28% (176)
28% (176)
Safety Razor
28.8% (181)
28.8% (181)
Cut-throat/straight edge razor
5.3% (33)
5.3% (33)
Gillete Mach 500 cold fusion reactor, 100 bladed razor for the smoothest shave yet!
21.2% (133)
21.2% (133)
I get my barber to do it
0.2% (1)
0.2% (1)
I don't
9.9% (62)
9.9% (62)
Not hairy enough to shave
1.3% (8)
1.3% (8)
Other
4.8% (30)
4.8% (30)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Men! How do you shave your face?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Normally my electric razor, but sometimes a straight razor or a barber if I'm feeling fancy and want a nice Turkish shave :P

i run an electric beard trimmer over my face every few days on a 3mm setting

Box cutter

srsly I switch between Electric and trimming scissors

Thank you for reminding me of my greatest failing, my inability to make a glorious beard.

souper soup guy:
Thank you for reminding me of my greatest failing, my inability to make a glorious beard.

Then shave, and shave often. Your facial hair will naturally get stronger each time it grows back, and in time you will have the capacity you so desire.

Me? I started with an electric razor, but now I use a four-bladed Gillette something-or-other in conjunction with it. I really should get a cut-throat razor, those look like fun.
Eventually, I like to think I'll work my way to using a sword. That's one of my small goals in life: perform an honest full shave with a sword.

Hmm, I was wondering how well a straight razor worked. I usually just use cheap disposable razors myself.

I use a safety razor for everyday use, and an electric+safety one-two-punch combo for when I shave my beard.

I'd use a straight edge, but I can't be arsed to put on cream.
I like my shaving to be straightforward: put razor on face, move until shaved. Remove clogged blades when required.

I voted other; my face and stubble are so invulnerable and masculine I must shave with an angle grinder!

At the moment, I just use an electric razor. When I grow enough facial hair to have stubble, I'll get a razor that can do custom levels of stubble.

Remington PG-350 for trimming and shortening (also usable for hair) and a Remington PG-9100 for a close shave. Cool water to settle the skin after a shave.

Electric razor, because I cannot be assed doing it properly. I only shave like once a week and I know its never close to what anybody would call a close shave but its a heck of a lot easier.

As I'm a scientist, I shave in the name of fair lady Science! Therefore I use a Bunsen burner.

I actually use the Gillette ProGlide. I doesn't feel any different than other razors, but I like that the backs of the blades are almost fully exposed, so it rinses clean easily. It also takes a while for the blades to become dull, which is important considering that I shave my head pretty often. I also have an electric trimmer for when my laziness allows my hair to grow too long for the razor. I use it to get my hair down to a stubble, and then my razor gets it down to the skin.

I'm tempted to get a straight razor, since I'm never satisfied with the closeness of my shave. On the other hand, I don't think shaving the back of my head with one of those would be the best idea.

I use rubbing alchohol and broken glass. But that's cause I'm all manly and shit. Honestly, I hardly ever shave. I'm a WILD MAN! GRAAARAWWWR! Aroooo!

*that was me turning into a werewolf btw

Hoplon:
I put electric because I use clippers most of the time but for interviews and the like I will wet shave with a safty razor.

This. I used to use my clipper to trim my beard, and when I shaved it off I saw little reason to stop using it :D If I had interviews to go to, I would buy a safety.

Can't really contribute anything here, except for the obvious answer to your initial question:

One blade good, sturdy, reliable, dangerous, lasts a life time or longer.

multiple thin blades in a plastic cage: unreliable, clogs up like a melonfarmer in no time, get blunt quickly requiring replacement (sold separately), lasts anywhere from one shave to a week for most, a month for the most devious, cunning and OCD of end users. Costs not even a bic lighter and a disposable ball pen to produce, costs the consumer its weight in gold. Stupid ass end user can't easily dispose of him- or herself, disposes of not-quite-fully-disposable razor blades instead in a regular interval, providing for keeping demand high and steady.

That's why.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked