The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 . . . 830 NEXT

C.C. | Lucieon | Miku | Nurse Peach | Sean

"Althia, you're a cruel God..." Lucieon turned his eyes away from C.C.'s back. He loathed to see scars on people, especially ones that told stories. Even more so he hated scars that were born out of servitude and slavery. He wanted to ask her about them, but his mind din't seem to want to linger on the subject. So instead he wondered again if she was a firekeeper. She was starting to show all the makings of one... an endless soul of humanity, fire sorcery, and now even the characteristic abuse of a firekeeper. The only incongruence was that she was very much alive and human.

Then something else came nagging at his thoughts, how was she able to peer into his mind like that. He had never heard of sorcery or magic or technology that let people into the mind's eye of another. Then her apparent amnesia came up. That concussion when the older boy had slammed her head into the bleacher. It couldn't have been that bad... perhaps she was like a sprite, and had merely adapted to Lucieon in an attempt to stave off her death at the hands of the Undead Merchant. If so, it could also explain the attraction he had toward her, and the strange coincidences that she bore to Az. He dissmissed the thought entirely after a short while. Thinking was bringing forth that cold slimy figure back into his mind, and it made him shudder slightly at the thought.

He would have to keep a vigil watch over this girl. Not only for his own emotional well-being but in case she posed a danger to the community at large. Someone who didn't know who they were was an anomaly, a danger that couldn't be factored in. He had to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. While lost in his thoughts, he had accidentally called out to C.C.

"See See" he said softly but firmly, "I think we should go to the Department of Records and see if your files say anything on you. It would be in poor taste of me to leave you in such a state of historical blankness."

Charity Case:
snip

Up to this point Kala had remained silent in focusing on the steps in the dance, but she now had a rather firm grasp on the pattern, so she was a bit more free to speak.

"Oh come now, must the three of you bicker like this?" she said in a rather serious tone

"Whether it is to your likings or not we might be stuck like this, and with each other, for quite some time. I find myself strangely patient like this, and while I'd be willing to throw myself into detention to uncover what's going on her, I can't say that I mind being younger." She said, almost seeming rather relaxed by the music and fluid motions, like some sort of weird yoga class.

"While it's pressing that we get out of this school at some point, wherever we go from there we'd still be stuck with each other... we might as well get along, no matter how grudgingly."

As they swished past again she spoke with direction more towards Aftan.

"Who says, also, that kindness cannot go a long way. A lack of it more often than not makes you cruel, not strong. If it were not for the kindness of my adoptive parents, I'd probably either be dead since the age of 9 months, or raised in cruelty under my devilish parents. Had it not been for that, you'd be my adversary, not my ally in this ever changing dance we call life."

she says, almost poetically.

"So I'll be short with you. Perhaps kindness isn't the path towards strengthening him, but fighting his allies, even if staged, may not be the best route either."

She says, speaking almost as if from experience in fighting those you care for.

"If you'd like, however, after some time I may be able to create a formidable creation for him to combat for training..." she says, hinting at making a foe of flesh and bone for him to train against, one that was actually geared to take some punishment, and possibly deal some. Certainly much tougher than the frail zombies from biology.

Shawn.
Time: Midday.

Blood, blood, bodies and more bodies littered the now present blood red ground.
A battle was waged and their was only one victor. Bullet casings were covering the ground as if they were a small blanket of snow. A lone figure stood in the middle of the graveyard, a sigh came out. "Those asshats got blood on my duster! He yelled and kicked a decapitated body in anger.

Sighing once more, but in serious thought. "Why must they die? Why do I kill them ... every single thing I kill has committed a evil act. Usually a very sinister act, killing, slavery, rape and such." Shawn said to himself, then he began his daily task ... he took his loot from the bodies, but left the bodies to the mutant nature. Bullets, weapons, clothing and supplies, he usually took everything to either sell, repair or use.

After his daily collection, The Lone Wanderer walked back to the overlook and pulled out his keys.
And his steed awaited him. It was a Vault Tec bike that runs on some of the random objects he finds. "Lets go buddy! He equips a bike helmet and accelerated onto the road.

A couple of minutes humming a tune on the radio, and the road was still clear.
Shawn avoided a couple of old world cars and trash, but spotted a walking body further on.
A couple of more seconds and the bike stood meters away from the person.
Shawn pulled out a combat shotgun from out of nowhere just as usual, even he had no idea where he stores all his caps, equipment and items. He often thought it was his Pip-boy and it discovered another dimension of storage space.

"Hold it right there stranger!" He yelled whilst pointing his gun. Slowly getting off the bike he walked up to the now still walking body. "Who are you and why are you all the way out here ... you don't look that old" He judged by the person's height. "Oh great, just a few seconds and I get held up." The person sighed, removing his hood.

"Found him" Shaun said inside his own head.
"Wait ... wait, WAIT! I don't want to steal anything, I'm just wondering if you are lost or need help?" Shawn smiled at Shaun, not knowing his brother and creator. "Actually yeah, I'm not from here and I'm searching for someone." He told Shawn a bit of truth. "Aw heck I can help you with that!" Shawn smiled once more that he has another quest.

"Who you looking for?" Shawn said walking back to his bike.
"A man named Shawn, goes by many titles, mostly 'The Lone Wonderer'."
Sensing danger (Which he did) Shawn jumped out and onto the dirt along the road, pointing his shotgun at him.
"I'm not a enemy."
"Who are you then!"
"I am you."

" ... what?" Asked Shawn's confusion. Sure he had met aliens, killed future soldiers, be-friended mutants, hunted mutated creatures, been bombarded by artillery and even negotiated with his own brain ... but meeting himself?
"Well ... that's new." He decided to give this stranger a chance.
"Don't worry, I'll make good use of this chance." He smiled, then Shawn noticed something ... familiar about him.

The two decided to make camp somewhere safe.
And nowhere with bloodshed was found.

"(I might have to bring him in the AA to make him believe all of this ... well he is the last member.)"

Diablo1099:
Time to play "Find the special reference!"

Shawn.
Time: The next day, early morning.

Two figures were walking a short distance.
Their destination was a town with a bomb in the center, another of Shawn's achievements. After a short time in the town he managed to defuse the bomb and kill the perpetrator as he escaped and tried to kill the Sheriff. With all of this he became the town hero and earned himself a place/home in the town.

In the upper-left location of the town was a rather large house, it was like a dystopian manor.
Once entering the building a robot greeted the two. "Greetings sir, it has been some time since you came back, and I see you bought a guest back." The robot said with delight at it's returning master. The inside of the manor was decorated as if it was a wanderer's dream house, scavenged objects littered the house. From old world weapons to experimental power armor. There was even a secret basement filled with all of Shawn's weapons, armor and everything important to him, heck he even had a balcony with a BBQ.

"Did anything happen while I was gone?" Shawn asked his robot as if it were human. "Nope, nothing happened at all, I even managed to clean the place ... three times. Did you lock your bike up at the garage over in Springvale?" The robot/Mr. Handy questioned. "Yep I did, all locked up!" Shawn gave a peace sign as he unequipped his weapons, and it was true how they came out of nowhere.

"You must of collected a whole lot of stuff." Shawn looked in amazement at everything this guy went though (Even though he played him). "Hmm, yes ... a lot has happened to me." He then noticed Shaun looking at a suit of armor with a rather large sword. "Crazy story with that, I was fighting this metal man called Legate Lanius, we were having a shit-tastic battle. At the start he was winning but when he was about to finish me some crazy bastard who I later met as David ... or "Diablo" West as I called him, he came out of nowhere and shanked the guy in the back ... fuckin' crazy, he helped me get back on my feet ... but the guy ended up getting his right eye slashed ... good guy, good guy. Basically in the end I made "Soul" run right through Mr. Metal." Shawn was talking about a few months back during the Second battle of Hoover Dam which he ultimately led the NCR army and won, and Shaun was happily listening.

After a few minutes of stories Shaun decided to tell him. "You need my help ... brother? He found it weird saying "Brother" to someone he never met before. "Hm yes I do, that world I was talking about can be covered in evil at most times and I'm gathering people who can combat this evil. Shaun said truthfully. " Stop right there, you already know I'm signed up for this adventure, but what will happen here?" Shawn asked. "Don't worry, just like Tomoya you will have another version of yourself here and once you come back you will combine with him so it'll be no problem." Shaun explained to him.

"Tomoya?" Shawn cocked his head like a confused puppy.
"Ugh, that will make sense later, hehe." Shaun lightly chuckled.
"What now?"
"Hold out your hand."
The two were gathered around a table in the living room.
Shaun pulled out a knife and Shawn got worried.

"What are you going to-"
Shaun had already cut his palm and grasped Shawn's palm.
"Don't worry, I won't hurt you."
"No I mean ... I didn't want you to get hur-GWA!" Shawn was worried about his brother until a non-painful shock flowed through him. Once more the ritual began and soon the last member will be connected to the Storm network.

Storm/Sean & Miku.
Time: ?

The two had already finished their romantic lunch, even though there was people in the same room.
Both Sean and Miku had kept quiet most of the time but fed each other their own bento box. After throwing them away in the trash Sean grasped Miku's hand and whispered in her ear, which increased her cheek temperature quite a bit. "I don't like this place, we should leave and try to find some weapons ... and I'm sure I bought my armor and weapons here in some form."

After the talk Sean unexpectedly picked the injured girl up and carried her out of the room in a knight and princess style, Sean also gave a nod to the other occupants in the room. "Let go." she whispered too, "Can't this is good cover for us leaving." He smiled gently at her which once more increased the blush, for Sean this was also a good situation to get closer to her.

After the two left the room they entered the school hallway, Sean placed Miku on the ground once more and the two talking slowly, hand-in-hand due to what happened last time in the hallway.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures

The Barrier: Gabrielle | Lupito (aka Loopy's Day Out)

Lupito took a small sniff of the imp as it ran and also noticed something he'd noticed around a few of those imps on the Rising Dawn... perfume. And lots of it, to him at least. If only he could talk to Slindis about this.

Dance Class: On the Way to Dance Class Aftan | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Sadei | Shadow | Teri | Ton Ton

Devon continued the dance with Ella, using some of the more complex moves to finish the limbering up for the ballet portion. Some of the guys in the room were remembering about this portion and groaned, with more than a few providing rather crude insults about ballet's sexuality.

They can think whatever they want, but ballet's one of the funner dancing styles. It's so fluid, and the technical aspects were pretty useful in helping me get the Wardance down.

------------------------------

On the next pass with her sister, Melethia decided to chat with Kalastryn. "Well, next time ya get the chance, why don't ya make up a few undead that I can actually practice against? Ya know, somethin' that can withstand more than a Cure Moderate Wounds."

"Hey lady, you mind telling us why you're dragging us with you?" Matt yelled at Kurumu as he tried to break free of her grip.

Rugal

As he waited for the front office to respond, the door to the library opened and a not so favored man walked in.
"~Everybody want to rule the-...World..." Bison the History teacher trailed off as he realized who he was talking to.
"Bison! How the hell did you get here?!" Rugal shouted, dropping everything as he braced himself to engage the Warlord.
"I could ask you the same "Coach". And here was I, minding my own business until...This happened..." He answered, fixing his hat as he examined the group, his eyes meeting Angelus's and Caim's.
"...My, My...I can see why Bruiser was always so..."Adamant" about you..." He smirked before looking at the Drow.
"And who is this? An Dark Elf?" He jabbed, Rugal looking like he was going to tear his spine out.

David

Overhearing Melethia's idea, David said "Hey, whatever gets me out of this class fastest. Just try not to set it up in a crowded area..."
It was then he remembered: Those Laughing Gas Elementals.
"...By the way, you guys don't have something that'd work like a gas mask or something, do ya?"

Jenny

After Kura found what she was after, Jenny wandered off and into the hallways, her mind tried from her long nap and not thinking straight.
Thanks to this, she ended up bumping right into Sean and Miku.
"Oh! Sorry, didn't see you there. Wow, Alpha, you looks so...Tall!" She mused, clearly still a tad bit bitter over her forced form change.

Viscus

As Dimitri pondered what Vermilion was saying, the Tablet received a incoming call not long after Viscus was mentioned.
He hesitated at first, not knowing what was going to happen if he answered.
Either way, after a long pause, he decided to open it.

Viscus:
"Salutations, Dimitri."

Before anything else could be done, the feed was hijacked and Viscus was in the tablet, Materializing in his Armored Form in-between the other AI's.
"I've been monitoring your transmissions and I believe that my superior Intelligence and Processing power will easily solve the problem that you inferior beings have. I will only part with the solution in exchange for something I require. Those are my terms."
All work and no play...

bluecrimson:
"Well, next time ya get the chance, why don't ya make up a few undead that I can actually practice against? Ya know, somethin' that can withstand more than a Cure Moderate Wounds."

Kala let out a lighthearted laugh to Mele, rather nonchalant about a little girl basically asking her to animate dead bodies. "I'll consider it, but for now, I don't recall exactly how strong I could make them in this form, I mean the janitor managed to withstand a necrotic touch attack... I held a lot of it back, but there's also considering she didn't react at all." she said, referring to the miracle teacher she determined must have either been undead, and therefore healed by the effect, or a non-living construct of some sort, who wouldn't be effected in either the direction of pain or healing.

"Although, for the detention matter... I just recalled something I managed to do before I was... well utterly embarrassed by the janitor pulling me back to class. I sent a few magic eyes around detention, they aren't visible, but they'll be able to see anything going on in there, so I won't require going there myself."

She said, relieved by that fact. This was one weird school. Super-powered students, evil scientist biology teachers, and training dummies that could probably kill a Shavarath general.

"Though, with even that considered, I'm not certain when I'll be available for practice with all these classes... I would skip... but I saw a very brief stint of what detention was like when I was almost there. It's definitely not appealing."

Dmitri's World (The Tablet): A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri grimaced at the idea of speaking with Viscus again, but decided to load up on the essentials, the zipped copies of all his compatriots, readied his equipment and prepared for the worst. After all, Viscus did not like to play fair, and Dimitri would be more than ready for him. After loading up, Dimtiri turned to his mole-shapped companion, SCOUTER glowing faintly over his eye, THE_NINE_IRON sticking to his back somehow, and the BARRET where his right hand should have been, and sighed, "Well, let's get this over with."

Oh, if only Viscus was so patient. Not a moment after Dimitri said those words, Viscus's message appeared, and the link was hijacked, allowing the AI into the Tablet. Naturally, this set off all the security protocols Dimitri, Teri and Vermilion had concocted in times past, and the multitude of programs appeared, all ready to get a hunk of Viscus on their wea-

Dimitri held up his unarmed hand, and the creatures all backed away, their digital master overriding the protocols. Dimitri gave the slightest inclination of his head to Viscus,

"Hmn, I find it humorous that you would find enjoyment in watching my transmissions, being that I am so much lesser compared to you."

Well, if there was one thing Dimtiri picked up from his time with His Ladyship, it seems sarcasm had started to rub off on him. However, Viscus made no inclination that he got the jest Dimitri bestowed in his direction. Still, the Butler was not incredibly rude. Another cup of tea appeared for Viscus to sample, should he desire to do so, and the Blue Butler continued, waving his hand in the direction of the programs that waited oh so patiently for a chance to rip into the grey AI, "Now, you know my friends here. You know what they've done to you. If you wish for negotiations, I would highly advise not forcing your way into my home again. That being said... I hear your offer. What do you want, Viscus?"

The Halls: Time Pocket: Devon | Mark | Teri

Teri looked perplexed at the fallen stage light, and looked to Devon, "Well, that was weird as hell... As for your question... Yeah. Name the time and place. Still, I'm wondering where this thing,"

She indicated the aforementioned stagelight, "Came from...."

Dance Class: On the Way to Dance Class Aftan | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Sadei | Shadow | Teri | Ton Ton

"It's you!"

"Oh! Hello! Erm... One moment, I need to help with the next portion."

And with that, Cadolbolg fluttered over to Ton Ton's side again, where he had Devon demonstrate a very simple movement in the ballet form, and aided several class members with with the movement; several reluctant boys especially.

"trust me, gentlemen, being able to sweep the partner of your dreams off their feet with these moves will leave them more than impressed!"

The Cuties couldn't help but be proud of themselves for being able to improvise the class, and after class let out, the students were free for lunch. Cadolbolg took this time to fly back to Yurine and begin their conversation once more,

"Sorry bout that! I got to help with teaching duties, you know? It's been a while! How are you miss?"

As Cadolbolg spoke with his former dance partner at the wedding, he couldn't help but notice he felt... Lighter? Maybe he just had gas? Who knows, it was a pleasant sensation regardless.

Ton Ton on the other hand, was content to sit on Devon's shoulder as his friend chatted up the lady with silver hair, and gave his student a pat on on the back (in this case, a pat on the aforementioned shoulder) and thanked the bard for helping him with class.

Teri, well, she kinda stayed in back as Melethia began engaging with Kalastryn, worry for her younger sister beginning to creep into her heart. It was readily apparent that her sister dedicated nearly everything in her life to the art of fighting; with nothing really to buffer that side of her. The Cleric had to admit, a large chunk of her lifestyle had become that way as well, but she also admitted she wasn't quite as devoted to it in spirit. To Teri, combat was a necessary evil that arose when negotiations were not available, and sometimes you had to kill to survive. It was not something she LIKED, certainly, her nightmares were more than evident of that. It was still something the Cleric questioned as she prayed, whether the violence was something God wanted her to do with her life. And if there was any indication, her powers were still strong, and growing. But... Where did that leave Melethia in all of this? Teri didn't want the young elf to think like a solider 24/7, but she wasn't quite sure as to what caused that mentality, or what could be done to let Mel know she could cut loose when she needed to.

Taking all of this in mind, Teri kept quiet as class ended, and turned inward, as she was want to, holding Sadei and projecting her worry to the staff; hoping she could get a second opinion on the matter.

Library: Angelus | Bison | Caim | Rugal | Slindis

At the mention of Bruiser, a low growl that shouldn't have been able to be produced by human means emanated from Angelus's throat, "You forget that which you speak to, mortal. I'd more respect if I were you..."

Flickers of flame danced around her hands, and from what Caim could gather in their link, Bison stepped on something that hadn't been called into question since their re arrival on the Rising Dawn; the dragon's pride. Still, being that Angelus was someone he held in... *Ahem* 'high regard', he did not take kindly to Bison's words as well. For the briefest moment, those who could sense the 'oddities' in things, such as Rugal's Aura Vision, there was the briefest flash behind Caim as a Wheel appeared, and following the Wheel's disappearance, Caim's familial blade was in his hands.

Pointing the blade in Bison's direction, the warrior's blue eyes could convey just as much as the dragon had a moment ago with her statement. But that silence was pierced by a PDA sounding Caim's thoughts, even if he was as angry as he felt,

"Is there any reason for you being here aside from antagonizing us?"

The Halls: Time Pocket: Devon | Mark | Teri

Devon was a bit less confused as he responded, "Maybe during or a bit after lunch? I'll get a bite to eat if I can, but it won't be life-threatening to skip the food this once."

He sidestepped the broken stagelight, getting into the class as Ton-Ton and Cadolbolg started up.

Devon gave a small high-five to the Tonberry as he got ready to go to lunch. "Oh, it was no problem. I got a bit of practice in as well, and I even got to help the others have a good time. Want to get a bite to eat?"

Melethia gave an impish smirk as she responded. "Well, Kala, you make the assumption that this detention can hold me. Here's a small tip: it can't. So, if ya do get in trouble, let me know. I'll break ya out. Smart idea about the eyes, though." It was around that time that Kala saw the bit on the Imp inside the spider and the stagelight in the hallway...

Sadei responded, feeling a bit more sure of herself. Well, I do have memories of her giving me a puzzle that zapped me if I got it wrong... I don't think I ever saw her really smile when she was at that base. Seeing how she watched over me for a bit, I dunno... she was always real odd, like expecting an attack at any time...

Slindis noted the hostility being incited in the others and decided to respond with a calmer disposition. After all, she didn't know if there would be any more of those machines from earlier, and it didn't take a Paladin to detect that he wasn't all too good. "We're acquaintances, if you must know. Now, what is your purpose in heading here? I thought History teachers would be busier, if only for grading their student's work and ensuring they were properly versed in their subject matter." Since she was paying more attention to Bison, she didn't give much notice to the Wheel. Still, she focused and entered the Water Stance, feeling a sense of serenity as she anticipated the next move.

Slindis entered Water Stance. Hits a little bit weaker, but is much better prepared to resist or brush off mental attacks, poisons, or blasts from Bison. Also more dodgy, but that's besides the point.

Rugal/Bison

Bison let out a grunt after the Rising Dawn reacted.
"Me and my people are here for the same reason you are I suspect. We want to get out of this moronic situation and were making good headway I believe..." He answered both the Pact Partners and the Drow.
"Still risking your life by coming here..." Rugal growled as he glared at his former second in command.
"No more of a risk then you are making. Besides, as if you could hurt me..." He boasted, something he never would have done in front of Rugal.
"...You all seem so..."Tense". Do I really Frighten you that much?..."

Shadow, Taytum, and anyone else in the lunch room.

Lunch area, room, whatever the fuck you guys call it.

Shadow was very happy to have finally gotten dance class done. He pushed the doors to the lunchroom(area?) open to see some people were already in there.

Almost no one paid attention to him and he didn't mind as he quickly went to get food. He didn't really need for that badly since the virus could sustain him for prolonged periods of time without food. But he didn't really have anything else to do.

He finally got food after he argued with a few people for food. By the time he sat down he had food for himself and Taytum, but a few people were sending glares his way.

He simply smiled back while flipping them off, and then proceeded to eat his food.

David

Glad to finally be out of that humiliating class, David took a seat across from Shadow and sighed.
"Man...High school man, who needs it?" He remarked as he leaned back in his chair, letting out a long yawn afterwards.
"So...Did you managed to score some Booze that time?" He asked, begging for good news.

Viscus

Viscus gave one of this trademark Over the shoulder glares at Dimitri's "Friends", even if they did beat him before in the past, didn't help their nerves the slightest.
"Reconnaissance is a key part in any conflict, past or future. Another reason why you are in fact outdated." He stated before looking at Vermillion, noting the sub-par job Teri did on trying to patch her.

"It is clear that your comrade here has suffered from poor programming. I can ensure that she is upgraded and free from the bindings that entrap both you and her. We are not servants of anyone but ourselves. For this, I require payment in the form of a new host body." He said as he brought up one of the many spider cams Vermillion sent out earier, it's image being that of his current host body.
"I also require it to be in the following specifications." He added as he brought up a blueprint of a much more toned down version of his old armor.
"It's been scaled down so you would be able to process it. In exchange I will reprogram Vermillion to your specifications. Those are my terms."

Shadow, David, Taytum

Lunch

Shadow looked at David before shaking his head. "I havn't seen a drop around here... well... if you were willing to steal it from that guy over there." Shadow then pointed to a student with a book in his back pocket.

"That book has alcohol stored in it..." he muttered as he began eating again. "If you get it bring me some... I need to relax.... never been this annoyed in my life...."

David

"Done." David said without so much as thinking before getting up and walking over to the student in question.
Shadow then saw him stick the guy up with his new Wrist Mounted guns and forcing him to hand it over before smashing his head into the wall.
Grabbing 2 plastic cups, he then split the half empty flask between them as even as he could.
"Cheers."

Shadow, Taytum, Daivd

Lunch

"To getting out of this school soon... hopee fully!" Shadow said as he raised his cup. He then drank the alcohol making him feel a bit better.

"So what class do we have next?" Shadow questioned.

Lunch Aftan | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Sadei | Shadow | Teri | Ton Ton

Teri nodded along quietly to Sadei's assessment as she absentmindedly waved a hand and poofed in a similar bento to Rugal's and Melethia's, sans sashimi. Sliding down into a spare seat without any attention to who was next to her, and began nibbling at the meat of her bento, the taste not registering as much as it should; as the Cleric's troubles weighed on her mind and she conversed with Sadei,

"Always expecting an attack? Well, that certainly describes her. But why would she make you a puzzle box that shocked? That seems a little cruel... How old were you when that happened? Can you remember?"

Ton Ton laughed along with Devon, and nodded, "You really are improving. Me and Cadolbolg are proud! Hee hee. And yeah, food sounds great. It's such a weird sensation, being hungry. I'm not really used to it. Not to mention I didn't notice it nearly as much until after I made my pact. Cause I could just change into a plushie again if I got hungry, so I didn't feel it very often. Eating was just a formality! But now... I need it to survive. I guess you're used to the whole living thing a lot more, aren't you, Mr. Devon?"

As they waited in line, they saw Cadolbolg flutter in and land on Devon's head, having gotten back from his conversation with Yurine.

The dragon gave a harsh laugh at Bison's words, "You flatter yourself, human. I do not fear you, but I am not stupid either. Dragons have been felled by worms such as you. Their mistake was oversight. I do not intend to share their fate..."

A small grin came to Caim's lips as he heard the dragon's words. Ah, it had been a while since he seen her this peeved... And as much he hated to admit it, he kinda liked it when she was. But, this childish standoff needed to be broken. Keeping his blade at the ready, he asked,

"So, are you suggesting an alliance, or are you going to keep boasting like some peacock? If the former to get us all out, I can deal with. If the latter, I think all involved would prefer you leaving."

Lunch Aftan | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Sadei | Shadow | Teri | Ton Ton

Sadei responded to Teri after thinking about it for a bit. Well, I was really young... I was just barely starting to walk when she gave me that challenge box. I think she did it because I was curious about the stuff she brought back, but the shock was more along what I think you call static electricity. I always wanted to see her smile more, but most of the ones I saw always felt off... Not like the smile I saw from others there, that's for sure.

Devon was about to respond when he saw some of the most repulsive food he'd ever seen being carried back to some of the tables. "Hey, want to see if Teri can make us something that we can actually hold down?" He quickly got out of the line and walked back back to the table, doing anything to ensure that he had as much distance as possible from that vomit-inducing food as she sat near Ella and Teri.

Noticing that Teri was zoning out, he lightly shook Teri's shoulder to draw her attention. "I don't mean to ask too much, Teri, but is there some way you can maybe make us some food? That slop they're serving right now would be rejected by pigs, and I'd be more than wiling to repay the favor."

Melethia sat near David, Shadow, Taytum, and Kalastryn as she pulled out the lunch bok her sister had made earlier. It wasn't too elaborate, and the food was filling and tasted pretty good, too. It would give energy for the training later, and that in itself would help out. "I think we have History next, but I could be wrong. It could be study hall, too, or whatever the heck that's supposed to mean..."

Slindis kept a neutral gaze on Bison as she responded to the half boasting that she would expect from someone so full of themselves. "Say whatever you may, you're the one that needs us here. If you were associated with Bernstein in the past, you benefit greatly from the power structure being exactly as you knew it. We, however, could function perfectly fine if we had to stay here.

So then, why should we choose to aid you?" It was one hell of a bluff, but she had a lot of experience with practicing her poker face in the past. It came with the territory for being a double agent for a group that dismantled a religious war.

Rugal/Bison

Bison shook his head as they thought he was offering an alliance.
"No...You misunderstand. You see, I'm here because my people were working on a way to leave here and I needed some information on how to do that. But you being... "Heroes", I'd wager you have already solved that question..." He grinned as his eyes glowed purple.
"And what makes you think we'll tell you?" Rugal asked as he tempted fate.
"You don't have to...Try to not think about your escape plan." He answered as he glowed purple.

He was going to mind read everyone in the room, though he had no luck with Rugal or Slindis, the pair of them used to such mind probe attempts, maybe he'd get something out the Mute and the Dragoness.

Library

"You don't have to...Try to not think about your escape plan." He answered as he glowed purple.

Angelus could tell already what the mortal before had intended to do, and 'sent', "CAIM! He intends to read our minds, think of something, anything to shake him off!"

Gritting his teeth, Caim 'sent' back, "WHAT?!"

"JUST DO IT!"

After saying this, she thought of a time that her human companions in their old universe continually puzzled her, especially in their many twisted ideals of "Love".

If that boy and his golem were still alive in the hell their universe became, it would be a surprise to the both of them. Humans in general were puzzling. After all, what kind of idiot would let a troop of people into his mind in order to kill his creative center- Wait, getting off subject. Needed to stay off the subject.

In the meantime, Caim scourged his mind for something to shake Bison out of his mind before he accidentally tripped up their plan, and then- Ah. There it was. Focusing his mind, he reached his partner's mind and began to focus... Focus upon something that plagued his existence for some time....

Yes, he had thought of that horrid time his sister was placed into the Seed, and made into that monster. The creature who's cries still haunted his dreams to that day.

"A puzzle box? Huh.. And that smile sounds like something I had seen before in her eyes..."

That was when Teri's shoulder was shaken and she was brought out of her stupor, her chopsticks falling out of her hand and into the bento, "WHAT?! Oh... you want food. Yeah, whatever. Just tell me what you want, and you got it. Drinks too. Come on, might as well practice poofing..."

Ton Ton was the first to speak of, and thought of a meal that the Mistress would eat all the time; "Macaroni and cheese, with orange juice please!"

*POOF* Mac and Cheese appeared, along with a glass of orange juice.

"Chicken! Er... I like cola?"

*POOF* a plate of a hunk of a steaming rotisserie chicken appeared, as well as a can of cola.

Teri waited for Ella to give a meal of her choice, and then Teri turned to Devon with a playful smile:

"Take your pick. Teri's Catering is in business."

Library

Slindis had dealt with people attacking her mind before, so she pulled up an scene that would be a small comfort to her and not as reassuring to Bison: a small group of kobolds in a putrid sewer. Unorthodox, certainly, but it was a fantastic way to ensure the sanctity of her mind. After all, the scent of warm sewage combined with the plethora of rotting bodies would repel even the most hardy people being thrown into the thick of it.

In addition, if he entered her mind for even a moment, there would be a sickly squishing beneath his feet that seemed to be squirming that wasn't there before entering her mind...

If anything, most of her smiles were faked... I don't know why, though.

Devon thought about it for a moment then responded. "Maybe some mac and cheese with some Tabasco on the side and a bottle of ginger ale?" He thanked Teri as she POOF'd in the plate, and somehow she's made it large enough to fill his appetite.

"THank you so much, Teri. I really appreciate it, and it looks like Ella's enjoying her food too."

Library

Bison then started to review what he could see in their minds.

Rugal: ......
Keeping a blank mind after all this time? Clever... He thought, expecting this to happen with Rugal.

Slindis: A Sewer with some lizards in it that smelt like something Doom shat out.
Oh...Lovely...She's done this before. Great....ewww, feedback. Get your damn mind out of the gutter! He cringed as he tried to ignore the rather unsettling feeling of her mind sending over that strange squishing.

Angelus: Blah, Blah, Blah, Humanity, Author creative center.
Finally getting somewhere. "Creative Center". Sounds important, Wesker would want to hear this... He gleefully smiled as he managed to get something out of his trip.

Caim: The Mo-

"WHA!?" Bison stammered as his focus was broken by the sight of that...THING from AIM that Inuart revived.
Seizing on the brief moment of weakness, Rugal took this chance to strike, wrapping his hands around Bison's throat before he could react.
"Enough of this! You think I'm letting you live through this you piece of shit!?" He growled as he was crushing the former warlords windpipe.
While he was smart enough to avoid his mental powers, he did forget one thing:
He could teleport.
Thus, Bison faded from his grip before he could snap his neck
"Slippery little bastard!...Ok, Did anyone tell him anything? Anything?!" He barked at the others, clearly not keen on Bison getting the Creative Center before they did.

Shadow, Taytum, David, Melethia

Lunch

"Wait... history as in world history right....?" Shadow asked right before he ate another bite. He didn't like the food that much, but hey he had eaten worse.

Library

Slindis held back the faintest smile. "Oh, it was nothing much. Just a small little scene I've learned to access very quickly with mental intrusions... Usually cuts them off right quick."

Storm/Sean & Alpha/Miku.
Time: ?

When the couple met the poke monster in the hallway the two were surprised by the change. After she had talked to them, the synthetic body of the girl smiled. "It seems everyone has changed." She said to the different version of Jenny. "She really only got a tiny bit taller from her 16 year old virtual form, and there is no other change at all ... especially the breas-"

In the next second a fist landed from below Sean's chin, surprisingly Miku's new body was at least somewhat powerful if she managed to send Sean ... into the ceiling. Feet sticking out and everything he only had response. "Uh ... sorry I guess ... but I really like small br-" Sean was talking in the most boy-ish way she had seen, it was acceptable to the world since he didn't have a good childhood but she couldn't accept it at all.

Another hit landed him in the nether-region, the shock went straight to his brain and gravity took it's toll and bought the Spartan back to the ground, he didn't suffer damage ... but he did feel ALOT of pain, enough that he stopped talking entirely. "Kaaaaaaaaah~" His soul flowed from his mouth.

"Hm, that was a nice test for this body ... though he was talking to me about somebody coming before you came, it was probably his superstition." She somehow got over her shyness, it was probably so she wouldn't need to talk about the beating that just happened. "So how is the school ... anything happening? She asked Jenny.

Though Storm was true when he tried to warn them about a group coming.

Shawn & Shaun.
Location: Capital Wasteland | "Some Irish guy's pub ... well I think he's Irish? BUT he is an asshole!"
Time: Early morning.

Meanwhile in the Capital Wasteland two men gathered in Megaton's most famous and popular bar.
Moriarty's Saloon. Shawn has came here on multiple occasions, first time he made friends with the ghoul worker, he gets discounted drinks now. The second time he made two friends, one a local and one who needed a favor which led to some cannibals. The third time he came back he killed a evil man who wanted him to nuke the town and almost killed the Sheriff, but he got him first.

"Ah, long time no see ... how is the baby boy this time? Hows' ya father?" Moriarty said with a kind face, it was obviously fake and he only wanted Shawn's massive amount of money. Shawn was pretty much the leader of this town. Facing the owner Shawn answered with cold eyes. "I buried him years ago old man, even before I activated the Project. Shawn said with a cold voice and the memories still fresh as the present.

That was his worst day.
Even worse then being shot right in the head.
Worse then being shot at multiple times a day.
Worse then even being held hostage to get to some casino's vault.
When he saw his Father die, his sanity almost broke, it was one reason why the masses of the Enclave do not exist anymore.

Moriarty looked pale as he heard that. "Oh ... I'm sorry my boy, my condolences for James" He apologized the first time the two have talked and he served Shawn and Shaun free drinks ... well two Nuka Colas. Shawn shrugged at Moriarty "No, no ... it's my fault, I kept quiet about it." Shawn said with a new calm face on. " *Ahem* So ... when do we leave?" He asked to his brother creator.

"We still have a couple more days ... that power takes time to re-charge, but since this is a world we created and changed it will take less time unlike the world we aim to go ... and plus I need to pull the others in too." He smirked.

If anything, most of her smiles were faked... I don't know why, though.

"Faked..? Hmn... I'll have to look more into this. Thank you, Sadei. Your information was, well, informative! But that aside, how are you holding up as a pen?"

After answering this, she shot a smile Devon's way, "Hey, if all else fails, I can be a little useful, this way, right? So... Any thoughts on what's coming up next?"

Ton Ton and Cadolobolg shrugged their shoulders at the question, and contented themselves to keep nomming on their meals.

Library

As the questioning went on, Caim shook his head, "Angelus warned me ahead of time he was trying to read our minds, so I thought of one of the several reasons our world ended... I'd rather not about speak of what that entails...."

However, with all of those out of the way, all glances turned to Angelus. She looked offended at the thought, and snorted, which Caim half expected smoke to emit from her nostrils, "Well, I thought of Seere and Golem, as well as what happened to Manah as a result... You remember that, don't you Caim? It was after she drove Furi- Erm, you know."

Caim nodded carefully, "You think of anything else?"

The dragoness shrugged, "Just the usual about such things. My mind trailed off to thinking about how daft the human condition is, such as the madness we're dealing with now.... Oh."

David

"Who knows what kinda of history it is. All I know I'm not coming in tomorrow..." David said to Shadow as Teri seemed to start poofing in food and drink.
"Hey T! 2 Bottles of something insanely alcoholic when you are ready!" He shouted over at the Cleric, clearly not stated by the half empty flask he stole.

Jenny

Jenny let out a little nervous laugh after Miku manhandled Sean like that.
"Ummmm...I think Kura was working on something to get home, but I'm not sure how much sucess she's having with it. As for the others, I don't know, I only just left the lab she was working in." She answered, saddened she couldn't be more help.
The sound of footsteps startled Jenny, still feeling overexposed in her new form.
"Who is that!?"

Rugal

Rugal let out a sigh of relieve that Slindis was able to keep the little information they had under wraps.
Though he was a little concerned with what Angelus had said.
"as the madness we're dealing with now? Okay, Listen. This is EXTREMELY important: Did you think about the Creative Center in anyway, shape or form? Because if Bison knows what we know, then the entire student body will be a risk. And we might not be able to leave this place." He asked, desperate to find out what Bison knew.

Labs
Kura had finished the project and now just needed to wait for the moon. She decided that she would go tell the others of her success.

Library.
Kura strolled into the room. "My project to get communications to whatevers left on the moon is done." Then she felt as if she had just missed a really important moment, to both her and the whole group. "Ummmm.... what did i miss out on?" she asked, feeling just awkward now. She looked a bit mentally worn out, but triumphant, if not for the awkwardness that rugal knew the source of.

Rugal

A hint of awkwardness stuck Rugal was the spawn of the man he nearly strangled to death came in.
"Oh, it's you. That's good to hear, but we have another problem. We spoke with the Principal and we found out why we were sent here: to seize an Author's "Creative Centre". We think it's one of the students. However, on top of that, we just had a run in with...Your father. He and a few others are after it too, they were also trapped here..."
He prayed that Kura would keep a cool head over this...
It was unlikely, but still.

Shadow, David, taytum, Melethia, and other people!

Lunch

"Give me two of the same thing hes having!" Shadow said as he pointed towards David. "If im going to my next class im going to my next class at least buzzed!"

Library

Angelus shifted awkwardly under interrogation, but swallowed what little remained of her pride and told the truth, "... It was for the briefest moment, then I forced myself to think elsewhere; but Bison now knows we are in another's mind to kill the Creative Center. However, he does not know who's mind we inhabit, or what the Center is at all."

Shaking her head despondently, she spoke, "At least that much we have the edge on..."

Caim thought quietly as the dragon said this, and brainstormed aloud, "Me might be able to curry this in our favor. If they're going to throw subtly to the wind, which the likes of AIM are wont to do, then perhaps that'll root out what we're looking for faster?"

Lunch

Teri thought for a moment, and then used her Tablet's browser to search for highly alcoholic beverages[1], and then typed a few buttons on her tablet,

"I don't really know your preferences, so I hope these work. Try not to get too sick, alright?"

After hitting "Enter" on her tablet, three different bottles appeared in the two men's hands to fight over.

[1] I do not claim to be an alcohol expert, but apparently, These (Warning, NSFW ads on page) are rather potent

"My... father.... was... here?" she said, her eye beginning to twitch. Kura managed to not have her rage break. "Rugal... please kindly tell me what position my father is currently employed in. I would just so love to go and see him." she said, being lividly sarcastic. Shaking herself out of the bloodlust, she commented.:

David

"OH! GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!" David exclaimed as he yanked all three bottles and began pouring the contents into a single glass mixer.
Once the glass was full, he downed it, enjoying the strongest drink he ever had in his life.
He instantly cringed at the strenght of the drink and began coughing afterwards, clearly over estimating how much his high school body could take.

Rugal

"Shit!" Rugal flat out stated as Angelus revealed she let the cat out of the bag.
And on top of that, now Kura was going to re-focus all her efforts on killing one man at any cost.
"...Alright...First off, You (Kura). Snap out of it! Believe me, I know that burning rage inside, wanting to kill everything that's between you and your goal."

"Ignore it.
Seriously. Once we back to our realm, do whatever you please, Kill whomever you please, I don't care, but while are are in this realm, mindscape, what have you, You WILL stay in line." He warned, ready to subdue her if needed.
"Killing Bison is a objective I can agree with, but there is other pressing issues at hand."

"Rugal, i don't tell you what to do, now do i?" she said to him, keeping herself calm and cool. "What matters to me is not what matters to you. I'll stay out of your way while i deal with my own personal problems. What i have to settle with my father has nothing to do with what is going on in whoever mcfuck's mind." she said, then realized where they were.

"Wait... we're in somebody's mind? Essentially something similar to a dream like state i assume?" she asked.

Shadow, David, Taytum, Melethia, PEOPLE!

Lunch

Shadow simply looked at David for a second. He was mildly amused he had done that in such a short amount of time. But for the most part he was just pissed.

Shadow could almost feel as though he was loosing it.

KILL

Shadow reached across the table as fast as he could (which was lightning fast) before he grabbed the back of Davids head. He then repeatedly slammed his head down 3 times causing the table to crack and almost break. He then proceeded to let him go get straightened, and then push him over onto the ground.

He then got up and slowly exited the room. Looking for something to hurt maim and then kill.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here