Image of Mario and the gang running around in Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

How to Unlock the Sound Off Badge in Super Mario Bros. Wonder

The final badge in Mario Wonder, aptly named the Sound Off badge, is the most challenging to unlock in this new platformer. Luckily, I’ll give you a rundown on how to unlock the Sound Off badge in Super Mario Bros. Wonder and what it can do once in your possession.

Recommended Videos

How to Get the Sound Off Badge in Mario Wonder

You’re in for quite a long journey before you can unlock the Sound Off badge in Mario Wonder. In fact, I’d argue you’ll more than likely acquire the other 23 badges first before getting it. The following is a list of steps showing what you need to do to acquire Sound Off:

• Hit the top of the flag pole on every level.
  • Complete all levels in the Special World.
  • Grab all Wonder Seeds and Purple Flower Coins in Mario Wonder.
  • Finish the “Final-Final Test: Badge Marathon” course in the Special World.

After doing everything above, a new stage called “Wonder?” will unlock, where you can get the Sound Off badge from the talking flower.

Related: Nintendo Confirms Super Mario Wonder’s Bowser Likes Thicc Girls

What Does the Sound Off Badge Do in Mario Wonder?

Badges act as accessories you can equip to change aspects of your gameplay, like giving you the ability to jump longer or survive falling into a pit. You can only have one equipped at a time, but they can be crucial when struggling through a course.

Unlike others, the Sound Off badge doesn’t benefit gameplay. Instead, it replaces all sound effects with capella recordings. YouTuber MonkeyKingHero published a clip recently showing the badge in all its loud and wacky glory in action if you’re interested in hearing.

Some watching the video couldn’t decide if they loved or hated the badge. “I for one, absolutely love this,” said one YouTube commenter. “Couldn’t use it for every level but it’s absolutely hilarious.” 

Related: All 2D Mario Games, Ranked From Worst to Best

However, another user expressed disappointment with Sound Off, stating, “While I love the shitpost nature of the badge, my thumbs hurt and I want a better reward.”

One commenter said they were “convinced this badge is just the progress Nintendo made with the live commentary feature [before] they scrapped [it].”

Putting aside how players feel about Sound Off, the reward value of it hilariously echoes the golden turd prize you get from finding all Korok Seeds in Tears of the Kingdom, so this is pretty standard for Nintendo. Regardless, it’s up to you whether you think it’s worth the effort!

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Creatures of Sonaria Codes (April 2024)
Creatures of Sonaria screenshot.
Read Article Holy War 3 Codes (April 2024)
Official Art by the Holy War X team
Read Article Anime Rarities Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for RNG Anime Rarities.
Related Content
Read Article Creatures of Sonaria Codes (April 2024)
Creatures of Sonaria screenshot.
Read Article Holy War 3 Codes (April 2024)
Official Art by the Holy War X team
Read Article Anime Rarities Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for RNG Anime Rarities.
Author
Anthony Jones
Anthony is a Strategic Content Writer for the The Escapist and an RPG nerd in love with retro games and the evolution of modern gaming. He has over two years experience as a games reporter with words at IGN, Game Informer, Distractify, Twinfinite, MMOBomb, and elsewhere. More than anything, Anthony loves to talk your ear off about JRPGs that changed his childhood (which deserve remakes) and analyzing the design behind beloved titles.