RP ideas thread. (not an rp but it is a place to build RP's in.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

TheIronRuler:

SomeBritishDude:
I'd love to see a Justice League RP. Players can give in sheets for any DC comic book character and any interpritation of the that character. So say if someone wanted to be Batman they could be anything from the Christopher Nolan dark knight to the campy 60's Batman. The only restriction would be that all these characters should feel like they exist in the same world.

I know I could host it but I'd like to be a part of something like this, if only for the Christmas holidays.

I think that people will enjoy playing as original character more than playing already established characters.

How about decendants of them? It would allow each person to have their own take on the hero's powers.

lacktheknack:

TheIronRuler:
snipp'd

It's a unique idea. I don't think it's my cup of tea, but I don't see the "claim land" aspect very often in RP.

Would you like to help me with it?
The point here is that after France was conquered, the idea of moving the Jews to Madagascar was Germany's great solution for the Jews. But then the Brits came into the picture and took the island over.
I'm struggling with the format, but I want there to be a diverse cast of survivors with carious jobs, qualifications and religious faiths. You can have a religious doctor, an agnostic factory worker, a slightly religious engineer... All that binds them all is the resistance and the language which they all speak, and the desire for Independence.
So they'll travel the land and rally the Jews, topple the local Nazi administrators and even meddle in the power struggle between the two Parties.

mcpop9:

TheIronRuler:

SomeBritishDude:
I'd love to see a Justice League RP. Players can give in sheets for any DC comic book character and any interpritation of the that character. So say if someone wanted to be Batman they could be anything from the Christopher Nolan dark knight to the campy 60's Batman. The only restriction would be that all these characters should feel like they exist in the same world.

I know I could host it but I'd like to be a part of something like this, if only for the Christmas holidays.

I think that people will enjoy playing as original character more than playing already established characters.

How about decendants of them? It would allow each person to have their own take on the hero's powers.

It can work... What about Batman? I mean... That's just a sense of Justice, intelligence and Money. Lots and Lots of money.
Oh, what's your opinion about my idea? Jews in Madagascar rally against the Nazi regime in an alternate universe.

TheIronRuler:

It can work... What about Batman? I mean... That's just a sense of Justice, intelligence and Money. Lots and Lots of money.
Oh, what's your opinion about my idea? Jews in Madagascar rally against the Nazi regime in an alternate universe.

It could work, if done correctly. not my peice of cake though.

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

TheIronRuler:
snipp'd

It's a unique idea. I don't think it's my cup of tea, but I don't see the "claim land" aspect very often in RP.

Would you like to help me with it?
The point here is that after France was conquered, the idea of moving the Jews to Madagascar was Germany's great solution for the Jews. But then the Brits came into the picture and took the island over.
I'm struggling with the format, but I want there to be a diverse cast of survivors with carious jobs, qualifications and religious faiths. You can have a religious doctor, an agnostic factory worker, a slightly religious engineer... All that binds them all is the resistance and the language which they all speak, and the desire for Independence.
So they'll travel the land and rally the Jews, topple the local Nazi administrators and even meddle in the power struggle between the two Parties.

Sure, I can help. Would it be fight-based or evasion-based?

Also, wanna assist me with my little dwarf-fortress-in-SPAAAAAAAACE idea?

lacktheknack:

My problem with your description is that I don't quite understand it... Would it be like a sim game where you build your characters, interact - but also a sim-city one where you collect resources and build structures? Because developing an outpost into a metropolis takes generations.
Hopefully no fights, since this is a resistance. So you'd have raids on storehouses, liberating certain key strategic towns, etc.

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

My problem with your description is that I don't quite understand it... Would it be like a sim game where you build your characters, interact - but also a sim-city one where you collect resources and build structures? Because developing an outpost into a metropolis takes generations.
Hopefully no fights, since this is a resistance. So you'd have raids on storehouses, liberating certain key strategic towns, etc.

Yeah. It's a story-driven RP, but it has a Sim-City focus and goal. Resource and task managing and such. And while it would normally take a while to get to a metropolis from an outpost, keep in mind that A. after the initial outpost is set up, tens, then hundreds, then thousands of infrastructure workers would come pouring in as the city expands. Time doesn't have to be consistent, jumps forward are allowed. The players' jobs is to anticipate potential disasters and plan how things should be built. The initial loadout would be architects and builders.

I just thought it would be fun and different to have an RP about building and designing rather than killing and destroying for once. :P

As for yours, how would skills work? Seeing as combat skills would be reduced to guerrilla warfare.

lacktheknack:

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

Yeah. It's a story-driven RP, but it has a Sim-City focus and goal. Resource and task managing and such. And while it would normally take a while to get to a metropolis from an outpost, keep in mind that A. after the initial outpost is set up, tens, then hundreds, then thousands of infrastructure workers would come pouring in as the city expands. Time doesn't have to be consistent, jumps forward are allowed. The players' jobs is to anticipate potential disasters and plan how things should be built. The initial loadout would be architects and builders.

I just thought it would be fun and different to have an RP about building and designing rather than killing and destroying for once. :P

As for yours, how would skills work? Seeing as combat skills would be reduced to guerrilla warfare.

Now it makes a bit more sense, but how are you going to make it engaging?
'Dear god! That building schematic has a calculation error in it! It lacks a support column! Hurry, Robin!". That's how I see it, at least.
That doesn't mean I won't join out of sheer curiosity, though.
I think that the Rp should focus more on gathering support for the rebellion. Which means espionage, lots of fetch quest/helping people where you might need to get rid of an annoying officer, rescue a prisoner or help and set up a training grounds for the locals.
You'll have sabotage, assassination, rallying the people for your cause - after all, the land is divided.

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

TheIronRuler:

Now it makes a bit more sense, but how are you going to make it engaging?
'Dear god! That building schematic has a calculation error in it! It lacks a support column! Hurry, Robin!". That's how I see it, at least.
That doesn't mean I won't join out of sheer curiosity, though.
I think that the Rp should focus more on gathering support for the rebellion. Which means espionage, lots of fetch quest/helping people where you might need to get rid of an annoying officer, rescue a prisoner or help and set up a training grounds for the locals.
You'll have sabotage, assassination, rallying the people for your cause - after all, the land is divided.

That's the main reason I haven't made it yet. I need to make some major overhauls to the planet already. But it won't be schematics and stuff like that. Think "Oh God, there's aliens in the sewers, how do we get them out?" More visceral and practical problems.

Maybe there will be an in-story rebellion, maybe an invasion. I'm trying to iron out those details.

Of yours: Have you considered how the Nazis will fight back?

lacktheknack:

-snip-

Of course. They will probably use collective punishments, killing off civilians that had nothing to do with your actions. Cut down the rations. If you blow the warehouse up, the workers will have to work overtime to compensate for the lost goods.
But their response will be mixed. If you ally yourself with one side in the political struggle in the party, you might get assistance from some Germans yourself. But don't count on them. You are sub-human in their eyes after all.

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

-snip-

Of course. They will probably use collective punishments, killing off civilians that had nothing to do with your actions. Cut down the rations. If you blow the warehouse up, the workers will have to work overtime to compensate for the lost goods.
But their response will be mixed. If you ally yourself with one side in the political struggle in the party, you might get assistance from some Germans yourself. But don't count on them. You are sub-human in their eyes after all.

It sounds really quite interesting. I'd probably follow it, maybe even join.

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

-snip-

Now that i'm seeing more about this, i'm begining to fancy it. What about the Char sheets?

mcpop9:

TheIronRuler:

lacktheknack:

-snip-

Now that i'm seeing more about this, i'm begining to fancy it. What about the Char sheets?

There are the name, age, ancestry (that defines what language you speak besides Hebrew - Polish, Russian, English, German, French), profession (Most are just factory workers, but some are doctors and engineers, farmers and loggers),biography and your outstanding abilities.
I was thinking about the position in the resistance and whether or not you have a family, but you can also suggest me other options.
EDIT: Also, I'd like to add how religious you are. Whether or not you're religious - don't work on the sabbath, have your holidays, keep the covenant... in secret, because it's forbidden. You can be Semi-religious, meaning that you believe in god, accept the rabbis and want to reclaim a land for your own people. You can also be agnostic or disregard faith, wishing to have your own nation and be free - Think about the Kibbutz.
Religious conflict is something that I also want to address.

Guest:

SomeBritishDude:

I personally enjoy both. But your going to have an RP in a known universe like the DC universe I know I'd rather put a twist on someone in that universe than make someone new.

If your using new character you might as well just make a new universe.

Guest:

SomeBritishDude:

I personally enjoy both. But your going to have an RP in a known universe like the DC universe I know I'd rather put a twist on someone in that universe than make someone new.

I realized that my original plan was actually quite boring, and took some time to think it over.

I think I know the problem: The initial loadout shouldn't be building designers, they should be city planners. We'll let the NPC engineers come up with the cool building ideas, the players simply have to plot out a blueprint for the city as a whole.

The challenge comes from balancing an optimal infrastructure for dealing with invasion, flooding, wildlife (I'm rethinking the planet as well), sabotage and potential rebellion, as well as happiness and resources.

I'm putting together an undead apocalypse game. Here's a banner (that I'll end up changing).

Would anyone be interested in this?

Asclepion:
I'm putting together an undead apocalypse game. Here's a banner (that I'll end up changing).

A zombie game?

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

A zombie game?

Zombie/mutated infectious monster. The premise is that our holdup on Airstrip One (formerly great britain) has been contacted by a group of about 10,000 survivors in Panama, so we're sent in a submarine as reconnaissance.

The infected are semi-hiveminded, individually mindless but capable of strategy on a massive scale.

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

A zombie game?

Zombie/mutated infectious monster. The premise is that our holdup on Airstrip One (formerly great britain) has been contacted by a group of about 10,000 survivors in Panama, so we're sent in a submarine as reconnaissance.

The zombies are semi-hiveminded, individually mindless but capable of strategy on a massive scale.

I've tried to GM one of those. Fell through my fingers.
I hope you can do better.

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

A zombie game?

The zombies are semi-hiveminded, individually mindless but capable of strategy on a massive scale.

What happened?

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

What happened?

Didn't set up a proper goal at first, split the group, tried to force a plot on one of the players.
If this is a Zombie Apocalypse game, make sure that besides the plot, there are also the zombies pushing you to move onward. I advise you to not accept people with military, police or any background that relates to firearms. It's much better to have them vulnerable than to act all badass and shoot all of the zombies.
Try and play a dice when they attempt to shoot a zombie. Don't always make them win. It makes the game predictable.

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

What happened?

Didn't set up a proper goal at first, split the group, tried to force a plot on one of the players.
If this is a Zombie Apocalypse game, make sure that besides the plot, there are also the zombies pushing you to move onward. I advise you to not accept people with military, police or any background that relates to firearms. It's much better to have them vulnerable than to act all badass and shoot all of the zombies.
Try and play a dice when they attempt to shoot a zombie. Don't always make them win. It makes the game predictable.

My thought was to let them be badass, but have the enemy be more threatening to compensate. A hive mind could direct infected at large scale, forcing the players to plan and act covertly- if even a single infected follows them back, they'll be swarmed.

I'm also varying the enemies the virus creates, so you might face a winged zombie or an infected scorpion the size of a train.

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

What happened?

My thought was to let them be badass, but have the enemy be more threatening to compensate. A hive mind could direct infected at large scale, forcing the players to plan and act covertly- if even a single infected follows them back, they'll be swarmed.

I'm also varying the enemies the virus creates, so you might face a winged zombie or an infected scorpion the size of a train.

You want a Resident Evil Rp, don't you?
Fine, good luck with that.

TheIronRuler:

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

You want a Resident Evil Rp, don't you?
Fine, good luck with that.

I just want to know if people will sign up. :U

anyone up for a reboot of this?
Voyage of the lost fleet.

mcpop9:

I didn't like it t begin with. An unholy abomination of lore and misconception.
On the other hand, you have this - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.335676-Rigor-Mortis-The-life-after-death-RP-Interest-Thread#13552519

TheIronRuler:

mcpop9:

On the other hand, you have this - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.335676-Rigor-Mortis-The-life-after-death-RP-Interest-Thread#13552519

it died because sgt wasn't ready for the massive amount of lore involved with it along with the magnitude of the idea. I wanted to reboot it give myself another shot at gm'ing something.

mcpop9:

TheIronRuler:

mcpop9:

it died because sgt wasn't ready for the massive amount of lore involved with it along with the magnitude of the idea. I wanted to reboot it give myself another shot at gm'ing something.

Then do it. You don't need anyone's permission.

Asclepion:

mcpop9:

Then do it. You don't need anyone's permission.

i just want to know if theres large enough intrest to start it. not going to clog the forum just to have the idea die.

EDIT: Eh, if you call they will come: starting it.

Hey, TheIronRuler. I have a question about your Madagascar, Jews, Espionage RP. Would the Jews we play as be doing missions at night and then go back to work in the morning, or would they have already escaped and have set up a base of some sorts?

Grim327:
Hey, TheIronRuler. I have a question about your Madagascar, Jews, Espionage RP. Would the Jews we play as be doing missions at night and then go back to work in the morning, or would they have already escaped and have set up a base of some sorts?

No, because they aren't from the same place but I must keep you together.
They are a part of the resistance, which is an illegal organization that masquerades as an educational one, thus is has many schools in all of the different cities and has many ties with the community. You assemble together as local leaders or simply representatives of your local towns and villages in an ordinary meeting of the organization. Then you receive news that most of the garrison is leaving to the coat due to some events in the mainland. You learn that the Fuhrer is dead and hadn't left an heir, which gives you an opportunity to execute the plan of the organization to throw the Nazis off and achieve independence.
then your objective is to travel to the summit of rabbis and convince the heads of religion to back up your struggle. Afterwards you'll have to speak with the major community leaders, the Yuudenrat of the major cities and try to convince them to join forces. Some are already supporting the fight and will begin the production of arms in secret or anything else they can do to hamper the progress of the Nazis, while other will need convincing. Expect to be fugitives at some point and have familiar faces pop in and pay their respects, all depending on your previous actions (helped them remove an abusive officer, free someone's daughter, collect a debt from an officer, etc).

"Expect to be fugitives at some point and have familiar faces pop in and pay their respects, all depending on your previous actions (helped them remove an abusive officer, free someone's daughter, collect a debt from an officer, etc)."

Judging from that sentence, I'm guessing there is a small moral choice system? For instance, "Do I save this VIP's daughter to earn his respect or do I save this group of people that can't do much but be resistance fighters?" You know, choose one action over the other, and have consequences for those actions you did or did not do.

Grim327:
"Expect to be fugitives at some point and have familiar faces pop in and pay their respects, all depending on your previous actions (helped them remove an abusive officer, free someone's daughter, collect a debt from an officer, etc)."

Judging from that sentence, I'm guessing there is a small moral choice system? For instance, "Do I save this VIP's daughter to earn his respect or do I save this group of people that can't do much but be resistance fighters?" You know, choose one action over the other, and have consequences for those actions you did or did not do.

Of course. Like I said earlier, the Nazis will introduce Collective Punishment into the mix. You screw with their supply lines, kill a soldier, destroy a storehouse... If they won' t find the culprit, they will do something to the nearby town to scare others not to help teh resistance. Think of mass executions.
Dude, I've seen a scene in a movie, one of my favorites -
A Jewish man in a camp is about to be executed. He's escorted to the side with an officer and two other soldiers. The soldiers begin to talk about a cabaret show they saw and the officer comments, then they stop and tell the Jew to kneel. They continue to talk and the officer pulls out his pistol and aims at at the Jews' head. He notes that the soldiers should be careful to not get any blood on their clothes or shoes. He then shoots. The Jew isn't dead yet. There aren't any bullets in the pistol. The officer begins to search his person for any bullets for his pistol while the soldiers chuckle at the situation. He then asks them to look for any bullets they might be carrying suitable for the gun. One of them suggests they should just leave the Jew and go. The the officer finds a full clip. He loads the gun, and bang.
Dead.
That man can die because of your actions. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to fight fo your Faith, for your Freedom, for your Independence?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked