How much would you sell a year of your life for?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Considering I probably have 6ish years left, I could probably live comfortably on a cool 1 million with the remaining time.

Would be interesting to ask that question in a jail. Let me know how losing a year (or more) works out for ya?

James Joseph Emerald:

ZehMadScientist:
I'd go with $500.000 I guess. It's very likely that it'll be more than I will make in the year that I'm offering.

You make less than $500 a year? That's pretty bad.

It's really a convention of English mistake, because many languages use stops as opposed to commas or a space in large numbers.

YEAH!

50-80 thousand dollars.

Rednog:
Considering I probably have 6ish years left, I could probably live comfortably on a cool 1 million with the remaining time.

why only six years left?

Shax:
2 years of the buyer's. The deal might not go through, but it'll be fun watching him/her think that one through.

I doubt watching someone instantly say "no" would be very fun.

Few million, at least, and with a very sour aftertaste give I'd hardly ever do anything that purposefully shortens my life span.

Hmm.. I wonder how many year someone with a 9-5 job will spend working in his/her life?

TL:DR Wage slavery is terribad.

Which year?

Matthew94:
The thread is simple, if you were to lose an entire of your life, how much would you sell it for?

When I say lose I mean: Never get to experience, it just doesn't happen. Simply, imagine you have a death clock and it can be put 1 year forward for a sum of cash. What would you expect in payment?

Isn't this the basic equation we all do when we go to work? "How much am I willing to sacrifice my life for, for some money?"

axlryder:

Rednog:

why only six years left?

Polycystic kidney disease, rapid declining of kidney function, estimates to failure put me somewhere around there.

The last years of my life will probably suck anyway, so as long as its off the end i could be haggled to 1k.

100,000 is the going rate, and a fair amount to earn in one year of your life.

I'd gladly swap 10 years for a happy feet ice lolly.

Used to love them as a kid but they stopped making them.

It made me sad.

a lot but really i dont know... i would sell it for the right price but i want to see offers first...

I fell like the fine print on this contract must include any extra life you would get from the money, such as less stress form not having to work as much, or more money to spend on medical treatment extending you life span. other wise I wont be investing in your life trading business.

axlryder:

Shax:
2 years of the buyer's. The deal might not go through, but it'll be fun watching him/her think that one through.

I doubt watching someone instantly say "no" would be very fun.

Hm? Oh damn, my bad. I was going to say "2 years of someone else's", rather than "2 years of the buyer's" ("Someone else" referring to no specific person, just anybody) I'd best go back and edit that :P

No sale. Sorry, I've got far too much going on to give up a year of life for money or anything else.

Although, since most folks here are so anxious to sell their time, I suppose I could buy up a few years and trade one or two back for the ability to fly without mechanical assistance. They get money, I get the breeze in my face and the chance to give the finger to the airline industry. Everyone wins.

If the world is ending in December, would I keel over as soon as I signed?

If not, probably about $75,000. It's the last year. Would probably be spending most of it in pain anyway

Anywhere from 70,000+. 70,000 is quite a bit more than I would probably make in a year, so...yeah.

If I try to sell too high, why would the person buy from me and not someone else?

........ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Rednog:

axlryder:

Rednog:

why only six years left?

Polycystic kidney disease, rapid declining of kidney function, estimates to failure put me somewhere around there.

My sympathies, however little that may do for you. What's the reason why a kidney transplant wouldn't be viable? Availability?

5 million dollars minimum. Basically enough money that I could retire and still live in reasonable comfort--1 year at the end of my life for 50ish years of freedom from the HAVING to work to live.

Hmm...

It depends on my mood.

If I'm feeling generous, I would ask for three thousand dollars more than the debt that the United States Government owes to other countries at the time, and give all but the three thousand to the government.

If I'm feeling a bit more selfish, or if I just can't do that, I'll go for a couple million.

Salad Is Murder:

Garrett:
I'd give it for free. My life has no value for me.

No Sephiemopoops, it has value to someone else THATS WHY YOU'RE SELLING IT.

At least try to play along or go back to the north cave and obsess about your mother some more. Friggin' emos.

I'd say 50K USD a year, because they're getting the cancer years! HAHA!

SALAD OUT!

I'm playing along. Who would want to pay anything for a year of life if they are given for free? It's called destroying market for teh lulz.

Also, no need to insult every emo on the planet by lumping me and them in one group.

Has to be a million euro's at least.
But that still feels like making a crap deal...
10 million...now that feels slightly better.

A billion british pounds at an absolute minimum. Imagine what you could do for charities in exchange for a year of your life.

I'd need...

$7,777,777.77 Paid in pennies upon my return from this "Year gone" coma thing.

Realistically only the extremely young, or severely depressed would accept payment for removal of time left. When you're young, the time seems to be there in spades. No loss if you lose a year. When you're depressed, you lack the hope/belief that a year could bring about any significant change.

I however have been ridiculously lucky in the past. What if one of those days in that year was the day I buy a winning lottery ticket? Hell I could probably list a million things that could happen to greatly increase my fortunes in a year. So unless the amount was so high I'd never, ever, ever, have to work again while enjoying all the benefits of a high paying job... Well then sure.

At that point the time I'll save not having to work will easily pay for itself!

Hence: $7,777,777.78. Obviously a penny more would make a large difference no?

Every year of my life is priceless to me. There's no one who could buy one second of my life.

Not For Sale

keinechance:

Salad Is Murder:

keinechance:

Long enough to sustain my existence with food, water, shelter etc.

Judges? *BZZZZZT*

Sorry, you are awarded no points for your non-answer. Thanks for playing, you've been a real pantload; but you won't go home empty handed, you get our home edition of the game to take with you!

I guess my answer was not what you wanted to hear.

If you want me to be more specific, if everything works according to projections, I will work until 60 years of age, and then retire.

But since that has no bearing on the: "For how much money would you sell a year of your life?" Question, I fail to see how the specifics are important.

Well, obviously if you only work to continue living, then you would sell a year of your life for however much you would earn working constantly in that space of time or more. That would be no different from working, but instead of losing a year when you are in your prime, you lose it right at the end of your life.

Assuming I'll live to around 8oish, maybe 90 if I'm lucky, I would gladly sell one full year of my existence for no less than one billion dollars.

It's one year, and assuming it's going to be from the end of my life, that's one less year to sit around lamenting my younger days and crapping myself in a nursing home my shit head family stuck me in.

All the money.

Why sell it for cash? I would gladly give up a year of my life in trade for a year of someone else's life.

Living in someone else's shoes for an entire year sounds like it would be an interesting, enlightening, and enriching experience; perhaps the word "perspective" could be used.

I don't normally value my life much, but if one offers any price, I'll take that.

$200,000, and I'd give away 2 or three years. I would only give one, but I've always wanted a Lamborghini.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked