Thank you for watching the MBF (Mech Battling Federation) FULL

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So! I'm back again, trying to make my gallant return to the Escapist... again. Because it worked so well the last time, right? Anyway, this particular RP is one that's been rather successful on another website I frequent, so I figured I'd give a shot at porting it over here. Anybody interested, speak up. When I've got enough people expressing interest, I'll whip up a character sheet skeleton for you all.

It was a peaceful time in world at large, then again, it had been peaceful for the last one hundred and fifty years. It wasn't that any of the major countries of the earth didn't want to get involved in the world affairs, it was just that there wasn't anything worth fighting over anymore. World peace was declared for the first time in human history over a century ago, and humanity prospered because of it. However, just because there was peace, that didn't mean that there wasn't massive violence. It was just controlled, supervised, and put on public television for entertainment in the form of squad based Mech suit battles (Dubbed Mechanized Mobile Weapons. Often referred to as MWs or Mechs). Mech suits were a revolutionary new technology introduced right at the end of the last war humanity would ever wage, and it looked like it would be technology wasted were it not for the MBF reviving it decades later.

The MBF (Mech Battling Federation) was a federation that filmed both teams of mech pilots and lone wolves battling in controlled environments, and sold it as pay-per-view entertainment to the massive. After all, there was no easier way to entertain a people that had never known anything but peace then to show them war.

Since the appearance of the MBF, mech battling took over as the world's primary sport, conquering the competition in record time. It got so popular that lesser leagues also started popping up all over the place, within a few decades of it's creation, mech battling became as common of a school sport as many of the other more athletic activities, and was easily more thrilling.

It was a Mech based world, and the people that lived there wouldn't have it any other way.

A little bit of information for you all, before you ask any questions.

-The battling will be Freeform, though that won't be the only attraction here.
-Every player is allowed a maximum of 4 characters, because that's how I roll.
-Mechs of any shapes and sizes are allowed, from Gundams, to Zoids, to any kind of custom made machines that you might want to use.
-This is NOT a dystopian bloodsport future, the MBF is as much of a modern form of entertainment as the NFL or the NBA, with the pilots acting as celebrities of the 'modern' world.

Seems interesting. I'd want a bit more information about the world, unless you want us to not know much.

EDIT: Also, how the winner is decided is vital information, so I would like to see about that.

Okay, guys... guys... This is good. All join this, okay, because otherwise I might have to cry over it's dead remains and rattle out a 3 week long eulogy, and no-one wants that.

Consider me interested. Time to cheat through the entire competition using Gurren Lagann-inspired mechs! make up a perfectly acceptable and not at all galaxy-spanning mech to win with!

Sounds good but I'd like a bit more information about the setting and such.

I'm certainly interested though.

You have my attention, although I would like to see a character sheet template before committing to join. Also, it would be appreciated if you provided information on the battling itself. As in, are there any particular rules combatants have to follow, or restrictions on weapons, armour, shielding and the like?

Definitely put me down as interested! A good mech RP sounds good nice right about now. But as others have requested, a little more detail would be nice.

It brings a tear to my eye to see so many people interested in the concept of turning mech battling into a commercialized sport. Here's just a little bit more information on my world for you, if it still seems vague, read my answer below to better understand why that is.

Battling information

-Victory in battle is decided when one side is either unable to fight any longer, or surrenders. Attacking the cockpit is strictly forbidden, and is penalized with increasing severity depending on if there was or wasn't ill intent, as well as damage actually done. Special safety measures are put into place to ensure that damage done to pilots is left to an absolute minimum.

-Cockpits for all humanoid mechs are placed where the regular human heart is. Rather this was more of a poetic decision or an engineering one will forever remain a mystery.

-Since the advent of plasma based weaponry, dome like barriers have been placed over each and every battlefield, all of which are indoor, to protect the audience from the incoming attacks of the machines, while still allowing them the thrill of seeing their favorite mechs and pilots up close and personal.

-Battlefields have simulated environments that vary from battle to battle. Using the latest in arena building technology, it only takes a few hours to turn a barren desert into a tropical island, complete with a massive forest. Then, it only takes a few hours after that to turn the island into a ruined and destroyed post-apocalyptic city, complete with destroyed buildings for cover, and snow fall for concealment. The only restriction when it comes to the battlefield is the engineer's creativity.

-The MBF has multiple leagues, one for every kind of team. For instance, there is a league for solo battles, there is a league for 2 man team battles, all the way up to 5 man team leagues, which is the maximum. They also hold the occassional 'random' event, which is when pilots are about to volunteer to be put into a raffle, and they're randomly assigned a set number of allies and enemies, all of who's names are pulled from the same raffle.

Culture

-The RP takes place in America, some 200 years into the future from our modern day. Regular cars are now the property of museums, with all vehicles now being controlled by anti-gravity in order to hover several feet off the ground, and they're implanted with the same kind of fusion engines put in Mechs, making fossil fuels a thing of the past.

-Communication has also taken massive bounds forward, with regular phones being replace by home terminals that allows for a fully colored 3D image of the person you're conversing with to appear on your flat surface of choice. Still, this technology is only installed in people's homes, so people still use cellular phones to make calls and carry on a conversation when they're out of the house.

-While technology has certainly improved and matured, the people of the world haven't changed a bit. Gossip and slander is just as much alive as it ever has been in the past. The most famous Mech pilots in the MBF are international celebrities. And as such, the tabloids and the press play a massive part of their life, for better or for worse. Still, not everybody makes it to that level of fame. Many still float under the radar, and simply do their jobs and go home.

If that doesn't answer all your questions, it's because I'm leaving the world mostly vague for a reason. I want the lot of you to play just as big a part in creating this world as I do, for two key reasons.
A) I'm too lazy to create an entire world by myself.
B) I want you all to be immersed into the world that I present, since you put in a part of it. It really helps you to feel more invested in the story when things start to get rolling.

Character sheet skeleton

Name:
Appearance: (Can either be a picture or verbal description. If picture, please use spoiler tags)
Personality
History:

MW

Name:
Appearance: (same as human description requirements)

Standard Weaponry
(The equipment that the Mech will come standard equipped with)

optional weaponry
(the equipment that the Mech could come into combat with, but is optional)

other systems
(anything that makes your mech unique.)

Construction and History: (where the machine came from.)

And because I'm such a nice guy, here are my first two characters, so that you guys have something to base your standards off.

Alright, I'll put up a sheet, but I want to know how the winner will be decided in the terms of the RP, not the story.

Working on my sheet as we speak.

I'd like to reserve a place, but I'm too tired right now to go Mech shopping to create a character or 3.

Damn why do you make this just before I am going on vacation.
Know I got to go and figure out some stuff.

I'd like a reserve, if at all possible.

I'd like a reserve, please, this seems really interesting.

5 robots that combine into 1 bigger robot? Yes? No?

reserve please also reserve on having a dinosaur theme

Alright, here I go. It's not finished yet, as I have to leave for work now but once I get off I will finish this one and probably do another.

hope you like it, tell me any changes you want me to make.

I would love to get in on this!

Let me reserve for now, I'll get you a post shortly

Hmm... I've changed my mind, so sadly I won't be participating. Thank you for taking time to answer my questions and I wish you luck with your RP.

Never mind, have fun :)

Holy Jesus on a pogo-stick! This RP blew the hell up over the course of one night. Alright, time to scramble for a fix. If you expressed interest before I tossed that FULL sticker up in the title, you're in, just make a character sheet.

By the way, I'm an extremely liberal GM, in case you haven't figured such out already. If you've got any ideas you want to bring to the table, PM them to me. I can't stand iron fisted RP games, like the ones that I used to see a lot back before I went on my Escapist coma.

@CloggedDonkey: there's not going to be so much of a clear cut winner in this RP. It's not about who comes out with the victory, but about the story you tell on the way there, that matters. Other then that, character looks good.

@BoosterGold: Go team rescue! The Rescue Megazord will be rather entertaining to watch in combat when placed against other more technologically prone machines, like my Gundams, for instance.

@Fishtie: Clearly I'm cool with the 5 turning into 1 theme, since the Rescue Megazord is a go. Have at it.

@Mtn Dew: You're bringing freaking Jehuty into this mess? That's just mean, especially if it's already equipped with the Zero Drive. Keep it clean and you've got an awesome CQB MW on your hands, and an approved machine.

@nuba km: Looking good so far, it'll be fun to see how a fellow gearhead interacts with my own.

@Fury is me: He seems a bit overpowered for fair play in the RP, but I'm sure we can work the good doctor into the RP somewhere... After all, we only need to build a mech of a small blue hedgehog, and I think we're solid as far as beating him.

Second sheet coming soon!

SargentToughie:
Holy Jesus on a pogo-stick! This RP blew the hell up over the course of one night. Alright, time to scramble for a fix. If you expressed interest before I tossed that FULL sticker up in the title, you're in, just make a character sheet.

By the way, I'm an extremely liberal GM, in case you haven't figured such out already. If you've got any ideas you want to bring to the table, PM them to me. I can't stand iron fisted RP games, like the ones that I used to see a lot back before I went on my Escapist coma.

@CloggedDonkey: there's not going to be so much of a clear cut winner in this RP. It's not about who comes out with the victory, but about the story you tell on the way there, that matters. Other then that, character looks good.

@BoosterGold: Go team rescue! The Rescue Megazord will be rather entertaining to watch in combat when placed against other more technologically prone machines, like my Gundams, for instance.

@Fishtie: Clearly I'm cool with the 5 turning into 1 theme, since the Rescue Megazord is a go. Have at it.

@Mtn Dew: You're bringing freaking Jehuty into this mess? That's just mean, especially if it's already equipped with the Zero Drive. Keep it clean and you've got an awesome CQB MW on your hands, and an approved machine.

@nuba km: Looking good so far, it'll be fun to see how a fellow gearhead interacts with my own.

@Fury is me: He seems a bit overpowered for fair play in the RP, but I'm sure we can work the good doctor into the RP somewhere... After all, we only need to build a mech of a small blue hedgehog, and I think we're solid as far as beating him.

I actually had a better Idea, I just changed his name and appearance and took out a few things. Take a look now, Mr. Gm.

Looks like I'm just barely slipping in, worked on these since yesterday. Barely finished now.

SargentToughie:

Well I finished up that sheet and made a new one. As you'll see, I'm not using the actual Jehuty, just that image is close to what I pictured Lyn's MW to look like and when I wrote out a description it just wasn't as good. But anyway, just wanted to let you know that both my sheets are done in my above post. Hope they're alright.

OK, so I went Mech shopping, and combined 2 of the characters from one of my favourite anime series with 2 of my favourite Mechs. I took a bit of liberty with the backstory creating 2 factions in the Last Great War of Humanity, 200 years ago. Anywho, here's my two characters!

I just though we should, you know include fighting styles so each person knows how the other person are going to fight with their mech.

New plan.

Go team Piece-Of-Junk!

I tried to put the whole thing in one big spoiler, but the preview said there was too much text to put in a spoiler. I didn't even know that you could do that.

This is by no means done, but I'm putting it up so that I have a greater incentive to finish it. Also people will be able to tell me what I've messed up. Which I'm certain I will have done in some way.

Okay, so we've got a few Gundams, a few smaller humanoid type anime Mechs and some BattleMechs. I'm surprised that noone has picked a Zoid yet, but thats cool.

@SargentToughie- You say the battles will be freeform, does that mean that two or more people will post against each other or will you take control and do the write up?

... This RP grew wings a lot more then I thought it would. To be quite honest, there's no possible way that I'll be able to do all this by myself. Everybody, be aware that I'll be on the lookout for some people to be mini-GMs, operating the RP while I'm unable to. Mainly, this consists of moderating people's fights against one another, and making sure that everybody's playing fair.

This RP relies hard and heavy on you guys being responsible and mature players to work. Anyway, while I don't have the time or the dedication to read each and every individual character sheet, it's great to see that you're all putting so much time and dedication into your characters, it really helps motivate me to come by the Escapist more consistently, like I used to. Keep up the awesome work, I'll have an Opening post for the real RP itself either later on this evening, or tomorrow.

EDIT: @Jakeman: No, you will always be in complete control of your character, unless you betray my trust and be a god moding douche.

Sgt_Jakeman214:
Okay, so we've got a few Gundams, a few smaller humanoid type anime Mechs and some BattleMechs. I'm surprised that noone has picked a Zoid yet, but thats cool.

@SargentToughie- You say the battles will be freeform, does that mean that two or more people will post against each other or will you take control and do the write up?

you left my dino-mech out from that list

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked