Which fan-pairings do you hate, and why?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

SirPlindington:
One word: Valduggery. Val-fucking-duggery.

VALDUGGERY.

OH GOD VALDUGGERY[1]

Yes, please?

I don't know what fandom you're referencing. I am oh so curious.

[1] Mayhaps I should explain. Valduggery is the unholy fandom coupling of a five hundred year old skeleton and a 17 year old girl. Need I say more? Seriously, need I? Because I have a metric fuckton to say, which I can and will spew forth at the slightest urging. Going on. I dare you.

game-lover:

SirPlindington:

VALDUGGERY.

OH GOD VALDUGGERY[1]

Yes, please?

Oh, sorry. Totally should've put that in. It's the Skulduggery Pleasant fandom, the name "Valduggery" coming from the name Skulduggery (the aforementioned skeleton) and Valkyrie (the aforementioned 17 year old). Are you requesting that I outline why it is such an incredibly horrible pairing? I wouldn't want to rant at you for no good reason.

[1] Mayhaps I should explain. Valduggery is the unholy fandom coupling of a five hundred year old skeleton and a 17 year old girl. Need I say more? Seriously, need I? Because I have a metric fuckton to say, which I can and will spew forth at the slightest urging. Going on. I dare you.

Honestly I don't see the problem. I don't do it myself, but I don't see it as hurting anybody. It's just another form of fan fiction.

Let people have their fun, just don't read it if you don't like it.

Personally, I don't like any pairing that isn't made by the original creator(s) of a character. However, the one that irks me the most is Scar/Zira from the Lion King movies. I hate it even more than the disturbing Sonic fan pairings I've come across, only because I've seen it often and some people believe it's canon since Kovu looks similar to Scar and Zira seems to be obsessed with him. Even though it is stated in the movie that Scar isn't Kovu's dad, people STILL pair them up. Oh, that also means that Kovu/Kiara = incest.

Zyxx:

It was his idea... to impress his peers. He didn't do it in order to check out girls; he went through with it in order to project the image he wanted in his social circle, because he's still not comfortable just being himself. What is that, if not peer pressure?

Naoto is boyish-looking enough that he's attracted to her at first glance. The discovery that she's a girl gives him some hope that he might really be straight: you can see this in his dialogue for the swimsuit competition. "Make me a man;" he says: he's hoping that if he still finds her attractive in a swimsuit, like a man's "supposed" to, it'll mean he isn't gay. Unfortunately we don't get to see if this would be the case.

I think the whole "that other me is me" at the end of his S.Link sort of clinches it, because "that other me" wasn't anything but a giant gay stereotype. It was concentrated, distorted reflection of everything he's trying to deny he feels and the fear of what he'll be if he accepts that part of himself.

OT: I saw a Cracked.com article recently, "Top 5 baffling Christmas-themed Fanfics." The winner was an mpreg (male pregnancy) ship between Snape and Harry. Because that's completely possible, not even slightly creepy, and having your male characters knock each other up with no explanation of how the hell that works is totally acceptable and doesn't make me want to gargle bleach.

That is EXACTLY what peer pressure isn't, peer pressure is when your peers pressure you into doing something, nobody pressured him into doing what he did, they did the opposite and tried to convince him not to do what he was going to do.

I guess we read that bit at the end differently, I could have sworn he said "that other me is also me", referring to the fact that he was hiding behind a self imposed image, he's as gay as Yukiko is a lesbian, but nobody seems to remember that part where she waits for her "prince" and informs you that her "prince" is Chie, and what about Rise? Are we to assume she's a stripping show off when they clearly show she isn't? The shadows are NOT representations of the characters, they are repressed thoughts, Kanji thought he might be gay (because girls laughed at his hobbies and guys accepted the tough image of him) and couldn't accept that, that's why his shadow was gay, Yusuke cared about that liqueur store girl, but also wanted something interesting to happen, and the murders were certainly interesting, but he tried to ignore that over finding what happened to her, that's why his shadow didn't care for the girl at all, they are only repressed thoughts a person might have that they cannot accept, nothing more.

That Cracked article was fucked up though, how did they find these and why were they looking?

Warachia:

Zyxx:

It was his idea... to impress his peers. He didn't do it in order to check out girls; he went through with it in order to project the image he wanted in his social circle, because he's still not comfortable just being himself. What is that, if not peer pressure?

Naoto is boyish-looking enough that he's attracted to her at first glance. The discovery that she's a girl gives him some hope that he might really be straight: you can see this in his dialogue for the swimsuit competition. "Make me a man;" he says: he's hoping that if he still finds her attractive in a swimsuit, like a man's "supposed" to, it'll mean he isn't gay. Unfortunately we don't get to see if this would be the case.

I think the whole "that other me is me" at the end of his S.Link sort of clinches it, because "that other me" wasn't anything but a giant gay stereotype. It was concentrated, distorted reflection of everything he's trying to deny he feels and the fear of what he'll be if he accepts that part of himself.

OT: I saw a Cracked.com article recently, "Top 5 baffling Christmas-themed Fanfics." The winner was an mpreg (male pregnancy) ship between Snape and Harry. Because that's completely possible, not even slightly creepy, and having your male characters knock each other up with no explanation of how the hell that works is totally acceptable and doesn't make me want to gargle bleach.

That is EXACTLY what peer pressure isn't, peer pressure is when your peers pressure you into doing something, nobody pressured him into doing what he did, they did the opposite and tried to convince him not to do what he was going to do.

I guess we read that bit at the end differently, I could have sworn he said "that other me is also me", referring to the fact that he was hiding behind a self imposed image, he's as gay as Yukiko is a lesbian, but nobody seems to remember that part where she waits for her "prince" and informs you that her "prince" is Chie, and what about Rise? Are we to assume she's a stripping show off when they clearly show she isn't? The shadows are NOT representations of the characters, they are repressed thoughts, Kanji thought he might be gay (because girls laughed at his hobbies and guys accepted the tough image of him) and couldn't accept that, that's why his shadow was gay, Yusuke cared about that liqueur store girl, but also wanted something interesting to happen, and the murders were certainly interesting, but he tried to ignore that over finding what happened to her, that's why his shadow didn't care for the girl at all, they are only repressed thoughts a person might have that they cannot accept, nothing more.

That Cracked article was fucked up though, how did they find these and why were they looking?

Self-imposed social pressure, then, if you don't like the "peer pressure" label.
I always thought of the Shadows and Personas as more significant aspects of their personality than simply repressed thoughts. I interpreted them as genuine parts of themselves that they couldn't accept; their shadows in the Jungian sense.
But we could argue interpretations of Persona all damn day; that's part of what makes the games so brilliant.

As for the Cracked article, they were looking because that's how they know suckers like you and I will read it to our inevitable detriment.

captcha: who is it? One of the tracks for Persona 4 is titled "Who's There?", so this feels appropriate

I always thought the shipping thing was pretty gay.

I'm seriously, it is probably the most homosexual activity on the planet. One of the very first fanfiction pairings ever was between Kirk and Spock, and this is where the term "slash fiction" originated. Since then every fictional male ever written has had sex with every other fictional male, in some dark, moist pit of the internet.

Now this is all fine and dandy, personal fantasy certainly has its place, and I don't even care about people sharing it with each other, but good lord am I staying away from that. The pairings that people come up with are insane and disturbing and I do not want my favorite unreal people to have that side to them in my head.

The one that is bothering me the most right now is the aforementioned Sherlock Holmes/John Watson. This I can actually understand, as there is great chemistry between the roles and the actors playing them. Any fan of gay male hookups is going to see that and drool all over it, but I hate it. I am not even always against such pairings when they make sense, but here's the thing: These are hundred-year-old characters who never had anything resembling a sexual relationship in any published work, ever. Leave the classic characters alone, people, and just accept that not everyone has to bang every person they know.

SirPlindington:

game-lover:

SirPlindington:

VALDUGGERY.

OH GOD VALDUGGERY[1]

Yes, please?

Oh, sorry. Totally should've put that in. It's the Skulduggery Pleasant fandom, the name "Valduggery" coming from the name Skulduggery (the aforementioned skeleton) and Valkyrie (the aforementioned 17 year old). Are you requesting that I outline why it is such an incredibly horrible pairing? I wouldn't want to rant at you for no good reason.

Well no... you answered my question about the fandom.

But I'm tempted anyway because it sounds like it'd be hilarious.

The Doctor and the Master. Uggh.

Also, any pairing in MLP because they all eventually devolve into rule 34.

Eomega123:
Shipping doesn't really grind my gears, I find it more humorous than rage-inducing. On that note:

Pictured above is a shipping chart for My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. A larger version can be found here.
Some points of interest:
There are several pairings of characters who have never had speaking lines.
Every main character has been paired with themselves at least once.
Multiple characters have been paired with pets.
Mutliple characters have been paired with inanimate objects.
Multiple inanimate objects have been paired with other inanimate objects.
Someone has been paired with Daring Doo. Daring Doo is a fictional character.
Someone has been paired with Twist. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just icky to think about.

Like I said, it doesn't make me mad. I just find it funny.

Even the potato sack is getting some in fanfics.

All of them.
Really.
They always come off as spitting in the face of the writer or creator because they are almost ALWAYS out of character. And for some reason everyone assumes close friends can't exist and that two characters must be gay. People always say I'm homophobic when I say that I am particularly miffed by gay pairings, but I am. You can't just change a characters sexuality. I treat characters like people, and unlike some people I respect their sexuality through and through I don't just change it.

game-lover:

Snippery Central

I would go into extreme detail, but I've been looking it up, and apparently in the latest book something happens which validates it, at least a tiny bit. But, I will put it in a very cut-down version. First off, the two characters met when the girl was 12, and he was still centuries old, he's basically her surrogate father, no, scratch that, he is her surrogate father, they are very clearly established within the canon to be absolutely platonic, the skeleton had a family and a massive part of his backstory and character development is how they died, and why they died, and how he's still shaped by it, and for fuck's sake, there's a 500 year age difference, if not more! Shipping them is like shipping Emily Kaldwin and Corvo. Which also exists, surely enough, but it's wrong. Just wrong.

Harry and Snape makes me cry and die a little inside.

Pretty much any "fan pairing" for A Song of Ice and Fire, but especially Sansa+Sandor. It just seems really dumb.

sextus the crazy:

KiloFox:

sextus the crazy:

Totally agree. Apparently two men cannot be close friends without being lovers. It makes much more sense anyway. Soren is too professional to get involved in that sort of thing.

well yeah there IS the whole "2 men can't show emotion to each other without being shipped by yaoi fangirls" aspect, but i could care less about that implication. hell, if *I* lived in Tellius (that Fire Emblem's land). i would TOTALLY try and hook up with Soren. (even if i was Laguz and that meant losing the ability to shift. which would suck. but Soren? WORTH IT [actually that only happens once a kid is made now i think about it... so it wouldn't matter since i'm male... still, you get my point])
i guess the main reason i don't like the pairing is because *I* want Soren.

Hahaha, nice. Yeah, Well I can't argue that Soren isn't awesome. While I don't exactly want him as a lover, I think he would make for an awesome companion and friend, seeing how we're both reserved bookish types.

yeah, Soren is defiantly a reason why i love PoR and RD so much. him and the laguz.
i USED to be a reserved bookish type, but i eventually "came out of my shell" so to speak and am a lot more outgoing now.

actually, one of the reasons i'm looking forward to Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS, US release February 4th) is because Soren is available (among other characters) as a DLC download.

Which one? Almost every fan pairing ever made.

In fact, fan pairing and Mary Sue are the main reasons Sturgeon's law is almost tailor suited to describe any fan fiction.

Any pairing where the two characters involved either have never met face to face or absolutely despise each other. (Example: Mello/Light from Death Note or Jack/The Illusive Man from Mass Effect.)

I only tend to dislike it when there is no basis for it in the canon. This normally tends to be the case when either the character has little to no interaction with the person, or their sexual orientation is changed in order to make it work.

Flamezdudes:
I'm a massive Evangelion fan as you can see. I hate the Kaworu and Shinji pairing with a passion, it just makes no sense at all. Shinji is not gay.

And no, it's not me being homophobic, I just don't think Shinji is at all homosexual.

I never got that one either. I thought it was quite obvious that Shinji was heterosexual.

erttheking:
Yeah, it doesn't really bother me. I refuse to be one of those people that goes on about how my faith in the human race dies a little because I don't approve of what some people do in their spare time.

It's kind of ridiculous how seriously some people take it isn't it. Unless the people are insisting that their fan pairing is canon, or constantly going on about it, I honestly cannot see what peoples problem is.

I can only assume that these people hate Shepard being with anybody then as well. Seeing as there is no canon for it.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

OT: Sam and Frodo.

They are not gay.

From reading the books I never once got the impression that they were in love or gay, but the way they filmed their scenes for the movies was a little... suggestive, but that's just poor directing really.

KiloFox:

sextus the crazy:

KiloFox:

well yeah there IS the whole "2 men can't show emotion to each other without being shipped by yaoi fangirls" aspect, but i could care less about that implication. hell, if *I* lived in Tellius (that Fire Emblem's land). i would TOTALLY try and hook up with Soren. (even if i was Laguz and that meant losing the ability to shift. which would suck. but Soren? WORTH IT [actually that only happens once a kid is made now i think about it... so it wouldn't matter since i'm male... still, you get my point])
i guess the main reason i don't like the pairing is because *I* want Soren.

Hahaha, nice. Yeah, Well I can't argue that Soren isn't awesome. While I don't exactly want him as a lover, I think he would make for an awesome companion and friend, seeing how we're both reserved bookish types.

yeah, Soren is defiantly a reason why i love PoR and RD so much. him and the laguz.
i USED to be a reserved bookish type, but i eventually "came out of my shell" so to speak and am a lot more outgoing now.

actually, one of the reasons i'm looking forward to Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS, US release February 4th) is because Soren is available (among other characters) as a DLC download.

tru dat. The spot pass unlock stuff looks awesome. Too bad Canas isn't one of the unlockable ones :(

sextus the crazy:

KiloFox:

sextus the crazy:

tru dat. The spot pass unlock stuff looks awesome. Too bad Canas isn't one of the unlockable ones :(

i'm disappointed the Nepehnee is available, but as a General because there's no Halbredier class... i LOVE that class. them and Assassins are my favourite. i'd have a team full of halbrediers, assassins, and Soren if i could. and i would destroy everything. because Nephenee destroys any map she's in, Soren does too to a point, and assassins dodge like a boss and screw up everyone's day. especially when lethality activates.

Eh, it depends.

I'm not into random pairings between random people, but I don't mind certain "crossover couples" as in, pairings of characters from different shows... as long as they make some sense.

And while I'm not homophobic, I don't like it when they just make a character gay (though if the story is good, I'll still read it)

Us bronies have got it bad.

Every Fic suggests that Rainbow Dash has been around the block...fuck that, Rainbow is the block that anything with a libido walks according to fan fiction.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash irks me something fierce. Just because the are both athletic and competitive they have to be lesbians?

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. Cool, i like this pairing.

Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts...No.

Rarity ships that are with Spike annoy me. Mainly because I don't think that The age gap is that large. Spike was born before Twilight went magic kindergarden at Celestia school. If we assume that their aging is humanized Twilight would probably be like an 18 year old and rarity would probably be around 20-22, leaving spike at like 14. Rarity might not even be older than Twilight all we know for a fact is that Fluttershy is older than Pinkie.

Final Fantasy has it bad

Cloud and Sephiroth
Vaan and Ashe
Van and Balthier (were did they even get that Idea)
Fran and Gabranth (Really?)
FFT:A Protaganist and the female character with the Vierra.
FFT:A Protag and Montblanc
Tidus and Wakka
Tidus and Aron
Rikku x Paine x Yuna

DBZ

Goku and Vegeta

Street Fighter

Ryu x Ken
Ryu x Akuma
Guile x Chun Li (Though it was heavily implied in one of those movies or series, but I think Chun Li was just young and really friendly with him.)
Chun Li x Vega (No words)

---------------

Sailor Moon shipping in general.

---------------

Can't even do Tenchi because everyone was in love with him. Even immortal multiverse shattering goddesses wet their panties in the presence of Tenchi Masaki's awesome swag.

------------------

Yu Yu Hakusho

Hei x Yusuke Yurameshi

----------------

Bleach

Ichigo is such a bad character that I can't tell if he favors any female around him. Therefore I hate all Ichigo ships.

Soi Fon and Yoichi...because it's obvious that Soi Fon loves her a bit more than idol thus making this ship not fun.

----------------

Any ship in Kung Fu Panda that isn't Po x Tigress, because Dreamworks basically shoved Po x Tigress in our faces with KFP2.

Blanket statement over all instances of Twincest. I'm sure someone else has mentioned this in part or in whole but couples like Fred and George (Harry Potter) or the twins from Ouran Host Club. Just STOP IT. The twin relationship is definitely unique and awesome but keep sex out of it...

dangoball:

Fun shipping is in Berserk though, since there is a buck load of evidence for any of it. Gutts x Griffith being a popular, albeit somewhat one-sided one. Now that I think about it, most Berserk shipping is one-sided. Griffith being gay for Gutts, Farensee (or how's that rich bitch called) having the hots for Guts, our young witch having Daddy complex with Gutts (that's lots of Gutts, eh?), trolls enjoying teeny witches... Fun times :)

Doesn't the author kind of hint at some of these relationships with the teasing characters like the elfs do? I know the little witch is teased like this by her elf several times.

What I like about it though is that while other characters may develop something that may or may not be interest (and the little witch definitely has feelings stemming from father issues, though she doesn't acknowledge or probably even know about them) Gutts remains ... almost above these kinds of feelings. I'd guess that's due to him being raped as a child, but it's an interesting dynamic.

sakura haruno and Naruto uzimaki, why would naruto get with the chick who physically and verbally abused him for being an orphan, and then used him to get the guy she does like back, then lie to him to try and kill said guy and completely invalidate Naruto's purpose for a 100 or chapters. even kishimoto-san went, "i think that's enough" and made Naruto and the other members of the konoha 9 kinda dislike her, shes a bad person.

and then the girl that likes Naruto is well hot, by anime standards, she actually developed a body, a person who is attractive nice and likes you for you . oh please explain how sakura has to be the love interest because she was the first female introduced, oh tell me again how hinata does deserve it because she is shy, because pubescent teenagers aren't shy, right?

but from what i can tell from this latest chapter of naruto , it seems naruto is starting to realize this fact too.

i usually don't care for ships, because that's one part of the internet i tend not to delve into, it just shows up when i search two male characters names to closely, but this naruto sakura business has to stop.

I utterly detest my archnemesis: Discord. But you don't see me making stories about how he wuvs me and wants to make babies with me!

Well, Naruto is the only series where I really care about pairings so without further ado. That being said I don't really "hate" any pairings or their fans. If people wan't to ship them that's fine. They're just not for me.

NarutoxHinata. If I had to describe this pairing in one word, it would be "entitled". Naruto and Hinata have barely interacted and even with the recent development in the manga, Naruto's relatinship with Sakura is still much deeper. However, there are certain hardcore NaruHina fans who believe that because Hinata is so "cute" and "nice" that she deserved Naruto. From that perspective, it's basically a "nice girl" pairing.

SasukexSakura. This is another pairing which has zero development. It also really degrades Sakura's character and it does nothing except hold her back.

The Tall Nerd:
sakura haruno and Naruto uzimaki, why would naruto get with the chick who physically and verbally abused him for being an orphan,

Sakura's dislike for Naruto had nothing to do with him being an orphan. The reason she hated him was because she saw him as a pest who wanted to interfere with her love life and who enjoyed making her feel miserable. It wasn't true of course, but then again she was twelve. Kids are immature and they often lack perspective. Sakura's lack of faith in Naruto was mostly justified. At the beginning of the series, Naruto was all talk and no walk. It wasn't until he finally proved himself as a great guy and a great ninja that Sakura and eveyone else began to acknowledge him. In fact, once Sakura saw how selfless and dependable Naruto could be, he became the person that she trusted the most. She was one of the first people to save him from the hell of loneliness and she also cheered for him multiple times, like during his fight with Kiba and his fight with Neji as well as his fight with Tobi and Pain.

The Tall Nerd:
and then used him to get the guy she does like back,

You mean the "Promise of a lifetime"? That was something that Naruto chose to take upon himself. Sakura did ask for Naruto to bring him back, but it was Naruto who decided to turn it into this big promise.

The Tall Nerd:
then lie to him to try and kill said guy

Whether Sakura's confession was a complete lie is still up in the air. The parts about her being over Sasuke were definerely a lie, but the parts where she talked about how great Naruto had become seemed very genuine. Also, she reason she lied to him was to relive him of the POAL. She wanted to take the burden of killing Sasuke upon herself so that Naruto didn't have to. Pretty noble if you ask me.

The Tall Nerd:
and completely invalidate Naruto's purpose for a 100 or chapters.

Are you referring to Naruto's desire to bring Sasuke back or his desire to Bring him back for Sakura's sake? Because at that point Naruto made it pretty clear that the POAL wasn't his main reason for trying bring Sasuke back.

The Tall Nerd:
even kishimoto-san went, "i think that's enough"

Source?

The Tall Nerd:
and made Naruto and the other members of the konoha 9 kinda dislike her,

Not true at all. In fact, Sakura is very well liked amongst the K11.

The Tall Nerd:
shes a bad person.

She's not a bad person. She's just a very flawed person. There's a difference. Having flaws doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you human.

The Tall Nerd:
and then the girl that likes Naruto is well hot, by anime standards, she actually developed a body,

How is this relevant?

The Tall Nerd:
a person who is attractive nice and likes you for you.

Hinata is indeed very attractive and nice, but the question is whether she is in love with Naruto as a person or Naruto as an ideal. Sakura likes Naruto for who he is, while it doesn't quite seem like Hinata knows the real Naruto.

The Tall Nerd:
oh please explain how sakura has to be the love interest because she was the first female introduced,

That has nothing to do with it. It's not that she's the first female. It because she's the only female that Naruto has shown any romantic interest in.

The Tall Nerd:
oh tell me again how hinata does deserve it because she is shy, because pubescent teenagers aren't shy, right?

It's not so much the fact that she's shy. It's more that she's not as close to Naruto as Sakura and also because, as I mentioned before, she doesn't seem to know the real Naruto.

The Tall Nerd:
but from what i can tell from this latest chapter of naruto , it seems naruto is starting to realize this fact too.

Maybem but so far there is nothing to suggest that. We still haven't gotten Naruto's perspective on things.

The Tall Nerd:
i usually don't care for ships, because that's one part of the internet i tend not to delve into, it just shows up when i search two male characters names to closely, but this naruto sakura business has to stop.

Let people enjoy what they enjoy. If you don't like something, just ignore it.

Any Timmy Turner pairing with Trixie or Tootie, when I learned that there are people who are debating with each other on which girl Timmy should end up with I died a bit inside.

FallenMessiah88:
Well, Naruto is the only series where I really care about pairings so without further ado. That being said I don't really "hate" any pairings or their fans. If people wan't to ship them that's fine. They're just not for me.

NarutoxHinata. If I had to describe this pairing in one word, it would be "entitled". Naruto and Hinata have barely interacted and even with the recent development in the manga, Naruto's relatinship with Sakura is still much deeper. However, there are certain hardcore NaruHina fans who believe that because Hinata is so "cute" and "nice" that she deserved Naruto. From that perspective, it's basically a "nice girl" pairing.

SasukexSakura. This is another pairing which has zero development. It also really degrades Sakura's character and it does nothing except hold her back.

The Tall Nerd:
sakura haruno and Naruto uzimaki, why would naruto get with the chick who physically and verbally abused him for being an orphan,

Sakura's dislike for Naruto had nothing to do with him being an orphan. The reason she hated him was because she saw him as a pest who wanted to interfere with her love life and who enjoyed making her feel miserable. It wasn't true of course, but then again she was twelve. Kids are immature and they often lack perspective. Sakura's lack of faith in Naruto was mostly justified. At the beginning of the series, Naruto was all talk and no walk. It wasn't until he finally proved himself as a great guy and a great ninja that Sakura and eveyone else began to acknowledge him. In fact, once Sakura saw how selfless and dependable Naruto could be, he became the person that she trusted the most. She was one of the first people to save him from the hell of loneliness and she also cheered for him multiple times, like during his fight with Kiba and his fight with Neji as well as his fight with Tobi and Pain.

The Tall Nerd:
and then used him to get the guy she does like back,

You mean the "Promise of a lifetime"? That was something that Naruto chose to take upon himself. Sakura did ask for Naruto to bring him back, but it was Naruto who decided to turn it into this big promise.

The Tall Nerd:
then lie to him to try and kill said guy

Whether Sakura's confession was a complete lie is still up in the air. The parts about her being over Sasuke were definerely a lie, but the parts where she talked about how great Naruto had become seemed very genuine. Also, she reason she lied to him was to relive him of the POAL. She wanted to take the burden of killing Sasuke upon herself so that Naruto didn't have to. Pretty noble if you ask me.

The Tall Nerd:
and completely invalidate Naruto's purpose for a 100 or chapters.

Are you referring to Naruto's desire to bring Sasuke back or his desire to Bring him back for Sakura's sake? Because at that point Naruto made it pretty clear that the POAL wasn't his main reason for trying bring Sasuke back.

The Tall Nerd:
even kishimoto-san went, "i think that's enough"

Source?

The Tall Nerd:
and made Naruto and the other members of the konoha 9 kinda dislike her,

Not true at all. In fact, Sakura is very well liked amongst the K11.

The Tall Nerd:
shes a bad person.

She's not a bad person. She's just a very flawed person. There's a difference. Having flaws doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you human.

The Tall Nerd:
and then the girl that likes Naruto is well hot, by anime standards, she actually developed a body,

How is this relevant?

The Tall Nerd:
a person who is attractive nice and likes you for you.

Hinata is indeed very attractive and nice, but the question is whether she is in love with Naruto as a person or Naruto as an ideal. Sakura likes Naruto for who he is, while it doesn't quite seem like Hinata knows the real Naruto.

The Tall Nerd:
oh please explain how sakura has to be the love interest because she was the first female introduced,

That has nothing to do with it. It's not that she's the first female. It because she's the only female that Naruto has shown any romantic interest in.

The Tall Nerd:
oh tell me again how hinata does deserve it because she is shy, because pubescent teenagers aren't shy, right?

It's not so much the fact that she's shy. It's more that she's not as close to Naruto as Sakura and also because, as I mentioned before, she doesn't seem to know the real Naruto.

The Tall Nerd:

Maybem but so far there is nothing to suggest that. We still haven't gotten Naruto's perspective on things.

The Tall Nerd:

Let people enjoy what they enjoy. If you don't like something, just ignore it.

if you honest believe all that, you need to read Naruto again, hell you may even need to reevaluate yourself as a person.

because if you deem Naruto entitled, you need to know sadness
the sadness of being abused, of being and orphan of being parentless of seeing your friends betray you and die

you are the entitled person, and .... no im not saying that i will get banned or something

Every.. single.. one

too.

The Tall Nerd:
if you honest believe all that, you need to read Naruto again, hell you may even need to reevaluate yourself as a person.

the sadness of being abused, of being and orphan of being parentless of seeing your friends betray you and die

you are the entitled person, and .... no im not saying that i will get banned or something

On the contrary, I think you're the one who needs to read Naruto again. Pretty much everything you said about Sakura, her relationship with Naruto and the K11 as well as Naruto's relationship with both her and Hinana was untrue.

Also, I didn't say that Naruto was entitled. I said that Hinata was entitled. Why? Because I'm somehow supposed to believe that she deserves Naruto simply because she's such a sweet girl and because she got big boobs. Granted not all NaruHina fans think like that and there are legitimate arguments as to why NaruHina might end up becoming canon, but those that do irk me to no end, especially when they use nonsensical arguments like that.

Sakura never abused Naruto, neither physically nor mentally and even though she doesn't really understand the pain that he has endured, she still tries her hardest to be there for him and support him. Also, while it is true that she technically betrayed him by lying to him and going after Sasuke, she ultimately did it for his sake. Her actions might have been less that admirable, but she had the best intentions.

Also, how exactly am I entitled? That doesn't really make any sense.

FallenMessiah88:

The Tall Nerd:

On the contrary, I think you're the one who needs to read Naruto again. Pretty much everything you said about Sakura, her relationship with Naruto and the K11 as well as Naruto's relationship with both her and Hinana was untrue.

Also, I didn't say that Naruto was entitled. I said that Hinata was entitled. Why? Because I'm somehow supposed to believe that she deserves Naruto simply because she's such a sweet girl and because she got big boobs. Granted not all NaruHina fans think like that and there are legitimate arguments as to why NaruHina might end up becoming canon, but those that do irk me to no end, especially when they use nonsensical arguments like that.

Sakura never abused Naruto, neither physically nor mentally and even though she doesn't really understand the pain that he has endured, she still tries her hardest to be there for him and support him. Also, while it is true that she technically betrayed him by lying to him and going after Sasuke, she ultimately did it for his sake. Her actions might have been less that admirable, but she had the best intentions.

Also, how exactly am I entitled? That doesn't really make any sense.

everything i said was true
sakura physically and verbally abused him , insulting him for not knowing this because of his lack of mother and father, then used "sauskes family died" excuse for saskue being kinda of a prick

she told him to go get sausuke and he listened , he was doing it for her , and they do adress this is the comic, shikamaru actually tells sakura naruto has gone a bit mental because of it,

sakura then lies, to try and kill sauske herself, invalidating nurutos cause for a few 100 chapters, then naruto says he doesnt like her, then everyone else says they dont like her and she should stay away from naruto, and then naruto says he doesnt like her again, and then they dont speak,

all this happened in the manga, and was talked about heavily when it did, i suggest you read the manga over

and sorry about the entitled bits, thought you said something else,

but yeah reread the chapters

UncleUlty:
I tend to be annoyed by Kanji/Naoto,or really any girl but Naoto is the most common.Mainly due to the fact that Kanji is gay. I don't mind it if you're just pairing for the sake of the hottness/crack factor(Trust me that's my main reason for Fuuka/every girl). However when it is serious shipping then no. Also Mitsuru/Yukari,it's not a bad pairing just a little too weak.Chie/Yukiko is done better.

As for non Persona parings,nothing really comes to mind except the Edgeworth/Phoenix pairing, for again lack of support.

NOw I sit and wait for the people who will flood me with "proof" of the above mentioned pairings.

Did you miss the big part of the flowing character arc where he finds out he isn't gay, it has nothing to do with gender, he is just afraid of rejection? He shows mild attraction to chie and yukiko at times and he IS attracted to naoto.

The monster of the Jeepers Creepers series of movies/ANYONE.

Seriously people, what in all of the nine circles of hell?!

Jawfree:

UncleUlty:
I tend to be annoyed by Kanji/Naoto,or really any girl but Naoto is the most common.Mainly due to the fact that Kanji is gay. I don't mind it if you're just pairing for the sake of the hottness/crack factor(Trust me that's my main reason for Fuuka/every girl). However when it is serious shipping then no. Also Mitsuru/Yukari,it's not a bad pairing just a little too weak.Chie/Yukiko is done better.

As for non Persona parings,nothing really comes to mind except the Edgeworth/Phoenix pairing, for again lack of support.

NOw I sit and wait for the people who will flood me with "proof" of the above mentioned pairings.

Did you miss the big part of the flowing character arc where he finds out he isn't gay, it has nothing to do with gender, he is just afraid of rejection? He shows mild attraction to chie and yukiko at times and he IS attracted to naoto.

...Dude, that was only added in the American version. Kanji is gay.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked