Avoiding detention... TO HELL!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 27 NEXT

As Galio advanced he could eventually see what was producing the light. A small ornate lantern hung from a hooked stand that was set on the ground. The lantern itself seemed made of glass and bronze with a single candle sitting in it.

The lantern illuminated a small area around including a stone temple like building. The places seemed strangely familiar...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, as the other students talked amongst themselves Umbra had a quick quiet conversation with the small goblin. After it was finished the short man started to waddle over to the great gates that still stood open, grumbling as he did so.

John noticed the short man walking back towards the gates. He glanced at him curiously, but kept silent, waiting to see what would happen.

"Any time we could get going soon? i have a promise to keep." Hataki said and her eyes darted over to David when she said promise.

the gates openned and out stepped a moustachioed man in a three piece suit. "Welcome to my humble abode!" He pronounced to their shocked faces "Just kidding, I'm a guest only. His most Humble and Gracious Majesty, He of Infinite Grace and Passion, the Lord of all Goblins has allowed me to stay for the week and I jumped at the opportunity see how the school's gettig o without me." He bowed "Zepheniah Acturos Masters, at your service, but my friends call me Mak."

Hataki moved so quick it was like a flash. She was behind the man with her sword at his neck. "I've never seen you before so talk and explain how you got down here or my sword will become a new shade of red."

David sighed. "Really Hataki? This again?" David walked forward and pulled the sword away from Mak. "I'm surprised that you don't recognize him."

"Forgive me, i just went though a body reformatting and my brain is a bit fried. I'm a bit on edge, but i know for a fact, i've never seen this man in my life." she said sheathing her sword.

John sighed. It seemed that Hataki's transformation hadn't altered her personality in the slightest.

"Well then, Zepheniah, I have to say it's nice to see a friendly face down here. Tell me, do you stay with Goblins often," John asked as he approached the new guy. He extended his hand towards the strange man.

Galio advanced and looked at the temple. It was very similar to the temple master trained him in, but there were different features. It was more "Evil"...

Hataki could see the disapproval in John's face. She shot him a glare. "Its not easy keeping this new emotion bottled up inside. Lets see you find out you're half demon and turn into a succubus while retaining your own mind."

"If you need me, i'll be over there." she went and leaned against a nearby wall.

John withdrew his hand, and muttered a quick apology to Zepheniah. He then turned away and began walking towards Hataki.

"Hataki, I'm not blaming you for acting rashly! I have no idea what kind of hell you've just gone through, and there's no way I'm ever going to know.

But at the same time, there's a difference between being stressed, and PULLING A SWORD ON A GUY WE LITERALLY JUST MET. Look, forget about first impressions and all that, but we can't afford to go around making enemies down here! If what David's shown me is real, and I have no doubt it is, then there are some people down here who can screw us over, and I doubt all of them are going to be as nice as Umbra!"

John slouched forward a bit, seemingly exhausted from his rant. "Look, I'm sorry for blaming you. I mean that, I really am sorry. But, it's in my nature to be cautious, whereas it's quite easy to see that it's not in yours. You have a right to be upset with me. I'm sorry."

"This emotion isn't something you can just put out, its like an itch in... certain places. Its enough to be suffering though them if my increased abilities is the benefit."

she sank down against the wall, Hataki's eyes starting to tear over. "Lets face it, I'm just a bitch stuck in permanent heat."

John cracked a bit of a smile at that last line. "Heh. Good thing too. I've got a feeling that we're going to need some pissed off warriors if we're getting out of this alive."

John crouched down next to Hataki, the slight grin fading away. "Hataki, look at me. LOOK AT ME. Like I said, I've got no way of knowing what you're going through. But, I do know this. Underneath all that rage, beneath all the emotions you're experiencing, you've still got a heart. You've got the exact same soul that we've all got. Never, NEVER, underestimate the power, strength, and determination that comes from that heart."

Standing upright, John offered his hand to his friend, a smile again playing across his features. "Now come on. I've got no idea what we're going to be up against, but something tells me we'll get to kick some ass along the way. And I don't think anyone of us can do that better than you."

"Thanks for the words but i wasn't born with this, i don't know how to control it. this damn flame, unless..." Her eyes darted to David. "I keep a promise."

Furrowing his brow, John began searching his new "memories."

"A promise? What promise... Ooooooohhhhhhhh."

John began to look extremely uncomfortable, glancing back and forth between Hataki and David.

"Right, um, well, yeah. I'll just, uh, be over there. With the other guys. Uh, let me know if you want to talk later though."

"Trust me, if you knew what this felt like, the same thoughts would be going through your head too." Hataki said a bit louder so he could her her. how am i going to approach this.. and she leaned her head against the wall

"Right, well, like I said, no way of knowing what you're going through. So, uh, yeah. I'll leave you guys alone now."

John flashed an extremely unconvincing grin, and quickly walked back over to where the rest of the group was gathering around Zepheniah.

*sigh* "I could almost feel things returning to some kind of normality..."

Hataki got up and tried to look as dignified as possible. she made her way back over to the group a bit more shy then normal. it has to be done but not now, i think i can stand it. "Again anytime we might be going? i think i have a more flat headed look of the situation." she said quietly

The temple was closed. Galio was able to blast a hole in the temple but decided not to because he didn't want to wake up what was inside there.. He summoned his third eye and made it fly towards a small hole on the roof... "What is in there?" Galio muttered...

"Yeah, it'd be nice if we could keep a move on so we can get back to the surface quickly.'

"About that... I don't think I'll be coming back with you guys." She said looking at the rest of the group

there was a short pause eventually filled by Zephaniah coughing and saying "Well... Not sure what's going on here, but I canreally sense the awkwardness. Also, who slash what is that naked demon and why would she come to the surface at all? It's good to see a friendly face, John, but I'll never understand your taste in women." He extended a hand "Mi casa es su casa, my friends, as long as you compliment the king every time you see him he should tolerate anyone."

Hataki looked at the new man "I'm half succubus and half human. never heard of them before myself so I'm guessing I'm the first halfling. But i guess having my aunts being Astra and Umbra with my mother being Terra. i should receive respect from him."

John took Zephaniah's hand, and gave it a good shake.

"Zephaniah, I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear: Hataki and I are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. No offense against her, I'm just bad at handling closer relationships.

"Wait, so you've just been living down here? For how long? Who exactly are you?"

"If that wasn't painstakingly obvious enough." Hataki said, her tail absent-mindedly moving around.

willofbob:

there was a short pause eventually filled by Zephaniah coughing and saying "Well... Not sure what's going on here, but I canreally sense the awkwardness. Also, who slash what is that naked demon and why would she come to the surface at all? It's good to see a friendly face, John, but I'll never understand your taste in women." He extended a hand "Mi casa es su casa, my friends, as long as you compliment the king every time you see him he should tolerate anyone."

Just don't screw up the plot like I did some time ago.

Tasha gave her a small smile. "Well that's a shame. Feel free to visit when you can." He then adjusted his gaze to the new person Z-something. "So.. who do we have here?" His arm made a loud mechanical whine and Tasha pushed it back up as casually as one would push up a pair of glasses.

Galio's eye easily reached the hole, but when it looked in he quickly realized something. The lantern's light was far from strong enough to reach into the hole that high, and while the floating eye was magical it still couldn't see anything without some light.

However, a gruff voice suddenly called out from somewhere very close. "Hey! Hey! What do you think you're doing?"

The goblin was now ignoring the group and went over to the large gates. Giving one of them a good shove, the large door began to swing closed with a bit of racket that drowned out the goblin's muttering.

Standing off to one side Umbra watched the students with a concerned frown.

"Feh" muttered Galio. He unsummoned the Devil's eye... "The goblin still can't see me, I'm fine..."

David quietly let out a sigh and stood beside the elder succubus. "Is something wrong Ms. Umbra?" He leaned against the wall and looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "You look worried about something."

John turned to face Umbra and the goblin. "So, first, thanks to both of you guys for the help you've given us so far. I've got a quick question for the two of you.

See, we're down here because our school sent us on some quest to do... something. We have no idea what, but should probably try and do something before we head back to the surface. Do you know of any quests or feats we could do down here? Preferably one that won't kill us."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked