All Patch Notes for Helldivers 2 Update Patch 01.000.006

Helldivers 2, several soldiers shooting at alien monsters in a field. This image is part of an article about how to fix the "servers at capacity" error in Helldivers 2.

Helldivers 2 is here, and while it’s skipped the Xbox, being a PlayStation Studios title, it’s gone down a storm on PC. Its latest patch has just dropped, so if you’re wondering what’s changed, here are all patch notes for Helldivers 2 update patch 0.1.000.006.

Recommended Videos

All Patch Notes for Helldivers 2 Update Patch 01.000.006

Helldivers 2 Release Date Trailer Reveals 3 Minutes of Alien Carnage. This image is part of an article about All Patch Notes For Helldivers 2 Update Patch 01.000.006

Helldivers 2′s latest patch is relatively minor compared to, say, Baldur’s Gate 3, but it does feature an important fix or two. One bizarre but potentially damaging problem was that if your profile had too many friends on it, the game would crash.

There’s also a matchmaking fix because, as with a handful of online-only games (I’m looking at you, Payday 3), Helldivers 2 had launch issues, meaning you could have trouble getting into a match. The game should be more stable, too. It’s not a trainwreck by any means, but we’ve seen a few people tweeting about it crashing their PlayStation 5.

These, then, are all the patch notes for Helldivers 2 update patch 01.000.006:

Related: All Helldivers 2 Pre-Order Bonuses & Editions

For this patch, we have focused on the following areas:

• Improved general game stability
  • Prepared build for upcoming server matchmaking improvements.
  • Resolving connectivity and disconnect issues.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when application was closed shortly after start
  • Game no longer crashes during extraction cutscene.
  • User profile with too many friends no longer causes crash.
  • Fixed crash when using text-to-speech during extraction cutscene
  • Game no longer crashes when users disconnect during the joining cutscene.
  • Operation Status in Mission Summary no longer causes crash.
  • Fixed crashes caused by leftover visual effects from disconnected players.
  • Game no longer crashes when using ADS.
  • Repaired instability in game data packing that caused increased patch sizes.
  • Improved backend connectivity, reduces likelihood of disconnecting in missions.
  • Improved matchmaking experience and likelihood of success.

Those are all the patch notes for Helldivers 2 update patch 0.1.000.006. And if you’re wondering if it’s worth playing, here’s our take on the game.

Helldivers 2 is available on PlayStation and PC.

related content
Read Article How to Get S Rank in Loveless in FF7 Rebirth
ff7 rebirth loveless cloud
Read Article All Queen’s Blood Ranks in FF7 Rebirth
ff7 rebirth queen's blood cloud vs red xiii
Read Article Dragon’s Dogma Has One of Gaming’s Best Dungeons – And Not Enough People Have Played It
winged Dragon's Dogma boss
Related Content
Read Article How to Get S Rank in Loveless in FF7 Rebirth
ff7 rebirth loveless cloud
Read Article All Queen’s Blood Ranks in FF7 Rebirth
ff7 rebirth queen's blood cloud vs red xiii
Read Article Dragon’s Dogma Has One of Gaming’s Best Dungeons – And Not Enough People Have Played It
winged Dragon's Dogma boss
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.