Star Brigade Relaunch (Interest Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2

hiei82:

Soviet Heavy:
snip

So when and how do we join?

I will send an invite to the user group to each of you. I have to work from Wednesday to Saturday and I will be away from the computer during that time, so you won't be able to join until I get back.

Don't worry however, with the way that the RP is going at the moment, it will be very easy to integrate you into the plot. When I get back on Saturday, I'll set things up. This just isn't a good week for me, since I've got a lot of stuff to work out in real life before my schedule goes back to normal.

I'll send the invites so you can see our user group and catch up on discussion tomorrow.

MortifiedPenguin:
Phew, that was a lot of reading. Anyway would it possible for my character to be a stowaway?

Possibly. Sorry I missed responding to this earlier. With the way things are going in the RP at the moment, a stowaway is possible.

Soviet Heavy:

MortifiedPenguin:
Phew, that was a lot of reading. Anyway would it possible for my character to be a stowaway?

Possibly. Sorry I missed responding to this earlier. With the way things are going in the RP at the moment, a stowaway is possible.

Great :)

I'll put up the sheet soon.

Asclepion:
Snip

hiei82:
Snip

alandavidson:
Snip

Fishtie:
Snip

Okay. Now that I have returned to my regular schedule, I will be able to put you into the RP. I sent each of you an invite to the User Group. If you haven't received an invite, let me know and I will send another one.

Soviet Heavy:

Okay. Now that I have returned to my regular schedule, I will be able to put you into the RP. I sent each of you an invite to the User Group. If you haven't received an invite, let me know and I will send another one.

Huzzah! I've been reading through the main thread a bit, trying to get caught up on everyone and everything that's going on.

alandavidson:

Soviet Heavy:

Huzzah! I've been reading through the main thread a bit, trying to get caught up on everyone and everything that's going on.

Have you received an invite from me yet? Yes or no.

Soviet Heavy:

alandavidson:

Soviet Heavy:

Yes, and accepted.

alandavidson:

Soviet Heavy:

alandavidson:

Yes, and accepted.

Very good. I'm gonna try and get a hold of the others and put you in as soon as possible.

Hey there, I'm still here as well in case you were wondering. Joined the user group too.

Fishtie:
Hey there, I'm still here as well in case you were wondering. Joined the user group too.

Good. Two more and then I can get you started.

I will put you into the RP tomorrow afternoon.

Soviet Heavy:

but how, we're part way through mission two?

Evrant:

Soviet Heavy:

but how, we're part way through mission two?

Not to worry. it will all work out.

Definitely looking to work with you all.

Though I realized that I'm going to need some more information. Considering the fact that my character has a very technical knowledge of stellar weaponry, I'm going to need at least a passing familiarity as well. Nothing super detailed, but I need a rough idea of the units involved.

As an example: Particle cannons are used for long ranged combat, but how long range are we talking here? Kilometers? Megameters? Astronomical Units? Is the range theoretically unlimited, bound only by your ability to acquire a target and account for outside aiming variables?

What about the rate of fire? Are we talking shots per second, minute, or hour? What's the damage output of a single shot? (megajoules are an acceptable unit, but so are city blocks)

Similar questions for the missiles. Are these big torpedoes or more of a mattress set up? Are any of the weapons on turrets, or are they fixed? Is the Star Brigade a relative pushover or armed to the teeth?

I don't need an entire digest, but it'll be embarrassing if my character starts to talk about what should be her area of expertise and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Fishtie:
Definitely looking to work with you all.

Though I realized that I'm going to need some more information. Considering the fact that my character has a very technical knowledge of stellar weaponry, I'm going to need at least a passing familiarity as well. Nothing super detailed, but I need a rough idea of the units involved.

As an example: Particle cannons are used for long ranged combat, but how long range are we talking here? Kilometers? Megameters? Astronomical Units? Is the range theoretically unlimited, bound only by your ability to acquire a target and account for outside aiming variables?

What about the rate of fire? Are we talking shots per second, minute, or hour? What's the damage output of a single shot? (megajoules are an acceptable unit, but so are city blocks)

Similar questions for the missiles. Are these big torpedoes or more of a mattress set up? Are any of the weapons on turrets, or are they fixed? Is the Star Brigade a relative pushover or armed to the teeth?

I don't need an entire digest, but it'll be embarrassing if my character starts to talk about what should be her area of expertise and I don't know what I'm talking about.

The Star Brigade was recently rearmed following a need for better protection. Its greatest strengths come in the form of its maneuverability. Speed is really no matter in Space, since given time, any ship could reach a similar velocity. The Star Brigade has less mass however, allowing for much faster acceleration and maneuvering.

In terms of distance, long range. Looooong range. A hundred thousand kilometers is roughly the sparring distance for larger ships. Any further than that, and countermeasures become effective against shots, with shipborne AI systems making the slight calculations to dodge fire. Range is technically unlimited, but as I said, the farther out you are, the more time in microseconds an AI has to counter a volley.

The guns are powerful. The particle cannons work like rail guns, firing small projectiles at extremely fast speeds. The gun banks are housed in the ship's outer shell, which is kept depressurized and free floating. Friction is the biggest problem with the particle cannons, so keeping them in zero gravity helps keep maintenance costs down. Rapid fire capabilities.

Shots can be measured similar to bomb payloads, but on a much higher scale, in Gigatons. Enough to rip through a particle shield in several well placed shots.

The missiles are strictly for close defense, in the area of 1-1000 kilometers. Unlike the particle cannons, there are limits to how many missiles a ship can hold. They are bigger, slower, and ineffective at tracking targets. So instead, they are used as cluster bombs, scattering superheated metal fragments into the vacuum surrounding the ship. They will shred fighters, but they are a last resort. And they will do nothing against another ship's shields.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked