Santorum: "The dangers of carbon dioxide? Tell that to a plant "

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I feel bad for the United States but then I look at Steven Harper and I realize Canada isn't much better off.

Warforger:

I do admit some of these are just outright stupid, but most of these you're saying he's stupid because he's a Social Conservative, and that is like them calling Obama stupid for wanting universal healthcare.

Yeah, that logic doesn't work much better than Santorum's logic concerning carbon dioxide. A social conservative advocating socially conservative policies doesn't excuse it from being stupid any more than a Nazi advocating Nazi policies stops what they're saying from being stupid.

aegix drakan:
............Wat?

umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but don't plants intake carbon dioxide and output oxygen?

Is Santorum completely insa-.....Wait, why am I even asking that question?

The dangers of oxygen? Tell that to a human, how dangerous oxygen is!

Technically, plants need oxygen as well.

Warforger:

I do admit some of these are just outright stupid, but most of these you're saying he's stupid because he's a Social Conservative, and that is like them calling Obama stupid for wanting universal healthcare.

There quite a huge difference though, to claim the devil is after America and a rape baby is some how a gift from God, is all manner of crazy and stupid, if your gonna say that's just social conservativism, you doing what w'ere trying not to do and brand the whole ideology crazy and stupid. You can't draw a comparison between support for universal healthcare and clearly wanting to ban contraceptives, ones an overwhelmingly good idea, the other's profoundly stupid, guess which one?

Vausch:
Rick Santorum told attendees at the Gulf Coast Energy Summit in Biloxi, Mississippi, on Monday to trust his judgment on the environment, highlighting his position on climate change-that is, that it's a liberal myth.

"The dangers of carbon dioxide? Tell that to a plant, how dangerous carbon dioxide is," Santorum said, according to the Associated Press.

"All air being converted into water isn't dangerous. Tell that to a fish, how dangerous water is."

What the fuck this guy gets more retarded every day.

Katatori-kun:

Yes. They're called republicans, and they're desperate for anything they can find to slime the President with, no matter how irrelevant it may be.

Ok I don't think attacking a Government Official who is in charge of a GODDAMN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT and is also AN ADVISER TO THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF spouting Communist support is "Desperate", it's kind of how you do a background check on people you hire before you hire them.

Katatori-kun:

Aaaaand we're back to the beginning of the conversation again, when you pretended that a secretary's beliefs have more relevant influence on the job they do than their boss's instructions... if you're just going to run in circles here you're welcome to do it on your lonesome.

What? What part of this is hard to understand? Somehow I feel like you're getting pretty desperate at defending a double standard here.

Katatori-kun:

while the Courts can determine if states can pass those types of laws the executive can't pass a law without getting shot down by everybody because the Constitution does not provide much ground for say legalized Abortion in the hands of the Federal government.

I don't know what you're smoking. The President can't pass laws period. He wouldn't get shot down, he has no legislative powers to begin with. Are you sure you're American?

*facepalm* Are you...... Really? You should look up how the government works for once. Here the President can pass a law, he can, however those laws have to have Congress's approval.

Katatori-kun:

If you can see anything here it's that the Supreme Court is the one who determines the fate of these issues; not the President.

And what on earth does any of this have to do with your absurd claim that a comment made by a secretary is equivalently reflective of the President as a comment by the man himself?

........I don't know you're the one who brought it up.

Warforger:

Katatori-kun:

Yes. They're called republicans, and they're desperate for anything they can find to slime the President with, no matter how irrelevant it may be.

Ok I don't think attacking a Government Official who is in charge of a GODDAMN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT and is also AN ADVISER TO THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF spouting Communist support is "Desperate", it's kind of how you do a background check on people you hire before you hire them.

Because spouting their position clearly messes with their job. Oh wait, no, it didn't really. The stated position was rather irrelevant to the job.

Santorum has lost the internet's vote.

renegade7:
Santorum has lost the internet's vote.

Remember what we did to Sopa?
COME AT US SANTORUM!

That's great. People make a big deal about carbon dioxide, and Santorum makes a joke that basically says "Look guys, carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring thing; it's not the apocalypse". And then you all interpret it as "carbon dioxide is completely harmless in any way whatsoever".

Now I know you're going to respond talking about climate change and yadda yadda, but that would be beside the point. You want to make the case for climate change, and make fun of people who don't buy it? That's fine; we can have that discussion. But this particular, individual thread is essentially all about:

"Look! Rick Santorum thinks carbon dioxide is completely harmless!" *throws tomato*

But it's something that isn't true. End of story.

Good lord and people are actually voting for this nutcase? to presidency no less? what is wrong with these people. Santorum is a freaking moron.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked