Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 26 NEXT

I do love metal, but I highly prefer the bands that have lots of detailed guitar work.
All That Remains(check out "Empty Inside"), Disturbed("Stricken"), In Flames("Only For the Weak"), and Avenged Sevenfold("Afterlife") are probably my top 4.

The band Daughters is supposed to have a new album coming out, as well as re-releasing their self-titled ep.

kellenheller:
The band Daughters is supposed to have a new album coming out, as well as re-releasing their self-titled ep.

Damn it, you spoiled it. This metal thread had exactly 666 replies.
You should leave it this way and start a new one... :D

Neonbob:
I do love metal, but I highly prefer the bands that have lots of detailed guitar work.
All That Remains(check out "Empty Inside"), Disturbed("Stricken"), In Flames("Only For the Weak"), and Avenged Sevenfold("Afterlife") are probably my top 4.

You might want to check out Michael Angelo Bartio, Joe Satriani, Trivium and Judas Priest but then again if you like metal you should know Judas Priest anyway.

As Blood Runs Black and the Devil Wears prada also have new albums coming out.

EDIT: All Thast Remains newest album has lots of detailed guitar work... check out The Human Abstract too, crazy guitars.

Neonbob:

Have a listen to The Absence, Anterior, Lamb of God, Under Threat (stick to the album Deathmoshpere) and if you want something really heavy, try Origin.

I like Fear Factory and Machine Head.
They're heavy but have a lighter side to them.
And I kinda like that because I used to listen to nothing but Death and Black Metal, which got boring eventually.

I'm going to see Cancer Bats on May 5th. Yeah!!

It's time for a melo-death update! Hurray!

The Absence are writing a new album, it sounds as though they're really focused on making it better than Riders of the Plague, which will be hard. They'll be posting videos of pre-production and recording as things go on. Link!

Mors Principium Est have got another new guitarist. They'll be writing some more stuff soon, hopefully it'll be a step up from Liberation Termination Link!

They might not be strictly melo-death, but Anterior are also writing new material. They've got a new drummer and are entering Grindstone studios soon with Scott Atkins to record new stuff. They aim to have the new album out summer this year. Link!

And for those of you who've heard of them, Archons have also announced they're writing a second album. Apparently they'll have a preview or video or something or other up soon to have a listen to some of their new stuff. Link!

Rusty Bucket:
It's time for a melo-death update! Hurray!

The Absence are writing a new album, it sounds as though they're really focused on making it better than Riders of the Plague, which will be hard. They'll be posting videos of pre-production and recording as things go on. Link!

Mors Principium Est have got another new guitarist. They'll be writing some more stuff soon, hopefully it'll be a step up from Liberation Termination Link!

They might not be strictly melo-death, but Anterior are also writing new material. They've got a new drummer and are entering Grindstone studios soon with Scott Atkins to record new stuff. They aim to have the new album out summer this year. Link!

And for those of you who've heard of them, Archons have also announced they're writing a second album. Apparently they'll have a preview or video or something or other up soon to have a listen to some of their new stuff. Link!

Success!

Anybody heard of Dekapitator? They are one awesome new thrash band.

I listen to a variety of different metal bands, but I would have say the three that I tend to listen to the most are:

Anaal Nathrakh - British black/death metal with those grind elements thrown in the mix. It's safe to say that it's one of the heaviest and angriest bands I've ever heard. They play their music with such fury and passion, especially the lead singer V.I.T.R.I.O.L

Agalloch - American doom/folk metal(not really sure how else to classify them). Really, really beautiful music, a lot of heathen imaginary and nature-related lyrics and a lot of atmosphere.

Cult of Luna - Swedish post-metal. A lot of atmosphere in this band's music as well, long drawn-out, beautifully crafted songs. Seen them live twice so far, the first of which was the best concert I've been to.

Besides that I've been listening a lot to Vader and Decapitated, both Polish death metal, the latter being more technical than the first.

Slayer, Dukes of Nothing, Metallica, Megadeth, Children of Bodom and DragonForce

Just what you need to make the day go faster

Going to see Cancer Bats soon. I can't wait.

The lack of cradle of filth and My Dying Bride in this thread is disturbing. I love metal. Anything from Death to Power metal really, but melodic black, goth, melodic death and folk metal will allways be in the center of my heart.

This thread has given me two new favourites: Gojira and windir. Thanks^^

My favorite heavy metals are mercury and lead.

[/hilarity]

I'm in a folk metal band where I play bagpipes and guitar, as I am a big fan of folk and metal. :P Also favorite bands include Opeth, Apocalyptica, Kamelot and MANOWAR!!11

I find the definition of "metal" varies greatly from person to person. I also find my "metal" rarely matches other peoples' idea of "metal".

I've posted my fav metal bands in several different threads now, so I guess one more time won't hurt.

Nevermore
Arsis
Deicide
Suffocation
Immortal
Ensiferum
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Necrophagist
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Vehemence
Yngwie Malmsteen
The Black Dahlia Murder
Dissection
Samael
Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Emperor
Venom
Empyrean Eclipse

ToMegaTherion:
The lack of cradle of filth and My Dying Bride in this thread is disturbing. I love metal. Anything from Death to Power metal really, but melodic black, goth, melodic death and folk metal will allways be in the center of my heart.

This thread has given me two new favourites: Gojira and windir. Thanks^^

The lack of My Dying Bride is disturbing.

The lack of Cradle of Filth is greatly appreciated. Nymphetamine and Midian were alright, but everything else can find somewhere to solemnly contemplate what it did wrong and why it should be there.

That being said...

My Dying Bride
Virgin Black
Behemoth
Tool
Necrophagist
Opeth
Dark Tranquility
Pre- Last Fair Deal Gone Down- Katatonia
Novembre

only metal I ever listen to is Korpiklaani, I hate all other metal. nothing more to say.

Anyone heard of Woe Of Tyrants? I heard of them a few weeks back and they are pretty sweet :P

I guess its melodic death metal, with awesome guitar work.

TheSanityAssassin:
My new band, hope you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/aeonicofficial

That is awesome. Checked your profile, you play guitars, right?

Going to see Cannibal Corspe in late this year.
Being supported by AAOA (Who are awsome!)
And also Dying Fetus.
Gunna be awsome! ;]

What's everyone looking forward to this year then? I'm hoping The Absence get a new one out, if not then i'll make do with Anterior.

Rusty Bucket:
What's everyone looking forward to this year then? I'm hoping The Absence get a new one out, if not then i'll make do with Anterior.

I need a new Absence album.

right now listening to carpathian forest

I used to be a fan of Opeth but now I find them so damn dull...

Metal bands? I usually prefer those simple copper ones thanks to their flexibility...

Manowar rocks! I'dont like the emo metal because it's not my way. I mean why cry?Megadeth is cool too. BLS and iron maiden are awesome. Oh yeah and black sabbath.

new maiden album this year

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

also today i got my ticket for metallica!

hubbel:

TheSanityAssassin:
My new band, hope you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/aeonicofficial

That is awesome. Checked your profile, you play guitars, right?

Thanks!
And yes i play guitars:)

at first i was like hell no but then i listened to monogrind by berzerker. its so catchy
M
O
N
O
GRIIINNNDDDD

SICK0_ZER0:

Yes, this is the band right here. Black Shining Leather and Strange Old Brew are fantastic albums. Nattefrost is a talented, strange man.

CAN I GET SOME FUCKING SUPPORT FOR NORTHWAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfjalQMGM4c
GO TO FIGHT THE CATHOLIC PRIEST
ON THAT FUCKING BIKE

Also, Bathory, Venom, Darkthrone, Celtic Frost, Leviathan, Make a Change... Kill Yourself.
Black metal is where it's at.

Just put Damage case by Motorhead on,all is right with the world

Progressive metal | progressive metalcore. I'd say my favourite metal artists are;

Tool ------------------- | Protest the Hero
Dream Theater -----| Between the Buried and Me
Camel -----------------| Fall of Troy
Avenged Sevenfold-| Killswitch Engage

Then, the rest I'll listen to occasionally:
Disturbed
The Human Abstract
Atreyu
In Flames
Lamb of God
Opeth
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
Metallica (early)
Miley Cyrus
Bullet for my Valentine
Dream Quest
Liquid Tension Experiment
Children of Bodom
Coheed and Cambria
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden

(hint: one of these things doesn't belong here)

MusicalFreedom:

SICK0_ZER0:

Yes, this is the band right here. Black Shining Leather and Strange Old Brew are fantastic albums. Nattefrost is a talented, strange man.

CAN I GET SOME FUCKING SUPPORT FOR NORTHWAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfjalQMGM4c
GO TO FIGHT THE CATHOLIC PRIEST
ON THAT FUCKING BIKE

Also, Bathory, Venom, Darkthrone, Celtic Frost, Leviathan, Make a Change... Kill Yourself.
Black metal is where it's at.

fuck yeah! I though 'metal' was to all people around here bands like trivium, bullet for my valentine and korn and shit.

:D

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked