You're Awesome!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Harley Q:
So I passed my driver's theory test today, which was a great surprise. (I get very anxious)
Yes many have passed before me, I don't care I'm proud dammit!!!

Hey, I just passed practical! (just before Christmas) I was so elated, I couldn't stop smiling involuntarily every now and again. It was a bit awkward at the funeral I went to, but other than that, yay! I was almost exactly as happy as was pissed off when I failed the first time.

I'm also quite proud of the work I have been doing for a friend's Doll's house, while I made the whole thing, I have just finished laying the parquet floor and varnishing with a few layers of yacht varnish, it's at 1:12 scale BTW (the pictures look like arse because I took them with my Blackberry).

Not something I've done, but something I will do, is style all over my opponent's balls in my upcoming Mock Trial competition!

NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT? SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I've lost 82lbs total and have 18lbs to go before I reach my 'long-term goal weight'. That will be a total of 100lbs lost.

I recently just finished crocheting a blanket for my sister, and I have requests for another two. I'm usually proud of every piece.

And I will also be taking the driving test soon (it's not as impressive since I'm 25)- but as soon as I pass, it's shopping for a vehicle. I've gone with people to buy vehicles before.....I hate it; but this one might be different because it will be mine. But I'll have the other person there, and they can suffer enough for the both of us.

Edit: Congrats OP on passing your test.

I lost over 60 pounds from this last year. I started in July at 269 pounds, I'm almost 200 pounds. Everybody that sees me thinks I'm a twiggy now.

shrekfan246:

Harley Q:

shrekfan246:
But I'm not awesome...

In fact, I'm led to believe that I'm pretty much the opposite of awesome.

Things I'm proud of... well, I'm finally getting a story I've had kicking around in my head down on paper. I got an amp again, so I can finally play my guitar once more.

Other than that, I'm a walking collection of boring.

You are awesome! email me your book/ideas, I'd love to read them. Go on....

I'm not all that shy about sharing the synopsis. I'll just put it in a spoiler box.

The first story is the only one I've gotten heavily conceptualized and have started actively working on, so far.

Awesome m8, I like it. I am working on a book myself (still in the early concept phases). I've envisioned a world where the Devil saves the Earth from God. The general concept being that God has decided he has enough souls to win the final battle, so he plans to initiate the apocalypse. The Devil, fearing he is on the losing side, sets a series of events into motion to save the world. Eventually culminating in the Devil forcing god to break his pact by having an Angel forcefully possess a human (without consent). Right now the details are very sketchy and it needs a lot of TLC to get anywhere, but I have hope for it making paper someday.

Brutal Peanut:
I've lost 82lbs total and have 18lbs to go before I reach my 'long-term goal weight'. That will be a total of 100lbs lost.

I recently just finished crocheting a blanket for my sister, and I have requests for another two. I'm usually proud of every piece.

And I will also be taking the driving test soon (it's not as impressive since I'm 25)- but as soon as I pass, it's shopping for a vehicle. I've gone with people to buy vehicles before.....I hate it; but this one might be different because it will be mine. But I'll have the other person there, and they can suffer enough for the both of us.

Edit: Congrats OP on passing your test.

That's impressive stuff, well done!

I just finished all the credits of my masters degree in Engineering, hell yeah, I'm in a incredible relationship with a great girl, I'm on my way to a incredible high-pay job, also I have a pretty nice body because going regularly to the gym, and I'm seeing the fruits of years and years of skills developement, seeing how a year and a half I was in a crippling depression this is awesome (I got out of said depression because of MLP: FiM, by the way).

Lalo Lomeli:
I just finished all the credits of my masters degree in Engineering, hell yeah, I'm in a incredible relationship with a great girl, I'm on my way to a incredible high-pay job, also I have a pretty nice body because going regularly to the gym, and I'm seeing the fruits of years and years of skills developement, seeing how a year and a half I was in a crippling depression this is awesome (I got out of said depression because of MLP: FiM, by the way).

I am really glad to hear that m8. I had my struggles with depression as well, it was not a pleasant place to be. Congrats on your successes m8, I hope all continues to go well.

barbzilla:

I am really glad to hear that m8. I had my struggles with depression as well, it was not a pleasant place to be. Congrats on your successes m8, I hope all continues to go well.

Thanks! You know how it is then, even when things are going well, and there's seemingly nothing to worry about; one worries, a lot. Then it's pretty easy to freak out and in that ruin the chances of what we have already made. So yeah, we kind of also see behind and think it isn't enough, that we have to achieve more, and well...

Wow, this thread is awesome, because it's help you to appreciate yourself, I think the world has a lot of expectations , and sometimes, once in a while bash that we have made a couple of things good.

Also, I'm proud of being in emotional state where I can say that I'm a nerd, and don't care if people try to bully on you because of that.

I spent a few days digging a really big hole in the ground in Minecraft once. I just turned a small island into a massive square hole in the ground. It was deep, wide and went all the way down to bedrock. This was before we had creative mode, so I had to make a wooden pickaxe, then mine stone to make a stone pickaxe, use it to mine iron, then mine some coal to smelt the iron into ingots and use them to forge an iron pickaxe. I then mined down until I found enough diamond to craft a diamond pickaxe and reach bedrock level.

There was no productive reason to dig a massive hole in the ground. I guess I just did it because I could. I got a lot of resources and materials out of it, though, so I guess that was kind of cool. This was also before the hunger bar, or I would have starved to death several times over during this glorious fool's errand.

Mossberg Shotty:
I'm 18 and I don't have my license. I've failed my test three times, and I have another one scheduled on Friday.

So to answer the question, not bloody much.

My mate's mate failed his practical test the first time by cutting off a police car that was blue-lighting. He failed it the second time by hitting a police car.

He hasn't tried it a third time yet.

Lalo Lomeli:

barbzilla:

Thanks! You know how it is then, even when things are going well, and there's seemingly nothing to worry about; one worries, a lot. Then it's pretty easy to freak out and in that ruin the chances of what we have already made. So yeah, we kind of also see behind and think it isn't enough, that we have to achieve more, and well...

Wow, this thread is awesome, because it's help you to appreciate yourself, I think the world has a lot of expectations , and sometimes, once in a while bash that we have made a couple of things good.

Also, I'm proud of being in emotional state where I can say that I'm a nerd, and don't care if people try to bully on you because of that.

My Depression stemmed from my ADHD. I was diagnosed as a child with extreme ADHD and my parents did nothing. They figured I was just lazy. I would ace all of my tests and fail all of my homework assignments. Well I am a bit lazy too, but for the most part ADHD makes things extremely unbearable when they are boring or repetitive. As such I was always an underachiever in school, strict C average, even though I would ace every test thrown at me. The depression kicked in once I was 24 and living in what was basically a crack house (I was boarding there, I wasn't a crackhead or drug dealer). I realized how big of a failure I was, couldn't hold jobs to save my life. I got lucky and found a good psychiatrist that re-diagnosed me and medicated my ADHD and Depression. I am finally off the SSRIs for depression (for 2 years now) and starting to get my life on track (long term relationship, back in college, and own my own business).

I was never bullied, so I can't really empathize well with your final statement. I have been 6'1" since the 8th grade, so nobody ever really picked on me. Aside from that me and a couple of friends on the football team took it upon ourselves to abolish bullying in our school. We had 3 years of high school where bullies were afraid of getting their asses kicked, so they left everyone alone (I've always been a big nerd, I mean that literally).

Anyhow I hope everything continues to go well for you m8, if you every have any issues feel free to friend me and let me know. I'm more than happy to listen and help in anyway I can.

CoffeeJack:

Mossberg Shotty:
I'm 18 and I don't have my license. I've failed my test three times, and I have another one scheduled on Friday.

My mate's mate failed his practical test the first time by cutting off a police car that was blue-lighting. He failed it the second time by hitting a police car.

I think your mate needs to lay off the GTA for a few weeks before trying next time...

captcha: deep waters; that's one way of putting it.

CoffeeJack:

Mossberg Shotty:

I haven't done anything of the sort, I actually believe myself to be a pretty decent driver.

The thing you have to understand is that the people who administer these tests (in Texas) are one step below nazis. Its hard to not get discouraged.

adamsaccount:
I was busting some classic moves in the kitchen on my own as you do and people saw through the window. I did a friendly wave and moonwaked crappily away

Haha been there my friend, in fact been there way too many times. I really should learn to close my doors but there you go.

Congrats OP, now the pain in the arse test is out the way just one more pain in the arse test and your sorted. :D

I've done nothing special recently but I'm a black belt in a martial art, so I guess there's that.

Also passing my drivers test on the first try, against everyone's expectations, (mines included lol) Although I need a hell of a lot more practice before I start driving for real, don't want to get a big head and all.

Well I just recently learned how to draw chibi and am slowly making my way to more and more advanced kinds of drawings. So that is always fun.

Also I took a class on jewelry making so I can make pendants and rings using a variety of methods. Definitely gonna have to set myself up with a studio once I get my post-college live stable.

I'm the co-author on an academic paper, we just discussed the first round of comments from the peer reviewers. Basically, the first draft was pretty good.

I wrote a significant part of the first draft, so I did good.

I am a great wind that will sweep all before me like a... a great wind!

Congratz!

Oh, you want to know why I am awesome?

I JUST HAD SEX recently!

I wouldn't call myself "awesome". I'm more of a "hoopy frood" kind of guy.

What I'm good at tho? Well, I can weave words quite nicely, though usually have problems with exposition. I also seem to have a knack for saying the right thing at the right time when someone confides in me.

I'm proud of my good music taste

Over the weekend I attended a training camp for a small pro-wrestling company. I must have done pretty well because several of the full-time wrestlers let me know that they were impressed with what they saw from me.

I finished my Masters with First Class Honours, somehow!

That was the last thing I did that made me feel proud of myself.

Well, I'm doing good so far at my studies. Scoring A's left and right, despite having made a switch from English to policy development, which means I have to catch up at an insane pace.

Still, the fact that I've never had a job (and thus have an empty resume) makes the future kinda scary.

I very often stop what I'm doing, look around and go "Holy fuck, I'm a fully-functional, adapted and successful grown-up. How the hell did that happen?"

... I'm 29.

My team recently won in a debate, and it was the first time I felt completely comfortable talking in front of an audience (usualy my knees shake, I stutter, and all that). I also did almost half of the talking, and it was a team of four people. Another guy did about half and the last bit was given to the other two to share.

Also, there is someone in my bio class that thinks she is an actual genius, and I got her as my lab partner.
She then wrote a procedure for the lab and passed it off as perfect, until I pointed out to her that enzymes will start working as soon as they mix with thier substrate. Her proedure had them both added at the beginning, add some other stuff, THEN start the timer. She just was speechless for a few seconds before quickly fixing it.

Also, I am better at chemistry than anyone I know. 'sides my teacher of course. Although, it did make me feel guilty, ruining the curve for everyone with the semester finals...

I got good marks on a practice math exam, which I hope reflects on the mark of the exam when i do it friday. And I signed up for the elderscrolls beta today!
Yaaahhh im awesome.

I find it difficult to talk about myself, I don't like to seem like I'm boasting or bragging... That said, here are a few things I've been told.

- I'm creative. I make small sculptures (usually about an inch tall) that people seem to like.

- I'm great with my hands, which helps with the aforementioned sculpting as well as my LEGO hobby and gaming. Oh, that reminds me...

- I have a LEGO collection of over 325 sets, worth over US$7,600. I'm pretty proud of that.

- I'm good at world-building. I'll spend hours nutting out the finer details of my own fictional worlds, crafting elaborate mythology and backstories for all aspects of them. Too bad the stories I write for these worlds are often pretty lame.

- I'm also apparently a very good lover. One of my favourite little stories is when I was asked how I was so good... while loosing my virginity.

Vault101:

Souplex:
What's up with that dog anyways?
I like it.
I'm pretty awesome at everything I do, except art. I'm the best at being humble though

Comander shepard dog doesnt give a fuck!

Doesn't give a fuck aye?

Okay, why am I awesome? Here's a small list?

- I'm an Australian. G'day!

- I carried my team to victory in TF2 yesterday... as a Medic.

- I'm the only person I know who plays Guitar Hero on Expert.

- I listen to Pendulum. (She's a gunshot briiiide...)

- I'm a JRPG aficionado.

- I got my hands on the Operation Rainfall trilogy of JRPGs months before most of the world, due to my aforementioned Australian-ness.

- I play YuGiOh with a nigh-unstoppable Six Samurai deck.

- I also play Magic: The Gathering with a mono-red deck. I have one strategy only: If I don't like it, I blow it up using fire and lightning. It works. Very well.

- I'm still listening to Pendulum. (Bring it on hooooooome!)

- I'm applying to join the Army as a chef.

- And finally, I'm writing a book called Sapphire Skies. So far, I've only written the prologue, (Which you can find here: http://battleaxx900.deviantart.com/art/Sapphire-Skies-Chapter-00-Prologue-321678619) but I can guarantee at least one chapter per month. Stay tuned!

And that's why I'm awesome. Can you believe that I suffer from low self-esteem issues from time to time?

I killed a boss in Dark Souls without getting hit...
That's about all I can think off that has been recent. Unless you think my unparalleled ability to procrastinate homework is awesome.

just stopped by so the you're awesome puppy can make another appearance

keep being awesome everyone!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked