One Hell of a Family [dead] (thanks you to everyone who played im sorry im a terrible dm)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Theon looked to enjoy himself during the first half of the dance until his friend started working on his little plan.

He signals his friend.
"What are you planning?"
His friend laughs and says back.
"You will see."
I wonder what he is up to?

The music stops after the song is finished. And all the color disappeared from Theon's face as he finally understood what he was doing.
"No please don't do that stop!"
Theon signals in panic.
"Guess it comes down to a tie breaker."
His friend only laughed back at him with an devious looking smile. And put on the next song.
Theon quickly looked back at her and said.
"Yeah guess so."
That scumbag!

The songs starts playing and it is an song meant for couples.
Theon just stands there looking really embarrassed. He just asks.
"So will you lead or should I?"

"So will you lead or should I?" Theon said, throwing the annoyance he felt at his so-called friend to the wind. Terra just laughed a little, enjoying the look of terror on his face. She was about to start the dance, when the plan appeared in her mind - and how good of a plan it was.

"I'll lead." she said, a devious smile on her face to rival that of the DJ's. She promptly took the young shifters hand and dragged him out onto the dance floor. This time however, they did not stop and dance, but continued moving until they arrived at the rest of their dancing group.

With a quick flourish, skilled enough to break their tie if she had a say in it, she spun the young shifter from her and toward the dampire, currently with Eric. The two collided with a crash, unexpected by both parties. Then, Terra explained herself. "Hey Seras, this isn't really my kind of music, can you handle this dancing fool for me?", her devilish smile now matching the most evil of demons.

Despite her look, her plan was a bit kinder. She had sensed, however briefly, when Theon had asked her to dance, the anguish her oldest friend had felt. It only seemed fair to make the move - Seras and Theon were dear friends, she wouldn't want either of them unhappy on prom night. She gave a knowing look at Seras, one that said "you're welcome", and then made her goodbyes.

"I'm going to hit up the punch and see how... oh what was her name... Helena is doing. Care to join me Eric?" she said, turning her back to the group, laughing a little bit inside.

Something something nihilism and whininess... "What's the point?"

"Maybe there isn't one maybe people just enjoy it."
Helena was curious about this competition of hers; he knew her name which was surprising.
"So have you been in business long?"

"So have you been in business long?"

"if you say so. But back with my family the closest thing that came to something like this was when a shaft struck a new vein. The only reason I came tonight was business, which from the looks of it, has been very profitable already. As for how long I've been doing this, I'd say from about the time I moved here, so...three years?

He took off his sunglasses again, and hung them from his shadow coat.

"Speaking of business, another reason I came here tonight was you. To propose a partnership, or at least an agreement of sorts. We both know you've got the structure already made up, but I know how to make the best. I've stayed away from your markets, but that was professional courtesy, and now that school's about over with, neither of us can depend on just ourselves. I've got plans for expansion, and I'd be surprised if you didn't. The bigger fish aren't going to like anyone moving in on their business, and I have no intention of working in the dumps the rest of my life for some pencil pusher to get the profits off my designs. Fifty-fifty split, find me if you wanna talk. But for now, it looks like whats-her-name...Terra, is coming back this way and is waving at you, so you should probably talk to her."

He began walking towards the floor, as much as he stood out, he wasn't worried about being picked out, since if it did happen, it would happen and there wasn't alot he would be able to do about it. He was still technically human after all. The slow song had ended, replaced by something that the strobe lights blinked in sync with. He found an area that was both light and shadow and began "dancing", most of it was just jumping from shadow to shadow in different poses to the enjoyment of the crowd.

...I'm going to hit up the punch and see how... oh what was her name... Helena is doing. Care to join me Eric?" she said, turning her back to the group, laughing a little bit inside.

Eric was surprised that he was keeping up with Seras. His ear usually failed to.pick up the beat but somehow he was moving and grooming in time with the dhampir. The song finished and its fast thumping beat was replaced by a soft melody. Before Eric even registered the change he saw the shapeshifter Theon come throttling at him and Seras. Breaking from his dance partner he whirled around and caught Theon and propped him back on his feet.

"There ya go man. And sure Terra that sounds like a plan. Lets leave these two to the moment"
Eric replied catching onto Terra's scheme.

Seras was surprisingly enjoying her dance with Eric. They both managed to keep up in time with the songs fast, upbeat rhythm. All that changed, when the song became a soft, sombre tune, best reserved the couples and/or other romantic situations. She calmly looked at him, her cheeks slightly blushed.

"Well Eric, this is certai-" She was interupted, when Terra came crashing through into the couple, bringing Theon along with her. Eric had managed to catch Theon who was about to fall, and Seras caught Terra. After everyone got readjusted to the situation, Terra spoke.

"Hey Seras, this isn't really my kind of music, can you handle this dancing fool for me?" She asked, gesturing towards Theon, and giving off a rather devilish grin.

"Umm... umm... of course, why not, it'll be fun." Seras replied with, stuttering at first before regaining her composure. She then started to walk towards Theon, taking him by the hand.

"I'm going to hit up the punch and see how... oh what was her name... Helena is doing. Care to join me Eric?" she said, turning her back to the group, laughing a little bit inside. Eric had apparently caught on to Terra's little plan.

"-And sure Terra that sounds like a plan. Lets leave these two to the moment." He said, walking off with Terra to go grab some punch. Seras and Theon, then began to slowly dance to the soft rhythm, a smile appearing on her face. She then spoke quietly to Theon.

"Well, this is certainly nice, isn't it?"

"There ya go man. And sure Terra that sounds like a plan. Lets leave these two to the moment"
"Thanks man for catching me"
A confused Theon said.
What just happened. Whatever.

"Umm... umm... of course, why not, it'll be fun."
Did I just switch dance partner? Okay then.
Theon was grabbed by the hand and was pulled into a slow dance. He began to dance with her.
It's is only a bit awkward that she is taller then me..

"Well, this is certainly nice, isn't it?"
Seras whispered. Theon was a bit confused and a bit embarrassed he had never dance with a girl like this.
"This is really nice."
Theon whispered back slowly dancing with her. A big smile appeared on his face.
She smells really nice..That sounded creepy.

He began to grow and became just as tall as she was.
He whisperd.
"So do you want to..um dance with me to the next song too?"

A punch bowl
Helena noticed other people joining her.
"So how goes the dance?
Also that punch bowl."
She indicated the one in the middle.
"I'd avoid that one."

"So do you want to..um dance with me to the next song too?" Theon had asked in a whisper, as he grew in height to accommodate the difference between him and Seras, which was around three inches, not much, but it would certainly be noticeable. Seras then gave out a slight giggle, expressing her choice.

"Of course Theon, I'd be delighted to." Seras replied with, as the music changed once more. Strobe lights went on and off in time to the music, which seemed to have a more upbeat feel to it. Every so often, she could catch a brief glimpse of that shadowy character, the one that was talking to Helena earlier. From what she could remember, Thomas was in the drug trade also. Seras decided to just simply focus on the dancing.

She giggled at Theon becoming taller to meet her own height.
I had hoped she wouldn't notice well it doesn't matter anyway. Not right now.

"Of course Theon, I'd be delighted to."
She would? wow today must be my lucky day this is the second woman who wants to dance with me.
That has never happened before.

"Thank you very much for doing me that honor."
Theon keeps smiling.

The song changes and Seras begins dancing to the new song.
She is a good dancer. But lucky for me she isn't such a good dancer as Terra.
Or she is holding in for me, that would make just as much sense.

Theon also begins dancing to the new song dancing almost as good as Seras.

Eric playfully bumped Terra with his shoulder.

"Thanks for launching the boy with a million faces at me. I suppose I deserved that though. I'm sorry again about the whole reading your mind. I was only looking for recognition on the surface. I'm a lot more awkward then I let on sometimes."

Eric cast his eyes downward and bowed his head softly. They spotted Helena at the punch-bowl an
strode over.

"So how goes the dance?
Also that punch bowl."
She indicated the one in the middle.
"I'd avoid that one."

"Aiyo, I'm Eric. And thanks for the tip"

...I'm a lot more awkward then I let on sometimes." Eric said as they crossed the room, bumping into her playfully, his head bowed in embarrassment toward the end of the sentience. Terra decided she also owed an apology, so she continued in much the same fashion Eric had.

"Yeah... sorry about interrupting your dance; I promise to make it up to you later. I just noticed Seras was disappointed Theon didn't ask her to dance." she said as the moved toward the punch. After a long pause she added, "I'm not mad about the telepathy thing, but please don't do it again. There are things I... like to keep to myself." The conversation would likely have continued had they not arrived at the punch bowl.

"So how goes the dance?" Helena inquired as the pair of them approached. Terra smiled and answered "Pretty good. You should join us; it's a lot of fun." She figured the woman didn't want to, but she saw no harm in trying to convince her.

"Also that punch bowl." Helena continued, indicating the one in the middle. "I'd avoid that one." she finished, giving the two of them a knowing look. "Aiyo, I'm Eric. And thanks for the tip" Eric interjected, introducing himself and thanking her for the heads up. Terra decided to add her own gratitude, then asked a simple question "Thomas?" she asked indicating the punch, inquiring who the culprit was. Looking around, she couldn't see Thomas, but she supposed that was a given for a living shadow.

dismissing the thoughts, she decided to try and strike up a conversation with the reptilian woman. "So Helena; how do you know Theon?" she asked, she she presumed to be an innocent enough question.

"Me and him met in the woods a few weeks back, we just sort of talked about stuff.
So what kind of creature are you? Not often you see wings around here apart from harpies and you don't look anything like a harpy."

"So what kind of creature are you? Not often you see wings around here apart from harpies and you don't look anything like a harpy." Helena asked. It seemed a fair question, supposing Succubi were a little on the rare side.

"I'm a Succubus" she answered. "You know, "tempters of men" and all that." she finished, letting the answer slide off as unimportant as she tried not to think about how bad of a
Succubus she was.

"What about you?" Terra asked, genuinely curious - not recognizing her form even with all the books she had read.

"I'm a lot of things; my family has a very rich history. Mostly it's siren and gorgon though I'm not exactly from this part of town."
She was still covered up apart from her arms.
"The real surprise is under my headscarf and mask. But I wouldn't recommend looking. They're sleeping at the moment."

..."The real surprise is under my headscarf and mask. But I wouldn't recommend looking. They're sleeping at the moment."

"Wow, Gorgon. So are you descended from Stentho or Euryale?" Eric said tilting his head to the side.

Eric picked up a cup and poured punch from one of the alternative bowls. He snatched up a second cup and gestured to both Helena and Terra.

"Punch anyone?"

"Well of course like I said it's an interesting family. Then again that part was on my father's side.
Shame about the wings guess you can't have it all.
So you know of part of some of my people. For this place I'm impressed. I shouldn't have to warn you what you'll see under my hood then."

"Punch anyone?" Eric asked. Terra smiled and nodded saying "That would be kind, thanks." returning her attention to the now self-identified Gorgon/Siren hybrid, she chimed in. "Must be one strange family reunion huh. So are you actually from Greece or just descended? If so, maybe you could give me some travel tips; I've always wanted to visit Greece - see the sights, try the food, have a fling with a Minotaur; the usual." She said, the last part in jest - never have a fling with a minotaur, getting out of the relationship is a convoluted labyrinth of emotions.

Shame about the wings guess you can't have it all...

"Flying is just....awesome. But with such an interesting mix you got to have like a million and one abilities to make up for it."

"That would be kind, thanks."

Eric returned her smile as he poured the drink

"But of course, it is no problem madame" he replied, making a half-joking attempt at charm. He continued bobbing his head to the music as he sipped his drink.

"...never have a fling with a minotaur, getting out of the relationship is a convoluted labyrinth of emotions.

"Hah. You know a cousin of mine dated a minotaur once. She said he was always too bull-headed though"

Mentriri Morta was stuck in his car, a body in the trunk and scant anywhere to hide it. The blood had already been drained and with all the salt he kept back there, it was unlikely to smell, but still. He did not want to be caught, so he brought his car to an old parking garage known to have shit security. His phone had been ringing non stop for hours, but he had been busy getting dinner. He finally got time to look and it said "Ment, where the hell are you? Prom has started dude! Get over here."

Mentriri had little interest in showing to prom, but he figured why not end the year with a bang. Besides, now with a bit of blood running through his system, he was energetic as one could be. He got in his car and punched it all the way to prom.

As he opened the doors, the party had indeed already been started but he just would say he had shit to do or something. Drake, his less hilariously named friend and fellow vampire ran up to him. "Hey man, bout time you showed up. Did you bring a date? No? Sucks. Well, I am sure you will have a good time, me and bec sure will soon if you get my drift? Aha, see ya dude." Every time Drake opened his mouth, a piece of Mentriri died inside. Still, that guy was as dependable as it got when sex wasn't hung over him. Mentriri headed over to the punch bowl, saying hello to a bunch of people he knew, and some that apparently knew him.

"Minotaur's are pretty lame really they don't have much in terms of intelligence. They solved all their problems by smashing. No really sense of subtlety at all.
It's is pretty fun though when they try looking me in the face.
You ever seen a charging beast stop stone still and nearly fall over in the blink of the eye?
Cause it's a pretty awesome."

Seras was enjoying her dance with Theon, thanks to both of them being the same height, it meant that there was an unlikely chance that one of them would fall over. The song had once again changed, this time to a relaxing jazz tune, which had made the movements of all who were dancing, much more serene and graceful. She twirled Theon on the spot, then brought the two in close, which seemed to make the shape shifter blush a little.

"Take it your enjoying this as well then Theon?" Seras asked whilst giving a brief little smile.

Richard looked on from the corner of the room, sipping punch and eating a brownie in a suit that fit him very well. He didn't seem to have a date, although he didn't seem to mind. The suit was obviously not used very often, but well kept. He lazily scanned the other occupants of the room with his eyes, trying to see if he could spot anybody interesting. Prom was loud, he considered.

Theon enjoyed dancing with Seras as the were both the same height and were almost as good.
The song changed again and Theon was grabbed by the hand then spun around.
Wow this dance is amazing. Theon blushed as she brought him close to her.

"Take it your enjoying this as well then Theon?"
"Yes I am enjoying this allot. You are a really good dancer Seras."
Theon said with a smile still blushing a bit.

Kasten:
Richard looked on from the corner of the room, sipping punch and eating a brownie in a suit that fit him very well. He didn't seem to have a date, although he didn't seem to mind. The suit was obviously not used very often, but well kept. He lazily scanned the other occupants of the room with his eyes, trying to see if he could spot anybody interesting. Prom was loud, he considered.

Richard finished his snacks and hopped out of his lean to walk over and get more food, nodding greetings to people he passed on the way, and chuckling lowly at the blushing man with the tight dance Well well well,isn't somebody having a good time? Richard turned away and started gathering his desired foodstuffs.

"...Cause it's a pretty awesome."

"Remind me to not look you in the face then." Terra said, a little disturbed by the very morbid Gorgon. Feeling somewhat put off by how... first hand the sound of the minotaur thing was, and aware of the powers of sirens, Terra began to keep any eye and ear out for the tell-tale signs of manipulation; she valued her free will to heavily to risk otherwise.

Mentriri was now at the punch bowl, lazing around and wondering why he even showed up. There is a body in the trunk and I am too busy drinking half rate punch to dispose of it. Let's just hope nobody feels like going in to other people's cars tonight. The Daywalker did not feel like mingling much and bringing a girl home was out of the question considering his other guest. This was just to keep appearances as they were and maybe have fun, though the latter was seeming more and more distant.

Thomas vacated the dance floor when it changed back to a less energetic song. He arrived back at the snack table, right next to a...something. Most of these things still looked so much the same to him, despite the last three years in their presence. He nodded and just listened to Helena and the others talk, there wasn't much else to do and he had all the stuff he needed for his orders all ready back at his safehouse.

"There is a body in the trunk and I am too busy drinking half rate punch to dispose of it. Let's just hope nobody feels like going in to other people's cars tonight."

The thought appeared in Terra's mind, pouring in through the cracks in her defenses. It was hardly unusual for her to loose control of her powers and sense the thoughts of another - heck, her "empathy" was the result of her over-sensitive mind reading. What was unusual were the words. Normally, she would here about some worry of someone around her, about how high/drunk someone was last night, or some tale about who had shacked up with whom. hearing about bodies in trunks was a whole new experience, and she couldn't help but stare around trying to figure out who's thought it had been, shaken from the shear lack of compassion in the thoughts. This disturbance damaged the mental wall she kept around her, allowing the thoughts of those nearby to enter her mind, further damaging the wall.

Distracted from her thoughts, she muttered. "I need some air. I'll be back in a minute." to her current companions and headed for the nearest exit, desperately trying to regain her mental fortitude, clutching her head, trying to escape the crowd.

Richard glanced over to the girl fleeing the room interested, and took two icy cups of punch, jogging after her. Once he caught up he smiled and offered her one of the punches

"Hi. I'm Richard. You okay? You're running like one of the Devils is on your heels. "

Richard's thoughts wafted briefly over her prettiness, then seemed to be mostly honest curiosity, and some peripheral concern. She couldn't read any more then that, so he was apparently the owner of a strong mind, but he didn't block more than his own privacy, and was fairly open about his thoughts to her. Seemingly honest man.

"Hi. I'm Richard. You okay? You're running like one of the Devils is on your heels." the man asked, offering Terra a cup of punch. She looked at the man, now identified as Richard, with confusion for a moment before his comment fully registered. She sensed his thoughts, but they were buried in the torrent of thoughts she was running from, making them unidentifiable.

"I'm Terra, nice to meet you." she said, managing a smile before continuing. "Just a... headache; it's too loud. I'm going to grab some air. Care to join me?" she asked. After waiting for his response, she made her way out a side door and into the quiet, crowd free, night.

"Just a... headache; it's too loud. I'm going to grab some air. Care to join me?"

Richard nodded at the young woman and followed her "So you have good hearing then? That must be hellish to travel with." Richard's face looked distant for a second "Terra? Name related to the earth, that's interesting."

When Mentriri noticed Terra dart off in a panic after he thought to himself, he froze. He almost thought again but realized she would hear. Because she was not calling up the police, his hope was that she does not know who thought that. While it was true that Morta was as much as a manipulator as one could be, he was never comfortable with people being able to actually go ahead and read his mind. He finally calmed himself and drank his punch some more. Bottling up his emotions, he was good at but bottling up his thoughts would make him go mad. When Terra finally left he was fully back and let his thoughts race.

Okay Ment, just make it past this and dump the body in the junkyard maybe, that will work out. God damn I hate mind readers.

He wanted to leave, but with all the commotion and someone possibly on to his mid afternoon hunting sessions, it seemed to be a poor idea to storm out.

"So you have good hearing then? That must be hellish to travel with." Richard said, commenting on her "hearing." Terra shrugged at the comment. "Not particularly." she answered - an answer that was technically true for both hi question and his comment. Feeling as though she was being rude with such an abrupt answer, she decided to elaborate a little. "One of my abilities is mind reading. Most times it's under my control but sometimes I lose control. In crowds it can be... painful." After saying this, she closed her eyes, rebuilding her mental walls. A few seconds later, she opened them, confident her control had been restored.

"Terra? Name related to the earth, that's interesting." Richard continued, commenting on her name. "More ironic given the wings" Now that her mind was clear, she smiled at Richard, happy for the company. As she spoke, she stretched out her wings, shaking the tension from lack of movement off of them. In the Prom hall it had been too crowded to move them vary much, but outside it was a much easier task. "My parents have a thing for "T" names; "Terra" just happened to be on the list." As she said, this, an almost imperceptible frown appeared on her face - she hated thinking about her parents, especially on a night like this.

Wanting to shift the conversation away from her, she decided to ask a question of Richard. "Enough about me though, tell me about yourself. Do you normally run after girls, punch in hand?" she said, her smile returning to full force. Taking a quick look at it to confirm it was not bubbling, she took a sip of the offered beverage. When he finished his answer, she asked "So are you sure you should be out here with me? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have someone to talk to, but I bet your date is getting worried." she commented, trying to keep the man from getting in trouble with any potential lady-friends on prom night.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked