Darwinism

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Hey look, another "Darwinism is a Religion" post, where the OP has not been seen since his rambling, nonsensical introduction. And an entire thread of reasonable, educated people arguing with a single individual who is either an attention-seeker, or hopelessly under-educated.

This thread started awash in Poe's Law and I can hardly imagine how it can get any better from here. Something about this seems wholly manufactured.

@Realitycrash

I was sort of hoping you'd chime in, with your medical profession and all.

Well, I do like to weigh in on such discussions, but plenty of people have already countered and it seems that neither the OP nor the other YEC in question are coming back any time soon.
What exactly did you want me to respond to, by the way? While I've read a lot about evolution and have the basic biological understanding necessary as part of my medical education, I'm not at all an expert on the subject like an evo-devo scientist would.
Or were you asking specifically about medical implications and issues, like the development and adaptation of germs or evolutionary weaknesses and vestigial organs and structures in our bodies or things like sickle cell anemia versus malaria and the like?

BiscuitTrouser:

LetalisK:

BiscuitTrouser:
pic snip

Isn't that the picture that takes up the size of FDR's eye from a dime if you hold it at arm's length toward the sky?

Yep, the image i saw used that comparison, if you hold the dime over the moon so that they match in size you find that the square that the hubble zoomed in on is about the size of his eye, allowing for the square shape of the image of course. Spectacular isnt it. Its CRAZY how small we are. So very crazy. Its fair enough being told there are 1000000000 planets but that number is meaningless until you start seeing the pictures. If you like that, try this app out:

http://media.skysurvey.org/interactive360/index.html

Great fun.

The first time I ever used Google Sky I puked in my mouth and had nightmares for a week afterwards. True story.

itsthesheppy:
Hey look, another "Darwinism is a Religion" post, where the OP has not been seen since his rambling, nonsensical introduction. And an entire thread of reasonable, educated people arguing with a single individual who is either an attention-seeker, or hopelessly under-educated.

This thread started awash in Poe's Law and I can hardly imagine how it can get any better from here. Something about this seems wholly manufactured.

Indeed, shall we request that someone come along and lock the thread so we may be done with this silly business?

Glasgow:

LoFr3Eq:
Hardly anyone is a "Darwinist", trying to accuse someone of being one just makes you look silly.

And one does not have faith in evolution, it is a fact, verifiably so.

Is it silly to call someone a Marxist then?

Evolution isn't fact. Evolution is a theory. Facts are data.

It is fact. Theory in science is essentially fact. The theory you're thinking of, in science terms, is a thesis.

Skeleon:
@Realitycrash

I was sort of hoping you'd chime in, with your medical profession and all.

Well, I do like to weigh in on such discussions, but plenty of people have already countered and it seems that neither the OP nor the other YEC in question are coming back any time soon.
What exactly did you want me to respond to, by the way? While I've read a lot about evolution and have the basic biological understanding necessary as part of my medical education, I'm not at all an expert on the subject like an evo-devo scientist would.
Or were you asking specifically about medical implications and issues, like the development and adaptation of germs or evolutionary weaknesses and vestigial organs and structures in our bodies or things like sickle cell anemia versus malaria and the like?

Oh, I don't know, something along the lines of what had already been said, I guess. You usually make clear, level-headed points. But you're right, the discussion died out rather quickly.

Realitycrash:

Oh, I don't know, something along the lines of what had already been said, I guess. You usually make clear, level-headed points. But you're right, the discussion died out rather quickly.

Especially considering creationism threads often go 20+ pages. Or maybe that only happens on Off-Topic.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked