The Lucky Ones,A Superhero/Fantasy RP with an idea (Closed,Running.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

ProtoChimp:

Voukras:

It's up to you. Like I said, if you really want temporal rewind you will have to restrict your time travel to short voyages into the past. Stuff like dodging blows, using it as a social safety net (like accusing someone of a crime to see his reaction than rewinding time so that it appears nothing happened), being point man and checking if a zone is safe, rewinding if need be etc.

You would need to be careful to not travel back in time too much, or else you'll mess up the continuity of the posts and you should avoid inadvertently controlling another person's character when you travel back in time unless you specifically ask for their permission or get their input before posting (I'm talking about situations like interacting with a player's character in order to learn new information then rewind time so that apparently your interaction did not take place, this does not mess up post continuity but would constitute auto-ing). If you screw up what will probably happen is that your posts will get retconned or ignored and you will make us sad.

Inner Beast is an okay ability, you can pick it up instead of Temporal Rewind if you wish.

That does sound super interesting, but call me boring I just don't want to mess up my first rp, I'll stick with Beast. Although now I am torn, I'll probably be doing beast.

We discussed it and we've decided you can decide the terms of your inner beast. Don't abuse though 'kay?

TrilbyWill:

Like the idea, like it more if you expanded. Two paragraphs would be ideal. Also for ease of reading could you separate sections with lines?

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

We discussed it and we've decided you can decide the terms of your inner beast. Don't abuse though 'kay?

Oh, yay, I'll try and not make her overpowered.

Alright, fixed my post up a bit.

TrilbyWill:

Like the idea, like it more if you expanded. Two paragraphs would be ideal. Also for ease of reading could you separate sections with lines?

Okay. I'll have that done tomorrow.
Well, today... what with it being almost 1AM.

This is my first time doing any kind of roleplay so please be easy on me.

I hope this is good because I'm not a very good writer. Also it seems like I'm pretty much Aang with hair.

apollo278:
This is my first time doing any kind of roleplay so please be easy on me.

I hope this is good because I'm not a very good writer. Also it seems like I'm pretty much Aang with hair.

One sheet, as promised. Let me know how I've got on, keeping in mind that stuff is probably being added later on to those two 'lots of writing here' fields.

EDIT: I have updated this character sheet.

ZombieFanatic:

Please inform me if there is anything wrong with this character.

Two problems, otherwise all good.
1.The only Scions in this era so far are the players, so the old man would not have illusion abilities.
2.I would like you to do an actual physical description of human form.

Well, Sir House linked me, so I might as well make a sheet...

God damn it, another little girl? Anyone starting to feel like we're in a Strongbad animation? Who's going to be the ugly one?

EDIT: Added an appearance section.

I hope thats enough because I'm having a hard time thinking of more.

CloggedDonkey:

God damn it, another little girl? Anyone starting to feel like we're in a Strongbad animation? Who's going to be the ugly one?

I'm getting a real
"Teen Titans! GO!" vibe

I feel like i began a cascade of pre-pubescent character sheets, i corrupted the dice.

By the way! Long time no RP together Clogs!

EDIT: sorry apollo, i quoted you instead of clogs, still getting used to the new Escapist layout

CloggedDonkey:

if you have to ask, it's you :P...

probably Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon

Back from work and finished the character... think I got skipped. Hope he is up to par with the rest of ya.

okay done, sleeps now.
ugh, forgot appearance, i'll do that when i wake up, sleep first...

CloggedDonkey:

deli style jugga jigga wugga

Ahem, your sheet is good, real good.

apollo278:

I hope thats enough because I'm having a hard time thinking of more.

You're on the edge here. I'm sorry to say but you'll have to squeeze a bit more out of your imagination. You should try to expanding the sheet with another paragraph. Probably at background or providing more detailed appearance.

Also I'm going to have to nitpick a few spelling errors: tommorow -> tomorrow, especialy -> especially, Luckly -> Luckily, deciced -> decided, Apearence -> Appearance. It's minor thing, but having no errors is course preferable. Use a spellchecker with your browser, it does wonders.

SkullKing84:
Back from work and finished the character... think I got skipped. Hope he is up to par with the rest of ya.

Could use a bit of expanding as well. You've got some good text where it matters, such as additional information but overall it's a bit too short. You should try adding a bit more to either background or personality. Other than that the sheet looks ok.

Pandalisk:

okay done, sleeps now.
ugh, forgot appearance, i'll do that when i wake up, sleep first...

You should explain a bit more about how exactly transmuted beings such as the cat work. The character sheet is very decent overall. It sure has enough meat to it now.

It has been brought to my attention that I've caused a cock up: I forgot to add Appearance section to the sheet. I would like it if you added this sections and filled it in. Also only five players/sheets will be accepted into the RP (Not including myself and Voukras), and we will be selecting those by quality, rather than "First come, First served" basis.

I have a question about my power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Wendigo_Physiology (sorry, don't know how to link the other way). If I were to use my Possession ability, would that be a permanent or a temporary transfer (i.e. would my previous body die)?

ZombieFanatic:
I have a question about my power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Wendigo_Physiology (sorry, don't know how to link the other way). If I were to use my Possession ability, would that be a permanent or a temporary transfer (i.e. would my previous body die)?

I'm gonna say that possession is off your table of abilities, or if you use it it's a permanent transfer.

:D

Is it too late to sign up? I find this concept interesting and would like to join ^^

Hope everything is in order? :D

Voukras:

I've finished my sheet, as least I hope its good enough, but before I paste it into a post I was wondering if inner beast could include monster mimicry since it is part of its application and its essentially just an easier way to explain it.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Inner_Beast

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Mimicry

She transforms basically kinda like the a werewolf. Is that cool?

ProtoChimp:

Voukras:

I've finished my sheet, as least I hope its good enough, but before I paste it into a post I was wondering if inner beast could include monster mimicry since it is part of its application and its essentially just an easier way to explain it.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Inner_Beast

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Mimicry

She transforms basically kinda like the a werewolf. Is that cool?

I'm completely fine with that and I'm V is too, go ahead and past it in.

I've expanded a bit on the appearance and added the weapons he carries into the sheet.

Okay I got called into work before I could paste my character sheet, and I was too dumb not to save it so I had to rewrite it, sorry if its sloppy or anything not making sense.

Edit: I figured she'd have a a standard Tharblae club and whatever the standard guard armour is, forgive me I'm just really tired.

Sorry, I have another question. I see some people are re-posting their edited character sheets (I just edited mine and left it where it was), and I was wondering if I have to do that as well.

ZombieFanatic:
Sorry, I have another question. I see some people are re-posting their edited character sheets (I just edited mine and left it where it was), and I was wondering if I have to do that as well.

No it's fine.

From this point forward new character sheets are no longer accepted. Closed. You may improve your existing ones but that's it. We'll decide which of the sheets are the best and proceed with the RP in a couple of days or so. I wish we could take more people as some sheets are great, but 5 is the established number.

Never RP'd before but this one struck me as interesting (I am a sucker for dice/random generated stuff!)

Shame I missed my chance xD

I made a char sheet anyway just so I could roll dice :D

Have fun with it!

i'll finish the edit of my character tomorrow night or the day after, some stuff came up for tomorrow i gotta take care of!

Edited my character sheet. Changes include a slightly expanded backstory and some further clarification as to the extent and limits of his powers, as well as some general housekeeping.

Below are the winning sheets.

CloggedDonkey:

Arcanist:

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:

revolverwolf:

OniaPL:

F

I need you to do an opening post of your character in their natural environment being knocked out and captured by bandits, anyone who does not post in the next 2 days will be out of the RP and replaced by the runner up applicant.

He sat, cross-legged, in a field of ethereal grass. The form and shape of the ground around him shifted and twisted at the ebb and flow of his mind. It was still when his was clear, violent when not. Normally, the grass cut at his mind, constantly shifting at the borders of his consciousness, but not today.

Today, his meditation was silent. The grass laid still, his mind clear and and his purpose singular - to keep it that way.

"Garret."

The call seemed distant - shouted from a voice miles away. Garret paid it little heed and continued.

"Garret!"

This call was loud enough to jar his focus, though only briefly. After a quick spasm, the grass resettled.

"GARRET!"

At this, a flash of pain erupted at the back of his head, and all at once, he rejoined the material world, sitting, cross-legged, in a patch of very real grass.

"SON OF A... That hurt!"

"I wouldn't need to do that if you'd come when I call you." The man standing over him, the head monk Master Shen, in his late fifties and garbed in white robes, motioned for Garret to stand.

"I have an errand I'd like you to run in town." Garret visibly tensed at these words.

"In town? Uh..." He briefly cast his vision around the monastery courtyard, his eyes landing on a fellow monk. "Brother Tai doesn't seem busy. Why not send him?"

"Because I asked YOU do to it, not Brother Tai." Seeing Garret's growing distress, Shen sighed and put his hand on his shoulder. "Garret, I know it's hard, but you can't run from your problems forever. Consider it a part of your training."

Garret made a motion to protest, but realized the futility before he finished. With a resigned sigh, he asked, "What would you have me do, Master?"

"Just head into town and talk to Mordekai. He's just gotten in our shipment of ink and parchment, and I want you to inspect it before it's sent in."

"Yes, Master Shen. Consider it done." With a bow, he gathered his satchel and left the monastery, trekking down the dirt road that lead to town.

'Don't panic. DON'T PANIC. My meditation went well. If I focus, I can block it out.'

No sooner than he had that thought, however, and the familiar pall of dread began to creep into his mind. 'Deep breath, Garret. Block it out.' He paused briefly and centered himself, and relaxed as it left his mind.

However, as he returned to himself, he realized he wasn't even halfway to town. 'It doesn't normally start to come until I'm at the outskirts. That means...' Alarmed, he tensed himself and surveyed his surroundings frantically.

From the corner of his vision, he saw a club coming down on him. He dodged it with a step to the side, lunged forward at his assailant, and with a brief flourish, tore the club from his hands. With an equally swift swing, Garret slammed the club into the man's head, who feel the the ground, alive but unconscious.

"Impressive. I suppose the monks around here aren't as weak as we assumed." A bear of a man emerged from the shadows along the road, standing at least six feet tall with a large scar running down his massive arms. At his sides stood a dozen men, each armed with a weapon of some sort. They quickly rushed to surround Garret - he was trapped.

"Garret Josiah. Wanted in three counties down in Reaak. There's an awfully large bounty on your head, boy. More alive than dead, though, so I'd appreciate it if you'd come quietly."

"Did Emilio Bavvard send you?"

"So THAT'S the guy you pissed off. Nah, he didn't. But I'll say it again: Come quietly, or this'll get ugly."

"Fuck off."

The man sighed and motioned to the men immediately at his side. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

They charged at him - Both armed with spears - and Garret assumed his fighting stance. His prescience told him that they'd motion to surround him - and there wasn't much he could do against two armed opponents once they did.

He ran, twirled and dodged, moving as fast as he could to dodge the constant onslaught of thrusts and swipes. It continued until, in his growing exhaustion, his prescience overlooked a simple stone in the side of the road. As he slid to the side, Garrets' foot caught it, and he tumbled to the ground. No sooner than he was on the ground, he felt a boot stamp down on his back, knocking the wind out of him.

"Slippery little shit, aren't ya?"

Garret felt a dull blow to the back of his head, and the world around him went dark.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked