Pokemon RP Slots closed Chapter 11: I'm on a boat!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 41 NEXT

You know you want to.

The setting will be a little bit darker then the show in that Pokemon can die, you will not survive a fire blast to the face etc.

This is my first time RP hosting and my second Rp overall so if I am doing something wrong then please inform me and help would be much appreciated.

We will be travelling through the all the countries but not in necessarily the same order.

Do's and dont's

Do have fun
Don't make your self uber-leetness
Do level up and evolve your Pokemon (at a slow pace)
Don't catch everything you see
Do try to add a bit of drama
Don't turn it all moody and emo
Do feel free to either battle or compete in ehibitionary competitions
Don't make yourself a gym leader or a Elite 4 (you can be an Ex one if you so wish)
Do give your pokemon importance in the plot too, they have feelings and such as well

I'll add more later.

Character sheet:
Name: (Self-explanatory)
Skills: Cook, medic, mountaineer, enviromentalist, nose-picker,jam maker etc.
Personality: S-E
Hometown: Can be anywhere not just the normal ones
Starter and how you met it: Can be any "baby" or lowest form pokemon but please no legendaries or very strong ones.
Pokemon in party:S-E
Bio: How you got to where you are, how you met the group,what you want to do (Trainer,co-oridnator,breeder etc.
Money: S-E (not too much)
Equipment: Again not too much just a back-pack to carry.

Update 5/4/09 To join in: Simply fill out a sheet and the current members will PM me with their votes on Tuesday the 7th. We are looking for a friendly, active poster, you don't need pokemon knowledge beyond the basic and we've posted sites for you to check moves and such. Sorry for the asholey approach to it but we want to make sure we get someone good. (You can create your own pokemon but they have to be acceptable no "uber-leetz" and such.

All sheets are to be in spoilers and game will continue through the selection period

I've been meaning to give this online Rping a try. This might be the first. Give me a few moments.

About the over 40, I thought because it might make the interactions a bit....weird but if you have a good reason to then feel free.

as for new pokemon feel free, lord knows they will be better then the new ones, not too bullshitty though.

stormcaller:
About the over 40, I thought because it might make the interactions a bit....weird but if you have a good reason to then feel free.

as for new pokemon feel free, lord knows they will be better then the new ones, not too bull shitty though.

Could I PM you an idea I have?

Adam Jenson:

stormcaller:

as for new pokemon feel free, lord knows they will be better then the new ones, not too bull shitty though.

Could I PM you an idea I have?

Go ahead.

Once we start getting into the story, all non-story based chat will have to be in Ooc:, just a heads up guys for the first part we will follow the progression of the show just until everyone ges up to speed.

I also forgot in the template somewhere in there please state if you are a trainer/co-ordinator/breeder/mix of all three or mix of two of them/other.

I`m in so fast there`s a me shaped hole in the wall

Name: Jeffery
Skills: medic,fighter
Personality: an oddball
Hometown: canalave city
Starter and how you met it: Riolu it all started one day as Jeffery was watching the ships pull into port and ran off to see what they brought in, all of the town did this it was sort of a tradition, one ship in particular was gaining more attention than all the others his fathers ship for they had collected a Pokemon egg Jeffery`s father was holding his trophy high, Jeffery walked right up to his father to congratulate him, his father being a kind man gave his son the egg and said "you take care of this egg" and he did and it hatched into a riolu.
Pokemon in party:riolu
Bio: At a young age Jeffery always wanted to train Pokemon and after receiving his starter from his father he knew that was his purpose and he set out on his journey he fought many battles and decided to take a vacation. to the kanto region
Money: 4000
Equipment:clothes, 4x escape ropes, 20x health potions and 4x max revives 1 pokeball also a can of soda

terribleyetfun:

Starter and how you met it: Riolu it all started one day as Jeffery was watching the ships pull into port and ran off to see what they brought in, all of the town did this it was sort of a tradition, one ship in particular was gaining more attention than all the others his fathers ship for they had collected a Pokemon egg Jeffery`s father was holding his trophy high, Jeffery walked right up to his father to congratulate him, his father being a kind man gave his son the egg and said "you take care of this egg" and he did and it hatched into a riolu.
Bio: At a young age Jeffery always wanted to train Pokemon and after receiving his starter from his father he knew that was his purpose and he set out on his journey he fought many battles and decided to take a vacation. to the kanto region
Equipment:clothes, 4x escape ropes, 20x health potions and 4x max revives 1 pokeball also a can of soda

Cool we will start up when Adam has his sheet up, FullMetalAngel if you see this we are going to start without you but we will move at a slow pace giving you time to enter at what should still be the begininng

stormcaller:

terribleyetfun:

Cool we will start up when Adam has his sheet up, FullMetalAngel if you see this we are going to start without you but we will move at a slow pace giving you time to enter at what should still be the begininng

oh and before we get anything started and i have to act in chracter I just wanna say this is my first serious RP so please be nice when you point out my displays of newbishness

Name: Trevor

Skills: Stage Magician, Pickpocket, Liar, Amateur Escapologist

Personality: Energetic goofball with a streak for sneakiness

Hometown: Mauville City

Starter and how you met it: Rosgry; a physic alien pokemon who crashed to Earth in the woods behind Trevor's house.

ooc:Picture of Rosgry for reference

Pokemon in party: Rosgry, an extremely curious, short fused alien pokemon with a tendency to take things (whether leaves, rocks or trinkets) for his "data". Has brief moments of telepathy with Trevor

Bio: After discovering Rosgry, Trevor left home when he was 15 against his older brother's wishes believing his talent as a magician would eventually lead to his name in lights. He found out getting work was harder than he thought but with a little ingenuity and misdirection he was scamming crowds of onlookers; performing magic with Rosgry while they would steal from the distracted audience. It wasn't until the aftermath of one of their shows in Pallet Twon that Trevor and Rosgry found themselves wanted by the police. During a chase the pair found themselves amongst a small group and with a quick disguise was able to dodge the cops. Telling the small cadre they were wrongly accused fugitives the two were able to stay amongst their new friends.

Money: $235 (no matter how much he spends he never seems to run out)
Equipment: Performing costume, clothes, pokeball, potion, crunch bars, radio

Ok so here we go!

Rodney, was at the front of the small ship enjoying the breeze while chompers sat on his head with a smile on his face,reflecting off his razor sharp teeth. Rodney looked up and said "Well little buddy this is finally it!" To which Chompers replied by jumping up and dancing on Rodney's head to the tune of "Tota,tota,toTA!" Rodney's only reply was a string of "Ow's" which blended into the song. Atleast Chompers was happy to be on their journey. Rodney went into his small cabin gathered up his things and pulled out his video phone to call his mother and tell them they had arrived. As soon as he finished he went out to the pier where he checked his things, and made final preparations for the journey ahead.

Ooc: Let's do this!

Walking out of the dining room Trevor undid a notch or two out of his belt releasing what must have been three times he normal bodyweight. The breeze was cool and a whole new town of suckers was just ahead. "Well, its been a while since we've eaten like that huh Rosgry?" "G.Grryyy" the now severly overweight Rosgry weakly replied. Poor thing wasn't even standing, just lying stomach first on the deck. Even the pockets of his suit were filled to the top. "Eyes greedier than your stomach eh? he he. Don't worry little buddy. When we get to Pallet town were gonna be eating like this everynight! The price here was pretty good though"

ooc:go easy on me guys

Ooc: It's ok I think most of us here are new, but we'll get used to it eventually.

Chompers was looking down at his growling stomach and sighing, Rodney laughed "Ah, you and your stomach let's find a restaurant before we go get our Pokedex okay?" to this Chompers leapt up in joy and clapped his little feet together "Tota!" he said. They wondered about town for a few minutes before finally just deciding to have burgers. Rodney got himself a cheeseburger while Chompers simply got 3 large patties of meat which he dovoured before Rodney was half way through his burger.

Ooc: I'd really like it if you guys remained active in this I understand with different time zones but when you are on please try to keep it moving, ok? :D

as Jeffery stepped off the ship and onto the dry land he let out a sigh of relief and checked into the nearest hotel riolou was excited as well hoping around and doing fly kicks
"easy there little guy" Jeffery said scanning the town he came across a local restaurant he decided to check it out it seemed friendly and he ordered some coffee for him self and some poke-food for riolu Jeffery then sat there staring out the window wondering what to do when he saw two trainers having a battle
"ahhhh battling man`s greatest invention" Jeffery said he then ran out the door to watch it was a match between a squirtle and a bulbasaur and the match nearly looked over with the bulbasaur dispatching the squirtle with a devastating vine whip.
"well now that was entertaining" Jeffery then turned away back to the restaurant.

OOC: one quick question how`s battling gonna work.

The Pallet Town main street was busy and the ruckus of the crowd was almost deafening but everything was set. Trevor's costume, while showing a few signs of wear and tear was still presentable and Rosgry's Ralts costume still fitted. It was show time. "You ready Rosgry?" "Rosgry!" was the response as Rosgry excited put on his oversized mask. "Just remember to keep it on this time wouldya" and with that Trevor strolled to the centre of the street and with the experience only a life time of performing could bring mustered up everything he had and yelled
"ROLL UP ROLL UP ONE AND ALL OLD AND YOUNG AND BE PREPARED TO MEET THE GREAT TREVINI AND HIS ASSISTANT RALTS! PREPARE TO SEE THE SPECTACLE OF REAL MAGIC!

Everything went as clockwork as the tricks came one after the other and the crowd grew larger and larger. Trevor couldn't help but think to himself "Just a few more minutes"

after finishing his burger Jeffery and riolu walked out of the restaurant to only be greeted by the sound of thunderous applause which was coming from the nearby booth dying to see what all the commotion was about Jeffery walked over to the stage and after getting rioul to scare some people out of the way made his way to the front of the stage to see a man and his pokemon performing the most dazzling of tricks
"hmmmm you know I think we could beat him" Jeffery said climbing onto the stage only to be greeted by a watergun to the face sending him back to the audience

The water gun bouquet still does the trick, one less thing to worry bout I guess Trevor thought to himself as the trainer landed into the crowd. It's either now or never.
And now ladies and gentlemen for my next trick my faithful assistant pokemon Ralts will perform his very own trick1 With but a mental command Ralts will make me disappear! Trevor positioned himself just as he practiced before and with but a wave and a gesture Rosgry threw the gas pellet.

lol. Good on you for the Pokemon RP! I'm tempted to join but I'm busy and have other RPs on the go. good luck!

after standing back up Jeffery saw a cloud of gas surround the stage
"OW stupid magicians" Jeffery said watching as the magician and the cloud of gas disappeared

the gas worked like a charm and Trevor was quick enough to reverse his costume jacket revealing a broken, dirty denim material. The hat was even waiting for him in his pocket. Sneaking into the crowd Trevor caught a glimpse of Rosgry's performance. Atta boy Rosgry!. But there was no time to waste and Trevor started with his first victim. A little old lady and her purse.

Rodney rushed up to see what all the commotion was about, there was a man performing tricks with a Ralts up on a stage. Rodney turned to Chompers and said "Hey little buddy, that Ralts doesn't look quite right does it?" Chompers nodded and jumped off Rodney's head onto the stage, Chompers bit the head off of the Ralts. The crowd was horrified until they realised it was another pokemon in a Ralts suit. One man spoke up in the audience "Hey! what the hell is that thing?" A little, old lady looked around and saw the Magician making off with her purse "It was a scam!" she screamed out and the magician tried to run off with Rodney with Chompers in his arms again singing his merry tune.

Ooc: the first ninja of the game! hehehe

"what the hell" Jeffery said observing the magician making a run for it, Jeffery started to give chase with riolu on his shoulders eventually tackling the scam artist and taking back the purse while riolu was kicking him in the ribs
"whoa stop it buddy" Jeffery said pulling riolu away and handing the old lady back her purse. he then told riolu to punch the magician once more for good measure.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapwas not enjoying this not one bit. It was a good thing the riolu's Master came when he did. The cmmand to stop was all Trevor need . Grabbing the dirt from the road Trevor threw it into the Trainers eyes and made a bolt for it. This wasn't the first time something like this happened but Trevor sure as hell hated it when it did. Running towards a fountain, two police officers came into veiw and niether one looked happy. "YIKES!" turning to the opposite direction Trevor saw his best bet. The crowd! "Rosgry! Abracadbra!" Rosgry while frightened understood his master's command and from his pocket threw a handful of smoke pellets and some trinkets he liberated from the Captains cabin back on the boat. "Ros ROS!" Rosgry jumped into the crowd and waited curled on the floor "I gotcha buddy" Trevor yelled as he slid and collected his friend. "They wont find us in the forest!"

ooc:second, may I suggest we develope a pattern of posting in order to avoid ninja'd moments?

Ooc: Probably just a rough outline should do, basically if one character has a direct interaction with another character the other person gets posting precendence unless they are offline or take more then 1/2 an hour. New comers always have a precedence so that they can establish themselves in the story.

Through the heavy smoke Rodney saw another boy around his age with a Riolu looking for the crook aswell he asked him "Did you see which way he went?" the boy replied "Somewhere in the forest" and they both ran off to look for the man all the while Chompers would not let up on his song.

Ooc: Or keep another tab upon and refresh just before you send. Also do you guys think I should close up slots with Az,Cat and FullMetalAngel joining sometime soon? there is 6 currently.

ooc: Yeah I think thats more than enough for now

"ROSGRY, GRY, ROS, ROS!" Rosgry shouted undertow as Trevor ran. "Well if you fastened the helmet on properly they wouldn't have never noticed! Hearing voices and a pokemon's insensate singing, Trevor stopped in the middle of a clearing think man think "Gry" Rosgry shouted as he pointed up. Trevor followed the pokemon's finger and with a sheepish grn thought crazy enough it just might work

ooc: I'm calling it a night. Cya fellas

as Jeffery and the mysterious stranger ran into the forest he wondered what the hell was going on
"what`s you`re name" Jeffery asked still keeping his eyes straight ahead
"Rodney" the he replied

OOC: yeah we should probably close this up
OOC: yeah goodnight or morning I gotta get some sleep

Ooc: I noticed a chink in my 30 mins maximum posting stratergy, that's if you are going for a particularly epic post, so if you are (by epic I just mean saw a major plot occurence or just a long post) then put down a note in the thread and edit the post into that note. Night Adam.

Rodney replied to the other boy's question "So what's your name?" to which he replied "Jeffery!" because he had to shout above the small but incredibly loud Totodile Rodney was holding. the reached a small clearing where they stopped and assesed the situation "Where do you think they went?" Rodney asked Chompers who stopped singing for a second and began to sniff, it seemed he had found them very quickly because he went hurtling off while the other three tried to catch up, when they finally found him, they saw he hadn't found the criminal he had found a bush of sweetberries which he was now gorging himself upon. Rodney was dumbstruck and embarrassed that Jeffrey had already seen how incompetent Chompers could be.

Ooc: Okay so your both from Aus, which is 11 hours behind me which isn't too bad in sense of major discrepencies. Bling is in UK which is fairly similar and Az and FMA are in America/canada so I'm not sure of the time differences.

OOC: Damn I wanted to get on to this :( Oh well I geuss I'll keep pumping life into the WoW thread and wait for a slot to open up in here. Until then carry on you pokemon nuts you!

^Ooc: Go ahead, it'll be nice to always get a few experienced Rpers in here to balance out the crowd

OOC: Well if GM says so then GM gets so

Name: Heather
Skills: Bug-catcher and Cook
Personality: Cheerful but easily distracted by things she has never seen before. Also knows a lot about certain kinds of pokemon.
Hometown: Vermillion City
Starter and how you met it: Rossto, a Pidgey is Heather's first pokemon and her constant companion. Even though she has a love for bug types she finds that having their weakness will allow her to capture them easier. Rossto is bold for such a small pokemon often trying to fight things larger than himself. He has a small red red feather growing onto of its head.
Pokemon in party: Rossto (Pidgey)
Bio: Growing up in Vermillion city left her out of tune with the outside world for a long time. Her mother was a good cook and passed it onto her while her father was a pokemon trainer. Her first trip outside the city was at the age of 14 where her father took her to Viridian Forest. It was inside that she found a fascination with bugs and a pidgey in a pinch and decided to help it out before capturing it. From there on she called him Rosssto for getting into situations often too much for it to handle. After spending a little more time in the city she set off to become a pokemon trainer herself heading to pallet town as her father suggested. Her father also left her with an pokemon egg he had aquired on his adventures.
Money: 300$
Equipment: Clothes, Two Potions, Three Pokeballs, Pokemon Egg, Pokedex w/ Videophone, sleeping bag.

OOC: Will post later.

Ooc: Sorry about that, good to have you on board Soldat. I think it's high time we got to the story however.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 41 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked