Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

It is time for the Mormon Perspective of this protest: What they are doing is wrong, and frankly they are officially nuttier then the FDLS (you know the polygamists who's women look like they just got off the set of little house on the Prairy").

These people are trolls, plain and simple.

Konaerix:
Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

Don't remember that one but was this the same church that made the underage girl apologise for being raped, forciblE not just statuatory, to the entire congregation?

Woah woah woah, just read the linked article. Is their reason purely because they didn't like the politician and thought the gunman was doing god's work.

Don't care if this gets me suspended or banned I'm gonna say it

SICK FUCKS

-edit - My error that was trinity baptist church not westboro must of been getting my stories confused one pastor phelps(priest not rapist)

I read about it on the escapist but can no longer find the thread so hears an external link http://friendlyatheist.com/2010/06/02/baptist-church-told-girl-to-apologize-for-being-raped-2/

You have my deepest sympathy. I can't imagine what your family and friends must be going through.

As for these WBC assholes, At least you need not worry about them actually accomplishing anything. People don't realize that the only people affiliated with that "church" are direct relatives of Fred Phelps. They're nothing more then an in-bread family of insane, stupid fucks.

I think a jury would let me off if I gutted each and every adult member of that church.

*headdesk*

God damnit im sick of these trolls, I would reather them get hit by a train, but ill let that go for now.

Where all better then them, we know it, And they know it, so lets rise above them and ignore the dumn fuckers.

And yet they still manage to say their Christian. If God really wanted us to protest the funerals of heroic veterans and innocent 9 year olds, I doubt he'd be a very wonderful god.
Seriously.

blue spartan 11:

XinfiniteX:
Snip

Wish I could show up with a sign that says "God hates it when you try to use him as an excuse."

You should do that, and if not you, someone else. That's a very good idea sir.
Also, I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I could say I feel your pain, but I don't think I can.

Listen guys, when dealing with the WBC you must remember these ancient words of wisdom:

"DON'T FEED THE TROLLS."

If the press didn't cover their antics, they'd probably stop doing what they do.

On a side not, the newspaper said that the shooter's favourite books included both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. Am I the only one who realizes how ridiculous that is?

I wouldn't normally say this - but these people are some of the few who deserve it.

I hope the Hell's Angels aren't peaceful this time. The WBC are filth. Burn them.

Well I hope the Hells Angels can give them one thing to think about when protesting a funeral.
Hopefully with a loaded Sawn-Off.

Unfortunately they pretty much rely on being slandered, and assaulted, so they can sue people and pay for more publicity causing protests. The only real answer is to have a hitman hired by some rich person to pop the skulls of every adult on their site, leaving the children to put into care and given to loving normal families.

Sadly, they're not idiots...borderline insane, but they have enough cunning to push most of their family into law, making sure they have tons of cash to continue their level of hatred and to be able to defend what they do.

I assume that they're not actually breaking any laws, and they know the intracacies of the laws enough to dance thru the loopholes as they ruin people's lives.

Personally I hope Phelps dies of a heart attack on the end of a male hooker's dick... in public... so the hypocrisy is complete.

I for one can't believe they're legally allowed to indoctrinate their own children in this hate, when I've seen kids of about 4 chanting their hate slogans it just boggles the mind the government can't step in to protect them.

I still remember the hypocrisy of one of the main woman's sons being born out of wedlock and therefore condemned to burn in hell by her hand, yet she says she's prayed for forgiveness so it's all ok. Yet no-one else gets the same use of the 'get out of jail free' card.

The amount of kids she's had too, I can't even believe anyone would want to actively push their dick into a vortex of pure hate. Yet of course she's only having children to populate her cult (yes I said cult, not the other term, that's for each individual member).

At least David Koresh was only it to get laid.

I really can't blame people for hating us Christians if morons go and do stuff like that "in the name of God".

Christian arrogance is what is causing negativity towards us, not Satan.

I think I may throw up. Yeah. Give me a minute.... Okay, fine now. These guys are, to me, sadly deluded. I personally believe that people who condone this sort of behviour have mental problems. Seriously WBC members, GET HELP. No joke.

these guys need to learn the true meanings of the bible. I know what freedom of speech means but this takes it too far

Those inbred motherfuckers need to be hunted down and castrated

Fuck's sake. If there was a hell Fred Phelps would be on a fast-track to it, and he's the only one who doesn't seem to know it.

So there'll be Romaine Patterson style Angel-Action people alongside full on Hell's Angels between WBC members and the service? It's admirable to see such different groups of people coming together to peacefully (hopefully!) stand between the hate-fueled zealots and the folks doing their best to live their lives.

...Though I worry that the best they'll be able to do is make this whole event just a little less painful for the families and those involved.

Man. Fuck. Argh.

Still, it is encouraging to see that for every person seeking a public venue to spew a rhetoric of hate there are dozens, hundreds more willing to stand up to them, stand up for the positive qualities of humanity.

A bunch of high-school kids who got out early came over and started yelling at some of these people in the protest--the Fred Phelps people, and across the street you had people lining up for the funeral... Well, I remember a guy, I remember this skinhead coming over and he was dressed in leather and spikes everywhere and he came over from across the street where the protest was and he came into the crowd and I just thought, oh this is gonna be a really ugly confrontation. But instead he came over and he started leading them in Amazing Grace.

-Kerry Drake / The Laramie Project

Anti Nudist Cupcake:
I really can't blame people for hating us Christians if morons go and do stuff like that "in the name of God".

Christian arrogance is what is causing negativity towards us, not Satan.

I think thats why they do it. They seem as Christians to get in the news, and then make us out to be crazy insane sadists or something. This is just unacceptable and I too believe they are nothing but a cult, and have found a way to make it legal. I hope that eventually they can be taken down.

They truely are a shame to the entire human race. They should be put to death.

groups like the WBC are the kind of people you hope get shot but if anyone did anything to them they would ba come a matyr etc and probably make the issue worse.

maybe someone should hire like a big truck or 2 and park them infront of them blocking the view to the funeral

Truly, truly tasteless. I'm quite sure that describing the fate I wish on these individuals would incite moderator wrath so suffice it to say I wouldn't consider anyone that supports protesting a nine year old's funeral to even be human - I'm ashamed to be part of the same bloody species.

And forcing this on the parents at what is probably the worst time of their life... I honestly can't imagine that I'd be able to contain myself if that were my little girl and a bunch of fanatics that had no right to involve themselves pulled a stunt like this.

This doesn't need to reflect badly on organised religion as a whole per se, but it does make me happy that I generally try and have as little as possible to do with all things religious. Stuff like this just gets my blood boiling. (Not condemning religion here, I know it's only the bad stuff that makes the headlines)

XinfiniteX:
Wow... just wow.

Here is the document that the 'church' released about this incident...

Are you kidding me! These people should be locked up or somehow removed from normal society.

What the.... these people need to be locked up and quick. They seem to be half a step away from going on a killing spree themselves.

I hope the community rocked by this tragedy recovers and remember the people who were killed with honour and respect. My condolences to the families. I only hope that they keep WBC away from the churches as best they can.

I'm confused? What are they protesting about? Because "killed for your rebellion when God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America" isn't exactly a helpful description.

starwarsgeek:

The Cheezy One:
The actions of this church do not reflect those of other Christians. As much as it pains me to insult other Christians, they are dumb hics who take the Bible too literally. It is not just a book of laws written about 2000 years ago, it revolves around a living, understanding God, who can see that the world has changed. These people need to be informed they are wrong. And if they aren't, and God actually condones this stuff, then I would really have to rethink my choice of deity. But because He doesn't, I won't.

There's more to Christianity than believing in the Bible. Christianity, no matter the denomination, is about following the message of Christ. It's about holding ourselves up to impossible standards of love, humility, and self-control, and believing in an all-loving God who forgives us when we fail. It's about being able to love everyone unconditionally--even those who wish to be our enemies...even people who commit terrible acts of destruction. Different denominations have different details, but all Christians strive for one goal: to immitate Christ.

The WBC, on the other hand, are a bunch of hate-mongering attention-seeking biggots who happen to believe in God. They need the prayers of every person of faith in this thread, and need to be pitied by everyone here. They are truly sad people.

Good point. If I get a few minutes free at work I'll say a quick prayer asking them to be more accepting. I am not angry with them, just disappointed, as if a friend of mine has bricked a window. Of an orphange. For kittens. With limps.

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

they're not your personal army you know. they'd probably end up supporting WBC if you were to ask them.

OT: i don't really think they're a legitimate church. so they've absolutely nothing to do with a funeral.

I cannot stand these people but law-wise there isn't anything that can be done. They might be hateful assholes but they aren't stupid ones. They make SURE to stay on public property whenever picketing and far away enough to not be ON private property but to be CLOSE enough to annoy and spread their hateful messages. One of Phelp's daughters is a lawyer so I'm sure one of her roles is to know where public ends and private property begins. These are the idiots who picketed Heath Ledger's funeral (RIP Heath) just because he PLAYED a homosexual in a movie! Had a video called "Heath's in Hell" on their website. That's how bat-shit twisted these fucks are. As a criminology/Criminal Justice major I know a lot about them.

GamesRadar interviewed Shirley Phelps-Roper in case some of you are interested: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/gamesradar-vs-shirley-phelps-roper/a-2008032411584716017

Merkavar:
groups like the WBC are the kind of people you hope get shot but if anyone did anything to them they would ba come a matyr etc and probably make the issue worse.

maybe someone should hire like a big truck or 2 and park them infront of them blocking the view to the funeral

I don't think martyrdom would work for WBC, to be honest. They are unanimously hated throughout the world, by anyone who knows them. If it came out in the news that one of their protests was fire-bombed and most of them were killed, I think most people would simply nod in understanding.

Yes, the best way to dissuade Fred Phelps from this stuff would be a sniper's bullet.

Incidentally, was this rampage the same one where the politician in question was shot in the head, but is still alive?

Oh, and come to think of it, isn't a big part of their message that they hate all of America because they think everyone there is going to hell? Couldn't the government do some twisting of their own and have them all convicted of treason or something?

Maybe this time,Hell's Angels might actually beat the crap out of WBC.

Redlin5:

I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm secretly hoping to hear this article in the news some day:

Entire Westboro Church Congregation kidnapped! HURRAY!

Oh WBC, as if Christianity already didn't have enough stupid history.

I'll settle for "Fred Phelps Dead, SAT4NSLILHELPER Pisses on Grave"

*looks up from book*

'Atta boy, WBC. Keep up the good work of trolling the country. Make that money, boys.

*goes back to book*

They were going to protest a Thirty Seconds to Mars/Neon Trees concert in New Jersey a few months back, as well as a funeral of a soldier who died in combat. They never rest.

I think they need to stop protesting such minor things. It's stupidity & will only cause them a humongous lawsuit if they don't stop. These people wanted to burn the Koran at Ground Zero on 9/11. They are complete maniacs & need psychotherapy!! Or maybe someone will actually grow a pair & speak out against them!

I can't even care about them. All I care about is if someone decided to hack them up, killing them in the process and be considered a Hero nation-wide.

Nothing wrong killing those deluded pathetic pricks, except the children.

Housebroken Lunatic:

Purple Shrimp:

would you care to elaborate? :)

My opinion on the subject is that every religion that I'm aware of incorporates, at a basic level, teachings of respect and love (amongst other things.) Although I'm not religious, I still have a lot of respect for those who are and have those beliefs as a result. If religion has helped to bring meaning into anyone's life, then I'm grateful for it. :)

the obvious exception is people who harm others as a result of their religion (eg the examples you gave in your previous post.)

It's getting harder and harder to know where to start when it comes to bones needning to be picked with religion, mainly because there are so many.

I could go with the fact that it's diminishing human capacity in the way where it serves as a "refuge" for people who "lost hope" and who desperately fill their heads with fantasies and fairytales because the universe around them seem too frightening without some fantasy creature in the sky watching their back. Instead of just trying to teach them that their lives are exactly as meaningful as they themselves decide them to be. That humans have a choice in the matter.

I could also go with the diminishing of values like respect and love towards people, since religion has a way of perverting people's perception of what these things mean. Respect and love are perceptions that normally occur on their own to people who deserve it. Trying to indoctrinate people inte respecting and loving EVERYONE will just make these concepts lose their meaning.

But im not going to go with these things today. I think I'll go with the fact that there is no such thing as a "peaceful" religion. You can blame fundamentalists and extremists groups all you like, but the fact is that these are ALWAYS spawned out of religion where ever it shows it's ugly face. And it's no wonder, since religion basically have a lot of fun "source material" that are often used to justify all manner of violent and heinous acts against others and this also happens without much questioning (GOD sanctions it after all, so why should any believer question the acts?).

At least with secular, scientific and intelligent debates and opinions you have to be able to ARGUE why a specific course of action is the better one, and also QUESTION the opinions and findings that others have made. When it comes to religious "faith" however, there are no questions asked.

This serves as a breeding ground for extremism and violence. Good religion doesn't exist because it's inseparable from it's violent and ugly counterpart. There is simply something inherently rotten with it, and it doesn't matter how many ideological wars are fought in it's name, because the rotten parts won't go away.

That's why I think it should be exterminated. It doesn't deserve to exist simply because it makes some people "feel better" about themselves, especially not at the price of all those who are oppressed and get murdered in it's name...

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/574844-egypt-s-muslims-attend-coptic-christmas-mass-serving-as-human-shields

Explain this.

YOU are a hypocrite you are saying everyone who believes in a higher power is stupid and that they all force people to be like them, and yet every single one of your arguments is backed by your idea that everyone should be athiest. Religion is only bad when idiots control it, and militant athiesm is as dumb as any forceful religion and is just too wussy to do anything about it but post poorly constructed arguments of why everyone should believe in one thing. There is also no proof that a god or gods dont exist and no proof that they do and people have the right to choose whatever they want.

WBC ignored "Love your enemies" statement in the bible. Those assholes. Those deluded motherfuckers should cut their nads using a kite string.

Those deluded motherfuckers should cut their nads with a kite string. Freaking Organized Trolls.

I Bet God wants to shoot green lasers from his eyes on those deluded motherfuckers.

brumley53:

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/574844-egypt-s-muslims-attend-coptic-christmas-mass-serving-as-human-shields

Explain this.

YOU are a hypocrite you are saying everyone who believes in a higher power is stupid and that they all force people to be like them, and yet every single one of your arguments is backed by your idea that everyone should be athiest. Religion is only bad when idiots control it, and militant athiesm is as dumb as any forceful religion and is just too wussy to do anything about it but post poorly constructed arguments of why everyone should believe in one thing. There is also no proof that a god or gods dont exist and no proof that they do and people have the right to choose whatever they want.

Well done sir! Speaking as a Christian who doesn't try to convert others and as someone who hates what the WCB is doing; I approve of this reply.

Also that story is very heartwarming. Cheers my Muslim friends, love is better than hate in my books XD

I've seen a documentary on these retards? Has no one in america dragged a couple of them into an alley and kicked the living shit out of them yet?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked