Hi everyone!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Since I don't see any introduction thread so I hope this is legit?
Hi everyone! I'm newbie here :D. I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
Recently I'm also working on a RPG maker game project so I think it's better to learn from people around. And so I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

Welcome to the Escapist. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ew, a new commoner...

But seriously, welcome to the site. Hope you find something enjoyable here, we're having a rough time of it at the moment.

Not meaning to be rude, but, what lured you to this site and prompted you to create an account? I'm genuinely curious.

Forum activity has slowed to the point that spambots are more active than the actual users are, and the official site content is paper-thin at best.
I'm curious as to what would draw a new person here at all...

Welcome!
The mods are your friends, strive to be as much like Souplex in everything you do, and ignore the weirdoes talking about the basement.

Welcome to the Escapist, enjoy your stay and stay out of the basement.

There are ... things ... down there.

Souplex:
strive to be as much like Souplex in everything you do.

Good advice for The Escapist and life in general :D

OT: Welcome. People who have blue names (like myself) are Mods. Everything you need to know rules-wise is in the Code of Conduct but if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. While the rules here are a touch stricter than a lot of sites, I for one prefer that in my forum (a big reason I stick around, plus they gave me this shiny banhammer to swing! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOO...Oh shit!*crashing noises...um....excuse me, something just happened to The Escapist Fine China <.< >.> <.<).

Yay! New people!

I knew all my efforts in the Wild West would attract new people. Hopefully you shall be the first of a great flood of people to come back to the Escapist.

Souplex:
Welcome!
The mods are your friends, strive to be as much like Souplex in everything you do, and ignore the weirdoes talking about the basement.

At this point, I feel like the basement has spread and started to overtake the rest of the site.

Which, I mean, should've been expected given its Lovecraftian nature to begin with.

Bobular:
Yay! New people!

I knew all my efforts in the Wild West would attract new people. Hopefully you shall be the first of a great flood of people to come back to the Escapist.

It's like the little bit of light and memes can be seen shining through the onslaught of spam and darkness that is encroaching on the rest of the forum.

OT: Oh hey new person! Be warned that some people can seem a bit grouchy and jaded around here when sharing their opinions or discussing stuff but don't worry they're just being shy... or was I meant to say friendly? Any who, just watch out for the basement. It's not been decontaminated for years.

WELCOME! WELCOME! Yay! A new person. I enjoy many RPGs as well. Although I'm currently on an ARPG kick. I got back into Diablo III recently because I can't wait for Path of Exile to hit Xbox One. Anyway, welcome.

First off, not to derail our newest member's thread: Antonio94, welcome to the site!

Secondly, what is this "basement" you all speak of? Moreover, what exactly happened to this site in general? I joined years ago for Zero Punctuation, but have never had near the presence of a lot of you in the forums; there was a span of a few years where I don't think I posted anything at all, but I think I recall it being fairly "normal." I recently upped my activity, and have seen a lot of people deride the site as if something happened; I'm curious what that was...

Watch out for the spam bots. Don't mind the clowns.

Xprimentyl:
First off, not to derail our newest member?s thread: Antonio94, welcome to the site!

Secondly, what is this ?basement? you all speak of? Moreover, what exactly happened to this site in general? I joined years ago for Zero Punctuation, but have never had near the presence of a lot of you in the forums; there was a span of a few years where I don?t think I posted anything at all, but I think I recall it being fairly ?normal.? I recently upped my activity, and have seen a lot of people deride the site as if something happened; I?m curious what that was...

You're better off not knowing, really.

People have always warned new users of The Basement, which has led some to theorize that perhaps The Basement is the Religion & Politics subforum, but in reality it's far more sinister just a long-standing in-joke well, you can just decide for yourself.

Hey there. I hope you decide to stay around a while and stay out of the attic.

While I'm certainly glad to see new faces around here (including my own new face! Somehow the site forgot I existed and none of my names/passwords/attempts to recover would work), I have to agree with the expressed curiosity above...

What drew you to The Escapist now, during such a 'low point' of content and community interaction?

Honestly this place can use all the new blood it can get, so whatever it is that did the trick for you? Great! I just hope things pick up a little soon... because right now I'm finding it difficult to come up with reasons to even bother checking in most days.

shrekfan246:

No fair...

Antonio94:
Since I don't see any introduction thread so I hope this is legit?
Hi everyone! I'm newbie here :D. I'm quite a gamer myself and currently I'm still playing games, especially RPG. Some of my favorite are: Dragon Age Origins & Inquisitions (both are excellent, Origins has exciting story, Inquisitions with dragons slaying part), Witcher 3 (excellent story telling and exploration), Dark Souls (brutal, but fun... if I can progress), Persona 4 & 5 (just recently, and I'm in love with them).
Recently I'm also working on a RPG maker game project so I think it's better to learn from people around. And so I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay, but beware of the recent spam bot epidemic.😅

Looking forward to seeing some of your future RPG Maker projects, if you're willing to show, that is. 😄

Xprimentyl:

shrekfan246:

No fair...

shrekfan246:

Yeesh... O_o... Thanks? I was actually aware (on a high level) of those issues thanks largely to Jim Sterling's running commentary, just didn't know how closely tied they were to and how deeply they affected this site.

Welcome to the site. Although I must say you picked a bad time to sign up, the site could die at any time.

You picked a bad time to join

Welcome, it's a pity you've joined at this time. Man, you should've seen this place five years ago...

Chimpzy:

The basement? Bro where do you think we're seeking refuge!

Welcome, brace yourself for support, complaint, and threads with screaming matches that move further and further from the original topic, but can still be enjoyed from the outside as a kind of examination of increasing ideological dogmatism in the face of opposition, where normally polite and rational people become increasingly melodramatic and vitriolic; I'm waiting for one of them to reach a point of critical mass at some point, but so far no dice.

That said, welcome again! Which version of RPG Maker are you using?

Cowabungaa:

Chimpzy:

How the times have changed. :(

We don't have any introductory threads because it seems that, invariably, the people who make these threads don't stick around for very long.

Let's take a look at the last person to make an introductory thread. Gee, 7 posts in 10 months, glad she took the time to introduce herself.

Hopefully you'll prove yourself different. You set an avatar, so I like you more already.

Drathnoxis:
We don't have any introductory threads because it seems that, invariably, the people who make these threads don't stick around for very long.

Let's take a look at the last person to make an introductory thread. Gee, 7 posts in 10 months, glad she took the time to introduce herself.

Hopefully you'll prove yourself different. You set an avatar, so I like you more already.

^This

However regardless, welcome to the Ricefields, my dude.

You enjoying your stay is subject to change at any point and you may yet just end up hating every single one of us for a number of different reasons, but hey, what's life without a little adventure?

Welcome to the Escapist!

Never mind those warning you to stay out of the Basement--fresh meat is always tasty welcome!

I'm big on Dragon Age, too! I'm one of those players who run up a dozen (or two dozen) characters to squeeze the whole experience from BioWare games so it's good to have a fellow DA fan join up.

Cowabungaa:
Welcome, it's a pity you've joined at this time. Man, you should've seen this place five years ago...

Chimpzy:

Sadly, that's more or less true.

Makes you wonder tho. Are we the things? Or does our seeking refuge with the things mean we're worse than them?

You are boarding a sinking ship.

but welcome!

Welcome to the Escapist!
My advice is. Don't press the red buttons, evver!!

'Ello new person, I happen to be playing Dragon Age Origins and am frustrated with the small number of Party slots so is there perhaps a recommendation for which Party members to take[1], I only ask 'cause you said you liked it.

[1] Though I'm not leaving Morrigan Behind and I do need a Rogue because I'm playing Wizard so for the moment Leilana is staying, Alistair is fun too but I can swap him around if necessary

Hello all ! I'm new person also:) glad to join your great community

[2 weeks later]

It's always nice to see active and lively new people joining the forum.

Oh. Hello.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or