The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 . . . 875 NEXT

Canteen

Caim nodded with interest at Devon's description of his new battle style, and answered, an approving expression on his face, "It seems your musical affinities are starting to show through for more than just encouraging others.... This is good. Perhaps we can expand this into more techniques as your training goes on....You'll have to show me this battle style next time you and I train; so I might start coming up with ideas."

As he said this, he gave each of his sons a pat on the head, "However, that will not be right this moment, unless you really want it to be. I understand the values of rest in training... But, do you have any other ideas on how this style could be implemented? Perhaps we could start planning ahead on what to work towards..."

Outside the training room: Slindis, Teri, Garm

Teri continued holding her mentor in an attempt to comfort her while she spoke, "That's not true! You haven't constantly repeated the past! At least, with me and Dad you haven't... If anything, your influence is what made the both of us better people. If it weren't for you, Dad wouldn't even be 'Dad'. He'd still be the scary Cartel Lord: Rugal Bernstein. He told me on the boat back from AIM that he intended to return to us after he left. Now, at the time, I didn't even know he left at all; because I was off doing stuff myself. But; you gotta think that amounts to something that you aided in redeeming a man who was well on the path of destruction! YOU were his prime influence, Mom. I know you were. I can see it in the way he looks, er... At least used to, look at you! You are a shining example of what it means to grow and learn as a person; and you're pulling others along in that direction."

She paused for a moment, and continued, her voice less spirited this time, "I can easily say the same for myself. Were it not for you; I would not have realized what purpose God had for me. It was YOU, Mom, who helped me find that! Because of you, I have a reason to live! You showed me how I can help in this world; and not just through combative skills. Because of these Clerical powers, I can do many new things; and help in several different ways! But if I never met you, I wouldn't have known that...

Furthermore, you talk about how Melethia is bent towards war; trust me, she could be so much worse. When Dad was shot by those missiles, her and I joined in rage that I thought wouldn't have ended till every last Angel pilot was dead. And it was you and Dad who calmed us down again. You keep her in check, Mom. Really. Please, I wish you could just see for yourself how much of a difference you've made to each of us! What do I have to do to make you understand that?"

She paused again, in a hope to collect her thoughts in a different approach, and ended with, "Or, if this is about that mark... It doesn't define you. It doesn't define you any more than any other dragonmark defines anyone else. If it did, then why would the Silver Flame keep with you? You're a good, wonderful, kind person; Mom. You've just made some mistakes; like anyone else has. But you've come too far to give up now; right?"

Storm (and Alpha).
Time: ???.

Storm quickly erased the look from his face by slurping up some more noodles.
It was the last batch and the bowl was empty, a couple of seconds later and Storm sighed.
"Is it me or is there no supplies on here?" He said to himself as he looked back to Jenny.

"Basically I was thinking about how Alpha my AI pal knows everything about me and can read me like a book, I don't know if it is a function or just her knowledge on me though. Also I was thinking about a ... few other things." Storm slowed down for the last words.

He decided to spill the beans.
"Thank you for the offer of help but ... one last thing. I do not believe we have met before, it might just be my memory which was effected by corruption a while back." Storm rubbed his head like it looked like he was sorry for being taken over.

Kura shrugged as she walked back. "If he's as powerful as you say he is, i'll need to start training soon. And this is my fight, not any of your's. I don't care what you people say, i will do this alone when the time comes." she said to him, and generally the entire room. Meanwhile, she sat down back a her table in the corner, waiting for the little imps to finish her snake meat.

Jenny

Jenny turned red with embarresment at the fact that she never introduced herself to Storm.
"OH MY GOD! Ah, Sorry. My Name is Jenny, I'm what you can consider the ship's Therapist. Pleased to meet you." She said, faceplamming slightly.
"Well...If you ever need someone to talk to, you or Alpha, I'm always here." She said as she tried to get back on the right foot.
"As for the Supplies, there should be some more in the cargo hold, I know that we were in another realm for a while, but I don't think we are in dire need of a resupply...yet..." She said, not really sure what state their supplies were in.

Canteen

Devon nodded. "I was really looking at it the wrong way before, after all. It was really all on them for helping me see. As for changes? I'd have to see in an actual fight, although it does wear someone out afterwards."

It was around this time that the imps arrived with the meat cooked just the way Kura had wanted it.

Slindis leaned in and held Teri tightly. "Thank you... I've just seen a lot today, and even if it doesn't seem like it, what you just said means a lot to me."

Simple shooting range

Melethia thought about it for a moment as her handling of the gun gradually got a bit better. "Well, I could, but would an arrow that contained a lot of water in the head be something useful? I mean, I think it could snuff out lamps or short out electrical systems..."

Outside the training room: Slindis, Teri, Garm, Rugal

It was around this time that Rugal arrived on the scene and saw Slindis and Teri hugging each other (Least their fields were).
Even without his sight, he found it a heartwarming scene, glad that after all the pain she had unearthed, she was having a good time for once.
"I take it this talk went well then?" He coyly asked as he made his arrival known.

Simple shooting range

David pondered this as he switched the targets to moving.
"Headshots are extra, but go for body-shots rather then miss. Goal is to land a hit and train your aim, taking people down with a single shot comes later." He said as he thought about her arrow ideas.
"...If you really want to make it useful, set it so it can contain water, but use some of that acid of yours instead. Or maybe some Liquid Nitrogen? Plastic explosive. Hell, even some sticks of Dynamite duct-taped onto an Arrow. The possibilities are endless..." He said, recalling his old Hawkeye and Green Arrow comics.

"Thank you... I've just seen a lot today, and even if it doesn't seem like it, what you just said means a lot to me."
"I take it this talk went well then?"

Teri gave Slindis a squeeze back, "Anytime, Mum. And don't be afraid to talk to any of us, okay? That's what family's for... As for Sadei, as I mentioned before, she's only a little peeved that she was thrown in the bag. Otherwise, she's a bit curious about who you are; as well as her memories being a bit fuzzy. I'm sure you could talk to her some more, provided I held the staff. She'd like the conversation."

Her brow creased a little at the mention of Slindis' training, "However, I wish you had mention seeing some nasty stuff during training, and I would have saved this questioning for later. I really had no idea what was going on aside from Dimitri dealing with that lich. I'm really sorry about making today especially strenuous..."

And this was when she realized that her father was awaiting a response. With a little wobble, as she was still tired from the exertion of her Author powers, she gave a little wave to Rugal as Garm helped Slindis off the floor, "Yeah, I think things went well. Kinda wish I had a better sense of time though..."

Canteen

Caim nodded at the assessment, a michevious smirk appearing as the PDA continued for him, "As I said, it's good to hear; and I'll be putting this style of yours to the test next time we train. I am glad my trust could be placed in my sons while I was away. Who else will whip you into shape?"

He shook with silent laughter at this; the Cuties not minding the jostling in the least.

After the conversation with Kura ended, Angelus wandered to Jenny and reclined where she was moments ago by the Pokemon's side, and added in on the conversation,

"We've two AIs already on upkeep of the ship. If we were running low on supplies, they'd be the first to let us know. Isn't that right, Dimitri?"

A kindly, but somewhat posh sounding voice entered over the intercom; "Why yes, User: Angelus. As Ms. Vermilion watches over the flight controls of the ship, I typically tend to the upkeep of this place. I assure you, User: Storm, there is no need for concern unless said otherwise."

Canteen

Devon sat down and cast a Prestidigation to clean both the crumbs and the blood off of him, although the majority of the damage to his clothing was still there. "Well, we'll see how it works. It's still something I'm trying out, but I'm not about to back down from the training you've given me." From what his sons had told him, Devon wasn't using a blade like a cudgel any more, and he was growing into his fighting style. After testing how his bladesmanship was faring, it would actually be time to teach him how to implement his innate casting in his fighting. They would have done so earlier, but the Bard needed his fundamentals a good deal more.

Slindis stood up, still a bit jarred. "I just had to talk with her, Rugal... I need a drink, something to help me unwind here. Can you understand where I'm coming from? And Teri, after a while, there's still some things that I'll keep held within. I mean, the Yaulthoon incident with the Taken was bad in itself. Those cries are ones that will stay with me." Thanks to the incident earlier, Dimitri had set a search system for that Animus data and took that as an invitation to look up those terms. It was prying into her information, but after the lich, it was better to be kept up to pace for whatever else might have popped out from her mind.

Simple shooting range

Melethia fired the shots, having a bit better time with the moving targets than she had with the stationary ones. one thing that was cringeworthy was the amount of groinshots the girl had been going for. Fighting clean definitely wasn't in her book at all. "I hear you, Keeneye. My Bow already has extra stuff on it to fight some people, but it's a good idea to keep stuff diverse so you can fight specific enemies. I mean, you can only do so much when you can't nail something's weakness, right?"

"But of course. I'm seeing to it that you remember this day for all the right reasons." Rugal warmly said as he lead her towards the bar, knowing just what she needed.
"Teri, be a dear and watch your sister for a while." He said on their way out, one less thing for Slindis to worry about.
A short walk later, they arrived, Rugal slipping behind the counter to get a few glasses as well as browse their wares.
"Ahhhh... Domaine Romanée-Conti 2003, Hand picked grapes from the French Vineyard Domaine de la Romanée-Conti. The most expensive wine in the world...Only the best for those who've earned it." He said as he dusted off a bottle of Red Wine and poured two glasses, one for him and her.

Canteen: Jenny

"See? There you go. Should be some more somewhere." Jenny answered, still a bit red from botching her introduction to Storm like that.
There should be more here, but there isn't thanks to Writers Block!TM

Advanced shooting range

"...Well, I detect a sudden drop in the fertility rates for Targets in the near future..." David said as Melethia got the hang of shooting at moving targets while talking about weaknesses.
"Yeah...I've been there, thought my different ammo types would be enough. Never have I been so wrong in all my live..." He sighed, referring to his own brew of specialized ammunition and how little they helped him.
"Still, There's a project for ya. Arrows that spray Acid. Or that Blow up. Tch, this sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship..."

Canteen: Slindis, Rugal

Slindis blanched a little bit as she immediately checked the bottle for any signs of tampering. Said behavior was a bit odd, but then again, Rugal had never seen her take a drink that she hadn't poured herself. It was not a frantic search, but she would rather be safe here. It hadn't been the first time someone had tried to drug her before, and just because Rugal had served it didn't mean someone had added anything extra to the drink prior.

Another one of the Imps walked over to Jenny and waved to her. "Jenny, what would you like to eat and drink? We're trying out some Poffin recipes, and we think you would be a good judge."

Advanced shooting range

Melethia shook her head at David's negative statement as she continued shooting, even though her aim was subpar outside the groin shots. "Well, part of the thing is that even with the ammo, you're limited to how strong the gun's shots are. It's not a problem when fighting most people without much training, but when you're up against wholesale slaughterers, you need that extra edge that ammo alone can't provide. It's part of the reason why I designed your wristgun with that initial strength. I mean, I could also remake your arsenal to give my extra little touch to it, all while keeping the upkeep the same. Sound like a plan, Keeneye?"

Bar: Slindis, Rugal

Rugal sighed blissfully after taking in the nose of the wine before sipping.
"Mmmmm...You can taste the effort that went into it, can't you?..." He said, getting slightly annoyed that Slindis seemly couldn't even have a drink without fretting all the time.
Then, an idea hit.
"Slindis, turn around with your back to me."
"...Why?..."
"You'll See~" He answered as she did what he asked.
Rugal then gently laid his hands on the Drow's shoulders over the counter and began to massage them.
While his knowledge of the human body and it's pressure points wasn't on par with hers, he did know what spots to hit from personal experience.
Slindis could feel decades of built up tension ease away with every stroke.

"Well...I never was one to turn down Poffins of all things! I'll take a few Blue ones please. Oh, and see if you can get that nice sweet topping!" She said to the Imps as they went to get them.
"Tell me Devon, where did you meet these guys? I mean, Imps aren't really too common around here..."

Advanced shooting range

"...Normally, I'd be a little bit hesitant to let a 12 year old muck around with my kit, but you clearly know what you are talking about. Sure, I'd be game for that, Still, do try getting a scope for your bow." David said as he watched her slowly improve her aim.
"By the way, consider that gun yours, Stock included. Think of it as an advance payment for all the work you'll do for me!"

"Teri, be a dear and watch your sister for a while."

"And Teri, after a while, there's still some things that I'll keep held within. I mean, the Yaulthoon incident with the Taken was bad in itself. Those cries are ones that will stay with me."

Teri shrugged as her parents left her room, and called after Slindis; "I just meant talk to us if you need someone too! ... I don't expect you to tell me everything...."

Mounting up on Garm, the Cleric began looking about for Melethia, amused that she had gotten out of bedrest in the meantime.

"Just like college... Man I could use some caffeine... Ever had anything like that, Sadei? Stuff that makes you feel more awake?"

Canteen

After getting this information from Ton Ton and Cadolbolg, Caim couldn't help but smile a little when the Cuties began to vocalize a want for Caim to see Devon's new move;

"Come on, Friend Devon! Show Father your stuff!"
"Besides, this could simulate battle conditions in which you're caught whislt still fatigued! The enemy doesn't wait for you to rest!"

In the meantime, Angelus squinted at the Boss and Edge in curiosity... Something seemed familiar about the duo.

Slindis blanched a little bit as she immediately checked the bottle for any signs of tampering. Said behavior was a bit odd, but then again, Rugal had never seen her take a drink that she hadn't poured herself. It was not a frantic search, but she would rather be safe here. It hadn't been the first time someone had tried to drug her before, and just because Rugal had served it didn't mean someone had added anything extra to the drink prior.

As she got the massage, she felt able to relax a bit even if it took a while for it to sink in, although she still avoided the drink. Thanks to what Slin had told Rugal, it was clear that her Journey to where she was now had a lot more foes than friends. "Thank you for the kind offer, but as soon as you're done, I think I'll make my own drink..."

Canteen: Jenny, Devon, Caim

The imp nodded. "So, one blue one. Would you mind trying out a few others to see if we got the recipe right?" It went back in the kitchen to prepare the meal.

Devon heard Jenny inquire about the imps and responded. "Well, I met about 6 of them when I was training. I don't really know why they flock to me, but if they're going to trust me that much, I ought to return the favor and do right by them."

It was around that time that the Cutie Bruisers urged Devon on to show Caim what he'd learned. "Really? You two know that was more tiring than it looks... Still, how can I refuse those faces?" He sighed then smiled. It seemed that he'd have to show Caim this today as well...

Advanced shooting range

She nodded. "Well, I'm sure you want the appearance to stay the same, but what kind of mods did you want on the weapon? I can do plenty, and the stuff on the weapon should transfer over to each shot." SHe held the pistol and looked it over, grinning. "As for this, I'll remake it once I know how the inside of it works."

"If that is what you wish, though rest assured, There is nothing out of place in that drink." Rugal said as he kneaded his partners shoulders, humming slightly as he took her glass.
"I understand your distrust of others, After all you endured, It'd be hard to trust another, though know this. After what we have been though, I'd like to think I've earned the right to handle your glass." He added, taking a sip of her glass prove his point.
"Now then, just sit back and relax..." He said in a calming tone as he slowly moved his hands down across her shoulder blades, bringing them up and down her spine.
"If you want, I could bring you down to the spa, give you a proper back massage..."

Canteen: Devon, Caim

Caim waved a hand, and the two were off on their way to a training room. Upon reaching their destination; Caim gently lifted Cadolbolg from his head and allowed Cadolbolg to go airborne; Ton Ton leaping to land on the dragon turtle baby. After the two hovered a safe distance in the air, Caim readied his blade, and pointed at Devon. The bard could see that the warrior had already slipped into 'teacher mode'; his eyes focused and expression grim as it were in any other battle.

"Show me this technique of yours; and I'll see if it's up to snuff!"

And with that, the pact bound warrior charged.

Hallways: Teri, Garm

Having no real leads to go on, Teri activated the Hagane ring, and sent a message to Melethia; "Hey sis, mind letting me know where you are? Mum and Dad wanted me to check in real quick on ya."

Slindis nodded. "That would sound nice. It's nothing against the drink, and I'm sure it's a fine one, but I'm not fond of wine altogether. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, but all it takes is one time..." With that, she stood up and began walking with Rugal to the Spa area.

In a short amount of time, the Imp arrived back there with some Poffins. Although the taste was a bit odd to Jenny, it wasn't bad, either. They had clearly tried out some things, although they could improve in the way they mixed the batter as well as the variety of berries.

Advanced shooting range - outside

As Melethia got outside, she contaccted Teri through the ring. "I'm by the training area. I was working with Keeneye so we could both work on some stuff."

Training room - Devon, Caim, Cutie Bruisers

Devon started with a grazing attack from the blade that still left him winded, but he stood up and tried to get into the flow again. It would take a little bit to find the rhythm, though, and he still had to contend with Ton-Ton and Cadolbolg. C'mon, I just need to focus here...

The boredom was slowly getting to Matt so he decided to leave the canteen in search of a shooting range. The one place on this ship that would be able to calm him. He easily found one and walked inside to see that there were already people here. Paying them no mind, he took the farthest lane away from them and drew his M1911. It was the first gun he had ever owned and the one trained the most with, becoming an extension of himself. He turned off all augments that helped him with shooting to prove to himself that he didn't need help.

After pushing a button to bring out a target and getting into a firing stance, Matt started to tune out the rest of world. Soon there was nothing but him , the gun, and the target. The next few seconds went by in a blur as he raised his gun and quickly put all 7 rounds downrange. Calling the target to him he could all rounds had hit the center of the head in a tight grouping. Just the way he liked it.

Shooting Range - Melethia, Matt

As the young green-haired elf waited for Teri, she heard the practice shots from farther in the room and walked in to see how he used his weapon. It was a bit hard to make out how he fought, but he looked like he would go for the kill more. It was worth a watch while she waited for Teri. although it would be better if she didn't talk.

Thus, in the meantime, she checked the pistol David had handed her to get a feel for how it worked. The slight amounts of noise could be heard in the intervals in between the shots, but it wasn't so loud as to be distracting.

Storm (and Alpha).

Storm snickered for a single second after listening to Jenny's apology.
"That's no problem. I was trying to figure out if we have had met before since my memory was messed with a while back." Storm smirked but remembered the whole Tomoya scenario which was complicated since he was one of said people trying to kill everyone until he got his ass beat.

"Well my name is Storm as you probably know, that's just my UNSC code-name though, I do have a real name but I would prefer to keep that secret." He went back into a neutral face as he remembered his young career as a musical prodigy which led up to the point of his kidnapping and parent's death.

Switching that topic out of his brain he responded to Dimitri.
"Ah another A.I I see ... well hear. That's good to hear, I'll check the holding bay at one point, though I was more thinking of more personal supplies. Well unless this ship has a convenience store ... that would be great!" Storm said to the A.I
"(Hmm, he sounds more mechanical then Miku. Does this age have less advanced technology? Also do we have shifts where we have to take on roles on this ship?)" Storm thought to himself.

Quality aside, Jenny still enjoyed them and she reckoned it was a great first attempt, seeing how likely it was that this was their first time making them.
*Mouth Full* "Mmmm...Pretty-good, though-it's-still-kinda-lumpy." she said as she munched on one.
Taking a moment to shallow, she then added "What kind of berries did you use? Just this blue one has a lot of contrast in the taste depending on what part you eat. I mean, this side is a little sour, this one a bit spicy..."

She then turned to Storm and said "No problem. It was good to personally meet you Storm."

Spa: Rugal

"Understandable. I guess that means more for me then." Rugal joked as he took the bottle with them to the Ship's Spa.
It was clear that the previous owner, Dillon, spared no expense in the extras, hell, that bottle of wine one its own was £7'500.
A short walk later and they arrived, Rugal hitting the lights and getting the place warmed up.
"There should be some robes in the changing room. That being said, shouldn't worry too much, I still can't see beyond a multicolored blob." He said, somewhat disappointed.

Shooting Range: David

David woo'd at Matt's skill with his hand gun.
"Not bad, not bat all at all, Alex Murphy." He quipped as he fiddled with the Target settings, setting the range twice as long.
"Still Robocop, can't beat the classics..." He winked before pulling out his M500 and repeating the feat that Matt just did, The Targets head getting blown off.
He then looked expectantly at the Cyborg Merc, A challenge was laid down...

Canteen

There was a moment as Dimitri ran through some processing cycles, and answered, "Depending upon what you need, we may very well have it! However, if what you require is something you wish to remain private, I can easily answer whatever questions you have on your terminal. What is it you require, User: Storm?"

"I'm by the training area. I was working with Keeneye so we could both work on some stuff."

"'Keeneye?' Ah whatever, I'll see soon enough. Be there in a minute."

There was a few more moments of quiet as Teri followed the signal of Melethia's ring to the training room in question; riding in on Garm; a bit unusual, since Teri didn't really didn't do that outside of battle (save for when she was in a hurry). When Garm reached Melethia, Teri finally dismounted, wobbling a little after the descent and gave a wave, "Hi there Mel. Everything doing alright?"

Upon hearing a shot from the men working with their guns, Teri turned her head in curiosity and pointed, "So, which one's 'Keeneye'? I see two guys over there..."

Caim kept his assault up on his pupil; and noted that his sons were decidedly staying out of this tussle; "Want me to have all the fun, eh? What are you two up to..?"

Storm (and Alpha).

Storm was in the middle of his thought process but looked back towards Jenny.
"Likewise Jenny."
Storm smiled as he picked up his iPhone like phone (It wasn't an iPhone) and stuffed it into his pocket.
Alpha was still quiet and probably will be quiet until they leave.

A sigh was about to come out his mouth again but he looked up, as if he was talking to another power.
"Nothing much, clothes for my unusual body and possibly a few technical parts ... but if they are in the hold I'll probably go look for them later. Though it would of been really cool if there was a secret convenience store here ... there still might be. Exploring this place sounds fun." Storm's thoughts began to flow into a different direction.

At unique times his mind would become childish, so the though of a secret convenience store filled with candy seemed exciting to him. The spartan grabbed his used bowl, washed it up and then waved his hand as he left the canteen to do something else.

(EDITED NOTE: Sorry for not being in chat ... but sleep calls)

"Eh, I can take 'em or leave 'em. I usually just pick whatever's handy for the job though I do prefer anything with a ton of power behind it," Matt said as assembled his M107A1. He attached the suppressor that was made for it since he didn't like blowing out other people's eardrums. Matt set the target for triple distance and took aim. He again put all the rounds in the head until it wasn't there anymore. That was when he saw light shining through the back of the range. "Forgot I only use armor piercing rounds for this gun," Matt said with a quick laugh.

Advanced shooting range: David

David gave a small clap that would have more suited to a game of golf then a shooting contest.
"Impressive...Then again, with a M107A1, how can you miss, am I right?" He smugly said as he got a new target set up at the same range.
"Let's get all John Wayne up in this shit." He said as he stood in a High Noon stance, ready to draw his weapon.
He was going to try and match Matt's shots with a handgun.
Alright, don't fuck this up... He promised himself, unsure if he could keep it.

A Buzzer went off and he went into action, drawing his weapon and fanning the hell out of it's hammer with some rather impressive aim.
Once he had his 5 shots, he then looked at the hit marker: 3/5
"...Eh....From this range, no scope..." He shrugged, hoped it'd be enough to beat Matt's showing.

Teri then walked in and asked for "Keeneye"
"That would be me, T. "Keeneye", Rolls off the tongue, don't it? Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen-eeeeeeeeeeeyyyeee." He said afterwards, trying to psyche out his rival.

She ensured she wasn't able to be seen even beyond the blob as she switched to the robes. They were certainly ornate, and more than Slindis had ever been used to. Of course, she kept her pouch with her equipment nearby, and the well made wraps stayed on her person. She'd learned well enough in her past to never go unarmed even in calm situations thanks to events from her home and the attack on Dillon's wedding.

"I'm ready for this massage, although it does feel a good amount grandiose to me." Even with the talk she had with Teri earlier, she was still keeping an eye for something to cut her down here. And people thought being evil was something that kept you on edge...

The imps responded, describing berries that would Jenny had heard of all around the various regions. "We'll have to work this out more, but we can work on the blending technique. We might be able to pass some of these over to the humans, after all. It would do them good, considering the rather imbalanced diets some of them have."

She gestured to David West as she checked the weapon over, seeing where she could improve on it. "Looks like they're gonna do some kinda competition."

Devon got hit his fair share of times by Caim while somehow managing to parry some of the attacks, bfore he managed to tap into the rhythm of the fight. Now, Caim had been around massive battlefields so he had a bit of an affinity for the pulse of battle. Thus, although he was able to parry or block a number of the attacks, he could feel from the attacks that slipped through that Devon was definitely on to something.

"You know I got a keen eye for knives, swords, and other sharp objects. Maybe I could call myself Keeneye as well," Matt said mocking David. He then pulled out a S&W Model 629 and loaded it. "And personally, I prefer 'The Man with No Name'," Matt said before shooting at a new target. When he was done he brought the target forward to see his handiwork. 5 out 6 six shots in the head.

"Not at all, I don't believe that a life of honesty means the same as a life of poverty..." Rugal said, Irony kicking in for a moment as she laid down.
"And I'm certain most of the crew would agree that you need this. Otherwise, the coil of tension in your life will just snap again, like it did in the Temple." He added, somewhat regretting bring that back up during Slindis's relaxation time.
"And on top of it all, one good turn deserves another, lord knows I owe enough to you..."

Sometime Later, After copying and pasting some treatments he received from past spa sessions, Rugal felt content that he helped her unwind a little at the very least.

"Yeah, Not many really know the benefits of a good diet...Still, top notch work none the less!" Jenny said, enjoying one of the better made Poffins.
"Tell me though, Where did you get all those berries? Where they just in the hold? I don't know many places here where they can grow."

Storm's Phone: ???

Alpha kept to herself as Storm checked out the ship, least until she got a notice from the phone's Inbox.
It was strange, it was in the spam folder and it was labelled "OHGODJESUSSENDHELPPLEASE! q_q".
It was from a unknown sender and it was only to Storm's phone, not the Rising Dawns Network.

...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-
"Wow, Nice shots! That's actually pretty good." David smiled and nodded, not wanting to let Matt know he was getting to him.
He began to sweat slightly as he set the next challenge, New Targets, same range, only now they were mobile and moving.
Right...Heres hoping... He thought at he took aim and got 2/5.
...Please, don't get better...

Teri smirked at the nickname bequeathed to her by David, an unintentional reminder of simpler times in a realm of normalcy. "I haven't heard that monkier in some time... It almost makes me miss the forum. Too bad the forum wrought more than we had thought..."

However upon hearing Matt's remark to David, Teri decided to cheer the Irishman on. The man needed the ego boost, especially since she knew of what had happened between him and Elena. Leaning against Garm for support, Teri cupped her hands and shouted,
"You gonna let him talk shit to you like that, Mr. West? Come on! If you could pull that stuff off with that shotgun, you can wipe the floor with this guy!"

Caim could feel the pace of battle picking up as training went on; and decided that perhaps this would not prove a dire enough situation for Devon to utilize that technique again; if adversity was what unlocked it. Tapping into the Wheel, Caim pulled out Windsinger, a nasty looking polearm and thrust the blade forward; his reach doubled with the thing in hand.

"This takes me back to my days training as a SEAL. Though I'm not as good as I was back then," Matt said as he took aim with his reloaded revolver. After firing all 6 rounds he stopped the targets to see that half of his bullets hit their mark. "I need more practice. I didn't realize I had gotten that bad," he said.

David gave a smile and a nod to Teri as Matt got half of his shots on.
Okay, still standing, Quit while your ahead, Quit while yo-
"Tell you what? Next round for the title of master of the universe?" He said, instantly regretting it as he picked the hardest settings he could.
The targets vastly increased in number and began moving blindingly fast.
"Highest score wins, Handguns only, you game?" He asked, part of him hoping he'd say no.

Matt thought about it for a second before making up his mind. "Let's give it a shot. I like a good challenge. But it can't be for master of the universe, Sir Patrick Stewart owns that title," Matt said jokingly.

"Alright, Fair enough." David said as he went to take his shots first.
Alright, we can do this... He thought to himself before opening fire on the targets, getting a decent 13 with a 5 round clip.
He let out a sigh of relief as he felt he had it in the bag.
"Guess Sir Patrick Stewart is going to have to share, eh?"

Outside the spa: Slindis, Rugal

She got back from the changing room after the massage, a good bit more relaxed and focused at the same time. Rugal had noticed an incredible amount of tension in the muscles, probably from having to watch out for others that hadn't meant well at all. She hadn't gotten where she was from trusting everyone, and the fact that she'd opened up enough to let Rugal massage her had required a lot of trust. "Perhaps in the future, I could show you more of my former home. I know that it may not be to your liking, but it was lively in its own way." She made her way over to the Canteen with Rugal, ready to have a bit of food between the two of them. Non-alcoholic, of course.

The head imp responded to Jenny. "When you're where we were, you tend to pick up a good diet if you can get it. That is if we're not sent down to Gluttony to prod the Americans there, and that was a full-time job in itself. And the berries were started when we crash-landed in the desert. They had a surprisingly good market even if the berries were used mainly for alcohol, and the brewing of it."

With that, some of the imps went around and gave samples to those that would try them.

Melethia took a look at the two firing as she got a feel for the weapon looking to see what she could implement. "Sis, it looks like they're both good in their own ways. Interestin' to watch, isn't it?" From where she stood, she had the feeling that she really could learn a lot more from David as soon as she could get the shooting right...

Devon continued on with the Dance, thrusting the blade forward to redirect the blade in a rich baritone thrumming before he tried to move closer in to see if he could find a way to use the blade's reach against him. A few repeated thrusts were thrown out by him as he tried to keep his focus on the pulse of the fight. It was certainly getting a bit harder to parry Devon's attacks due to the timing of them.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here