Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . . . 31 NEXT

Aerosteam:
I hope those hints were worth it, 'cause I just got done in by a MAD survivor.

Thinking I'll survive.
Turns out RNG's a bitch.
God damn it, Whitbane.

~Haiku

Whitbane:
The dark whispers and tendrils of the unknown had burrowed deep enough into my skull. Man was not mean to know so much. Huddled in a corner away from the others, praying as the last vestiges of my sanity faded away into the darkness of the night.

Relief came at the end of a cold, steel barrel. Not my own, but I welcomed the icy feeling on the side of my skull.

It was better this way, before I did any harm to the others.

There was a twitch, and the whispers and cold fell away. Peace at last.

My night was over.

Oh wow so Whitbane got Aerosteam and Arnox got Whitbane? I knew that there was a good chance of one Mad taking another out but I expected it to happen next cycle. : o Also as suspected none of the people who died had roles. :/ So that leaves 7 against 2 with one mad hunter and another set to spawn the following cycle. Or 6 actually...

altnameJag:

The problem is we can't vote Arnox. We've basically run out of time(rounds) for that. At the start of voting this cycle we will have 6 people able to vote with us and two against us. If we vote Arnox and they turn out to be neither (which they have a high chance of not being), we have 4 left voting for us after the beast kills one. Then next cycle if we kill you because you've gone Mad and it turns out you're neither also then we are left with 2 against 2 and have effectively lost then. However if we leave both you and Arnox alone and attempt two educated guesses as to the beast's identity in the next two rounds, we get the voting chance as well as the Mad Hunter's chance to off the Beast, we will go down to 3 potential votes if we don't get one of them this cycle but it's a far better chance at ousting the beast or church and also having enough of a majority of hunters survive till the last round and being in our favour.

Hehehe...

Oh c'monnnn everyone~ This is all so so silly... We'll all belong to the great one soon~ It's so wonderful to belong.

And you will all belong to me~ Belong to us. There's no need to be alone anymore. Come to us for Insight. I will solve all your little problems so nicely~

Well then, it seems that the time to play it safe has passed. No blood vials. Running on blood bullets, throwing knives, and spite.

So many mis-steps. Flaws in logic. Holes in reasoning. Arnox claimed the Doll had confided in them. One way to prove that, but the chance was missed. Had gone to restrain them after they put down Whitbane...but why? My conclusions were wrong, my so-called logic deceptive at every turn. Some truth exists just on the outside of my vision.

And the truth is not madness. Is it truly hunting if you can retreat to safety at a hint of danger? No. The only true hunt is in the Dream.

I need bandages to sop up the things that were impeding my vision. I'd had a chance to press the attack earlier, but I rationalized my fear away as reason.

No more.

If this Hunter is not dealt with immediately via execution, every cycle starting with this one, he will randomly kill an innocent person. His current insight rests at 33.

Caramel Frappe:

If this Hunter is not dealt with immediately via execution, every cycle starting with this one, he will randomly kill an innocent person. His current insight rests at 33.

What the heck. Didn't he have a few turns

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

Looks like he asked for an insight hit.

Walking the dark streets, my head still preoccupied with the senseless slaughter of my hunter brethren, I never expected the beast's cold claws to strike me down from behind.

Lying on the rocky pavement in a pool of my own blood I can't help but be relieved to be released from this dreaded nightmare.

Respawns at the Hunter's Dream

Oh for god's sake, getting killed by the beast isn't enough? Screw this, I'm out! I'm going to sit over there in the bushes, I'm done!

And thus, this hunter's story came to an end, some say he's still sitting in the bushes outside of the Hunter's Workshop, watching events unfold, waiting for the nightmare to end.

Caramel Frappe:

Fuck me Jag, why did you have to go and do that! Now we're well and truly screwed if we can't get the beast this cycle.
Cycle 5 to Cycle 6
8 = 2:6 - 4 deaths (Vote, Mad Arnox, Mad Jag (if we leave them alone and the beast doesn't kill them), beast). We literally only have the possibility of getting it this right this cycle now or getting extremely lucky with the Mads... orrrr everyone has to go mad...

kenu12345:

He took another insight hit at 19 which took him way over to 33. -_-

bluegate:

And now Bluegate's Dead...

Alright, we have to come up with a good guess then. Make this count cause the deadline just got pressed.

bluegate was murdered by The Beast, oh how things are only getting worse for you Hunters.

As you venture deeper into Yharnam to seek out some beasts, you start to notice things. The statues, they no longer resembled people here. Instead, they were is dismembered people, fused with other corpses to make a living entity with a cloak to hide their hideous form. The buildings, each of them had a ... duplicate, hovering in the sky above them. Nothing made sense, and even being in this place was starting to affect your mind, the throbbing pain building up in your skull. This place felt, so very wrong.

Was this the place? The secret The Beast keeping from you fellow Hunters? With a few of you left, and with a few gone MAD, you had to push forward. There was no turning back, this night didn't seem like it was about the hunt anymore ... but finding out the truth.

You're not wanted here, and you know this place will destroy your spirits ... but, can you afford to go on with the traiot alongside you?
It's time to vote, and try to put an end to that creature here ... because you must find the truth, at any cost.

kenu12345:
Alright, we have to come up with a good guess then. Make this count cause the deadline just got pressed.

ϛƖ - ¿ - ǝƃɐɯɐp‾ɹoℲ‾pǝɯɯɐɹƃoɹԀ0Ɛ - ɹoloɔ/ɟlǝsʎWǝnlqʞɹɐp=ɹoloɔƖᄅ - ɹǝʇunH pɐW - Ɩǝɥʇxouɹ∀9- ¿ - ʞsᴉMʞsᴉW9 - ¿ - ϛㄣƐᄅƖnuǝʞ9 - ¿ - ǝlƃɐƎ uɐɔᴉɹǝɯ∀-ᴉʇu∀9 - ¿ - ƃuᴉʞǝɥʇʇɹǝƐƐ - ɹǝʇunH pɐW - ƃɐſǝɯɐuʇl∀

MiskWisk:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

Looks like he asked for an insight hit.

Nile McMorrow:
To be frank the best case scenario is for everyone to go Mad this cycle, vote who we think is most likely the beast and if we failed hope that the random killing takes them out. Otherwise we almost certainly fail for sure once this round is over.

Nile McMorrow:

Two of the remaining eight are The Beast and The Healing Church. One is the The Phlebotomist but they're fairly useless at this point. Assuming that neither the Beast or Church is mad enough to go Mad then the Mad Hunters are unlikely to be either of those roles (especially Arnox). As such we have 5 potential suspects. To be frank the best case scenario is for everyone to go Mad this cycle, vote who we think is most likely the beast and if we failed hope that the random killing takes them out. Otherwise we almost certainly fail for sure once this round is over.

SupahEwok:

If this Hunter is not dealt with immediately via execution, every cycle starting with this one, he will randomly kill an innocent person. His current insight rests at 30.

Not the best plan imo but you do you. I have an idea who to vote now

altnameJag:

Mmmmmmm so good of you to join us, jag~ I think the others will be coming soon~ <3

kenu12345:
Not the best plan imo but you do you. I have an idea who to vote now

But now I know clearly what must be done to save this hunt! Before I was going about it alll the wrong ways, prolonging a feast for the traitorous beast! I now understand who must fall so that we may rise! May the blood guide us once more!

Arnoxthe1:
Mmmmmmm so good of you to join us, jag~ I think the others will be coming soon~ <3

My mind buzzes with insight! I can see all that I never thought possible and the monsters that vex our hunt!
Y . . . . . . . O . . . . . . .U . . . . . . . C . . . . . . . A . . . . . . . N . . . . . . . S . . . . . . . E . . . . . . E

Now the Beast has to fight the Mad, lest they be destroyed.

Woth any luck, the co-called sane will have enough survivors to end our madness.

Although with the true nature of the world revealed, they may not want to...

Well, looks like it's the last stand. Gentlemen and women it was an honour serving with you.

I'm going to vote who I think is the Beast. May God have mercy on is all.

Thought for the day: With all the people going mad and not enough time to put them all down, what if the Beast joined them going mad?

Programmed_For_Damage:
Well, looks like it's the last stand. Gentlemen and women it was an honour serving with you.

I'm going to vote who I think is the Beast. May God have mercy on is all.

Thought for the day: With all the people going mad and not enough time to put them all down, what if the Beast joined them going mad?

Then they've got a good chance being killed by a Mad

Do get your votes in, the SK Game is reaching it's climax after all ...

09/05/2017 12:00 am UTC

altnameJag:
Then they've got a good chance being killed by a Mad

So have I! ;-)

I think this is what they call Mutually Assured Destruction.

I'll move the SK Game along once I get home from work. Sorry about the delay guys.

Caramel Frappe:
I'll move the SK Game along once I get home from work. Sorry about the delay guys.

Don't stress. It's going to be a bloodbath of epic proportions this round.

I'm gonna stay sane. Nothing I can do to save myself or anyone else. Too many crazy people now. Madness may not take the beast. I think it's MiskWisk. I've been voting for MiskWisk this whole time. I don't know why I think this. I just do. I'll laugh if I'm right. I'll laugh even harder if I survive what's coming. Not gonna take the bait. Not gonna ask for understanding. Not gonna take the bait. Just... gonna. stay. a. little. longer...

Programmed_For_Damage took a long swig of mead from the sturdy flagon before him, savouring the bitter mixed with the sweet, before absently wiping the dregs from his beard. The raucous laughter of the patrons was a welcome distraction from the lingering roar of the beast and the silence of death that followed. That, and the stench of blood.

Tired and still recovering from the massive blood loss inflicted by Father Gascoigne, he stared listlessly into the flagon, and then was suddenly wide awake. The mead jumped rhythmically against the inside of the battered, wooden container as heavy, armoured footfalls approached. The bustling ambiance of the inn fell into a trepidatious hush and he didn't need to turn from his seat to know who was there and what they had come for.

"So this is it huh?"

"Hunter, you knew it could end this way" said one of them. "Unfortunately the numbers fell your way."

"Would it make any difference if I said I weren't the beast?"

The subdued atmosphere of the inn turned deathly quiet. He could hear the crack in their voice as they responded.

"We can take nothing in this life as certain, except death".

Without so much as a word many of the patrons had begun filing past him for the door, nary one of them making eye contact. Was it out of respect, or fear?

"Then I ask one thing"

A more masculine voice, probably one of the older hunters, replied sullenly. "Name it."

"Make it quick."

They responded without hesitation. "As you wish."

He raised the flagon to his lips one last time, its weight seemingly trebled since his previous sip. Skulling the rest of the liquor, he set the mug down on the solid oak table. A belch rose from his trembling guts and echoed across the vast emptiness of the now almost deserted tavern, and a wry smile worked its way across his pursed lips. "That fucking list" he thought ruefully.

He had no role. The hunt was all he had. A second later he was no more.

Programmed_For_Damage:

(Welp... I'll say this. Whoever the Beast is, they really seemed to have played this one good. Funny too how all those hints this game ironically seemed to come to naught anyway and pretty much the only reliable thing we got is that bloody unfinished list. XP)

Arnoxthe1:

Programmed_For_Damage:

(Welp... I'll say this. Whoever the Beast is, they really seemed to have played this one good. Funny too how all those hints this game ironically seemed to come to naught anyway and pretty much the only reliable thing we got is that bloody unfinished list. XP)

Right? I've had figurative money on Programmed since the beginning, with the insight clues of the banjo and crazy red eyes. Now I don't think any of the insight clues were worth anything to anybody, but I might just be sore.

I'm glad I didn't have a role. I probably would have screwed it up royally.

Hopefully the mad people get lucky... and I turn out to be wrong about who I thought it was.

Programmed_For_Damage:
I'm glad I didn't have a role. I probably would have screwed it up royally.

Hopefully the mad people get lucky... and I turn out to be wrong about who I thought it was.

Yeah, here's hoping man. Pity to see ya go. Looks like we may only have one or two more rounds

It's a terrible thing to fall under the sway of insight and even worse the actions your mind convinces you are right to do when you are but that is no excuse. Another fellow hunter is dead, their sentence carried out by the majority and these hands forced to assist them. These hands that were meant to heal these hunters not send them to unwarranted deaths but alas I was barely a failure with one life having been saved. Whomever the traitor was they were cunning for sure having been able to avoid us so many nights and even help direct us in effectively killing ourselves. There must be some trick they have been using that has disguised their intentions all along, that has allowed them to pick and choose fellow hunters without casting suspicion on themselves. But who? Who could it be? Then it dawned on me, clear as day can be in the dream. "Of course. We are the beast." It made perfect sense, all the innocents that have died for our survival in this hunt. All the blood that had been spilt and never administered... well... apart from that one night but that must have been a fluke, a gamble right? We really didn't expect to save Arnox now did we? Indeed you're the beast, you have always been. Now you know what must be done with beasts don't you? I nodded to myself and walked to a hidden alcove in the hunters dream as if in a stupor. Clearing a table of blood administration tools, I laid my head upon it and raised the axe I had brought with me as vials and glass paraphernalia smashed on the ground. "May the blood guide their way" I murmered before then beginning to repeatedly swing the axe into my neck. It was clumsy and each swing quickly grew weaker before I attempted one final blow to end it. Mere moments before I felt the axe a last time, a sliver of sanity perked up in my mind "You mad fool." and then nothingness.

I was the The Phlebotomist before I went Mad. I died by my own hand.

Neither party really knew how the fight started: disagreement over who the Beast was, whether the distinction between man and beast was even relevant anymore, the true name of the thing guiding humanity's evolution, who used the last blood vial, whatever, but the fact remained I was in a bad way.

No bullets left, Trick Axe lost in the yard somewhere...funny story about that one. See, perceiving the nature of reality is all well and good, but your depth perception goes to hell shortly before you do. So when a smaller-than-average table is telekinetically hurled at you, you don't think to dodge immediately. Got me square in the arms, breaking one wrist and sending the Axe flying with some force into the graveyard below.

Still, I know how big that headstone is that Arnox is lifting now, so dodging would be a breeze...if my knee hadn't been blown out by an expert pistol shot. Still, one desperate heave later leaves me facedown with my legs pinned by the heavy granite.

"I should've studied some magic", I thought to myself. Mmaybe I'll ask Arnox about those bolts of lightning she sent arcing towards me. Seems like a neat trick.

(I had no role)

Things were spiralling out of control, I observed from the window of the tower. So many mad and no clue as to who the beast was. I'd been sure it was JUMBO PALACE, their accusations of me a mere deflection of their own Beastly nature.

Even now I can see their eyes glaring up at me in betrayal and fury.

"Mistakes everywhere," I chuckled humorlessly as I feebly pressed my hand against the weeping wound. The wrong door. The wrong bloody door did me in. Well, that and the mad bastard hacking away at the door with my own whirligig saw.

As my makeshift barricade crumbled under the mad mans assault, I checked the window again in the event I missed some ledge I could grab onto but nothing appeared. I just hoped my owl got away, Percival didn't deserve to die for my screw up.

I turned back to face my death and saw the mad man, Altnamejag, my saw arcing in from the right.

(I had no role)

(Also I really should have got this out before Altnamejag bit it. Now it just looks odd)

Well that's four more joining Team Ghost. Good game beast, you played us like a fiddle and survived our under manned Mad Hunter barrage (told you we should have all gone Mad). *Looks at list of who are still alive.* -_- Well I think I have a good idea who they are.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here