What sad thing should I do next?

Pages PREV 1 2

Maybe not sad in a traditional sense but some scenes from Saving Private Ryan can be quite emotionaly disturbing. The landing at Omaha beach is quite ambivalent in the sense that it's quite sad but also incredibly nauseating and disturbing.

It's really American though and that can turn a lot of people off...

I'm a big crybaby when it comes to films and games. Seriously Ill cry when HAPPY shit is going down. Anyhoo just randomly off the cuff, the end of Babe when he says "That'll do pig, that'll do!"

Being less tongue in cheek Grave of the Fireflies was crushing. I watched it once and haven't been able to watch it again. Its been gathering dust on my shelf since.

Capitano Segnaposto:

I want a portable version of Katawa Shoujo. I also want a sequel! It will never happen though :(

I don't care if it is a from a female perspective! I just love the stories and they can do so much in Yamako Academy. If they somehow DO make a sequel: Just don't have those useless sex scenes unless they are in it for comedy sake. Like the Shed scene XD

Some dude made an Android port but it's impossible to find anymore cos 4LS doesn't want anyone touching their baby, and I fully agree with 'em:)

You talking about the "chocolate" one with Emi?:-P

Hanako's H-scene was the only one that felt neccessary IMO; it was a beautiful deconstruction of the White Knight syndrome.

Man, I love Hanako's route so much...

Capitano Segnaposto:

Katawa Shoujo, while it hasn't broken me completely in tears (only played Hanako's and Emi's Routes/Paths), it has made me look into myself and get off my lazy bum. It is inspirational (at least the good endings are. The bad ones just make you cry, a lot. Go play the Bad ending to Emi/Hanako if you want to cry).

KS really puts things into perspective...

Somehow Hanako's Good ending felt like a bad ending to me (her motivations for doing what she did) but that bit with the honey muffins was just incredible

FFP2:

Capitano Segnaposto:

I want a portable version of Katawa Shoujo. I also want a sequel! It will never happen though :(

I don't care if it is a from a female perspective! I just love the stories and they can do so much in Yamako Academy. If they somehow DO make a sequel: Just don't have those useless sex scenes unless they are in it for comedy sake. Like the Shed scene XD

Some dude made an Android port but it's impossible to find anymore cos 4LS doesn't want anyone touching their baby, and I fully agree with 'em:)

Hanako's H-scene was the only one that felt neccessary IMO; it was a beautiful deconstruction of the White Knight syndrome.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Katawa Shoujo, while it hasn't broken me completely in tears (only played Hanako's and Emi's Routes/Paths), it has made me look into myself and get off my lazy bum. It is inspirational (at least the good endings are. The bad ones just make you cry, a lot. Go play the Bad ending to Emi/Hanako if you want to cry).

Somehow Hanako's Good ending felt like a bad ending to me (her motivations for doing what she did) but that bit with the honey muffins was just incredible

Please don't remind me of Hanako! I felt like such an ass after Hanako's scene. I wish I could have stopped myself, but I couldn't. I am so glad that I got the good ending though, I need to replay it and read a bit slower though. I felt like I kinda rushed the end T-T

And yes, I am talking about Emi and the Chocolate. It was hilarious XD

Do you have any idea if there will be more VN's following Katawa Shoujo's wake? Ones that combine the daily lives and routines, how to live with them in a sad, happy, hilarious, respectful way like KS did?

I want a sequel so badly >.<

Or at the very least I want 4LS to stay together and make another game. Last I heard though that they were all going their separate ways :(

Capitano Segnaposto:

FFP2:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Please don't remind me of Hanako! I felt like such an ass after Hanako's scene. I wish I could have stopped myself, but I couldn't. I am so glad that I got the good ending though, I need to replay it and read a bit slower though. I felt like I kinda rushed the end T-T

Do you have any idea if there will be more VN's following Katawa Shoujo's wake? Ones that combine the daily lives and routines, how to live with them in a sad, happy, hilarious, respectful way like KS did?

Or at the very least I want 4LS to stay together and make another game. Last I heard though that they were all going their separate ways :(

May I just say as OP that when i said that Katawa Shoujo nearly got me to cry it was from Hanako's good ending? Seriously, i was looking for an option to have Hisao step in front of a bus for what i made him do....

Back OT, I saw that several people reccomended Grave of the Fireflies, but i dont think that will help anymore... I saw it once alone when i was 12, once when I was 14 with my family, and once with a friend at 17.... (Also, if you two liked Katawa Shoujo, have you seen AnoHana? That was the saddest happy ending ive ever seen....)

Capitano Segnaposto:

What's worse is that she is so much better off if you do Lily's route...

Did you see Cpl_Crud's epilogue for Hanako? It added a lot to her character for me. It's on his blog.

Apparently there's two VNs being made by fans that are "spiritual successors" to KS... And there's Katawa Crash if you wanna laugh your ass off:)

4LS said they might collabo again if they feel like it but it won't be a VN (they're sick of the genre after spending 5 years making one) and it won't happen anytime soon. I hope they do; KS's story was on par with TWD for me:)

The end of the first season of Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, get's me every time.

A lot of people here have mentioned Grave of the Fireflies--and yeah, that will make the overwhelming
majority of people cry. But there's a film in a similar vein--Who's Left Behind--that, well let me just
tell you. I watched this in an anime club. Of the 15 or so people in attendance, all but one had seen
Grave of the Fireflies previously. All those who had seen Grave of the Fireflies agreed that Who's Left
Behind was *much* more tear inducing.
So try Grave of the Fireflies first, and if that doesn't manage it, try to find a subtitled copy of
Who's Left Behind.
There is BTW, a live-action version of Grave of the Fireflies that is less tear inducing, but explains
some of the circumstances and events better.

Clannad: After Story is pretty sad. Clannad, isn't as much, but it's worth it to watch after story.

Firstly, why on Earth was the one guy suspended for recommending a movie? His post was on the short side I guess but at least it was two sentences. His post history is all posts of around this length but at least he was communicating his ideas rather than just putting one word down... I bet he doesn't come back, 5 posts in an he's already suspended for something that's really in the grey area. He's probably wondering what the fuck he did.

OT:I always cry during one specific scene in Shawshank Redemption. Anyone who's seen the movie probably knows the part I'm talking about. I also cry at the end for some reason. I don't know why.

Read the series A Song of Ice and Fire. I know I cried a few times during that. Especially during

RedDeadFred:
Firstly, why on Earth was the one guy suspended for recommending a movie? His post was on the short side I guess but at least it was two sentences. His post history is all posts of around this length but at least he was communicating his ideas rather than just putting one word down... I bet he doesn't come back, 5 posts in an he's already suspended for something that's really in the grey area. He's probably wondering what the fuck he did.

OT:I always cry during one specific scene in Shawshank Redemption. Anyone who's seen the movie probably knows the part I'm talking about. I also cry at the end for some reason. I don't know why.

Read the series A Song of Ice and Fire. I know I cried a few times during that. Especially during

It's because he doesn't post his own ideas, he's just copying and pasting things in other posts (in this case it was the second post in the thread)

I don't cry much (Anymore.... in public) but the Walking Dead game is definitely something i'd reccomend. Not much else i can say.

Good tips here. Few that I didn't notice that made me weep like a bitch are:
Video Game: To The Moon. Play it in as few sittings as possible. Listen to the music, concentrate on the story.
TV Show: Oz. It has humor and it's mostly just a prison-drama, but holy hell there are a few hard points made during that show.

i dont quite understand why the one that suggested snow angels(mattokeol) was suspended..

ok i think i understand now. read the answer on the second page and all his post are just copies of other posts. so... nevermind..

anyways, i'd recommend everything is illuminated.

it can be lengthy at some points but its quite a good story.

I'm surprised nobody suggested that Thai Insurance commercial. I'm sure most people teared up a bit, while watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UZ1SyKPk9U

Nuuu:

RedDeadFred:

It's because he doesn't post his own ideas, he's just copying and pasting things in other posts (in this case it was the second post in the thread)

Ah you're right. I didn't notice that. Thanks for clarifying!

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is supposed to be really sad, if you can look past the Nazi comeuppance.

anthony87:
Scrubs.

Season 3, Episode 14: "My Screw Up".

Like the OP, I don't cry at sad things but the first time I saw that well...it got a quiver or ten.

The one that got me was when Dr Cox breaks down. My tormented mentor i think? or it might even be the episode you were referring to actually...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked