Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 31 NEXT

The Raw Shark:

kenu12345:
I'm not saying it is? I literally said it was fair for people to be suspicious and was urging people to just wait and see? Did you just not bother to read my last line

Relax.

Also does anyone have a list of people for suspects? Just so we can all keep track.

People are dying and more and more people are resorting to elder magic. My apologies if I come off crass. Some irl events just got me a lil on edge and I don't mean to come off that way. I have my suspects but its only guesses on my part based on what I heard so far

The Raw Shark:

kenu12345:
I'm not saying it is? I literally said it was fair for people to be suspicious and was urging people to just wait and see? Did you just not bother to read my last line

Relax.

Also does anyone have a list of people for suspects? Just so we can all keep track.

I do.... but I'm not confident enough to play my hand. Plus it might put me fair and square in the Beast's crosshairs.

kenu12345:
People are dying and more and more people are resorting to elder magic. My apologies if I come off crass. Some irl events just got me a lil on edge and I don't mean to come off that way. I have my suspects but its only guesses on my part based on what I heard so far

Stress understandable, retrospection also appreciated.

Would be willing to hear list if willing to share.

Programmed_For_Damage:

I do.... but I'm not confident enough to play my hand. Plus it might put me fair and square in the Beast's crosshairs.

Hurm, fair enough, acknowledgement good enough.

kenu12345:
The Prophetess does know she will going mad soon right? I think its fair of people to be suspicious of ya due the odd amount of rather un cryptic hints you got and how you seem the one who is throwing around accusations the most with nothing but your word backing em. Either way, we will see in a few turns I suppose. I'll just have to trust ya for now

Maybe I will. Maybe I won't~ We'll cross that bloody bridge when we get to it. :) And of course I'm going to be throwing around accusations with little to back them, you simple boy. Obviously unless I had a role, I can't prove anything. And even if I did, I still couldn't prove it without the Beast coming after my sweet booty~

It's been three full nights ... the Hunters are now growing restless. Even after one of their own was saved from madness, it did not stop the others from having 'episodes' before them. The difference between man and beast began to grow thinner, and the blood called to them. Oh yes, you could see it in their eyes ... each beast they took down, soaked in it's blood ... it was like music to their ears. The sensation of their blades cutting into flesh, the thrill of battle, it felt like more than just a duty that a hunter possesses ... it was a sport.

But, you snap out of that fantasy and realize your life is in danger. The Beast remains a threat, and is hiding among you Hunters. The time to decide on who dies next is now, for if you delay- it's only a matter of time because you meet the jaws of The Beast.

Alas, another night of madness is upon us!

We must cast down one of our brethren again...

Whitbane:

Let us pray that it is the Beast that falls.

Programmed_For_Damage:

Whitbane:

I've got an idea!

"If you are the beast, raise your hand"

Alright, everyone keep an eye out for whoever raises their hand!

tippy2k2:

Programmed_For_Damage:

Whitbane:

I've got an idea!

"If you are the beast, raise your hand"

Alright, everyone keep an eye out for whoever raises their hand!

Guys? Can we stop it with the insight? It...REALLY isn't working.

I know I'm human. And if you were all in league with the Beast, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still Hunters. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it turns us against each other, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won.

I'm gonna hide this note when I'm finished. If none of us make it, at least there'll be some kind of record. The storm's been hitting us hard now for three days. We still have nothing to go on.

One other thing: I think it has something to do with the avatars. Something about eyes and hands. They could be anybody's. Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

Nothing else I can do, just wait...

Alright, fuck it, here's my shortlist of suspicion:

MiskWhisk
2012 Won't Happen
Anti-American Eagle
And (Anybody who's posted like, once, or not at all)

Strong eyesight imagery or names, avatars featuring old folks (cold arms reaching out seems like a death theme), no voluntary insight.

I sure as hell haven't been granted anything but a bit of tourettes, much less any sort of decipherable clue, so it's time to stop passively waiting for clues to fall into our laps. Let's get disruptive.

erttheking:

Sounds like something The Beast would say!

Your trickery will not work here, fiend!

altnameJag:

MiskWhisk
2012 Won't Happen
Anti-American Eagle

Strong eyesight imagery or names, avatars featuring old folks (cold arms reaching out seems like a death theme), no voluntary insight.

I sure as hell haven't been granted anything but a bit of tourettes, much less any sort of decipherable clue, so it's time to stop passively waiting for clues to fall into our laps. Let's get disruptive.

That's still a pretty big list. :/ I'll outline things as I see them as well. So the facts as they stand are:
1. There are 20 of us left.
2. According to Frappe, in the last vote when we still had 22 people 8 didn't vote. Either meaning they were not part of the active hunters who are still talking or forgot about the vote.
3. This means there are/were still 14 of us voting, one of which is likely the beast and a large percentage of the rest are hunters who keep investigating (and downing insight).
So the list of most active hunters are:

And there aren't really any clear candidates for the 12, 13 and 14 voters but I think it might have been Thunderous Cacophony, gigastar and 2012 Wont Happen. As for the least active hunters:

So if we take the first list as possible beast suspects, excluding Arnoxthe1 if we can all trust they were actually saved then we might be able to deduce who the beast actually is! Although this whole theory falls apart if the beast isn't actually an active Hunter or didn't bother to vote last round either. -_-

erttheking:

Nile McMorrow:

altnameJag:

MiskWhisk
2012 Won't Happen
Anti-American Eagle

That's still a pretty big list. :/ I'll outline things as I see them as well. So the facts as they stand are:
1. There are 20 of us left.
2. According to Frappe, in the last vote when we still had 22 people 8 didn't vote. Either meaning they were not part of the active hunters who are still talking or forgot about the vote.
3. This means there are/were still 14 of us voting, one of which is likely the beast and a large percentage of the rest are hunters who keep investigating (and downing insight).
So the list of most active hunters are:

And there aren't really any clear candidates for the 12, 13 and 14 voters but I think it might have been Thunderous Cacophony, gigastar and 2012 Wont Happen. As for the least active hunters:

Going off of all this- I still hold to the position I stated earlier in the thread. Arnox has started acting way to cagey to trust at this point, and if he had any interest in earning back our trust he'd stop with the cryptic nonsense and deflections. As far as I'm concerned he's in league with the beast. I still think it's suspicious as all hell that he is trying hard to deflect us from his original suggestions. We actually have a round here where we don't have to worry about anyone going mad. If the doll can act again and buy us more time that would be sick.

For now, can we actually agree as a group on one person? I still think Batvader should go. He hasn't said a word since page one and was recommended by Arnox before he started acting in the shady manner he is now. Could it be an elaborate deflection? Maybe- but I don't have any other ideas.

Whitbane:
Something soft and sweet floats in the air. Small petals drift by aimlessly.

I
FEEL

COLD

ARMS
REACHING

OUT

TO

ME

Also, if this is an insight clue the people with avatars that kind of have to do with death or cold limbs are
Caitseth
Anti-American Eagle
MiskWisk (not explicitly arm related but still Bloodborne-esque)

Nile McMorrow:
And there aren't really any clear candidates for the 12, 13 and 14 voters but I think it might have been Thunderous Cacophony, gigastar and 2012 Wont Happen.

Dude, i literally said id use an RNG for voting in the first 2 rounds.

It's BatVader and Arnox is in on it!

Remember the clue about the red eyes? BatVader has them. Remember the clue about cold, dead hands? BatVader is holding a gun (think Charlton Heston - "you can pry my gun from my cold dead hands."

Then I had the vision - death to those who trust him. Who trusts BatVader? Arnox! She mysteriously changed her tune after originally pointing the finger at him.

It all adds up. BatVader has got to go!

Have you people realized that, because of the automatic insight increase at the start of the next cycle, gigastar will go MAD again? Several other hunters have high insight too, and the doll can lower insight only once per turn. We risk on having two to three MAD hunters at the same time in two more cycles. This is going to get ugly...

CaitSeith:
Have you people realized that, because of the automatic insight increase at the start of the next cycle, gigastar will go MAD again? Several other hunters have high insight too, and the doll can lower insight only once per turn. We risk on having two to three MAD hunters at the same time in two more cycles. This is going to get ugly...

The doll's insight removal also increases as the rounds go on. Do Gigastar this round, then Arnoxthe1, and then myself the round after and it should be alright.

CaitSeith:

Whitbane:
The doll's insight removal also increases as the rounds go on. Do Gigastar this round, then Arnoxthe1, and then myself the round after and it should be alright.

Im dead, so it doesnt matter.

As a ghost, zombie, supervillain, dinosaurs, scientist, I think you guys may have an Insight problem. I'm saying this as a friend you need to stop.

As a ghost Ewok who was unjustly murdered at a plurality of your hands, I say there ain't no stopping this crazy train.

kenu12345:
People are dying and more and more people are resorting to elder magic.

Aw, horror stories just like we used to make 'em in the good ol' days.

gigastar:
Dude, i literally said id use an RNG for voting in the first 2 rounds.

True I remember you said that but since at least eight people in the second round didn't vote there was a big possibility one or two of the non-voters was one of the people who were active and since it seemed there was a large consensus among the active hunters to vote you off there was a chance that you didn't vote that round which is why I said maybe you were one of questionable voters. The thing is I can only assume and guess who has been voting and hasn't based off caramel's number and the number of people engaging in the beast investigation since only a few people state they've voted in the second half of each cycle. I can also only assume the beast is also still voting in an attempt to lower the hunter count (unless they're pulling some kind of strategy where every other cycle they abstain from the vote to make it difficult to find a pattern).

JUMBO PALACE:
Going off of all this- I still hold to the position I stated earlier in the thread. Arnox has started acting way to cagey to trust at this point, and if he had any interest in earning back our trust he'd stop with the cryptic nonsense and deflections. As far as I'm concerned he's in league with the beast. I still think it's suspicious as all hell that he is trying hard to deflect us from his original suggestions. We actually have a round here where we don't have to worry about anyone going mad. If the doll can act again and buy us more time that would be sick.

For now, can we actually agree as a group on one person? I still think Batvader should go. He hasn't said a word since page one and was recommended by Arnox before he started acting in the shady manner he is now. Could it be an elaborate deflection? Maybe- but I don't have any other ideas.

Programmed_For_Damage:
It's BatVader and Arnox is in on it!

Remember the clue about the red eyes? BatVader has them. Remember the clue about cold, dead hands? BatVader is holding a gun (think Charlton Heston - "you can pry my gun from my cold dead hands."

Then I had the vision - death to those who trust him. Who trusts BatVader? Arnox! She mysteriously changed her tune after originally pointing the finger at him.

It all adds up. BatVader has got to go!

The thing is we can't tell if Bat Vader is actually active in the game or not due to the lack of perceivable interaction from him so it's hard to say if voting for him will be any use or a waste of a round. I legitimately think the reason why Arnox changed their suspect was because they got a second insight hint which they've yet to share though I can't say for certain. :/ Ack there's too much suspicion at this time.

Okay so my suspicions are: Either Tippy or Programmed is The Healing Church.
And the beast might be:
kenu12345 - seems to be playing it too safe
MiskWisk - took a vested interest in my theory on how insight junkies could be used to an advantage and disadvantage
TheRawShark - just a hunch
They're also all hunters who haven't taken insight yet which fit my theory the beast doesn't want to risk going mad and have also been fairly active. Then again I could be way off base with this and the beast is psyching me out by not actually saying anything in the thread. ?.? Maybe I should take an insight hit also....

Programmed_For_Damage:

That was my fault. I just pointed out that bats have terrible eyesight, so if the clue was about watching, bats are bad for that.

Getting a little tired of the circle jerking. Let's just pick someone and go with it. I am voting for batvader and I advise everyone do the same. I could definitely be wrong but I don't trust Arnox at all.

If this Hunter is not dealt with immediately via execution, every cycle starting with this one, he will randomly kill an innocent person. His current insight rests at 20.

*head desks* If someone is already mad can you not ask for insight. What are you doing?

Yay, new friend.

Caramel Frappe:

If this Hunter is not dealt with immediately via execution, every cycle starting with this one, he will randomly kill an innocent person. His current insight rests at 20.

Well, I always wanted to try this beauty with a Hunter...

And The Doll has alreasy used their powers this cycle...

Banana, fetch the Old Yeller gun please.

Caramel Frappe:

Well crud there goes this round of voting...

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here