How many times (not partners) have you had sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender?
0 (I am male)
46.8% (310)
46.8% (310)
Less then 5 (I am male)
11.8% (78)
11.8% (78)
Between 5 and 10 (I am male)
5% (33)
5% (33)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am male)
26.7% (177)
26.7% (177)
0 (I am female)
3.2% (21)
3.2% (21)
Less than 5 (I am female)
1.4% (9)
1.4% (9)
Between 5 and 10 (I am female)
0.6% (4)
0.6% (4)
More than 10 / I don't know (I am female)
3.9% (26)
3.9% (26)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Super-scientific sex poll! (Vote only if 18 or older)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I thought of this poll in the other thread about whether or not it is "easier for women to get laid than men." This immediately led to me and many others jumping straight to statistics that were flawed by their very nature, due to false reporting and/or lying. I don't think this poll will tell us anything about society or the ease at which the genders "get laid," but we won't know until we can see some data and interpret it endlessly.

So, for all other things equal, I decided to measure the number of incidents of sexual intercourse versus number of times a person has had sexual intercourse. That way, we can ignore "players" who would brag about sleeping with 10 different women or alleged "sluts" who might fudge their own number of sex partners. If you've only had sex ten times with ten different people, it would pale in comparison to someone in a committed relationship who has had sex countless times, if you're looking at raw numbers. I'm not attaching any moral/ethical/pro/con elements to having sex, I'm only interested in data.

There aren't enough options available to get an age breakdown by demographic, so let's say you can only vote in this thread if you are between the ages of 18 and 30 - typically the people most likely to moan about not getting any, but not so young that it's technically against the law if they did have sex. Also due to lack of options, we're looking specifically at heterosexual intercourse, not gay/lesbian sex, or sex acts that are not intercourse.

(Yes, the scientific thread title is sarcastic. No, I don't know what I'm trying to prove. I just think it might be interesting.)

Zero.

Yeah...

(Probably too much of a manchild for my own good! XD)

Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.
I've been with my boyfriend for three years. What do you think.

I've had two long-term sexual relationships for a start, so I lost count a long time ago.
Unless you've only had sex with each person once, I don't really get the point of keeping count.
Do people really do that?

Colour-Scientist:
I've had two long-term sexual relationships for a start, so I lost count a long time ago.
Unless you've only had sex with each person once, I don't really get the point of keeping count.

I don't think they do, but... I think I will. I didn't keep track of how many times I masturbated, but that might be an interesting number to know.

Oh balls... Misread the poll, thought it was partners (I guess lots of us will do that and fuck up your poll, sorry!). Very odd question, I doubt most ordinary people can keep track, I think your poll is probably massively underestimating people. I mean, I'm hardly Casanova and I certainly couldn't give you a proper answer. I've spent about 2 years of my life in steady sexual relationships and if you had sex twice a week for 2 years that's 204. And twice a week seems a bit conservative for young couples to me.

Plus how do you count? Is one shag measured by every male ejaculation? Or is it per 'session'? If it's the former then it really is impossible to tell.

Ha, yeah that number is probably close to a thousand by now...

To be fair to the OP, there is definitely a difference between sexual experience vs simply the number of different partners one has been with. Its hilarious when I meet an 18 year old kid at college who claims to have slept with 20 "birds" and i say, "oh, you must have had a lot of repeat customers?". Then you watch the smirk drop quicker than a fat kid off a skyscraper... Very satisfying.

I lost count years ago. To be honest, I don't think I ever did keep track, except for knowing the date of the very first time. But each encounter is all with the same partner, however many that may be. After six years I can say it's probably more than ten.

oh TIMES.... shit. No idea, far more than 10.

I think this poll is borked.

zelda2fanboy:

No, I don't know what I'm trying to prove. I just think it might be interesting.)

Lies, lies, all of it lies!

You want to know if you were right or not in that other thread and you want to use the escapist to try to confirm your beliefs.

With ex number 3, 10 was a weekend spent together. These do seem to be quite low figures for number of times. For the moment though, significantly less.

TheRightToArmBears:
Oh balls... Misread the poll, thought it was partners (I guess lots of us will do that and fuck up your poll, sorry!). Very odd question, I doubt most ordinary people can keep track, I think your poll is probably massively underestimating people. I mean, I'm hardly Casanova and I certainly couldn't give you a proper answer. I've spent about 2 years of my life in steady sexual relationships and if you had sex twice a week for 2 years that's 204. And twice a week seems a bit conservative for young couples to me.

Plus how do you count? Is one shag measured by every male ejaculation? Or is it per 'session'? If it's the former then it really is impossible to tell.

I guess "session" would be the appropriate term. I had three "sessions" with one girl, but I didn't ejaculate via intercourse.

Matthew94:

zelda2fanboy:

No, I don't know what I'm trying to prove. I just think it might be interesting.)

Lies, lies, all of it lies!

You want to know if you were right or not in that other thread and you want to use the escapist to try to confirm your beliefs.

That thread actually derailed a lot of my "beliefs." I'm just curious about general sexual experience, I guess. Lots of male virgins, looks like.

Anyone who's ever been in a long term relationship is going to do have done it a lot, like, a shitload of times, just, all over everything, jesus, even on the counter? What is wrong with you people?
Sorry lost my train of thought.
Anyway, one girl, more times than I can count.

wow, it tops out at 10 times? LOL....I was passed that at 17...and that was 25 years ago :p

Phasmal:
Oh piss I misread. - 1 For the less than five female, that was my fuckup (this is what happens when I play Xbox and use laptop at the same time).
Times not partners.

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

You do realise that asking this on an online gaming forum of all places is going to give you some severely skewed results, right?

It's going to be a veritable avalanche of male virginity.

EDIT:
Okay, not quite as severe as I was expecting, but still, the stereotype seems to be holding true.

I don't think this question fits the Escapist demographic very well. Unless you want results from gamers.

Opposite gender? Zero.

Well, by the looks of things, finding a girl who won't be turned off by my complete lack of experience is...impossible. At least I'm right. Just like the time I was right about my college project going horribly wrong due to my team. And the time I was right about trying to get my bank account upgraded to a student account being a process covered in unnecessary red tape.

Y'know what, I'd really like to be wrong about something for a change.

Binnsyboy:

Phasmal:
Times not partners.

Shit, yeah. Made the same mistake.

Oh well!

i did the exact same thing as well.

Why you would find the number of times someones had sex - regardless of the number of sexual partners is - important at all in any kind of way?

err, hundreds, but not yet thousands. been in 3 long term relationships including the one i'm still in, and i started when i was 15 (now 20). this poll is kinda retarded seeing as within a week of when we started having sex in no.3, we'd gone past 10 =\

Phasmal:
Times not partners.

I just did exactly the same thing as you. I was even playing XBOX. I read it as partners, not how many times I've actually had sex.

OP you should (if you can) move one vote from "Less than 5, male" to the "More than 10, male" category.

THE NUMBER OF VIRGINS IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!...i mean i am...but i am still in the prime of my youth...STOP LOOKING AT ME

Colour-Scientist:

No, nobody does that! just the number of different people which at this point is only an estimate in my case anyway . . .

Good lords mate, did you give any consideration to people who've been in long term relationships or have been sexually active for longer than a few months with your numbers there?

Hell, I'm about to hit 34 and I've been sexually active since I was 10. I'm no russel brand, but I've had significantly more than my fair share of sexual encounters over the last 24 years.

Seriously though...

I was warned not to be mean by a moderator in the last thread. So I'll try...really hard.

That poll is nonsense. I passed the high mark with my first girlfriend in a few days. I've been with my wife for 12 years, and we're far, far passed 10 times. So, I've only had 2 partners but have had sex many more times than 10.

Also, being a gamer doesn't lessen your chances these days. Stop whining and talk to a damned girl. They're people just like you, with the same hang ups and neuroses that you have.

I swear, we're going to end up like Japan with all of you guys marrying your DS's.

I passed the ten mark with my last girlfriend in under a week, and I'd assume that for someone at the very beginning of a sexual relationship that is fairly normal. The experience I have had suggests that most people spend as much time as possible in the early stages in bed.

So 10 times is an absurdly low number to put as the upper limit.

As for no. of partners/overall times in my life... I've made no secret about my younger promiscuity, so the number of partners is over ten, and the number of times total slept with people is likely very high. I don't actually keep track of every time I've had sex, because I don't really see the point in it. If you're just sleeping around the number will either depress or reinforce you (depending on whether you think promiscuous sex and one night stands are a good thing or not) and when you're in a long term committed relationship there shouldn't be any need to keep track of these things unless you are having problems, in which case yes, a lack of sex could indicate lack of interest.

I've been with my current boyfriend for 4 years. Just in that relationship, it's going to be a lot more than ten!

I lived with my girlfriend for 2 years in an apartment so quite a bit.

0, absolute 0. I don't fuck for fun. I find it disgusting and too high risk for such little reward. Yes, I'm probably the only guy in the world who thinks like that.

Look, all of you can have all the stranger sex you want, but you wont ever get it from me. Thats all I'm saying. Not trying to step on anyones toes.

EDIT: I misread it I thought they were talking about having sex with people who are NOT your partners. Not the amount of times you've had sex.

I would never ever had sex with a complete stranger, however if I'm in a relationship and I am sure I can spend the rest of my life with her of course I would have sex with her.

Being a married man, I've lost count on how many times I've had sex.

Considering the amount of people who don't keep track of how many times (unless you're a virgin in that case it's easy to count) also considering how many people misread the poll, the results wont be worth much, but it will be interesting to see how this goes anyway.

Zack Alklazaris:
0, absolute 0. I don't fuck for fun. I find it disgusting and too high risk for such little reward. Yes, I'm probably the only guy in the world who thinks like that.

Look, all of you can have all the stranger sex you want, but you wont ever get it from me. Thats all I'm saying. Not trying to step on anyones toes.

Wow. Where did that come from? From glancing down the replies so far, pretty much everyone has either replied with "I'm a virgin" or "I have a boyfriend/girlfriend"!

MetalMagpie:

Zack Alklazaris:

Wow. Where did that come from? From glancing down the replies so far, pretty much everyone has either replied with "I'm a virgin" or "I have a boyfriend/girlfriend"!

Must...not...be...mean...

He sounds a little bitter if you ask me. Seriously though, its not that hard to find an agreeable girlfriend or boyfriend...or whatever it is that you're into.

I will help someone with this before it passes from the collective forum interest, or die trying.

I would guess I've had sex maybe 1,500 times.

Your poll has a very odd range spread. It seems odd to me that anyone would have a number between 1-10, unless they had only just become sexually active. Like in the last 2 days. I mean zero makes sense for the virgins out there, but surely once the genie's out the bottle that number gets very big very quickly? I mean in a new relationship, you really should be getting past 10 in the first weekend.

Not sure what this thread is trying to prove...

Also:

Zack Alklazaris:
I don't fuck for fun

What better reason is there to fuck?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked