The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 . . . 807 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Afternoon| January 2nd

D.C. Battle Grounds - The Capital Building
David, Elena + a Hurtload of Das Feenreich

Well... it might have been rude of David not to ask about the many friends that Elena had brought along to play but at that point, they were well past the social niceties that most people subscribe to, especially when a group of them were there because David was apart of a group judged responsible for the deaths of millions upon millions of innocent civilians. Of the group, the only ones that were known to David was Elena, his former lover and current squad leader of this band of Brother's Grimm rejects and Ha Long, who had received the nickname Charlie from a bunch of American G.I.s during the Vietnam/US war.

Only Ha Long nodded a greeting to David, out of respect for the man that he knew, though that didn't mean that his familiarity with the man would stop him from going out and doing his job. Looking at the group, David recognized a pair of drow twins... at least they looked like they belonged to the same race as Slindis... a Minotaur, a Dwarf, a couple of centaurs, a man and a woman that David would find out later to be Wendigo, a werewolf/loupe garou and a Gorgon... at least he thought that she might be one given the snakes she had for hair... a mask hid the rest.

"Long time, David." Elena said finally, the love that had once been soaked in her voice was totally missing.

"We're here to stop you and your friends from killing more people than you already have. Please ... don't make this any harder on you than it has to be." She continued... her voice sounding rather authentic, though the smile on her face that only David could see begged him to put up a fight so they could make his end painful as could be.

D.C. Battle Grounds - The White House

Garm | Jenny | Lupito | Slindis | Teri

Teri's eyes widened at the notion of a nuclear warhead, "Do WHAT?! A NUKE?!"

However, before she could do much else, her support disappeared, and the Cleric found herself falling back with surprise. But before she could protest, Garm was already gone, running back into the building.

Rugal

As the King of Fighters wandered the building in desperation for the Cleric, he heard a familiar sounding bark; and found himself face to face with the black wolf. Holding up his hands, Rugal quietly asked,

"Not the suit, alright? Now, do you know where Teri is?"

The wolf barked again, and sped off, to which Rugal could only assume was a yes, and followed outwards...

To find the person he was looking for right there in front of him, looking a tad bit tired; but otherwise alright. Upon hearing Garm rush out, the group looked to Rugal (Slindis in particular being very confused, especially with what he told her moments ago.)

Not wasting any time, Rugal pointed at Jenkins' corpse and said, "Talk to him. He has the code to the missiles."

The Cleric, deflated a bit at this statement, but then her face scrunched with a thought. Forcing herself up quickly, she grabbed her Tablet and tapped a few buttons on the screen, mummering something none around could hear properly. In a moment, an area arose around the Cleric and the indisposed Jenkins. It was strange, and seemed to distort things within it; for it looked like the Cleric had a fast forward button pressed on her inside the bubble; and in moments, it disipatted again, leaving the Cleric shaking and with sweat building on her brow. Turning to Rugal, she held up her tablet, and the code was displayed:

"4675636B20596F75"

Dark Tomoya.

Tomoya looked upon the Earth, he had called all of his fleet to re-group which included the Earth invasion force. They had only accomplished half their objective. "Get ready... they will come soon. it also seems my friend has joined the." DP.Tomoya sighed as he learnt his comrade's fate, now he wanted to get revenge against that group.
His new powers were settling in as tentacles of darkness swarmed around his body, fixing most damages.

>Corrupted File.

The young boy was peering into his older brothers room on board the Blackhawke, he was sleeping but he knew he had changed. Enraged by this fact the boy's screwed up into anger and marched off once more.

Storm-178.
Time: 10 Am.

" Resting mind, mending body... 20 percent health. Need immediate medical attention. Waking shock activating... " Alpha said as a charging buzz sound came from the helmet and zapped the whole spartan's body. A loud groan was heard, "What... the hell... happened... " he groaned as he looked around him and was shocked. "Where the... fuuuuuuck?" The Spartan slowly remembered where he is judging by the monument and building.

"Okay... will someone explain... what happened?" Storm said as he slowly rose from the ground with the help of the kids and approached the group "Thanks kids... " Storm smiled at them. It had seemed that the Spartan had forgotten what he had done during his corruption time, maybe this might lead the group to find out that corruption and evil had did this to the world.

Riki & Kud..

The two were pleased with themselves to get compliments from Tajuh, but this had only made them more determined to become more of use to the group. Though now they were occupied with how the stone works, if it wasn't for the hooded man (Michael) they might be somewhere else. With that event passed they had figured out that the stone recharges, how... they don't know.

The two smiled but quickly took note of the incoming nuke, of course they couldn't stop this and it would take a load of everyone's mind if they were gone from the scene. "Thanks for the compliment, and than you even more for protecting us multiple times... we want to work to become stronger." Riki said with Tajuh with Kud in the background smiling. "We'll enter a pod and get back to the ship... as soon as we get the big guy in a pod too." Riki said to Tajuh as he ran off.

The two helped the Spartan up as he walked to the group.
Riki only hoped that saving him wasn't going to end badly.

Rugal

"4675636B20596F75. Got it, Might still have time to stop it!" Rugal shouted as he doubled back the way he came, jumping over bodies and doing his best not to slip on blood pools, Literally throwing himself down the stairs in his haste.
He was soon back in the burning control room, shouting "4675636B20596F75! The Code is 4675636B20596F75!"
He then watched as the countdown was counting down from the last 1 minute.
Come on, Come on, Come on, Come on, Come on! He thought to himself as the AI's worked as fast as they could.
{Access Code : Accepted. Nuclear Strike: Averted}
He nearly cried when those words came up on screen.
"Oh thank god...Uhh...Pass the news on to the others...And if you can, have a bottle of champagne ready in my room upon my return..,"
With waves of relief flowing over him, he fell back into a chair and caught his breath.
"...Heh...How does Jack Bauer do it non-stop?..." He joked to himself as he waited for the others.

Jenny

As Rugal took off, Jenny monitored his thoughts every step of the way and thus was the first to rejoice when she realized she wasn't about to die. Again.
"YES! YOU DID IT, TERI! HAHAHAAHHA!" She screamed in joy as she hugged the cleric in victory.

David

"....You have GOT! To be KIDDING me!" David said in total disbelief as he sized up the group.
"...Elena...Please...don't do this...You know better! You know it wasn't us! YOU WERE THERE!" He begged as his hand went for his gun, though against all these...
Half of him was telling him to let her kill him, the other half was telling him to fight.
It was official: This was the worst day of David's life.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Kud | Puce | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Riki | Storm | Tajuh |

Even though she had narrowly avoided being crushed by Melethia's bear hug, Kurumu did delight in the hug that Melethia gave afterwards, a bit more suited to a Succubus back in her old form. And even though there was a tinge of regret at having lost her body once again, she was quite happy that she was alive.

"My mom? You met my mom?" Kurumu asked Devon in disbelief as she looked over to Ella who confirmed the Bard's story.

"He did... and he got me out of Hell." Kurumu's sister added with a relived smile on her face... somehow she looked more rested and less hungry than she had when she had first joined the crew. Which was funny since it seemed like it had been a while since she had fed on a human.

"So... you found a boy?" Kuru asked her Half-Sister, her voice filled with pride as she saw her sister smile in embarrassment.

"None of your business..." She said before she smiled inwardly once again.

Parting from the Hug with Melethia, Kurumu fluttered over to why Kyre was crying and gave her a hug as well.

"Cheer up Kyre. I'm not dead... and I'm just back to the way I was when you met me. But I want to thank you for giving me that time in my body. I made me realize that I need to treasure my time with my friends and my family." She said as she over to Puce... a sad smile crossing her face before turning back to Melethia.

"Just so you know... I heard what you said about me winning... but I'm going to forget that you said it. Next time... next time."

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Puce | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia

Devon Kept fairly close, although he made sure to allow the two to have some space. "Kurumu, Ella, I don't mean to be rude, but there is the whole nuclear missile being inbound thing that does kinda make us staying here right now something along the lines of a suicidal idea... So either we could try to see where the others are or we could continue this talk on the Rising Dawn." Kurumu could clearly see that Devon cared deeply for Ella from the way he kept close to her, yet his eyes didn't have the glazed-over look of an Allure.

Melethia became curious when she heard about this nuclear weapon, but hearing the concerned tones that some of the others talked about it made her concerned and she went up to Aftan to ask her a question. "Excuse me, Miss, but is that nuclear missile what was used in that other city that was attacked?"

David, Elena + a Hurtload of Das Feenreich, Tajuh

As he ran to scour the area for others, he happened upon David and the group Elena had arrived with. Making a move to back up the man, he casually stood next to him. "Elena Volkov, you're here for what? Last I heard, you were going to leave." When the Russian told him what they were there for again, he kept up a disaffected tone.

"Amusing, that. You want to judge the crew of that ship for its failings? Perhaps your people should actually try something to stop the much larger threat of the Angel Fleet massacring millions rather than choosing an opportune target to vent the impotent frustrations that you must be feeling."

Slindis turned to Teri. "I'm going to check on the current positions of the others here. Even though we avoided one strike, there's no telling if that Tomoya has a backup one inbound." She whistled to Lupito, and the pair paused for a second in case Jenny decided that she wanted to head along with them before departing at a rapid speed.

Rugal | AIs Vermilion and Dimitri

As the programming ran it's course, Dimitri couldn't help but smile at Rugal's reverie, "Nicely done, Rugal Bernstein. You helped save a city from a nuclear strike, and will live to see another day. The request you have made for your private quarters has been noted; and I only have this to say: The discussion you and I had... Tell them yourself. You've the capacity to do so."

Following that, Dimitri allowed his inhibitions to be thrown to the digital winds; and returned in kind the kiss Vermilion gave him upon arrival, celebrating the joy of the most recent middle finger to death itself.

Jenny | Lupito | Slindis | Garm | Teri

Teri didn't even flinch when she was embraced by Jenny. In fact, she looked appreciative of the gesture, if anything else. Her face looked worn after that effort she pulled with the stored time bubble; and after Jenny finally let go, the Cleric reached for her staff, and gave a silent apology for being so distant. With that, her legs wobbled, and she slumped against Garm. Patting the wolf, her Tablet meekly called out, "Good boy... Very good boy."

Closing her eyes for a moment, Teri went back into her mind to let her friend know about what she had done...

Lucifer | Teri

Upon entering her mind, she saw that Lucifer was talking with her shadow as well, and watched with silent curiosity as she heard the following:

"I mean... he IS able to be around her more than I am... you know? And well... since he can be there, I guess she would look to him for ... whatever... more than she would me. I mean look at me. I'm everything that she's been raised to despise and be wary of. How can I compete against someone who's changing his stripes to save the world. I can't even change that about myself."
"And now... I'm talking to a fish that was trying to take over Teri's mind. Blood hell... the other Archangels would be rolling if they could see how far the mighty have fallen."

"... But seriously... I should have been there to save her, shouldn't I have."

Teri was shocked by that. Lucifer... Jealous of Rugal?! What was the world coming too? That was when her shadow, the cruel thing, spoke,

"Mr. Bernstein..?! Like that?! Man, if that doesn't scream Electra Complex, I don't know what will! Man, you're sick, you know that? Geez... He reminds me of my Dad, if anything else. Same stupid cocky attitude, tall as hell... Hell, he's even got facial hair! Just slap a ZZ Top beard on the guy, and he might as well be him. Now, I'll admit to liking blondies, but Mr. Bernstein would just be weird...

And to answer your question, yeah, you should have. I was scared! I... I was hoping you would come for me. I really did... With a flap of those wings, you could have swept me away from that bad man and-"

The Cleric paused again, noting that despite the wicked tongue that her Shadow may have possessed, it was still the Truth; albeit in the form of a crueler messenger. However, once it mentioned her capture, Teri decided to step in,

"That'll be enough, Me. You got the point across..."

As she stepped towards the two, Lucifer noticed that the scenery changed again, this time to a sunset sort of time of day; painting the landscape with orange and yellow. The young girl certainly looked tired, but a tad bit on the confident side, if anything else. Hell, saving DC with a fit of ingenuity tended to do that. However, a hint of anticipation waited on the edge, as she waited to see what Lucifer had to say about what her Shadow just revealed...

Kurumu smiled as she looked at her Half Sister and the Bard. They were quite the couple. While she was fairly headstrong, Devon seemed to be able to keep her on a even keel and he treated her with a kindness that the Half Succubus had rarely seen from human men.

Meanwhile Aftan was speaking to Melethia.

"Yes. The Nuclear Missile is the device that was used to raze New York. However, the one in New York was a singular device where as this is many projectiles bound for us at the moment." The Knight said as she looked up towards the sky waiting for a view of the missiles, a blade in her hand, she was prepared to strike them all from the sky. It was too bad that no one bothered to inform the group that the missiles had been disabled yet.

David | Elena + a Hurtload of Das Feenreich | Tajuh

There was a grumble of disbelief from within the ranks of the assembled members of Das Feenreich, a grumble that was silenced with a raised hand that came from Elena Volkov. She continued to smile her wicked smile as she looked at David and Tajuh.

"I told them that you'd say anything that you could and lie your way out of the association that you and the Rising Dawn have with Tomoya and his Angel Fleet. But you'll not lie your way out of getting your just deserts. I showed them the footage that I took of the village massacre in South America, a slaughter that was caused by you, David, Slindis and admittedly myself, though in my defense, I had no idea the depths to which The Rising Dawn would stoop to save itself from being identified as collaborating with the Angels." The Former Russian Officer said, causing a larger murmur, this one filled with anger and disgust to come from the assembled mythological creatures.

"See? You only have to look on David's face to know that it's the truth. He can't help but hide the guilt of slaughtering those innocent souls!" Elena's voice was raised, trying to bring her associates into a bloodthirsty fervor.

"They are too lowly and cowardly to be brought back for our merciful justice. We should administer the executions on the spot." The girl who had been raised in the London Underground said as she pulled out a wicked looking bladed boomerang.

"Elena... this... this isn't what we agreed to." The man known as Ha Long said to her. If anything... Tajuh could sense that there was something about this human that was speaking to Elena. Something reptilian about the way he spoke.

"Shut up, Charlie. You weren't there for the Slaughter of New York. You weren't there for the Slaughter of the villagers and you weren't there when David refused to give up his vengeance upon Rugal in order to assist in the saving of the world. That means that he is in league with the Angels. All of them are!" Elena said, wheeling upon her partner.

There was something wrong... Ha Long had in fact been at the New York Slaughter... he had delivered Riki and Kud to the Rising Dawn. But there was Elena... standing in front of him telling him these things.

"By order of King Oberon and Queen Titania. I carry out the executions of these betrayers of Humanity and the World." The Woman said as she threw her boomerang towards Tajuh.

"FOR THE KING AND QUEEN!!" The Rest called out and surged forward to attack, save for Charlie who stood there, unsure about what was going on with his partner for he knew her the best and she was not acting like herself.

A.I.s Vermilion and Dimitri | Rugal

The room in which the two A.I.s stood turned an even darker shade of red as it was V's turn to blush. And though she had been taken by surprise by the kiss that Dimitri and her shared, she could not and would not complain about it. They had survived being taken out by the blast and that was enough for her.

"Dimitri... that was quite forward of you." She said in a very serious tone when they broke from each other, causing the Butler to panic somewhat until a smile flashed across the face of the Red A.I.

"I quite liked that you were forward." She said as she felt at ease with him taking control for once.

Lucifer | Teri

Now... imagine that you had just found out that your little brother reading all the embarrassing little bits that you had written down in your diary. Now imagine that he was reading it in front of the person that you REALLY REALLY liked. Take that expression that you would have on your face and that would be the expression that the Fallen One was exhibiting at the moment along with some rather rosy cheeks.

"Ahh.. Teri... you're... you're back. Ummm... Well... I ... uhhhh... how long were you standing there?" He asked as he tried to figure out just how much Our Dear Little Cleric had heard and when she told him the whole thing, he well... went into a full blown fluster attack.

"I ... didn't ... er... what I mean to say is... well.. crap... give me a second." The Devil said as he took in a deep deep breath and exhaled it slowly, causing his mind to relax.

"So. I guess I don't have to worry about Rugal?" He said with a smile as he approached the Cleric.

"And I'm guessing that what you had to say was true... that you wish it had been me that rescued you?" He said as he took another step towards her.

"And I'm guessing that you know what I still feel for you... and I'm guessing that you might... feel the same way?" Another two steps forward this brought up to where the Cleric was standing and he was now looking into her eyes.

"So ... why did you run away from me when I revealed myself to you back there? I was assuming that it had to do with Rugal but I guess it might have to do with me being who I am... but if it's something that DOES truly bother you... I'll step away from it... all of it." The Dark Prince said... his voice genuine as he added:

"I'd even cut these wings off for you." He said.

David

"...You know that, That's it! You, Me, OVER!" David shouted as he leap towards cover, firing lead at the Minotaur first as he did.
Once he was in cover, he switched it up to Freeze rounds and began to aim for the Drow Twins, if they were anything like Slindis, He'd want them out of the way.
At this point, anger at Elena's sheer fucking stupidity in thinking he was somehow working with Tomoya, on top of everything else, was his man driving force in this battle.

Rugal

After sitting down and calming down for a Moment, Rugal left the Command Center a burnt smoldering wreak as he made his way back topside.
He then saw a relived Jenny and a resting Teri with her pet Garm.
"Jenny, call up the others and get a transport back to the ship, Key it low key, I'm not popular around those UNIT people. Garm...You owe me one suit jacket." He said as he went up to the balcony of the White House and watched the city ruins, at least they won right.
"...!!!"
He then saw the deactivated missile splash down harmlessly into the pond of the National Mall.
"...Thank god it wasn't one of mine..."

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Puce | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Ella | Devon | Storm | Riki | Kud

Seeing the two teens trying to help the man in full armor get to one of the pods, Devon took a moment to split off from Ella and approached him. " Here, let me lend you a hand." The Cure Serious Wounds spell healed the injuries the man had taken and gave him a bit more energy to move around.

"You look kind of familiar, but that's not the point. We've got to start getting out of here now since that Hot Topic Angel Tomoya's planning to nuke this place like he did New York City." He offered a hand to the two teens if they needed some help getting the man to a better place to recover.

---

Melethia looked up at the sky. "Miss, that's not how it's gonna end for us! I don't care what ya say, but we won't be wiped off the map because that freak in leather britches likes pushing the button way too much."

David | Elena + a Hurtload of Das Feenreich | Tajuh

Tajuh scoffed and easily sidestepped the attack, making sure to turn to the side to avoid a predictable teleport to where the boomerang would fly to and a return throw or hack. "Charlie, wasn't it? I saw the Dragon in New York City, how it rescued those two children. At the same time, I'm sure that the dragon saw the massive fleet attacking the city as well. And honestly? Me, associating with the Angels? Your commanding officer's addled in the head if she thinks that's true for a second."

In the distance, Charlie could see a crimson-haired drow riding swiftly towards the melee on a very large wolf. It wasn't one of their men, but all indications from Das Feenreich had said that the only Drow aboard the Rising Dawn was always fully armored, fought with twin blades, and there was no mention of any dire wolves. It could be one of the new recruits foe Das Feenreich, although the difference in arrivals was odd for starters.

As the fight fully began, Tajuh drew his single shortsword and began to back up David. "Honestly. I don't know what you're made of, but I'm damn sure that you can't withstand the nuclear missiles that are inbound at this very moment! Get your priorities straight, Volkov! This fight is just what Tomoya wants, and it'll only serve to aid his plans if we're here when that hits! You may be able to warp away, but what of your allies?!"

A.I.s Vermilion and Dimitri | Rugal

Dimitri gave a low chuckle, but parted from Vermilion's embrace. Face still red, and said, "Now, Ms. Vermilion, don't take this the wrong way; but it appears that the Users are leaving this place... Perhaps this can continue once we re-group on the Dawn? You know they can barely stand to be without us for one moment..."

Lucifer | Teri
"So ... why did you run away from me when I revealed myself to you back there? I was assuming that it had to do with Rugal but I guess it might have to do with me being who I am... but if it's something that DOES truly bother you... I'll step away from it... all of it." The Dark Prince said... his voice genuine as he added:

"I'd even cut these wings off for you."

Teri's heart pounded as the Fallen presented his case to her, his voice oozing with charm and his intent clear. Yup, there was no denying it. He was just as enthralled as she. However, this did not quell the conflict brewing in her heart. The scenery changed again, this time, her fears being made very clear with that same raining field of grass. Water poured from the sky, and soaked the duo to the bone as the girl shook her head in denial,

"Stop saying that! I don't want you to get rid of your wings for me! That- that would-"

"That would make me sad beyond comprehension. Your wings are one of my favorite features, just like your eyes. By the way, did anyone ever tell you that suits are a killer look for you? Unf!"

It was the Cleric's turn to look horrified; as she realized that her Shadow, in Teri's neglect to keep it in check, had grown, it's head now above and out of the pool. However, it's lower half remained in, the fish tail remaining. A cruel siren of the truth it had become! Resting a human head on a human hand, the Shadow waved her other hand, the Glasgow Grin wide and smiling, "Oh, don't mind me. I just would like to watch... Can't sue me for a little commentary though."

Teri looked back to the Dark Prince, and gulped, realizing that her own Shadow, for good or ill, had taken to Lucifer's side; and was probably what most people would call "Screwed."

Garm | Jenny | Rugal | Teri

Rugal only heard happy sounding panting from Garm, and found the beast lick his hand when he approached. It was nice to see one of the wolves take a bit more kindly to him than the other, but Rugal suspected that had more to do with Garm's master than the wolf itself. After all, did it not try to drag him here for her sake?

Whatever it was, the girl wasn't saying anything. No, she was cuddled up in the wolf's fur, face a complete mask for what was happening inside her mind.

David | Caim | Angelus | Ton Ton | Cadolbolg

Upon seeing the new force take charge against David, Caim swapped to a Grecian Blade and gave a dark grin, "I've been meaning to test this out... Angelus, I say we've deserved a good drink when we're done here, don't you think?"

The dragon gave a hearty scoff, and lit her hands aflame, "I do say we have, and then some. We never had that discussion we mentioned before, remember?"

Caim's face brightened at that thought, immediately charging into whatever poor sap was to face a Steel-Cutting blade. Ton Ton and Cadolbolg found their way onto the field without difficulty; and were no doubt following in Cadolbolg's Father's steps towards domination of the enemy forces.

David

"Wait...Did you say Nuclear Missiles?" David asked before a portalling boomerang forced him out of cover, resulting in him firing several Freeze at the masked Gorgon and the pair of Centaurs.
When he saw re-enforcements, he shouted "You want a fight, Bitch!? Well bring it the fuck on!"
It was humorous to Caim to see David bickering with his other half like all couples.

Rugal/Jenny

As the rest of the group went into Battle, Rugal was busy setting up a Transport to the ship from the White House Roof, Least until Jenny chimed in.
"Um, Excuse me, but I think you should know that the rest of the team are engaging what appear to be a kill squad lead by...Elena?..." She blurted, not really getting the full picture from back here, That and she wasn't inside any of the crew's minds, merely sensing their emotions.
"...Guess that bottle will have to wait. Stay with Teri, tell her she can either join us or return to the ship, No pressure either way. Dismissed." He said before leaping down from the top of the building and nearing the fight while it was still going.

Jenny meanwhile did as she was told and watched as Teri seemingly slept, unaware of what was going on in her mind.

Storm-178.

"Ahh thanks for thanks, I feel better already." Storm thanked Devon as he gave him a description of what happened. About Tomoya turning evil , nuking New York and above all... looking like a emo! "Fuckin' impossible... as much as I would like to see him like that... no... I don-" Storm was talking how he didn't know or see any of this... until a brief vision of New York came to him.

"No... I won't believe it is him!" Storm yelled with the intent that his best friend and Commander is still good somewhere inside of him, then a sudden pain hit him. "Ugh... okay... enough of that for now friend. The time for that will come another time... for now I must go back to the ship and get myself checked out so I won't turn back again... I'll take the kids too and protect them for now." He spoke to Devon as he jumped inside a pod with the couple's help again.

Riki & Kud..

Riki & Kud bowed to Devon, "We'll get out of everyone's way now." Riki said with a confident smirk as they started walked to their pod so they can get back to the ship. As the two arrived at the pod Riki looked at his younger lover, "So... are we going to sh-" Riki was blushing as he was interrupted by Kud grabbing his arm. "You did well today Riki... " She smiled brightly towards him, Riki ruffled her hair as the two stepped into the pod.

In a few seconds the two pods got lifted back up to the ship. The pod bay was a branch next to the hanger, the spartan fell out of his pod and the couple had to help him to the Medical bay.

Shadow

Shadow was baffled by what just happened but happy. He got to kill more things.

He just shot at anything that moved and slowly made his way over to David and asked "what's going on?"

David

David bluntly answered "My girlfriend is trying to kill me. Shoot my Girlfriend."
It was clear he didn't care anymore, the first step to being as much as psycho as Shadow himself.

Diablo1099:

David

It was clear he didn't care anymore, the first step to being as much as psycho as Shadow himself.

Thats just not possible

Shadow

"If you say!" Shadow said with a cheery voice as he leaned out of cover for a second and began firing at his girlfriend and everyone around her.

"YOU ARE A TERRIBLE GIRLFRIEND!" he shouted laughing afterwards.

Time: Afternoon (Can we get a proper time table!? XC)

Midas
Location: Tower of the Magi | Althia | Principle Wood Elf Lands
Time: 1137 A.D.

Kyre stood in shadows, swirling emptiness swept her feelings away into that which is forever dark. Demons of the void feasted on her happiness, and the angels that resided high above relished in her misery. God himself had devoured her hate, and there was no pity to be had for the girl.

But one man, a balding man with no good eyes, cloaked in golden-black armor and wielding a great green sword shaped akin to that of a fairy's wing. Balwen, the Hundred's Year king, and Varren, the tiny dragon sat across from her. Home in chaos.

"It was a cruel joke," he said. That voice in which he spoke carried age, wisdom, as well as an abstract sternness that commanded both respect, honor, and at times awe, "that I do not deny." He placed both hands on Dreamslayer and shifted his sitting position so that he was more comfortable. Varren slid dwon from his balding head and onto his golden armor.

"But throwing yourself into oblivion is no way to deal with your emotions."

Kyre answered, but she answered with great disrespect and contempt, "you speak of naughts old fool."

Balwen sat up and shifted around again before speaking, his old hands pruned with age still held steady even in the turmoil of a young girl's heart. "You are a friend of a friend, Lady Cwanuld. I am but here to help you."

"Lady Cwanuld was my mother."

"And now Lady Cwanuld is you," Balwen replied immediately, "your mother has long passed from this world, and you are the heir to all of Prybat. As termed in your people's customs." He leaned back and smiled, "Should you be so brash as to remove that title from yourself and pas it onto your elder brother, than that is your choice. But I still deem you as a Lady by the power of the Kingdom of Candor."

The kindness in the old king's blind eyes was not fake nor forced, and his smile brought genuine radiance to the darkness that Kyre did inhabit. However, the Anti-Mage's eyes could no longer perceive, they had been blinded and eaten away by hate and despair. In that respect, Kyre was silent.

King Balwen continued, "It is fine if you do not wish to speak with a human such as me. That I understand. My son has enslaved your people and ruined what little chance you had for happiness."

"He di-"

"Ah, ah, ah," Balwen interrupted her while stroking Varren's slender scaly neck, "do not jump toward terrible conclusions Lady Cwanuld. Did you not find great mirth and warmth as Emerald? Even my old ears have heard of the songs and praises sung of the heroes of Eden. You were seen smiling, and without your mask. That," the old king smiled and stood up, walking over to Kyre and setting his large hands upon her bare shoulders, "could not have been, if not for your suffering. Nothing in this world is completely bad or completely good, Kyre, Miracle and Calamity are two sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without invoking the other."

"You tell me this to further anguish me? To remind me of what once was?"

Balwen shook his head for none but Varren to see, and he fell to a knee to look into Kyre's dull emerald eyes,"Nay, I tell you these things because I want you to see what's in front of you. Do that for me, won't you? My friend?"

When Kyre came back into consciousness, Kurumu's voice drifted in and out of her earshot. The world seem to swim underfoot, and her head ached as if she had just taken a hammer to her temples. But then she opened her eyes, which though now able to see, still were stained with blood and cold hate.

What was this... a wooden doll. A little Kurumu that hovered before her. This was the girl that she had seen so long ago in her own mind? This was the girl that freed her from the bondage imposed upon her by her brother? She kept her promise to the old king, but still, even back within this reality, she could not find it in her heart to forgive Kurumu.

And so without a word, she closed her eyes again and waved the small Succubus away, "You who have caused me pain, leave my presence."

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Puce

Imagine if you will, a barage of multimegaton nuclear missiles inbound, enough to blot out the sun as they streaked in towards the United States Capital. Further imagine the dread that was felt as the group on the ground as well as those in the Airship realized that there were too many Missiles to destroy in such a short amount of time. That wouldn't have stopped the members of the Rising Dawn from attempting to destroy the missiles as they closed in towards their designated targets.

"Gabs! Let's go!" Aftan called out as she poofed in an implosion of air.

"Gotcha!!" The Black Knight repliedas she disappeared into the Shadows.

"Puce! Little help?" Kurumu called out as Puce summoned a larger and faster body for her made of bits of scrap laying around. Seconds later both sisters launched themselves in the air intent on stopping the missiles.

Overhead, the Airship drones surged forward towards the incoming missiles as Mark sent them on their way.

Silence clung to the group like a gag for a moment as they watched and awaited their fate.

The first of the explosions signified that the group had made it and were working on destroying the missiles before they impacted. More and more explosions, as if some fireworks display were going off over the skies of D.C.

And then they saw it... A missile that had broken through the screen and was making its way towards the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

"Everyone take cover!!" Puce called out, knowing that it sounded rather stupid since there wasn't an ounce of cover around them that could withstand a nuclear blast.

Imagjne if you will... the feeling you would get when a deadly multimegaton nuclear missile impacted on the reflecting pool and didn't explode, followed by a second and a third.

"Attention all members of the Risinf Dawn. Missiles have been disarmed by the secondary team. Condition green." Mark's voice reported over the radio.

No shit Mark... Anyone with a half a brain would have noticed that they were still alive.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Tajuh | Ton Ton vs. Charlie | Elena + A Hurtload of Das Feenreich

The members of Das Feenreich weren't pushovers when it came to scrapping and brawling. The minotaur, Beh'si, was the tank of the group. Slow and lumbering, he drew the attention on the field. He was supported by Brahms, a Dwarf and a cleric by the way he kept Beh'si healed. On the offensive side, you had the Dark Elf twins, Aayala and Aakana. Aayala was known in some circles as a blade dancer. The blades of her two swords creating a rhythmic song in the air as she danced. Her sister on the other hand was a fire mage, hurling magics at her enemies as Aayala danced. Magda, the gorgon was an archer, like her great great great grand mother, the legendary Medusa and like her mother, she could turn her enemies to stone with a single glance.

Charlie... Still continued to hesistate to fight those he once considered to be his comrades in arms. His mind churning over how it was the Elena could miss speak so much, especially when they relied upon her as a spy.

"Charlie! Fight them or I will report you! Fight these threats to the world!" Elena ordered as she lunged towards the exposed David, her hand out stretched to rip open David's chest and let his insides spill all over the ground.

And then the explosions over D.C. happened, causing all to pause as they watched the members of Rising Dawn knock the missiles from the sky.

"Don't stop! Fight these fools! Kill them!" The Russian woman ordered loudly causing the bone dragon to finally make his move.

"No! Stop... All of you STOP!" The Bone dragon ordered as he grabbed Elena's leg in mid flight and threw her against a tree

"YOU ARE NOT ELENA! YOU ARE NOT DOOR! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!?"

D.C. Battle Grounds - Teri's Mindscape
Lucifer | Teri | Shadow!Teri

The Fallen one paused as he listened to the Fishy Shadow version of the Dear Cleric and allowed it to finished before giving it a warning.

"That's enough you... Stop now or I'll forget why she keeps you around." The devil said as he looked at Teri.

"I... Ummmm... This isn't easy for me, either, kiddo. You've literally turned my life upsidedown and I... i don't care. I like it."

David

As the battle went on, David was having a hard time adapting to each of the Members of Das Feenreich, He knew little of their kind, partially due to lack of experience fighting such...Things.
Still, he did his best, firing more Freeze rounds at the Minotaur in a attempt to demobilize it.
It was around then that Elena went for the kill, only to be stopped by Charlie mid-pounce.
This came as a total surprise to him, She told him before of how close the two of them were.
However, it didn't stop the rest of the group.

Rugal

As Elena was driven into a tree, Rugal was just about to enter the battle when he saw the display.
As he watched the Russian fly, he then noticed more Dud Missiles incoming.
"...I thought he only fired one?..." he said to himself before shrugging it off and engaging the so called "Blade Dancer", using his Slashing Aura and superior skill to block and parry until an opening was made.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Kurumu | Kyre | Melethia | Puce

Devon was clearly pretty relievedas the missiles weren't activated, then he remembered Melethia's innate curiosity and went over to the girl that was trying to get into one of the fallen missiles for salvage. "Melethia, stay away from that! Anything that's nuclear will mess with your body for years to come. It's hard to explain in greater detail right now, but it's something that Magic probably can't heal all too well at all, and I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

The girl turned around and looked at the man curiously. "Really? Mister Bard, I don't see why that would happen..." Melethia calmly walked closer to the man as the missiles began to thin out.

Devon motioned for the six imps to block off the missile that Melethia'd been working on as he kneeled down to look her in the eye. "They weren't all too prevalent when and where you came from, but these weapons are ones that aren't to be taken lightly. Research is still being done to see the effects, but the aftereffects of the power source in another area after people lost control of it still has lasting effects on anyone that enter the area, and if you were exposed to the material, you'd die if you were near it for more than a few minutes. Now, I know that you don't know me all too well, but I'm just looking out for you and your mom here."

Melethia began wrapping her head around the basic information then realized that Wheathair and Slindis were still out there in this situation. "We've gotta find Wheathair and my mom before either of them open one up!"

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Tajuh | Ton Ton vs. Charlie | Elena + A Hurtload of Das Feenreich

Tajuh immediately moved to provide David some cover as he sized up the group. The minotaur would be a threat here, but the dwarf supporting it was what drew the majority of his focus. "David, keep your distance and try to slow them down! If you've got ways to assault their wills, do so. It'll be one of their openings!" Until the Dragon could try to talk down the Russian teleporter or prove that negotiations were useless, he didn't want to completely ruin the talks by attacking Elena's allies too harshly.

On the way, Slindis saw the growing melee forming and quickly eyed up each group before moving to reinforce Rugal against the Drow there. Lupito, pick your target where you can. Neutralize magic users first! She let out a burst of magic again, providing the protective barriers around the group again.

Turn expended for Mass Shield of Faith again on Rugal, Lupito, and Slindis for 12 minutes.

Turns left: 9

The Large wolf immediately started eyeing up the Flame Dancer and the Cleric, both of them worthy targets.

" You've literally turned my life upsidedown and I... i don't care. I like it."

The Cleric looked away, to where those eyes couldn't hold her to the ground, and shook her head, "But... you know we can't! Even if- even if-"

The Shadow slithered out of the pool, legs forming as it wandered over to the pair. The unmarred part of it's smile extended, as it walked behind Lucifer, and pulled him into an embrace from behind; their heights being VERY much out of place between the two. Poking her head from behind the Dark Prince, the Shadow's twisted grin expanded, "Even if you two share the same feelings, God says no? Is that what you were going to say?"

The Cleric took a shaky step back, clearly repulsed by her copy's forwardness towards the Devil, a polar opposite to her own ways of expressing affection.

"Stop that. You've no right to put your hands on anyone!"

The Shadow's grin deepened further at this, "Jealous? Mad that I can so easily touch something that you want AND know to be profane in every way you can think of? You wish you could be in my place right now, don't you? Or better yet..."

The creature's hands slipped away, and instead traveled to white feathers, gently caressing the downy texture, "These are your favorites, right?"

The Cleric was stuck in her place, unable to look away, but agonized by every second of her Shadow's display. The rain bore down harder, and intermingled with the tears running down her face.

As the group that left to destroy the missiles returned, Aftan chimed in with the explanation on what the radiation would do to an elf Melethia's size.

"The materials within the core of the nuclear missile have the ability to damage your body at the cellular level. Meaning it damages you at the smallest levels of your body and can alter your genetic structure. Prolonged exposure to radiation can cause burns, lesions, mutations, blindness, hair loss and eventually death. If you are going to handle the materials, you need a safety suit designed to protect you from the Plutonium and Uranium core." The White Knight stated as she sat down to rest, the effort of having dispatched so many missiles causing her some bit of exhaustion, not to mention the events of the last few days.

"But what about the imps. Won't it hurt them as well?" Gabrielle asked as she returned, exiting the Shadow Realm from a spot of shade under a tree."[/color]

"The Fire Imps are made of fire. They don't have flesh and bones to mess around with. However if they get too close or absorb any of the radiation that's coming from the nuclear missile wreckage, they'll become radioactive themselves. Which could be a good thing in battle... a bad thing if they can't control it and hang around us too long." Ella said as she landed next to Devon.

"Hey there... miss me?" The Half Succubus asked with a smile.

------

Kurumu and Puce weren't involved in the nuclear discussion however. They were instead embroiled over Kyre and her changed attitude towards the trapped Succubus.

"Kyre... I... I didn't mean for this to happen." The Wooden Succubus doll said as she hovered in front of the Anti-Mage, clearly hurt by the words that were spoken before she left to tend to the missiles.

Puce took a step forward, anger marring his face as he spoke.

"After all she's done for you... all she's put on the line for you... you're willing to push her out like this? Fine... if that's the case, I don't think that shows you as a person worth her time." The Energy Conduit said caustically.

"PUCE!" Kurumu scolded him and looked to back towards the Young Kyre.

"Kyre. I understand my promise to you. But there are sometimes, fate shows us that some promises can't be kept no matter what. As long as I'm still alive... I'll always have room for you in my heart, okay?" She said as she turned away, taking Puce with her and leaving the Anti-Mage alone.

It seemed that Rugal was about to score the first kill when his Slashing Aura hit some sort of barrier, causing the Blade Dancer to smirk to him as she continued to dance, her blades whirling about her. The smirk was reflected in that of her twin sister, the Mage, as the barrier's secondary magic took effect. Both smirks however didn't last long as Rugal's attack broke through the barrier and impacted on the blade dancer on the other side, sending her flying backwards, a brunt of the Cartel Leader's attack having been absorbed by the barrier.

Surprisingly, as the blade dancer went flying so too did the twin. That was rather amusing... a two for one attack. Amusements have a way of fading fast however as the damage Rugal had done to the barrier was reflected back upon him, sending him flying as well.

------

To her credit, Elena took the impact upon the tree rather well as it only took her a moment to recover from the power throw that the Bone Dragon had delivered upon her and as she quickly picked herself up, she saw Lupito moving to charge Brahms the Dwarven Cleric. Smiling, she ripped open a portal in front of the pouncing cat and opened another one next to Slindis, hoping that the Dire Wolf's attack would be redirected upon its master.

However, her true focus was upon her former partner and her former lover.

"You DARE to attack me? Have we not spilled blood together? Have we not lost loved ones together? Have we not saved each other? And yet... here you are... siding with these terrorists, Charlie. Does our time spent together mean so little that you would side with my former lover? If there is anyone that you should be angry about for taking me away from you... it should be him." Elena yelled as she aired out their dirty laundry.

"SILENCE... I do not know what is wrong with you or what had gotten into your head but YOU are not her and haven't been since you came back to us from South America!" The Bone Dragon retorted as he took aim with his antique M-16 and opened fire on the opener, causing her to open up yet another portal to redirect the hailstorm of incoming bullets.

"And DAVID. Why don't you just accept your fate. You're doomed. I never thought of you as anything other than a boy toy. You're not worth my time and it's time for you to know that I was just with you because I thought I owed you a favor. But there are some things a girl just can't stomach. Your self-pity for one." Elena said cruelly as she pulled her .45 and fired at David.

------

Even as Elena's bullets sped towards David, another threat headed his was as well. Beh'si the Minotaur gotten close enough to David. Lifting one of his legs high into the air, the bullheaded warrior stomped down upon the ground, causing the earth to rumble and shake and knocking David off balance.

"Move it DAVID!" Ha Long called out as he tackled them man, causing the bullets as well as Beh'si's ax strike to miss.

"She is not herself... what happened to her?" Ha Long asked aloud, hoping that someone could shed some light onto why his former partner was acting the way she was.

Lucifer's body froze as Shadow!Teri touched him. Not in the literal sense but rather his whole body tensed as it enjoyed the sensations that the doppelganger was imparting upon him, so much that he could not even hide the smile that grew on his face nor could he suppress the moan of pleasure that escaped from between his lips. He could however, still use his words... sort of.

"S...S...stop. You... you have... you have no right to touch me like this... I... I'll kill you for causing her... to see this." The Fallen One said as he tried to regain control of his body, as it turned into Shadow!Teri's embrace.

"Teri... s...stop her... I... only... I only want... you." He said as his wings enfolded the our Dear Little Cleric's shadowy double. From underneath the wings, Teri could see the Shadow's eyes and winning grin, even as Lucifer tried to struggle against the Double's control. He could have struggled all day however and it wouldn't have made a world of difference. Here, in Teri's mind... she was the ultimate power ... and so was Shadow!Teri.

"Boss... please help me... grant me the strength to break free..."

Teri rolls a 22 Will save to break out of the sad little state she's in and get on with solving her problems! It's good! Hell, it's so good, she has some semblance of control over her mindscape!

Teri would have gaped onward in horror and shame as her Shadow continued to fling herself at the Dark Angel; but found herself being forced out of her state of shock when she heard Lucifer's desperate request for aid. As hard as it was to deal with the sight before her, Teri knew that if the Shadow was not dealt with, the consequences for the both of them would be dire if she did not end this now.

Blinking back her tears in the torrential rain, Teri only pointed a single finger at her shadow, and a single word was uttered; "Stop."

The Shadow shuddered under the command, and did as she was told, going rigid as the Cleric's word rang throughout the Mindscape. Lucifer, through his hazy vision, could see the fury, the sorrow and the shame on her face as she pointed at the pool and called out, "Go. Don't touch him any longer. He is not yours to play with."

The Shadow let out a saddened whimper, and let go of the Fallen One, it's features turning back into the black goldfish it was before, "Aw... I didn't even get to the fun parts yet..."

After falling to the ground in it's sealed form, Teri slowly advanced, grabbed the goldfish and tossed it back in the pool where it belonged. When all was said and done, the rain continued, and the Cleric did not look upon the Angel that her Shadow had groped.

Her back turned, and her shoulders shaking, she cried, "I understand if you wish to leave now and never come back. I would."

"I understand if you wish to leave now and never come back. I would."

Did you really think that you could get rid of the Devil so easily? Did you? Well... you can't. If Teri was expecting to hear the ice door open and slam shut as the Fallen One let himself out, she would be sorely disappointed. Instead, she heard-

*THWUMP*

and suddenly all was dark. Dark but warm and comforting and soft, as if someone had wrapped herself in a fuzzy down overcoat that covered her face. Except... there was something else within the blanketing softness with her. Arms? Two strong arms... that encircled her and turned her around... and a hand... a hand that wiped away the streaking tears that fell down the Cleric's face.

"Well... it's a good thing that I'm not you then isn't it." The Devil's deep voice came from above her as she realized that she had been enfolded into his wings... his... soft... billowing... white... wings.

"There's always a reason for everything, kiddo. And there's a very definite reason that I haven't left you alone yet." The Beast of the Pits said as he opened up his wings a bit so that he could peer down at the Cleric who was long in the white out of Angel Feathers.

"I guess you could say that I feel the same way as you do. No... no guesses. I do. I do feel the same way you do."

Releasing her from his grasp, he looked at the Cleric and wondered to himself if he had done the right thing in holding her the way he did. Did she need to be alone. Did he screw things up once again. He needed a sign... some sort of sign.

"[i]Come on, Teri. Don't leave me hangin' here." The Prince of Darkness thought to himself and once again sent a prayer to his Boss.

D.C. Battle Grounds - Dimitri's Home
A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

They were once again back in Dimitri's home, warmed by the digital fireplace, its shelves lined with the tome upon tome of knowledge that Dimitri was tasked with protecting. Vermilion couldn't help but smile as she felt rather relaxed where she was standing as the home was much more homelike than the vast digital hallways of the Airship's network.

"It is good to be back here." She said as she spotted the guardians that guarded Teri's knowledge and nodded towards them, acknowledging their presence and their work.

"Perhaps when there are a few quiet moments, we could have Mistress Teri redesign the Airship's network for Master Mark. It is quite ... sparse there." The A.I. said as she settled into the love seat that Dimitri had installed having gotten the code from A.I. Vermilion back in the Airship's Network.

"You... almost sacrificed yourself for your Mistress' happiness today. Do you believe that it would have been worth it? I have been wondering if a copy of you would be the same as you or... would it be different?"

Oh, Lord of the Dark Pit, if only you knew how that little spiel of yours tore her into two. Hmn, perhaps the increasing rain was any indication, as well as the Cleric's increasingly shaking shoulders?

She leaned her head against the Fallen One's clothing, the tears still flowing as she choked out, "I can't. I can't feel this way about you. God- God would never..."

Her sobs overtook her voice as her fists balled and gathered some of the cloth that made up the first layer of Lucifer's mantel; a white and gold tunic that felt like silk in her hands. Crying bitterly into the already wet cloth, The Morning Star realized what was the main reason the Cleric felt the reason to hide her true feelings from him. It was why she had ran from him when he revealed himself to her and her ilk. She, like many other Christians, had the fear of God within her; and to have the sort of emotional attachment to the Devil that she had, it was only fair to assume a large amount of confusion and self-flagellation (whether it was mental or physical) was bound to be involved.

A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

"You... almost sacrificed yourself for your Mistress' happiness today. Do you believe that it would have been worth it? I have been wondering if a copy of you would be the same as you or... would it be different?"

Dimitri frowned, but spoke, "Her Ladyship's well-being is a primary factor of my programming, Ms. Vermilion. The human I was willing to save is different from you or I. Humans are unable to reboot themselves as we do upon 'death'. Thus, it was my understanding that my sacrifice, if one was called for, would be of lesser consequence, especially with what I had given Rugal Bernstein moments ago...

The file given to Rugal Bernstein was a memory pack. It would have enabled my rebooted self to retain all the memories that I had experienced up to the point before entering the White House's security systems. That is to say, I did not want to forget... Well..."

Dimitri turned a little red at this point, to which Vermilion had an understanding of what he was speaking of. They were his cherished memories with the scarlet AI; and that answered her second question regarding reboots. Following Dimitri's logic, it was safe to assume that the Butler believed that, so long as the memories were retained upon reboot, the AI would remain the same. However, such a theory could not be tested unless one of them fell into such a state... Something Vermilion was not ready to test.

Time:Afternoon

Kyre

Alone again. Buried in her own pity and sorrow. Had it been any other creature, be it beautiful or hideous, it would have been more amiable than the likes of Kyre Cwanuld. She longed for home with such an aching heart, she wished to warm herself with her friends.

Even to see the kind loving face of the Wandering King. Anyone would be a comfort to her now. Anyone that she had not just lost at least.

"Have you learned your lesson yet?"

Eden had spoken. And Kyre nodded her head, the crushing loneliness of being trapped in another world was overmuch for her to bear for such periods of time.

"Are you ready to return home?"

Kyre nodded, and tearfully mumbled through her lips, "More than anything in the world."

"Then now I will grant you your one wish."

"Please, return me to where I had once arrived. Return me to my friends," Kyre dropped to her knees and looked skyward at the bleak, bleary day, "and leave me from this awful world, filled with awful people."

"As now you have willed it, it shall be. My child. Surrender your black heart, your newfound magicks and form. And return at once to me."

And so Kyre Cwanuld fell into eternal silence and sleep. She sat there kneeling, and would stay there kneeling, until circumstance made it no longer possible.

---

Midas
Time: Reconstruction

Kyre's eyes opened, and she saw the inside of her mask. That white porcelain face that held an inscription over the right eye. The mask she had thought gone. The sky above her was blue, and the clouds a blinding white. The grass was soft and wet beneath her, and the sweetness of nectar filled the air.

This was not the Midas she had left, but those people who lay to her side. The white haired twins from the Azure sea. The Changeling Ranger from the deep south. The Princess of the decaying city, the archmage clothed in ice. The Giant dwarf in golden armor, and standing over her, with kindly old eyes, hand outstretched was King Balwen and Varren.

He was smiling so warmly and knowingly when he pulled Kyre up from her prone position and embraced her. His blind eyes seemed to see more than anything anyone could have, and those old bones felt stronger than steel. Perhaps a soul as old as his had time enough to become something even more eloquent than humanity. "Welcome home, my child."

Kyre Cwanuld has now left the Avatar Adventure

D.C. Battle Grounds - Airship Rising Dawn
Mark

There was a beep from one of the sensor boards as the life signs of a member of the Rising Dawn crew suddenly vanished into thin air. Kyre Cwanuld was gone. From his chair at the Bridge, Mark ordered inner A.I. Vermilion to run a diagnostic on the sensor array, knowing that it would most likely come back as clean.

Sensor Array Diagnostic: No issues found

"Dammit... Sav!" The Dramatist muttered as he checked the boards for an update on Kyre's condition.

Kyre Cwanuld has now left the Avatar Adventure

The words... they were expected... but... what wasn't expected was the emptiness that Mark felt regarding the absence of Kyre from the Cast of Avatar Adventures. True Kyre was an amazing pain at times but he had spent about an arc's time span keeping track of the Anti-Mage and had even dealt with her on a personal level. So to see her gone... well... it was like seeing an old friend leave for a better life.

"Sav... you better make sure you take care of her... lest I go back and beat the crap outta you. I don't care if Klaara beats the crap outta me afterwards..." The (Un)Real World transplant muttered as he went back to his job.

"I know... I know... I talked her about this." The Fallen One responded as he continued to hold onto the trembling young woman in his arms, feeling her body wracked in the spasms of tears, he could well imagine what she was going through. Perhaps this was too much for her... perhaps he was being selfish by impressing his feelings upon her and having her face her own trepidation. Perhaps now wasn't the time... perhaps he should have left the topic unspoken for eternity.

Well... Luci. Perhaps it's too late for all that. That cards have been dealt... Le Jeux Sont Faites... no more bets.

"She said we're in for struggles... and hardships... but she never said no this cannot happen." The Morning Star said as he lifted Teri's face up by the chin and looked into her eyes, showing her that he was indeed speaking the truth. Sure the Boss wasn't giving her blessing in the matter but she didn't forbid it.

"Little help here boss? I could use the help... maybe a sign telling her that this is okay?" The Devil prayed though no signs came. No burning bush but at the same time... no pillars of salt.

"Please, Teri. Just let go of the fear that you're feeling. Just let it go..."

A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

Vermilion smiled for a moment as she too blushed from the memory of time spent with Dimitri. It seemed that the two were glad that neither had to test this topic yet and though they were programmed to be naturally curious, they were just fine with not knowing.

"I am glad to have met you Dimitri. Never did I believe such a thing possible as finding an A.I. that could compliment my programming as well as yours does." The Vermilion A.I. stated was a goofy smile on her face as she removed the cloak to sit down very close to Dimitri, the Butler.

"You may not want to forget what has already happened... but can you look forward for what is yet to come?" The A.I. said as she leaned her head upon his shoulders, a sensation of contentment coursing over her body and allowing it to relax. It was an addictive sensation, one that she would look forward to as long as She and Dimitri existed.

"Please, Teri. Just let go of the fear that you're feeling. Just let it go..."

There was a lengthy moment of silence between the two; and then the Cleric came to her decision. Small hands shakily grasping the large one on her face, and she stammered, "Pray with me."

The Devil looked at her in confusion, but followed through with the action, bowing his head with the girl as she began a wavering exhortation to God:

"Oh Father in Heaven, I have found myself in a dilemma; and I fear that an action I will soon take will cause you to become angry or to become displeased with me. As You see and know all, I do not feel the need to express what this action will be. But, I humbly ask for Your grace and forgiveness, should this decision be the one that makes You unhappy. After all, I am still learning on this path known as life, and I do what I can to make sure I do what pleases You and aids in making this confusing world any degree of better than it was before.

In Your name I pray, Lord. Amen."

The rain began to soften after this, reducing to a soft covering instead of the oppressive downpour it was moments ago, and the Cleric, tears still on her eyelashes when she said, "I have done all I can do now. The rest is up to God now..."

A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

Dimitri sighed happily as he was able to spend another private moment with Vermilion, and busied a gloved hand by entrapping one of Vermilion's in it; fingers interlocking like a vice. This life he was granted by his Lady; this ability to process and learn what he had now, Dimitri couldn't help but be overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude and joy to his Creator. Even if she was as flawed as he was, it was still through her that this moment was even possible. To be alongside his companion as he was now filled the AI with an indescribable joy; and the realization that a question had not been answered.... Squeezing Vermilion's hand, he only whispered, "No, I do not want to forget any of our moments together, Ms. Vermilion, but that does not mean I cannot look forward to more time like this. Each and every time we have in this way is a treasure to me. Never doubt that."

"Amen"

It was just a word right? But a word that he had not spoken in so ... so long. A word that felt familiar to him and yet at the same time a foreign as another language. His mouth seemed very eager to say it and as it did, he felt... warmth? Contentment? He couldn't place the feeling for it had been so long since he had felt anything like it but still it was a feeling that his body reacted, like a child hugging it's mother after being away for so long.

So... there you had it... a Cleric that was praying for guidance and a Devil that was ... weeping. The Morning Star turned to the Cleric and nodded, it was in her (The Boss's) hands now. Hands that Teri had learning to bond with while Lucifer... was getting reacquainted with.

"Thank you." He whispered, his voice barely audible over the drops of rain that seemed to chime as they impacted on the pool in Teri's Mind.

Indeed the rest was up to her and while there would be trials that would place them at odds with the world and perhaps each other at times, let's not interrupt these two with those details.

Taking Teri's hand into his, the Morning Star couldn't help but smile as he saw the smallness of her hands in his large hands.

"Kiddo. I think we're going to have to do something about this when we go outside." The Arch-Daemon/Archangel said with a wry smile on his face, knowing that while gaining the Boss's trust was going to be easy, gaining the acceptance of the Rising Dawn members was going to be far far more difficult.

A.I. Vermilion | Dimitri

The Vermilion A.I. nodded as Dimitri spoke, clinging onto each and every letter of each and every syllable of each and ever word that was let loose by the Butler's mouth. In that moment, she felt and overwhelming connection to him, one that didn't require the protocol that Master Mark had included in her source code. No... this... this was something more than a physical bond, or a bonding of their source code. Whatever it this undefined sensation was, Vermilion's body basked in its warmth like a flower in the sun.

"I have never and will never doubt what you say, Dimitri." She said through the smile that graced her face, the glow of the fire dancing on the soft features of her face. Reaching up behind her head, she untied the single ribbon that kept her hair bound into a single pony tail. Like the rest of her clothing the ribbon was an iridescent red color that seemed to glow on its own.

"And just to ensure that you never forget these moment. I want to give this to you." The A.I. said as she tied the ribbon around Dimitri's wrist and hid it under the sleeve of his uniform, smiling as she did before she leaned in.. for... just ... one more... kiss.

Rugal

Despite his heavyweight attacks, Rugal was caught off guard by the Twin's Barrier and was sent rolling back as a result into the mud.
...I. Hate. Magic. He thought as he picked himself up, what was left of his suit was ruined.
And he didn't like that.
"...Why does no one take into account the fact that I ONLY SO FUCKING MANY OF THESE SUITS!?!" He shouted as he waded back into the fight.
Brahms attempted to take a swing at him with his weapon, but given Rugal's size already before his size was brought in, It was a uphill battle.
Because of this, Instead of properly attacking, he simply kicked him the chest like he would a football and followed it up with a needlessly brutal Curb Stomp, shattering his jaw and knocking him out.
His next target was the one in the mask with the Bow and Arrow.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia's eyes opened wide as she gasped at the further explanation. "Why would ya use somethin' like that on people? Even those kinslayers don't deserve that kinda death. I mean, if you wanna kill someone, ya gotta make sure it hits who ya want it to an' no one else. Now, I'm gonna make sure that my mom isn't doin' anythin' to the cases. See ya!"

The young girl ran off past Kurumu and Puce and the Bard turned to Aftan and Ella.

"I hate to ask, but do you two mind heading along with me to help keep an eye on Melethia? It'd feel wrong if something happened to her because we let her run off alone. And little guys, I'd hold off on touching the bombs in that case unless you can directly warp them in the Atlantic ocean. I don't want that messing with you too bad or anything, after all. An I do appreciate you keeping an eye on the one Melethia was about to mess with."

Now, if Ella had been paying much attention, it might be odd for Devon to be so concerned about the young elf. There was a teammate's concern, but this was more of a family bond that he showed.

Tajuh took another look at Elena, still feeling that gut feeling of something here being a bit off as he called out to David. "David, would the Elena you knew act like this at all? Try something to bring back the good memories, and maybe she'll see sense! The two of you may have had arguments, but the two of you still love each other."

After the bull charge, he lifted his still-tingling left hand to the bull and laughed. "Really? You'd try to kill two of your teammates to get at someone when you've still got someone else to worry about?"

------

The teleported wolf grazed the paladin as she contorted to avoid most of the blow, but the force behind the attack gave the claws enoughstrength to give cuts that were not shallow. Ack! Don't worry about me, Lupito. If we want another chance to thin the numbers, we've got to thin their numbers. Which would you say the weakest links are?

The ones in the back, but something's off about the one that's pinned. If she's the pack leader, than the whole group may be deceived. I'd say take out the archer centaurs. We can flank them just right to get them out of the fight without killing them, I think.

The paladin nodded at the communication as she strafed around with her wolf, working with him to get the opening to neutralize some of them. Seeing Caim and Angelus, she decided to motion to them to have them aid in the attack as well.

D.C. Battle Grounds - The Capitol Building

Youch! Brahms, or Napoleon as his friends like to call him, would definitely be feeling that in the morning but he'd be in no condition to complain since his jaw would be wired shut until he would be able to pray for its healing. With the Cleric out of the way, so were his healing spells which was a good thing for Rugal and crew... bad for Elena and company.

Rugal, intent on playing the role of Perseus, moved towards Magda as she let loose another arrow towards where Slindis was under cover, an arrow which wasn't exactly doing too much damage. You see, while Medusa was a great archer, Magda had never really gotten the knack of it. So when she was able to fire off an arrow, it was usually off target. There were other times where she would whack herself in the face with the bow itself as she drew the arrow back, not realizing that it's easier to push the bow forwards than pull the arrow backwards.

So when she noticed Rugal moving in on her, she panicked and fumbled for an arrow. Oh Mags... you're not really the brightest candle in the room are you?

*BIIIFFFFFF*

That would be the sound of Rugal's fist impacting on Magda's mask, sending the Gorgon and the mask flying into one of the two Wendigos.

"Mags... your ma--AUUUUUGH!!!!"

That was the sound of a Wendigo being turned to stone by Magda's rather unpleasant looking face... before the poor gorgon went night night.

K.O.!

"Idiots! Do I have to do everything?" Elena roared as she reloaded her pistol.

"David! Come on out! I won't make this too too hard on you, honey." The woman teased as she fired another few rounds towards where David had taken cover.

------

As Lupito moved to flank the Centaur archers, he found that he was not alone in the run.

"HAROOOOOOO!!!!"

That was the first warning the something wolf like was after him, though from the scent in the air it was not exactly a wolf nor was it human. It was in fact Loupe Garou. Like a werewolf, the Loupe Garou was a hybrid of Wolf and Man. However his power was not derived from a lycanthropic virus. Instead it was a man who had bonded with the spirit of brother wolf.

That was what was giving chase to Lupito.

David

Between all that was happening, the fact the was tackled by a Dragon after a Minotaur charged at him while one of the worse criminals in the world today fought a fucking Gorgon on top of the entire city being nuked but it wasn't right after bathing the blood of the entirety of the leaders of the world after learning that Elena had dumped him after fightintangelsinahurricanafterdefeatinganighindestuctablemecha-

*Snap*

Charlie looked at David before he gave out a mad scream and headbutted him in the face.
Right after, he grabbed his M14 Rifle and kicked Charlie off him, taking his weapon in the process.
What happened next spoke for itself. (Listen for effect)

Near instantaneously, David rose from the ground, still coated the blood from earlier, Dual Wielding his M500 and the M14 and unloaded both into the enemy.
The Minotaur was the first to go down, taking 2 hits to the shoulder and his hind leg, Next was the Centaurs, each down with 1 shot to the midsection, where they fatal? Didn't know, cared less.
As Luptio was about to defend hims from Loupe Garuo, he took 3 to the spine before falling right in front of him.
After a bit of duck hunting with one of the Wendigos, Charlie saw one of the Drow Twins stand up after their skirmish with Rugal.
*Bang*
And fall right back down again.

It all took place in the space of a few seconds and before he could protest, he found the business end of his M500 right in his face.
"...I....have not....been having...A good day..." He said, twitching slightly as he said it.

"...Now...Listen closely...I am going to go home...pour myself a nice cup of tea with half a bottle of whiskey in it. You are not going to send some back-up squad, no enchanted assassin, Nothing. You so much as send me a postcard, I will find you and you know I will. But won't kill you, no....I'm going to break down, piece by piece, prop you up on a chair and make you watch as I kill Every. Single. One. of Das Feenreich right in front of you. King, Queen, Child, I don't care. Do you understand me?....Well, I don't care, HEHEH, I MIGHT JUST DO IT ANYWAY!"

He then tossed the empty M14 at him and said "The sight on that is off, everyone is still alive. Don't make me have to correct that..."

Then just like that, David walked off, no doubt to finish Elena.
But the only thing going though Charlie's mind was this: How the hell did he One-hand a M14?!

D.C. Battle Grounds - The Capitol Building

The Bone Dragon disguised as a human stood up and looked over at his team mates and looked at David's receding silhouette and shook his head as he picked up his M-16. It wasn't surprising that David had managed to fire the thing one handed, adrenaline and mental devolution could cause something like that. No... Charlie was surprised that the man had managed to go full auto on the rifle without it exploding in his hands. There was a reason that Charlie channeled his magic into it and it wasn't because it was what the cool kids were doing.

He could have gone after David and helped him see that there was something going on that he didn't know about. But well... he figured the lovers could figure it out themselves.

Anyhow, as David walked off, he noted Elena in the distance, waiting for him. Waiting with a wound to her shoulder and an arrow sticking out of it. He could have thanked Magda, if she wasn't already unconscious. Raising her pistol to gun down her former lover, she pulled the trigger.

*CLICK*

"Damn." She cursed as she tossed the pistol away and watched as Death came for her.

"Kiddo. I think we're going to have to do something about this when we go outside."

Teri tilted her head in confusion at that statement, but shrugged, assuming that it didn't mean anything too bad; not with the subjects they had just dealt with. The rain began to stop in her mind, and instead, bits of sub shown through the clouds above, growing more and more even as they left her mind.

---

D.C. Battle Grounds - Roof of the White House

Teri awoke slowly, and stretched as each part of her silently got the memo about what happened in her mind. Garm had a good idea to act as a bed/pillow combination, or else Teri probably would have been sore upon getting up.

"Ms. Teri! Finally, you're awake!"

The Cleric gave a tired nod to Jenny, silently laughing to herself. Oh, if only Jenny knew what had went on in there... Regardless, the next order of business was figuring out where everyone went off too...

Teri gave her questions, and found out that the others were still ground bound, and the Cleric gave a nod, "I should go see them. I'm the party Medic for a good reason... Sorry for worrying you like that."

Getting ready to climb on top of Garm, she asked Jenny, "Do you know where they all went?"

The Fight With Das Feenreich

Caim couldn't help but nod in approval when he saw David's berserker-like rage; and then saw Slindis' wave for aid. Wait, what the hell had he been doing this whole time, just standing around?

With a dark grin, Caim gripped his sword and charged at the werewolf with Red Fear (the steel cutter) ready. If that thing looked as it did, than this blade would be more than necessary to cut the thick muscles that beast had. Angelus, however, stood further away from Caim, fire ready to provide cover from any blind spots he might leave exposed.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 . . . 807 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here