly, a lady gaga fan trying to give bieber fans a bad name.

I'm sure I mentioned this in a similar thread, but there was this guy who said pot was illegal because it gave off "good vibes," and the illumanati only wanted drugs that gave off "bad vibes" like alcohol and tobacco.

As a rule, each time a person uses the words like "illuminati" or "sheeple" unironically, my urge to choke-slam them through a wall increases 20%

The only one I can think of was a former member on here (you know who), he was real testament to that.
He claim that the Wii is able to played more powerful games when given more times to it. Sorry but given evidences to those games that come up multiplatforms I guess he never heard of limitation build inside the hardware.

Easton Dark:

solemnwar:

mParadox:

Whyyyyyyy

Maybe it's because I don't like LOTR that much (I get confused by it shut up) but it doesn't seem like *that* big of a deal.

I'm not the largest fan of LOTR either (I prefer the Hobbit really, it was muuuuch shorter and it had a motherfucking DRAGON man!), it's the sheer STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE of it all. I'd be twitching if someone claimed that Shakespeare was a hack of some modern writer and I kind of hate Shakespeare. A lot. Except for Twelfth Night, that one was pretty entertaining.

Easton Dark:

r.

I don't particuly like LOTR ether but the reason is its just so MIND NUMBLINGLY stupid

Tolkein was doing his thing way back...like..late 1930's? or 40's? alot of those things are standard fantasy cliche's that if not pretty much invented by tolkein were clichéd waaaaaaaaaaaay before harry potter

solemnwar:

Easton Dark:

solemnwar:

Whyyyyyyy

I'm not the largest fan of LOTR either (I prefer the Hobbit really, it was muuuuch shorter and it had a motherfucking DRAGON man!), it's the sheer STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE of it all. I'd be twitching if someone claimed that Shakespeare was a hack of some modern writer and I kind of hate Shakespeare. A lot. Except for Twelfth Night, that one was pretty entertaining.

A dragon, huh. I have a feeling I like those. You know what, ones with mustaches are even better though.

Ignorance can be funny sometimes. I think him being that unaware is pretty damn funny, but that's only because I don't like LOTR too much. People saying ignorant stuff about MLP: FIM or video games, etc, piss me off.

Vault101:
MIND NUMBLINGLY stupid

Same as above.

Some freinds of mine went to a wedding in Wales the other day, from England. One particulary dippy girl asked 'Do we need passports to get into Wales?' One of the guys, without skipping a beat, replied 'of course, they speak a different language don't they?'
She found that answer more than acceptable, and ensured that she had her passport! At the toll gate on the Severn Bridge they made sure she had it ready, and presented it to the toll lady... much laughter was had by all!

(I understand this is only funny to people from the UK. For those who don't get it... Wales is part of the UK. Crossing the border to Wales from England is like passing over the border between 2 US states. Hell, you don't even need passports to cross borders in EU coutries anymore! :S)

Joshey Woshey:
On this very site I read a comment that said "If I insulted The Queen in London every bobby in a 20 mile radius would come after me".

It was in one of those "Why does everybody hate America?" threads that happen every month or so and it was an American defending America. I was sure it was serious at the time but in all fairness thinking back, no one can be that stupid.

Wasn't that covered under a treason law they stopped enforcing in the 70s?

mParadox:

I think I may have given myself a concussion with the force of the Head-desk that just caused >_<. Please tell me someone's told him Tolkein's dead.

My favourite idiotic quote from someone else was "Homosexuality is wrong! It's hereditary so if we allow gay marriage there'll be more gay people!" I didn't even try and argue that one, I just walked the hell away.

For fairness, I had one myself which is worth quoting

Friend: "Hey, do you want to come to my new years eve party?"
Me: "Yeah, sure, when is it"
Friend "..."
Me: "Ahh, balls"

mParadox:

Vault101:

where was this? Was this in a forum and people told him how much of a retard he is?

An old one from many years ago. We are in a history class about Medieval England, around the time of the Saladin, Richard the Lionheart and Frederick Barbarossa.

"So... Britian has always drifted away from Europe? We really should put some anchors down."

Yeah, good luck with that.

when living in england i got introduced to a girl as dutch kris... she then asked me where i was from and once that was explained she said oh so you must speak danish then...:S

had the same more or less in the us.. tell someone im dutch and get ah so your from denmark and somehow end up with the nickname the norweege ... oklahoma is a strange place

"80GB iPod? Wouldn't that get really heavy if you stored that many songs on it?"

Hmm, I dunno... I've heard some pretty stupid things over the years. This one is probably the stupidest I've ever heard though -

Kaleion:

he clearly doesn't know what his talking about since Mr. Mime is the greatest pokémon ever.

I mean really, Mr.Mime? Good lord, it's just... just... GAHH!!!! Get yourself some proper pokemon, god dammit!

Serious time though: It's a bit of a toss up between these two very, very stupid things I've heard at Uni.
1st - "Man, Slavery was such a good idea. I wonder why they stopped it..."

and 2nd -"Religious people and Atheists are both idiots." - said by a Christian man, which kinda... doesn't make sense.

Yeah, there's some... 'special' kinds of people in some of my Uni courses.

mParadox:

I don't doubt that someone could be this stupid, but I wanted to ask, are you sure it wasn't...a joke? Like someone just pretending to be that stupid? I only ask because...that's just....not right.

OT: Let's see...I won't post the highschool newspaper article that I've posted twice already. People have seen it, know about it, so let's move on.

I'll instead share a gem from my days of retail slavery at the movie gallery.

Phone rings and I pick it up.

Me: Movie Gallery, this is Screamarie, how can I help you?
Woman on the Phone: Yeah what's showing?
Me: .........................As...in the movie theater?
Woman: Yeah.
Me: .....I...don't know....
Woman: (to someone on her end of the line) This lady doesn't know what's showing at the movie theater.
Whoever the fuck she's talking to: That's crazy.
*Phone goes dead*

....Yes, I should know what a business that has no affliation with my own is doing. And just so you know there is only ONE cinema in my town...and guess what's it's called...Cinema 1 & 2...and yes it is in the phone book.

So I was looking up on the Google which Snipper rifle was considered the best in Call of Pripyat.
Sure enough, the two contenders were Tide and Lynx, a Vintorez and a Dragunov respectively. And people just kept fucking saying that tide has 76 dmg compared to the Dragunov's 100.
TIDE HAS 65 DMG. ALWAYS HAD. ALWAYS WILL. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
/okaythatwasnotserious

Well, that's the best I got. Who cares about actual relevant stuff.

someone once told me santa claus was middle eastern. he based this on the fact that the guy hung out with jesus.

"They should make another Star Wars movie"

LordSchucker:
"They should make another Star Wars movie"

What, to fix the other time they tried that?

Lilani:
"Could of"
"Should of"
"Could care less"
"You times the numbers"

I'd think of more but I'm very sleepy. You get the idea, though. For me, hearing and reading these phrases are worse than nails on a chalkboard.

Supposebly.
Irregardless.

I got into an argument after telling someone I was an atheist. It wasn't that he was religious, he just likes being on a pedestal about everyone else. He said I was equally as close minded as any religious nut because he said Atheism was a lack of belief in any supreme being, and then extended that to belief in any complex or unexplainable entity out in the universe. I said I didn't have any disbelief on that, and he vehemently claimed that meant I wasn't an atheist.

Oh, and if you ever hear "I'm not racist/sexist but..." prepare to hear something so unimaginably bigoted that it physically injures you.

Screamarie:

OT: Let's see...I won't post the highschool newspaper article that I've posted twice already. People have seen it, know about it, so let's move on.

I haven't seen it. I wanna see it! D:

Midgeamoo:
"80GB iPod? Wouldn't that get really heavy if you stored that many songs on it?"

I literally just had an intense physical reaction to how retarded that is. Please tell me you're fictionalizing for something to post. There can't be people like that that aren't filed under some mental condition.

Every time I see this topic come up, I always remember the go to English class fail: "I'm not UNliterate".

"Soda is NOT unhealthy for you"
Any time someone relates a situation in North America to the Nazis or another similar regime.
Both of those are from these forums, the latter happening way too often.

Also: "Evolution did not happen. If evolution occurs why are all the animals still the same? We have never witnessed it."
-Grade 10 religion teacher

Captcha: "no brainer" lol

CrimsonBlaze:
IGN's article on why people hate EA, by asking EA why people hate EA.

Yeah that's my vote as well.

Legendsmith:
"Really Stupid Things You've Heard/Read Someone Say
^This.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked