Incest

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

It creeps the shit out of me if that's what you're asking.

It depends.

Are they pretty, big busted, tall sisters?

And can I join in?

My belief says it's wrong, and I see it as wrong regardless of that.

Had an oedipal complex, finally broke it. It disgusts me now. Not too sure about morally, but I'm Christian. I don't disapprove of it if it's consensual but I'd never do it.

i better put my 2 cents in before this thread takes a severe left turn.... or right turn?

i am so liberal that it dosent bother me.
it would be hypocritical for me to condemn it when i have seen 'alot of video' containing fake situations,, well maybe not all fake. oh boy umm yep..

i wouldn't suggest siblings have babies, that would be dangerous and wrong.

Aris Khandr:
One of those fun little quirks of human psychology. No one wants to sleep with their own sibling, but just about everyone likes the idea of a threeway with twins. ;)

I say as long as no children are possible, do what you like.

Bravo, I salute you.

Also has anyone seen game of thrones? Lanisters lol

Yes to all of them, I find the whole idea repulsive.

Ooh, stomping on all that culture and personal liberty, are we not?

seydaman:
-Is incest morally wrong?

Yup.

-Should incest be legally banned?

Absolutely.

-Does the act of incest disgust you?

Yup.

As for people getting hurt - the chances of the kids/offspring/litter showing signs of degenerative conditions or other 'anomalies' go through the roof. It is just not a good idea.

Every now and then, a case of 'brother loves sister' or similar makes it to the headlines. Those are but a fraction of the actual cases, inspired by sheer idiocy, ignorance, 'cultural peculiarities' or naughty bits juice flowing a bit too freely. In the end, it's none of my business if these odd pairings don't work out in the end, but what I am bothered by is that the average family humping session creates two to three faulty clones in the process, and the sum of things that can (and will) go wrong is not a pretty sight, and it tends to end up being society's problem to handle, once the misguided confusion and chemical imbalance some people refer to as 'love' subsides and reality comes a-knockin'. Plus, the average ass backwards society that accepts incest oftentimes also just so happens to be not very welcoming of faulty babies, all too readily labelling them to be sent from the devil or some other imaginary bunny friend, just in order to not have to think about the actual root of all random stupidity and evil. Go figure.

It's pretty gross and I don't understand why anyone would want it, but then I don't understand foot, poop, piss, necro, furry, gore, or countless other fetishes either. At any rate, consenting adults should be allowed to do what they like, provided it doesn't hurt anyone.

Arakasi:

Milk:
This thread is going to end well.

seydaman:

Nope.

Nope.

Yeah but provided no one is getting hurt it is none of my business.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Agreed entirely.
Although I think that having a child from incest (however close the relation is that is considered statistically dangerous for the child) should certainly be banned.

But what about if they used that gene selection thingy-ma-bobby that chose that healthiest genes?
And assuming that doesn't work what about just making them have abortions if it's shown that the fetus has physical or mental disabilities?

CpT_x_Killsteal:

Arakasi:

Milk:

Nope.

Nope.

Agreed entirely.
Although I think that having a child from incest (however close the relation is that is considered statistically dangerous for the child) should certainly be banned.

But what about if they used that gene selection thingy-ma-bobby that chose that healthiest genes?
And assuming that doesn't work what about just making them have abortions if it's shown that the fetus has physical or mental disabilities?

That'd be fine assuming it were all accurate.

If the incest is between two heterosexual, blood-related siblings, then yes, it should be banned or some kind of surgery should be undergone to make one of them unable to reproduce. I don't give a shit who or what someone else claims to love, but the dangers of incest-caused birth is too great for the rest of society and the child.

JimB:
It is as morally wrong as killing is; which is to say, this question is meaningless without context. So are the next three, for which reason I will skip them.

That's a more keen observation than most here have given as to the question itself. I appreciate this kind of inquisitiveness to the automatic "s'all good" attitude that this thread seems to boast, especially considering this is a moral issue where context is very important and should not be forgotten or dismissed so easily.

Evil Smurf:
1. Have I noticed I have an attractive cousin? Yes.
2. Do I want to bone her? Society would shun me forever, not worth it.

Mind if I bone her then?

On-topic - No, I see nothing wrong with it. Not having a sister, I'm free to fantasize all I'd like. And when you play Second Life, incest is one of the tamest fetishes you'll ever have the pleasure (or misfortune) of experiencing.

Milk:

seydaman:

Nope.

Nope.

Bamm End thread/ first answer and he got it as long as I dont have to hear details I dont care

Eh, as long as you don't have children I think its fine.
My view on most topics like this as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, except possibly the person doing it as it is their choice, feel free.
But I feel like it would be unfair on the child even if they turn out completely normal just having the incest stigma hanging over their head.

Depends all on the situation, people who are say brother and sister but raised apart don't develop a reverse sexual imprinting known as the Westermarck effect, which desensitizes them to later close sexual attraction; it is hypothesized that this effect evolved to prevent inbreeding but are very likely to suffer from genetic sexual attraction and have a relationship.

Personally I only really see a problem with incest when its across generational gaps(father+daughter/mother+son) since it can be seen as the elder person taking advantage of the younger. Between siblings and cousins(barring no large age gaps) its just sex. The biggest reason that people worry about incest is the passing on of genetic conditions and unless you have something major which would need to be discussed even if you weren't banging your sister, the heavy genetic overlap only becomes a major problem when its across multiple generations.

Aethren:

Evil Smurf:
1. Have I noticed I have an attractive cousin? Yes.
2. Do I want to bone her? Society would shun me forever, not worth it.

Mind if I bone her then?

On-topic - No, I see nothing wrong with it. Not having a sister, I'm free to fantasize all I'd like. And when you play Second Life, incest is one of the tamest fetishes you'll ever have the pleasure (or misfortune) of experiencing.

If only society was different, amiright?

No, it shouldn't be banned or anything like that. If they're two consenting adults who wanna bang each other, why should I care if they're related? Sure, when I think of me having sex with people I'm related to, I wanna throw up. But that's no reason to stop people who like it. It's their business and it doesn't affect me at all.

Just watch the baby-making. Science has clearly stated that the odds for genetic fuck-ups go way up with each generation of inter-breeding. Then again, it almost certainly wouldn't get past the first generation, since the vast majority of humans naturally develop a non-attraction to their family members through...whatever chemical process the brain undergoes. It's late, I can't remember the name of it.

The point is: no babies.

What a man and his relatives do behind closed doors is nobody's business but their own. But once children start becoming a bi-product of the relationship then, well...

No
-In the case of no possible offspring?
Definitely not
-With offspring?
Im not sure about the rate of deformities/problems with inbred children so I cant comment. Maybe.

EDIT: I just thought of something that may or may not be valid; People with certain disabilities have a higher chance of producing children with that disability. I don't think they should be banned from breeding and therefore it would be cognitively dissonant for me to say that it is wrong for related people to have children

No
Other people doing it? No
Me doing it? Yeah a bit but thats no reason to ban anything

I have named this dead fish "Incest" and I'm going to slap everyone's face with it: INCEST!
*slap slap slap*

---

-Is incest morally wrong? Thppt, morality. Bwahaha. Is someone's mating with a close relative messing with someone else? No, than no one should care.

-In the case of no possible offspring? Again, is this really bothering people who aren't involved?

-With offspring? Oops, now we've got an issue. If the child comes out fine, then that's fine. But if the child comes out with mental or physical deformities, then they become a burden on the society they're a burden to society and now you're effecting other people with your perversion. Sure, that can happen with two random people, but not anywhere near the chances close relatives have. Methinks you should look into the ancient Chinese art of Vasectomyfu if you want to boink your sibling.

-Should incest be legally banned? >.> I'm sorry, are they killing people with their weirdness? Stealing money by sleeping with each other? Harming innocent people by privately doing stuff in private? No, we shouldn't take legal actions against consenting adults doing their own thing.

-Does the act of incest disgust you? Actually, not really. At least, not more so than other people having sex. No, I don't care. They're people who are attracted enough to each other to stick bits of each other together, I don't see a difference between relation and not. Except for the offspring bit, but that would just mean I'd find the offspring gross.

What people do behind their bedroom doors is none of my business.

Also, if you're banning incestuous baby-making, you're basically starting a mandatory eugenics program. Slippery slope.

My sister's husband has some terrible genetic diseases he might have inherited from his father. (who is wheel-chair bound and barely able to function anymore) He has a 50/50 chance of developing the same disease. Even if he doesn't develop the disease, any of his biological children will still have a 1/4 chance of developing said disease. If they decide to have children someday, who's going to be the one to tell them no? (not really an issue, because it sounds like they plan to adopt, devil's advocating here)

I mean, hell, my own genes are definitely mediocre. I have a family history of suicide on one side, and lots of heart disease and mental health issues on the other side. (some bi-polar, some depression, some OCD) Does that mean I'm not allowed to reproduce, because my kid is likely to be messed up in the head?

That sort of thinking is pretty dangerous in it's own right. I think that a few incestuous babies are much less of an issue. Incest by its very nature is rather rare, and our population as a species is so massive that a little inbreeding isn't going to hurt it.

If two siblings want to destroy their own family and the life of the offspring they might possibly have by doing it, who am I to stop them?

Let's hope for them the tumble was worth it.

I would find parent/child sexual relationships a bit creepy, even if the child is an adult. But only slightly more so than other intergenerational relationships.

Sblings on the other hand, would be kind of cute. Right now that's still associated with creepy people because the social taboo and the law are strong enough to deter anyone who is not a complete loser, but if we would get rid of that stigma, and more balanced individuals would also be allowed to consider the option, I don't see why a relationship between a brother and sister would be more unhealthy than one between randomly chosen partners.

If anything, it would be even more stable, after all, friends and lovers change, but family is forever.

And with the Westermark effect, we still wouldn't even have to worry about even have to worry about too many people choosing their siblings over genetically viable partners.

Same answer as most above, except the children as a result part.

It seems there are 2 schools of thought one that says children of any incest will be deformed mentally or physically and the other that says one after repeated generations of incest/inbreeding will the lack of diversity become a problem. Quite simply if the first group is right then children of incest are bad and should not be created, but lots of people have sex for fun and not procreation so thats not saying incestual relations are bad. If the second group are right, then I'd have to say that children might not be the "end of days" horror people make them out to be so I'd be against any forced sterilization/abortions

As for it disgusting me, not in the slightest, no more then any other hetro or homosexual relationship would. Quite frankly I'm curious as to how the relationship of two people would matter when it comes to sex. I can understand if one person is preying on the other, but thats not confined to incest. If you're not repulsed seeing a guy and an older woman (cougar) having a romantic dinner then why would it be worse just because 18+ years ago she gave birth to him?

Possible a better question the OP could have asked is if it does then why does it disgust you, beyond "society says its bad"

That is an interesting topic!

I think incest is not morally wrong, as long as it is consensual. This can be somewhat iffy, especially between parents and children. Raising your children to enjoy incest I would consider morally wrong.

I don't think incest should be banned, at least not all kinds of incest. Sexual relationships between children and their parents could be banned, based on the previous point that they might raise their kids to be their lovers, which would be a form of nonconsensual intercourse. But any other constellation (cousins and cousins, siblings, aunts and nieces etc.) should not be banned.

Here is why:
The only remotely valid argument to ban incest, that I have come accross (feel free to correct me, if I am wrong), is that the offspring of incestual relationships have a higher chance of having genetical defects.
The problems with taking that as an excuse to ban their relationship are numerous.
First, there is the obvious, not every couple means to get children. Second, there are a lot of couples around, that have a higher chance of their children having genetical defects. Should we ban older women from getting children? How about people with genetic diseases? Should we ban their sex life too?

Yeah, Incest disgust me. But it only does that, because I was raised in a society in which incest is demonized due to some wierd social construct.

I think it's disgusting and morally wrong, offspring or no. Given the situation between relatives there is often a difference in power at play, making a highly unequal, possibly coerced or manipulated relationship. Any parent that is attracted to their offspring has some serious issues, and it just screams of leading to abuse. There's plenty of Fritzl-esque cases around the world, to different degrees. All of them are shocking. The incest taboo exists for a very good genetic reason and is part of humanity on a cultural, moral and even instinctual level. Subverting it will always seem very, very unnatural to me.

Well look. Consenting adults and all that, so long as they're not creating any children...

...But I'll be frank. No, just no. It's wrong. It's warping and perverting everything that is family.

Headdrivehardscrew:

As for people getting hurt - the chances of the kids/offspring/litter showing signs of degenerative conditions or other 'anomalies' go through the roof. It is just not a good idea.

I dont know who invented this blatent lie but its become so pervasive in our culture i applaud him for his ability to spread total fabrications to sway public opinion. Yay widespread ignorance! Whooo social agenda. Whoo the total destruction of good science.

Actual studies on this show that cousin cousin relationships produce offspring 2% more likely to have a genetic illness. If youd like sources ill provide but wikipedia gives you an asstonne and ive read them and they seem fairly sound. 40% is the figure for extremely close reletives, however that 40% doesnt apply in a flat rate. To expand you have a 40% chance of a couple EVER producing iffy offspring in an incestuous relationship but if that couple is part of the 40% it will pretty much be entirely faulty babies. Those in the 60% will likely always have healthy children. Its all to do with what faulty genes you may carry in your family tree. You see you likely carry a few faulty carrier genes fir various minor things but we have a LOT of genes and when you randomly couple the chances of your partner sharing them are fairly low. And if you do it might only be one like poor eyesight or hearing ect. However when you couple with immediate family you KNOW they will have the same genes so the chance of a double up is raised to the chance you have ANY carrier genes at all since if one exists youre almost certainly going to get a double up. If you DONT however or you inhereted different sets of carrier genes its extremely unlikely your children will be weird. The use of genetic profiling could examine this and let people know if their coupling is in the 40% or the 60%. The more you know.

These errors will not produce children with 3 heads or flippers. People always imagine really weird stuff with zero basis in reality when they picture the deformed incest babies.

You can have reasons to not like incest, i have no invested interest in it so knock yourself out. Just dont continue to pervert science by spreading this affront to real genetics based in stone age ignorance where "I think somethings bad ergo all of objective reality agrees with me!" which hideiously spirals out of control to the point where people then take this faulty reasoning and use it to support thinking the thing is bad in the firstplace. Its so dire i want to face palm. Science is mine bitches, leave social agendas out of it.

I don't have siblings so it's harder for me to judge on a personal level if I'd be cool with it, but I never understood why falling in love with someone who you've been close to all your life was seen to be such a weird and twisted thing.

However, and a couple of people have already said something like this, I'm not down with parent/child relationships (even when the child is an adult) because there's a mis-match of power and equality there that I'm not convinced can be healthy in any relationship. It's not to do with genetics, though, even if it were an adopted child, or a relationship between a person and a family friend who had been very active in their upbringing/learning/disciplining I would not be able to condone it.

NightmareWarden:
I'd like to contribute something I recently learned: Albert Einstein married his first cousin. I'm not sure if this is generally known, but I just learned about it so...

Interestingly, marrying your cousin was really really not a big deal until fairly recently. Heck, Jane Austen wrote a whole book about a lady wondering which of her cousins she should marry (which was about a hundred years before Einstein, but I'm just saying, it wasn't considered an icky or weird thing by society at large).

Even the genetic defects thing isn't an issue with first* cousins as your genes are varied enough - although it becomes an issue if you keep doing it generation after generation. Of course, this is kind of the case for breeding with people with similar genes to you in a wider sense as well, which is why mixed race kids (among humans and also mixed breed animals like cats and dogs) tend to have fewer health problems than kids of same-race couples.

So, yeah, the cousins one at least I'd say is definitely not an unnatural or icky thing, that seems to have just been something we've learned in recent decades to find gross.

*(edited for typo)

Edit:

BiscuitTrouser:
Actual studies on this show that cousin cousin relationships produce offspring 2% more likely to have a genetic illness.

Ninja'd. >_<

I would say yes.

I'm sure most people are imagining pair of cousins meeting for the first time at the ripe age of 19, falling desperately in love with each other but being denied that love based on societal pressures.

But let's be honest, that's not how most incest cases go. Most incest cases involve two closely related people with previous strongly hierarchical relationships that are further strengthened through pressure of the family around them. An aunt and a younger boy, a big brother by several years and a younger girl, an older cousin and a much younger one etc.

All of them cases where, because of their prior association, it's practically impossible to establish consent. Is the relationship truly mutual or is one of them using his/her position in the family to pressure the other? The other probably won't admit such, family is still family after all. In the end you end up in a fucked up situation where it's near impossible to do something about what's going on, if needed, because consent can not truly be established but neither can it be proven it's not there either.

Incest is illegal for the same reason pedophilia is. It doesn't become legal because there's this one amazingly mature 14-year old who is genuinely capable of maintaining a healthy relationship with a 30-year old. It stays illegal because there's so many 14-year olds who don't have that ability, who get pressured into things they really don't want to. Incest involves that same kind of pressure, where someone you're supposed to listen to, you're supposed to respect, is asking you to do things you may not actually want to do.

Morally wrong without offspring?: No, that's fine.
Morally wrong with offspring?: See, regardless whether the whole 'incest = baby mutants' thing is a misconception or not, chances are people in an incestuous relationship will probably not take any chances and adopt a baby or just not have kids at all. If they do, then I suppose it's kinda bad, but eh, I'm not really concerned about it.

Should it be illegal?: No.
Does it disgust me?: Well I'd never do it myself, but I don't mind some incest porn (I sort of have a fetish for some types of taboo sex and no, I already know your opinion of me know, you don't need to tell me) however this is not a bias in my decision that incest is not morally wrong ... entirely.

I consider it a failing on behalf of either party involved for not being able to secure a romantic/love partner outside their own family where there is already a social expectation to love already.

On the flip side I am perfectly fine with them doing it provided they agree that any child that would be born with defects that place a strain on society as a whole is terminated as soon as the defects are discovered.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked