Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Yeah, no reason why it would be a problem.
If anything it'd give some common ground to start with.
It wouldn't have any bearing on a decision anyway, that'd come down entirely to personality and actual attraction.

Have been. Got cheated on.

Will this ever cause issues if I should become attracted to/get into a relationship with another bisexual person? Nope. I don't really care all that much about that kind of thing (er, within reason, I guess. If you're not gay or bi, well, it's not going to happen now, is it?). What I care about is the person as a whole.

And this whole thing against bisexual people that I keep on hearing about? Stupid, and mostly unfounded, prejudice.

EstrogenicMuscle:

Headdrivehardscrew:
I know quite a number of gay and bisexual men. Those living in a relationship model and sex life I can somewhat relate to are TWO, well, FOUR if I add their significant others into the mix. All the others are either...

Well then you've had a very poor experience. And your personal anecdotal does not make for the majority of homosexuals or bisexuals.

Aye. Did I refuse interaction and emotions? No. These stereotypes just happened to be lived out, all in my face, all right smack in the middle of the short stretch of life we've been randomly assigned to live out. Did that make me bitter? I don't think so. But it sure as hell made me more careful, and damn weary of certain things.

Life may very well look like all fun and games and free sex when you're young. Eventually, though, reality will come knocking. You might be able to ward off reality with a hand-picked roster of affirmative, unconditionally acceptable and loving people, blocking out any and all detrimental input from outside your bubble. But reality doesn't care, and nature doesn't care. The virus doesn't care, and age does things to us that are detrimental to our health, no matter what we do.

We all die, and that makes us all the same, no matter what we make of it.

Still, there's enjoyable stuff to do and learn and pick up on the way.

Like this here gem:

Sometimes I think I might be a lesbian trapped inside a man's body.
All my girlfriends have been some degree of gay/bi.
The ones I liked the best were always more gay than the others.

There is something about the types of personalities usually associated with these sexual preferences that I find appealing.
Maybe they just have a greater degree of weirdness or an open mindedness that someone odd like me would enjoy.

Don't see why that would be a problem. Actually my inner teenage boy would be excited by the prospect.

I have no problem with it at all. Heck, I'm attracted to women all the time. I don't usually want to sleep with them, but I don't think I'd say no if one asked. And if a guy was? Fine by me - obviously I find men attractive, so why wouldn't another guy?

Seriously, no issues whatsoever. As long as they're faithful, it's all good.

Xiado:
Hate to break it to ya OP, but you don't choose who you're attracted to.

I can, it takes a bit of effort, but it gets easier and easier to see people as unattractive to preserve my sanity, as most if not all women wouldn't touch me with a bargepole, I tend to force myself to stop finding them attractive so that I can go on with my life without the hassle of wanting to be with anyone, I'm still lonely as hell, but at least it's not because of any specific woman ignoring me.

Anyhow, on topic, I don't see why it would affect me, remembering back to the times when I was actively dating, and wasn't treated like some kinda freak, I can't see bi-sexuality as a problem, as long as said individual is female, and attractive to me to begin with, and finds me attractive in return, then it really doesn't matter, though it hasn't really ever happened, I find that at least in my experience, all of the bi-sexual women I've known are into more feminine men, I'm a big burly beardly man who tends to be a bit too far on the manly end of maleness and am "not their type" apparently because of this.

It's a total non-issue. It's like asking me if I could be attracted to someone wearing a hat, or someone who really liked spaghetti.

I don't know how it could possibly be a thing, unless you're the sort of person who conflates bisexuality with promiscuity, or believes homosexuality in any form is a sin.

manic_depressive13:
I wouldn't care at all if the person I was dating was bisexual.

I have a friend who is gay and he told me that he wouldn't want to date a bisexual because, since their dating pool is larger, they would be more likely to cheat. Or something. Anyway, we had an argument about that and I think I convinced him of the absurdity of such a belief by the end.

Why is it that gay people are so prejudiced against bisexuals? Isn't it kinda hypocritical? I mean they struggle so much to get accepted by heterosexuals and yet here they are, showing the same amount of bigotry that they are fighting against in the first place, only towards bisexuals.

I don't see why it would matter. I've been in a relationship with(at least) one girl who was bisexual. Thought it was kind of sexy, but as a straight male it's not that surprising.

Um, I dated two and married one; does that answer your question?

I am genderfluid/transgendered. Bisexuals are my primary partners, since it removes the burden of expected gender for myself.

My latest girlfriend was a bisexual, it was longest relationship I have been in, probably also the best. To me it has no influence whether my partner is or isn't bisexual.

Small, but bigger chance for threesome with 2 of the other gender. Not that it really attracts me to have a threesome.
Call me a heretic, but I see it as double the work instead of double the pleasure.

Saelune:
I am genderfluid/transgendered.

What does that mean? The genderfluid part I mean, I've never heard of it.

To answer the question no of course not. I can't imagine any guy having a problem with his girlfriend being attracted to girls as well.

Every bisexual girl I have dated so far has gone off with someone who is male. Some because they were doing 'bisexual is fashionable' for girls thing, and some because they'd decided that they'd rather have a 'normal' relationship with a guy.

This has probably coloured my opinion in a rather negative way. I mean, I could still be attracted to and be willing to date a girl that was bisexual, but I am now far more wary than I was before.

What? Yes, of course. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it really, seems like an odd issue to have.

Well, no shit man. You could be attracted to anyone if their gender happens to be what you find attractive. Ah, now you're asking if the potential rewards still outweighs the risks... seeing as how the risk of cheating shot up by roughly 100%. The answer is still a resolute "no" because I'm not even taking that risk for a person who could potentially find only half of the population to be more attractive than me.

But wait, I bet you're trying to get a "normal" perspective here. Well, if I were actually interested in any kind of romantic endeavor, I'm sure I would have some weird ideas. So, let me play the Imagination Song I have recorded and go into the world of fantasy:

Deedlydoo deedlydoo deedlydoo

---

Well, seeing as how the risk of cheating has shot through the roof, I guess I'd need more potential "reward". I would have to be more attracted to you just for BEING bisexual. I don't know, maybe I really liked cross-dressing or something and you'd totally be on board with that. I'm not though, in either case, so what else could change by you revealing that your bisexual? Nothing, really, you'd just have to survive on your original relationship potential. As for if I'd feel less attracted... no... why would I? It's not like there's a single person out there you hasn't blushed while thinking of someone of the opposite gender of what they normally find attractive.

While I wouldn't dump you outright for liking female bits, I would get more suspicious of your female friends and might become too insufferable, thus ruining MY relationship potential and you would end up dumping me.

And then we'd be back in the real world again, so let's head back now.

---

Deedlydoo...

So there you have it, you as a "potential reward" would've already had to have far outweighed the initial risk to be able to survive more risk.

Queen Michael:
I dated a bisexual girl once. 'Nuff said.
Okay, so she said that she was pansexual, but trust me, she wasn't. She just liked the label. She doesn't even call herself pansexual anymore.

The last girl I dated was actually bisexual. I wasn't really wild about it, to be honest, but I guess I was accepting enough to date her. Anyways, I broke up with her in the end. But as for the question, I guess it's a 'yes' by default.

Ugh, yesterday I was talking to a self-proclaimed "pansexual" girl, and she drove me absolutely mad. When I tried to explain to her that it was an arbitrary term, she just went off on a rant. Then she asked me what my birthsign was, and decalred that she doesn't associate with Libras.

Zhukov:
Generic straight male reporting. (Also white, just for the privilege bonus.)

I would have no problem shacking up with a chick who was bisexual. Noooo problem at all.

Not sure why anyone would. Maybe if they had a head full of God and sin or something I guess.

You make it sound almost like you'd prefer them to be bisexual ;D

OT: My first girlfriend was bisexual. The only issue I have with it is if they have the immature mentality that messing around with someone of the same sex is somehow considered "not cheating".

Yeah... fuck that bitch.

On the whole cheating bit, I think it's a very individual thing. It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight or bi, if you already could think of cheating. All the bisexual tag does is giving you a wider assortment.

I'm fairly bisexual myself, but I still value my loyalty to a person I love very highly. It's not really a question of morals, it's a question of avoiding short-term pleasure from a second relationship with very bad long-term consequences (proper friend gets hurt, sad and angry, proper relationship goes sour and suspicious). Valuing the possibility of getting something extra on the side over not hurting someone you love is an individual calculation that sexual preference usually aren't very involved in.

I don't think bisexuality increase the risk of cheating. It only increases the list of possible "other men/women". It might seem like it does, but it has more to do with the individual's short-term/long-term gain and loss calculations. Some people are more likely to treat you poorly than others, but sexual preference isn't really the deciding factor.

Fappy:

Zhukov:
Generic straight male reporting. (Also white, just for the privilege bonus.)

I would have no problem shacking up with a chick who was bisexual. Noooo problem at all.

Not sure why anyone would. Maybe if they had a head full of God and sin or something I guess.

You make it sound almost like you'd prefer them to be bisexual ;D

OT: My first girlfriend was bisexual. The only issue I have with it is if they have the immature mentality that messing around with someone of the same sex is somehow considered "not cheating".

Yeah... fuck that bitch.

Well, again, it's individual. I can't remember being present when the "Great Bi Cheating/Not Cheating Charter" was being signed. :3

The moral of this thread seems to be: only date ugly unpleasant people, so that they can't cheat on you as easily. Because the cause of cheating has clearly got more to do with statistical odds than it does with personality problems or relationship issues.

OT: Yes, I could be attracted to a bisexual. Like others in this thread, I am one.

trollnystan:

cthulhuspawn82:
I think males are more likely to respond positively on this because of the "two girls are hot" mentality. I don't believe girls think that way (i.e. "two guys would be hot")

CloudAtlas:
Yes, but I'm a guy,

cthulhuspawn82:
SNIP

That's how I remember the general opinion to be as well, and I'm afraid that for all my tolerance, I'm not much different.

The question that the OP put to us was if we would date a bisexual, NOT if we'd be ok with said bisexual cheating on us with a member of their own gender (if we're straight) or opposite (if we're gay).

I, a straight female, think guy-on-guy action is pretty darn hot, but that doesn't mean I'd be ok with my fella cheating on me with another guy. If we had an open relationship that would be different but I doubt I could have one of those.

The OP is wondering if anyone might be apposed to being attracted to bisexuals. There is no physical deference between someone who is bisexual or strait/gay, so the only reason someone would have a problem would have to do with emotional insecurities, and the only insecurities I could see someone having are the ones I mentioned.

As most people have responded, it doesn't bother them. I was trying to imagine why it would bother someone assuming it did.

lets see, im bi, nearly everyone ive dated was bi, most of my friends are bi. so yh i could be attacked to bisexuals

Of course I could. If I were looking for a monogamous relationship, I'd want them to only be with me, but that would be true regardless of their orientation.

I'm a bisexual guy currently dating a bisexual girl.

I think you underestimate the allure of a threesome.

R.Nevermore:

TheNewGuy:
I suppose the question is pretty self-explanatory but I guess I can expand a bit.

Would you get in a relationship with someone you knew to be bisexual? Or if you were in a relationship with someone and they told you they were bisexual how would you react?

So, could you be romantically attracted to someone who's bisexual? Do you find it to be an attractive trait, or an unattractive one, or maybe neutral?

I'm curious because I'm a bisexual guy and I was wondering what other people might think of that so I thought I would see what everybody here thought.

Hi, you must be new here. Everybody here is aggressively liberal towards that stuff.

lol well in short: welcome to the Internet. where the youth reign.

What? Nope. So long as they're attracted to me. My ex-girlfriend was bisexual, it really had no impact whatsoever on our relationship, except that we could both appreciate a really good pair of tits.

BloatedGuppy:
It's a total non-issue. It's like asking me if I could be attracted to someone wearing a hat, or someone who really liked spaghetti.

Who the fuck could be attracted to one of those crazy spaghetti lovers? Shit's crazy son.

Wouldn't be an issue to me at all.

Can't say much more than that really.

BloatedGuppy:

Yeah, but what if they really liked spaghetti? If ya know what I'm sayin'

So long as they're attracted to what I have, I'm okay.

Abandon4093:

BloatedGuppy:

Who the fuck could be attracted to one of those crazy spaghetti lovers? Shit's crazy son.

Indeed! It's a known fact that spaghetti lovers are much more statistically likely to be bolsheviks, just for a start!

No, ladies and mentlegen of a refined moral character prefer fusilli.

I think I have to say yes considering I'm dating a bisexual girl... and we're dating a bisexual girl... Hey shut up don't judge me! I live as few men dare to dream! ...Then again I live in Humboldt where almost every 1/3 girls are bisexual. Or at least bi-curious. The coast is weird. You think our people are odd wait till you see our weather xD

Abandon4093:

BloatedGuppy:

Hey I'm dating a spaghetti lover! (the literal kind not the 4chan kind)
(also escapist glitched and double posted your comment, I don't know how you would go about fixing that but I don't want you to get warned or punished or anything)

As the test subject i wouldn't have a problem, although i am quite worried what other people think of...it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked