Lets say you're in prison. How would you spend your time in the cell?
Communicate and be friends with the other prisoners
9% (19)
9% (19)
Sleep most of the time
15.6% (33)
15.6% (33)
Ignore everything and sit there and wait until I can get out of there
7.1% (15)
7.1% (15)
Try to find something enjoyable to do
31.1% (66)
31.1% (66)
Become crazy and scream for amnesty
5.2% (11)
5.2% (11)
Depends how long Im going to stay in there
12.3% (26)
12.3% (26)
Other
19.8% (42)
19.8% (42)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Lets say you're in prison. How would you spend your time in the cell?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Workout and avoid contact with other inmates, except when absolutely necessary.

I would sleep, lurk and find something productive to do. Probably do enough reading for five bachelor's degrees. Work out some.

I would read books if possible and I would write if possible. I'm aware that some maximum security prisons are so strict that they won't let you even have paper or a pen in a cell (for fear of you stabbing someone else with them, although I can't imagine someone being killed with a piece of paper).

If they won't let me read or write, exercise is the next best option, combined with sleep. But I am aware that would be unlikely to occupy my time. If there are other cell mates, I would put effort into knowing them. They're less likely to shove a shiv into my side if I'm on a first-name basis with them. Most prisons have libraries, and if allowed, I would spend as much time as possible there.

Probably watch tv
Prison over here is a joke, it's pretty much a summercamp

PissOffRoth:

Wadders:
Work out, till I end up like Micheal "Charles Bronson" Peterson.

I'd even give the mustache a go.

A lot of reading would get done too.

Is that man drinking urine?

I would not be surprised, at all. He is insane.

Korolev:
I would read books if possible and I would write if possible. I'm aware that some maximum security prisons are so strict that they won't let you even have paper or a pen in a cell (for fear of you stabbing someone else with them, although I can't imagine someone being killed with a piece of paper).

If they won't let me read or write, exercise is the next best option, combined with sleep. But I am aware that would be unlikely to occupy my time. If there are other cell mates, I would put effort into knowing them. They're less likely to shove a shiv into my side if I'm on a first-name basis with them. Most prisons have libraries, and if allowed, I would spend as much time as possible there.

Good thinking man. Thats actually what I would do if this was possible. I'd write or read books. I think they allow things like books and such because theres no way you could cause any harm or trouble with that. I'd guess they dont allow things like TV and such, since that would bring serious enjoyment to the prisoners and could also cause arguments between the prisoners about who will watch what and stuff like that. They dont want prisoners to have fun or have arguments, because if you could have fun in a prison then what is the point of prison? Sure you're locked, but if you get everything you'd get in your own home then being in a prison would be just like being in your own home, the only difference would be is that you're locked and cant get out of there.

I think communicating with the other prisoners would be a good idea though, especially if you're going to stay in prison for a long time, like a year or more. It could help you feel less lonely and have someone to talk to. Obviously there are dangerous prisoners though that could possibly even rape you if you mess with them, even if you were only trying to talk to them nicely. So you still would have to be careful about that.

Work out. That's about it.

Probably have a few flogs a day, too.

Where to start, smoke for a bit, make some fancy toilet-wine, workout, carve shanks, and spend the rest of the day on a coloring book.

OH, and make friends, LOTS of friends, especially with "Big Mike"

Hmm, I an intellectual guy with a weight and attitude problem who can't fight his way out of a paper bag...
Biting down on pillows, trying to think of happy thoughts, most of the time.

Eleuthera:

Holy balls, Dutch prisons are THAT well supplied? Who in there right mind would want to leave?!

OT: Dunno. Maybe draw. Reading is great way to pass time.

Being stuck in a cell for a few years would give me plenty of time to read the entire Song of Ice and Fire series.

I would spend the majority of my time devising various strategies for not getting fucked in the asshole.

Depends. If it's a high security prison with a lot of dangerous people, then maybe try not to get killed or raped.
If it's minimum security, then catch up on my reading. The whole Game of Thrones series, a book of hiakus, a Bukowski poetry book, Super Freakonomics, Hunter S Thompsons' Hell's Angels, and the near-2000 page autobiography of the Soviet ambassador to the US have been sitting on top of my book shelf waiting to be read.
Funny how two English classes are preventing me from reading what I want.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked