The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 27 NEXT

Evrant:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Just a heads up, due to the miner hitting her across head and causing her to bleed, Caedis is in some shape and form a rage mode.

I had this planned if ever she has blood(especially her own) in her eyes and is in combat. Basically Caedis is gonna be difficult to talk to and difficult to calm down but otherwise she will calm down eventually and pass out. Combat-wise, Caedis is going to be more feral than rely on form and thanks to her training she will be hard to take down but its nothing another bonk on the head will do.

Tell me if that was a bit OP and I only plan on having this happen rarely.

Does sound a little over powered. Can't there be something, that makes her snap to her senses.

Like a shock to her system for example?

Yeah that can work also

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Just a heads up, due to the miner hitting her across head and causing her to bleed, Caedis is in some shape and form a rage mode.

I had this planned if ever she has blood(especially her own) in her eyes and is in combat. Basically Caedis is gonna be difficult to talk to and difficult to calm down but otherwise she will calm down eventually and pass out. Combat-wise, Caedis is going to be more feral than rely on form and thanks to her training she will be hard to take down but its nothing another bonk on the head will do.

Tell me if that was a bit OP and I only plan on having this happen rarely.

Evrant:
Does sound a little over powered. Can't there be something, that makes her snap to her senses.

Seems fine to me - blood rage will do that to you - I do agree with Evrant about the shock to the system bit.

Just try not to kill the party; I like surviving thanks.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Evrant:

Yeah that can work also

Hmm, but what could we use to bring her out of this mindless blood rage? Any suggestions from people?

We could be dull, and simply shock (i.e hit Caedis with lightning) her, but would we rather have something, she didn't expect.

Evrant:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Evrant:

Yeah that can work also

Hmm, but what could we use to bring her out of this mindless blood rage? Any suggestions from people?

We could be dull, and simply shock (i.e hit Caedis with lightning) her, but would we rather have something, she didn't expect.

We could give her a beer - seems to be her thing ^_^

Edit: It's even a depressant!

hiei82:

Hmm, maybe, but that plan has two simple drawbacks:

One: We don't have any beer
Two: Where are we going to find beer in a place like this? In the middle of a battle.

No, it would have to be something done by the someone, or some people of the group, that she wouldn't anticipate them doing.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Two: Where are we going to find beer in a place like this? In the middle of a battle.

No, it would have to be something done by the someone, or some people of the group, that she wouldn't anticipate them doing.

that was a joke...

hiei82:

Evrant:

hiei82:

that was a joke...

I realised that, just fancied pointing out the futility of the plan.

Guess we can solve the "Caedis Smash" problem, when we come to it.

Evrant:
snip

No offense intended, but it's much less OP than your Reaper form.

She could just come to her senses after she exhausts herself, since she's not longer looking for controlled strikes, but more angry, random swipes, she'll tire much more quickly. Or if she sees one of us. Or take Framed's comment about a "bonk on the head" a bit more literally than what I think was intended.

Redryhno:

Evrant:
snip

She could just come to her senses after she exhausts herself, since she's not longer looking for controlled strikes, but more angry, random swipes, she'll tire much more quickly. Or if she sees one of us. Or take Framed's comment about a "bonk on the head" a bit more literally than what I think was intended.

None taken, besides, with this being his first full time as a Reaper, he is going to be a little over powered than what he actually is capable of.

This is the second time he's become Reaper though isn't it? Or was his little bout with Calgradni simply a prelude?

Redryhno:
This is the second time he's become Reaper though isn't it? Or was his little bout with Calgradni simply a prelude?

Merely a prelude. The time with Calgradni, he had only gained that form, so didn't know how those powers, interlinked with his own. Now that he has a better sense of things, he stronger.

Redryhno:

Evrant:
snip

Crazy things going up in here, as for the bonk on the head, pretty sure Cecilia can supply that.

As for everything else going on Da-am and everything.

Also yay Asc is back.

Redryhno:

Evrant:
snip

Seriously. When I read

Evrant:

Does sound a little over powered.

that, I couldn't believe my eyes. Caedis has nothing special about her, no magic, no tech, and you say something that could literally happen in real life is OP. And of all people, you say it's OP, the one with most powers at the moment. Just, wow.

Mind you, I mean no offense, simply wanted to point out how flabbergasted I was.

NastoK:

Redryhno:

Evrant:
snip

Seriously. When I read

Evrant:

Does sound a little over powered.

that, I couldn't believe my eyes. Caedis has nothing special about her, no magic, no tech, and you say something that could literally happen in real life is OP. And of all people, you say it's OP, the one with most powers at the moment. Just, wow.

Mind you, I mean no offense, simply wanted to point out how flabbergasted I was.

Does everything I say annoy you in some way Nastok. Would you be much happier if I simply killed my character off. I didn't mean what I said when I mentioned that Caedis rage thing was overpowered. Just had alot of things on my mind when I wrote that. Besides, with it being his first full time as a Reaper, and has full control over his abilities, he probably will be over powered for a bit.

But don't blow a fuse, he will be not as strong the next time.

Edit: Also, in regards to your post, I think there is only five miners in total.

Evrant:
[quote="NastoK" post="540.360793.14534183"][quote="Redryhno" post="540.360793.14530847"]
Does everything I say annoy you in some way Nastok. Would you be much happier if I simply killed my character off. I didn't mean what I said when I mentioned that Caedis rage thing was overpowered. Just had alot of things on my mind when I wrote that.

Edit: Also, in regards to your post, I think there is only five miners in total.

Not everything, no :]

Like I said, no offense meant, though it you absolutely must feel offended, I won't stop you. I regularly bicker with my friends about things such as this, and it's all lighthearted. You say you didn't mean it, and that's fine, but you have to admit it was funny, ironic, and dumbfounding coming from you.

As for the miners, Atticus mentioned in his post that more were coming out of the ground.

EDIT: Oh, and it's NastoK, not Nastok. With a big K :3 was trying to be funny here

Sorry if this confusion is partially my fault...

NastoK:

Evrant:
[quote="NastoK" post="540.360793.14534183"][quote="Redryhno" post="540.360793.14530847"]
Does everything I say annoy you in some way Nastok. Would you be much happier if I simply killed my character off. I didn't mean what I said when I mentioned that Caedis rage thing was overpowered. Just had alot of things on my mind when I wrote that.

Not everything, no :]

Like I said, no offense meant, though it you absolutely must feel offended, I won't stop you. I regularly bicker with my friends about things such as this, and it's all lighthearted. You say you didn't mean it, and that's fine, but you have to admit it was funny, ironic, and dumbfounding coming from you.

As for the miners, Atticus mentioned in his post that more were coming out of the ground.

EDIT: Oh, and it's NastoK, not Nastok. With a big K :3 was trying to be funny here

Apology accepted. I'm not trying to make him overpowered. Just I felt as though nothing overly interesting was going on with my character, so I decided to do something sporadic is all.

In any case, lets just get this show rolling.

Evrant:

Apology accepted. I'm not trying to make him overpowered. Just I felt as though nothing overly interesting was going on with my character, so I decided to do something sporadic is all.

In any case, lets just get this show rolling.

Not exactly sure it was an apology...

In regards to how interesting your character is, should he really ever be interesting? I mean, with his reaper thing-a-ma-bob, should he really try to pull a batman?

TheNaut131:

Sorry if this confusion is partially my fault...

Funny, when I watched it, the only things to pop up in recommended videos was tourettes dad stuff... kind of a mixed message there...

Redryhno:

In regards to how interesting your character is, should he really ever be interesting? I mean, with his reaper thing-a-ma-bob, should he really try to pull a batman?

What I meant was, that nothing interesting was happening to him, up until that point in the story (just before Calgradni fight). He'd mainly being acting as support, and helping people out. I may as well just let the whole reaper aspect of his character die, since it caused problems. Or at least, have him not use it for a while.

Evrant:

What I meant was, that nothing interesting was happening to him, up until that point in the story (just before Calgradni fight). He'd mainly being acting as support, and helping people out. I may as well just let the whole reaper aspect of his character die, since it caused problems.

There you go overreacting again, I didn't say "get rid of the reaper thing", nor did I mean to imply it, the thing will cause problems, yes, but we'll DEAL WITH IT, just so long as the guy doesn't turn into SuperWonderfulFantasticImmortalHermaphrodite.

I've got an idea in the works that won't go into play until my level for a few of the characters that has the chance of making them OP, if they roleplay it right and if they figure out how powerful it can be.

I'm not planning for him to go Reaper mode for a while. Hope that doesn't effect your plan Redryhno.

Whether he does or not won't really have that much effect on the story, I've already thought of what can go wrong with it and will change accordingly. It'll have a few possible endings, and a few different rewards depending on who you do and don't screw over.

Redryhno:
Whether he does or not won't really have that much effect on the story, I've already thought of what can go wrong with it and will change accordingly. It'll have a few possible endings, and a few different rewards depending on who you do and don't screw over.

Does this mean for everyone and there actions or just on the NPC side of things and how you react?

Raynoson:

Does this mean for everyone and their actions or just on the NPC side of things and how you react?

Everything will depend on the character's choices.

hiei82:
snip

Viking Incognito:
The young seraphim briefly wondered why the flame didn't hurt him, but his train of thought was broken by the miner's claws cutting into his face. He could feel his left eye being punctured, and he screamed out.

It seems somehow odd that Faunra would miss such a wound. I mean, he is presumably missing an eye. You might want to do something about that.

NastoK:

hiei82:
snip

Viking Incognito:
The young seraphim briefly wondered why the flame didn't hurt him, but his train of thought was broken by the miner's claws cutting into his face. He could feel his left eye being punctured, and he screamed out.

It seems somehow odd that Faunra would miss such a wound. I mean, he is presumably missing an eye. You might want to do something about that.

Good catch. Thanks

hiei82:
Good catch. Thanks

Not a problem. I seem to have a knack of remembering details. Let's hope It doesn't go away.

NastoK:

Not a problem. I seem to have a knack of remembering details. Let's hope It doesn't go away.

Damn golems, always helping people keep their shredded eyes somewhere near their heads...

NastoK:

hiei82:
Good catch. Thanks

And edit complete. Thanks again

Sorry if I'm sorta...not moving things forward. I'm at this Mother's Day party thing and this isn't my computer. This isn't even a computer, it's a phone.

So yeah, I'll try to get on later tonight. For now just...roleplay.

I'm losing the ability to keep up. D:
I'm going to start a new game. Is there anything you guys want, or should I wait a while?

Asclepion:
I'm going to start a new game. Is there anything you guys want, or should I wait a while?

If you did that, then everything we accomplished so far, would be for naught.

Evrant:

Asclepion:

I think he means starting a new game while this one continues without him (though I could be reading it wrong)

Edit:

Asclepion:

Evangelion 2.0? I'd like to play a character that's not a misanthropic mad scientist (I plan on cutting at least one of those words...)

seriously though, that game was a masterpiece.

Edit: Edit: A wild appropriate music appears (I posted the edit and Komm, Susser Todd started playing)

hiei82:

Evrant:

Asclepion:

I think he means starting a new game while this one continues without him (though I could be reading it wrong)

Edit:

Asclepion:

Evangelion 2.0? I'd like to play a character that's not a misanthropic mad scientist (I plan on cutting at least one of those words...)

seriously though, that game was a masterpiece.

Edit: Edit: A wild appropriate music appears (I posted the edit and Komm, Susser Todd started playing)

Evangelion: 2.0 You can (not) sign up :)

Everyone made the game great. I've seen incredible games on /tg/ as well. The big thing is just putting effort into it. You can pretty easily tell when effort is put into creating a game, and it saddens me that this forum doesn't have some kind of quality control.

With another Evangelion game, I don't know if there's any further direction to go. All the basic Eva tropes were there:

- Mankind facing extinction from incomprehensible beings that have a deep connection with life on Earth and are so powerful that humans have utterly no chance against them.
- A global organization faces outside threat while also suffers internal power struggle.
- Hypercompetent children and their relationships with the adults.
- Will, the soul, and what japanese people think christianity is.

I could make more Angels and set it in a different country, but I have a suspicion that we would be treading the same ground. But if more people come in, and that's what everyone wants, then sure. I'll probably do it sometime anyway.

---

I wanted to see how a Culture game would work. It's a setting that I adore. What I liked about Banks (besides that it was the author's version of a perfect society, and on some level I long to live in the Culture the way other people want to live on Pandora) is that it actually feels like an advanced society, in a way I haven't really seen much elsewhere.

"Pop" science fiction has spaceships and robots and everything, but the thinking behind it doesn't seem to have changed. People still act the way they do on 21st century Earth. Often the writers don't put thought into the implications of the setting.

I mean, Halo is in the 26th Century, yet humans are still using ammo types from 500 years ago. In the 16th Century, the most powerful weapon was the cannon, which could put a good size hole in a castle wall. In the 21st Century the most powerful weapon is the hydrogen bomb, which can put a good size hole in the planet. In Star Wars, ships fire at each other from like 1000 feet away while humans in fighters dart in and around them like some space version of a WWII naval battle.

Compare the Culture. Culture ships are controlled by AIs that are millions of times more intelligent than a human, so that they make humans look as dumb as fucking insects. The ships have picosecond reaction times (entire battles take place on millisecond scales, with the individual actions taking nanoseconds) and weapon ranges in the trillions of kilometers. They can wreck planets by braking too hard. Ships are able to attack from FTL hyperspace where it is impervious to enemy counterattack. Force fields can be used to reflect, trap or weaken incoming attacks, and GSVs have a system known as "Trapdoor" for dealing with internal explosions. The Trapdoor system transports any unwanted energy straight into hyperspace where it can dissipate harmlessly. Thus it is impossible to use any conventional energy weapons to kill a GSV. GCUs in the Culture-Idiran war used the tactic of hiding inside stars to escape detection. Effectors- electromagnetic manipulation technology- are able to overload or suck energy from a target, read information from, and rewire it (whether reprogramming a computer or altering the electric impulses of an organic brain) from 2,500 lightyears and have no real defense except being faster than your opponent. Displacers teleport miniature black holes and collapsed antimatter bombs into targets (and can perform tens of thousands of operations per second). Sensors are capable of detecting any energy or mass in a radius of 2,000 lightyears by their hyperspace echo.

And it's not just the ships- it's the whole society; the way they think, their language, the lack of laws, the absence of money, the way they interact with other species- it all just gives the sense of a civilization far more advanced than anything on Earth, and not just the same human social conventions, except in space.

---

Or I could just do fucking zombies like everyone else :P

Asclepion:
snip

ZOOOOMMMMBIIIEEESSS!!!

Serisously though, I wasn't in the Evangelion RP, and I've no clue how good it was, nor is there anything more to milk from it for a would-be Evangelion 2.0, nor have I watched the show, so I'd feel somewhat lost in it probably.

Pretty much the same could possibly be said with Culture. I haven't read the book, and though you're description seems passionate and interesting, I feel as if I'd be lost in the tech, and ever so paranoid of getting brainwashed/killed/somethingelse from lightyears away. Which might be an interesting character, now that I put some thought into it.

That's why I said zombies, as they're always simple.

So

Evangelion - rather not
    Culture - could be fun
    Zombies - should be fun

Culture or zombies for me.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked