Well that date was weird...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So, I work in retail, and thus I receive many customers who converse with me. I also am a young female who primarily either works with males, or older women, so when I have young customers I get a fair amount of attention (this has nothing to do with my physical appearance, merely the fact that I'm like 30 years younger then everyone I work with.) So a nice young man comes over to me and asks me out. I'm single, so I figured a nice evening would be lovely, and I agree.

I was well aware he and I had little to nothing in common. I'm a female gamer, watch animation, have a comic series, am only like 5" tall and although thin, I do not exercise. This man was easily a foot taller then me, built like a brick house, and although a smart gentleman, his interests were in cars and body building. But hey, he was sweet, and anything can happen.

He picks me up and says he needs to do some shopping. I agree to go along, and on the way he only speaks about his tons of money that he has and the expensive items he spends it on. I'm a college student living in a box-like apartment eating raman and at times rats when they venture in, money is a rather rare thing for me. As we get to the store, and about ten minutes in he states "Oh man, we need to get matching bathrobes! For, like, when you sleep over at my place!"

Err... I begged against, but he insisted and purchased one. He also stated I needed more jewelry and wanted me to replace a precious gem of mine, of which I refused. Belly rings as well, because apparently mind was old fashioned and he wanted to satisfaction of "playing with a dangling one". He also wanted to buy me new shoes, due to the current ones I own being my work shoes, and my only real pair. Something about Uggs... No idea what kind of shoe those are but they sound unpleasant.

twenty minutes into dinner he exclaims he wants to "get serious, no lies up in here bro". first date mind you. I attempted to make small talk while trying to get a hold of friends, and he insisted on bringing me to his house.

Beautiful home, but his only furniture was a couch, tv, beer pong table, and a work out bench. So as I uncomfortably watched "Office Space" on his lonely couch in the dark unfurnished room, he proceeded to place his body on my lap while his friends worked out and did manly 'dude" things, whatever that may be. (Insert manly grunting noises while doing push ups. Whatever you desire). Pretty sure one was making peach cobbler as well. Maybe with his muscles, but it was happening. Damn he was enthusiastic about stirring.

Needless to say I have been avoiding the countless texts he has sent me about dating. Although I have informed him I was not interested for various reasons he still has not gotten the hint. I suppose I deserve this for going out with a random dude.

Topic: So Escapists, make me feel better. Tell me about an interesting, awkward, entertaining date you've experienced. :3

Wow that is....uh.....a little strange. I would be quite concerned in that situation O.o.

Probably the weirdest date for me was when I was 18, and I saw my group of friends while we were out on the date. Let me just say my friends are not...uh...."Normal".
I swear half the time they are the missing link.

So I spent about 3 hours getting discretely mooned at, M&M's thrown at me whenever the girl I was out with was away from me, and various other activities that she didn't seem to notice.

Well I hope she didn't notice, we dated for another year after that, if she did notice, that is even weirder...

SaetonChapelle:
beer pong table

Please tell me there isn't an actual product specifically designed to play beer pong with.

This story sounds really amusing though I'd rather say creepy if I were in that situation.
I'm sorry I can't contribute, I'd totally go on a date if I knew there was fresh peach cobbler though.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with random dudes! I've met some quirky random ladies that way.

Like the one that wanted to go to a strip club and play with my hair.

Or the one that stuck her tongue down my throat after I said hello.

Or the one that couldn't talk about anything else besides her life changing and financially bankrupting trip to Thailand.

Or the one who preferred communication via text... even in person.

Or the one who invited me to be more friendly, but then chastised me for becoming more friendly.

As my old roommate told me...

The one who's ex boyfriend followed them on their date.

The one who wanted to have his babies after their first date.

Silver lining; now you have a great story to share with your next date. ;)

Mine isn't even on the same scale of creepy and/or strange as yours, but I can't imagine a date more awkward.

I once went out with a girl who turned out to be an even bigger wallflower than I am. We spent an agonizing hour staring at the floor, neither of us saying anything, after which we quietly parted ways. For some reason we went out on a second date some time after, which was basically a rerun of the first one. That's when we realized that that relationship probably wasn't going anywhere.

I hate dating. Dating sucks. I don't like it.

0_0 THAT IS CREEPY AS HELL.

Tell him straight up that you are not interested, then. Tell him that you are NOT compatible and you have no interest in him because you have nothing in common.

And if he STILL does not get the message, then get nasty if you have to. Make him understand you want NOTHING to do with him.

If that doesn't work, get your friends to back you up and make sure he gets it.

And if THAT does not work, threaten a restraining order because he is a disaster waiting to happen.

---
I'm fortunate to have avoided most weird relationship issues.

I mean, aside from finding out that half the girls I liked were already dating (or in one case, freaking engaged).

Currently doing ok with an awesome gamer girl. Nothing too awkward so far. Well...she DID wind up getting sick on a walk one time. That was about it.

I have a friend that gets into dating situations like that all the time. But I think shes into that kind of thing.

Scary.

DevilWithaHalo:

Or the one who preferred communication via text... even in person.

0_o You met a real life Moeka?!?! REALLY?!

(She's a character from Steins;Gate [A time travel anime]. She is so shy that she will literally text people right next to her rather than say the words)

Quaxar:

SaetonChapelle:
beer pong table

Please tell me there isn't an actual product specifically designed to play beer pong with.

This story sounds really amusing though I'd rather say creepy if I were in that situation.
I'm sorry I can't contribute, I'd totally go on a date if I knew there was fresh peach cobbler though.

xD Yeah, they sell them all the time around here. Specific long tables with various stations embedded in for the cups in various areas. I have one as well. They're actually quite popular as far as I'm aware.

SaetonChapelle:

Quaxar:

SaetonChapelle:
beer pong table

xD Yeah, they sell them all the time around here. Specific long tables with various stations embedded in for the cups in various areas. I have one as well. They're actually quite popular as far as I'm aware.

What have you people done with your lives!

I don't understand why you'd buy a table where you can't even play proper games on as well. Also, why anyone'd still play beer pong when there's now beer quidditch!

I actually got sort of tricked into going on a date last week. Kind of. Me and my flatmates went out into town for the night, at which point some of one of my flatmate's friends met up with us. I've met them a few times before, but apparently this was the night that everyone was trying to set one of them up with me, so everyone else was treating me and some girl that I barely know like we were on a date. It was pretty damn awkward.

Quaxar:

SaetonChapelle:

Quaxar:

What have you people done with your lives!

Ive only played a couple times but the table is pink! PINK! I love it. xD But boy am I terrible at the game. Plus I hate beer.

OMG That's amazing... oo

TheRightToArmBears:
I actually got sort of tricked into going on a date last week. Kind of. Me and my flatmates went out into town for the night, at which point some of one of my flatmate's friends met up with us. I've met them a few times before, but apparently this was the night that everyone was trying to set one of them up with me, so everyone else was treating me and some girl that I barely know like we were on a date. It was pretty damn awkward.

Was everyone agreed on the person to set you up with or was it a whacky series of misunderstandings and hilarious sabotages as every friend tried to set you up with their individual choice of perfect girl for you while at the same time making all the other candidates look as bad as possible?

SaetonChapelle:
Ive only played a couple times but the table is pink! PINK! I love it. xD But boy am I terrible at the game. Plus I hate beer.

Well, can it be used for different purposes as well, like a Jenga, or is it pretty much a one-purpose object like the colour spin thingy from Twister?

Quaxar:

TheRightToArmBears:

Was everyone agreed on the person to set you up with or was it a whacky series of misunderstandings and hilarious sabotages as every friend tried to set you up with their individual choice of perfect girl for you while at the same time making all the other candidates look as bad as possible?

All with the same girl. The latter sounds much more amusing though!

I... but he... you don't... fuckin'... what?

OT: Never had any weird dates. Currently with my first girlfriend and she seems normal, for the most part.

I went out with this woman once, we had nothing in common, nothing to say to each other, it was all very awkward but somehow I still ended up in bed with her. So it ended nicely for me at least.

excalipoor:
Mine isn't even on the same scale of creepy and/or strange as yours, but I can't imagine a date more awkward.

I once went out with a girl who turned out to be an even bigger wallflower than I am. We spent an agonizing hour staring at the floor, neither of us saying anything, after which we quietly parted ways. For some reason we went out on a second date some time after, which was basically a rerun of the first one. That's when we realized that that relationship probably wasn't going anywhere.

I hate dating. Dating sucks. I don't like it.

Hey at least you didn't have to try actually doing some *ahem* "things" with two incredibly shy people. Myself and the one girl I have ever properly gone out with. Fucking awkward doesn't even describe it.

Funny thing is the moment we parted ways I immediately thought "Well there went 2 hours of anime watching time. What a damn waste" Quiet break up incoming

Woah, back up. Ok, let's just drop the whole dating thing brain. You clearly don't have any interest in it XD

I think i'm too comfortable in being alone and too scared of being overly intimate with a girl to really do much. Kind of a weird antisocial combo. Me and you brain! Let's never leave the house ever again!

Anyway, lol @ the OP. Dating threads are always fun. Everyone has some sort of horror story to tell. 'S fucking great.

I've never had a weird date. I usually shake off the weird ones before I go out with them. That, though. That is creepy. That dude is creepy. Wow. I would have been scared of being locked in a closet and never seeing my friends and family again. Creepy.

SaetonChapelle:
snip

Your story made me laugh. Thanks. That seemed like a dangerous thing to do and I am shocked you didn't leave his ass during dinner when he mentioned the word "serious".

I would never have done what you did, especially if it was a meat stick that was into cars and working out as their main hobbies.

The worst dates I have been on have a similar start as yours, it is a quick "lets get a drink after this", kind of thing. Usually we are half way through our drinks when I realise they have a personality that would rival the chair I am sitting in. I have to stop getting drinks with the pretty ones.

I like interesting people that have thoughts, opinions and you know atleast 'talk'!

SaetonChapelle:
Topic: So Escapists, make me feel better. Tell me about an interesting, awkward, entertaining date you've experienced. :3

I have some dating stories, and some relationship stories, and some stories about girls I liked where I made an ass of myself and nothing came of it, but I'm not sure any of them would make you feel better. That date of yours was a five star clusterfuck. I'd be hard pressed to top that.

"No lies up in here bro."

That's gold, Jerry. Gold!

SaetonChapelle:
Something about Uggs... No idea what kind of shoe those are but they sound unpleasant.

that was....really....really biazre

I men uggs? he wants to buy you ugg boots? (ugg boots are sheepskin boots, like slippers...an Australian thing)

There are so many strange people out there, now I feel weird for never having had a strange date. Maybe I'm good at spotting the weirdos?

Also, I can't for the life of me understand why you stuck through the entire date. I would have ditched him in the first car ride.

Vault101:
that was....really....really biazre

I men uggs? he wants to buy you ugg boots? (ugg boots are sheepskin boots, like slippers...an Australian thing)

They're very popular in the U.S., too. Especially among high school/college girls.

The weirdest first date I ever had was a guy who introduced me to his friends on the first date and talked about how much fun we'd all have in the future. Bit too eager.

I would've gotten some peach cobbler though.

SaetonChapelle:
I was well aware he and I had little to nothing in common. I'm a female gamer, watch animation, have a comic series, am only like 5" tall and although thin, I do not exercise. This man was easily a foot taller then me, built like a brick house, and although a smart gentleman, his interests were in cars and body building.

He picks me up and says he needs to do some shopping. I agree to go along, and on the way he only speaks about his tons of money that he has and the expensive items he spends it on.

As we get to the store, and about ten minutes in he states "Oh man, we need to get matching bathrobes! For, like, when you sleep over at my place!"

twenty minutes into dinner he exclaims he wants to "get serious, no lies up in here bro".

Pretty sure one was making peach cobbler as well. Maybe with his muscles, but it was happening. Damn he was enthusiastic about stirring.

1) Where are you from because short gamer girls are my kryptonite. Sorry if that's weird.
2) Anything CAN happen but without common ground you're usually doomed.
3) He was trying to impress you. Or he's just full of himself. Or both.
4) The bath robes are a scarily obvious sex incentive
5) "bro"? He called you "bro"? Really? *sigh*
6) Probably a protein shake. With peaches. And muscles.

OT: I've never been on a serious "date" like that, so sorry. I just wanted to be relevant...

SaetonChapelle:
Something about Uggs... No idea what kind of shoe those are but they sound unpleasant.

This is an Ugg.

They're Australian.

And AWESOME.

I have had a few.

The most notable one would have to be this girl i was dating in high school. We were pretty serious and it was getting toward the end of my senior year and she was going schizo about Prom. I asked her and she said yes. So being a working guy (Having a job at 17 working 12 hour shifts graves) I paid for everything because i had a bit of disposable income.

She shows up and asks if she and her 'friend' (a gentleman i haven't met before and knew nothing about) could use my bathroom to get ready.

Of course i say "you can, he cannot, as i don't know him"

She responds with random anger and storms into the bathroom, after trying to stealthily grope him, not realizing from that angle i missed... NOTHING. He sits on my couch and glares at me for the entire time, whipping a butterfly knife in and out, trying to intimidate while i sat in my chair, doing nothing really. (Besides texting my best friend, and requesting him to get over to my house)

She returns, 'ready' for prom. Picture this if you will:

I spent probably 200 bucks on her dress and shoes and accessories. It was a rental but i paid for the insurance and whatnot. She picked out the dress and everything and i merely paid for it.

Instead of using the hair straightener on her hair, she decided to burn holes in said dress. She had shredded the wonderfully crafted lower part til it looked like a cyberpunk fairy from a 90's cartoon show would wear.

She then rips the dress off, tells me i'm a selfish asshole, gives the random guy the sloppiest, most oddly sexual kiss right on my couch and they laugh and leave.

(I was able to return the dress and after apologizing profusely and telling the guy i'd pay full damages, he didn't charge me full price {400 extra dollars}. I managed to only have to pay an extra 100)

So yeah, my net profit for that 'date' was a ripped up dress, a trashed bathroom and a rather psychotic ex girlfriend, who i STILL, don't have any idea how i managed that one.

My buddy showed up, and we went bowling instead. He was such an awesome bro, he had a tux left over from a wedding and since i was mostly gussied up, we went bowling in tux's and ties. Probably the most fun I've had bowling ever.

unfortunately for me I AM THE WEIRD AWKWARD DATE. If you go on a date with me i guarantee that it will be filled with long awkward silences mixed with me avoiding eye contact as much as possible.

I've never dated... your story doesn't exactly entice me!

Seriously, that sounds like the worst date ever. When I read "matching bathrobes", ALL the alarms went off in my head. ALL of them.

Creepy guy is creepy. Avoid him like plague, or use fire as anitbiotics to cure him :D

My weirdest date isn't all that weird. I met a girl at my second high school during a writing club meeting. We worked together reviewing submissions for the literary magazine, editing, censoring, destroying and accepting various stories, songs, poems, insane scramblings of the mentally disturbed, etc. and started talking. We both shared various interests and by the end of the meetin had show eachother our own poems and stories and discovered that our styles and tastes meshed well. After a few more meetings and days out chilling with a mutual friend we decided to date. On our first date we did things of mutual interest (gaming, anime, scathing critiques of ancient Greek philosophical movements) and just chilled. Things got weird right about then. She started talking about children, our future, my converting to christianity, and how when we have sex she wanted me to call her "My little bunny" as she called me Daddy....

Then she made several aggressive sexual advances towards me. If Either of us had protection and she hadn't freaked me out with the talk of babies and daddy I'd have been all for it. But I was damned weirded out at the time. Then she broke down in tears for a couple hours.

Very weird date.

chaos order:
unfortunately for me I AM THE WEIRD AWKWARD DATE. If you go on a date with me i guarantee that it will be filled with long awkward silences mixed with me avoiding eye contact as much as possible.

Wanna date me? We can avoid eye contact together and get matching sunglasses so we can make even less eye contact!

Why on earth would you stay with him so long? I would have ditched him really quickly for how creepy he was being.

I haven't been on any "weird" dates, just uncomfortable ones. And my success rate with asking girls out in person is a whopping 0%. At this point a stranger is about as attractive to me as a blank wall.

Beffudled Sheep:

chaos order:

Wanna date me? We can avoid eye contact together and get matching sunglasses so we can make even less eye contact!

SUNGLASSES why didnt i think of that!

captcha: Pepper pots ... i fucking wish

chaos order:

Beffudled Sheep:

chaos order:

SUNGLASSES why didnt i think of that!

captcha: Pepper pots ... i fucking wish

Because its so simple! The solution has been stealthily avoiding your eye contact for years! But now you know :D

Sorry, never been on a date really.

Unless... going to a movie with a friend and both of us making fun of said movie counts.

Didn't go anywhere in any case. (mostly due to my own social incompetence, crippling shyness, and really... not much desire to date anyone to be honest. I'm a bit asexual, you see)

Well my dates are usually run of the mill. But I did date a girl who cried for a recreactional activity.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked